Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Tweesus
COTR
Luis
Sgoater1
Deluded F*ck™
robert
shazlx
Allez les rouges
S4P
Isco Benny
Deano
Parks lives
16 posters

Boxing day winners and losers

Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Boxing day winners and losers - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing day winners and losers

Post by Deano Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:37 pm

Have you been taking lessons from Saints. I prefer Cahill to Arteta...that simple...then you make some outrageous comment about Parker and Solano...honestly.

West Ham lack creativity because our creative players are all injured...

You go on about the British way being bad because you have no English players that ever play. A matchday squad of foreigners is disgraceful...what's the point of having all creativity and no finish?...something you often have trouble with.

I think you need to learn about certain players before making comments...Parker actually creates more than you would think...Bellamy creates...Dyer, Faubert and Boa Morte are creative players...yet are all injured.

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:37 pm

Scott Parker wrote:
    Puro wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    And that my friend, is what is wrong with English football.

You'd rather have another Scott Parker rather than a Nobby Solano?

WOW! Black Magic, are you really 16? Kudos to you young man for already spotting quality at such young age. <Ale>

Many football fans are completely unaware of the true Maestros of the game such as Nobby. Even some sports journos don't know how to properly watch football, they gave MOTM to the Reading player EVEN after watching Nobby's recital. Good for you Black Magic! Biggrin <Ale>

Tha's right...kudos to him. Let's all have 4 wingers in our team.

Arteta is an Attacking midfielder played on the wing by Moyes.

4 wingers? scratch

Boa Morte/Dyer-----Arteta--------Freddie and a DM behind.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:38 pm

Puro wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    And that my friend, is what is wrong with English football.

You'd rather have another Scott Parker rather than a Nobby Solano?

WOW! Black Magic, are you really 16? Kudos to you young man for already spotting a half decent Peruvian footballer at such young age. <Ale>

Many football fans are completely unaware of the Peruvians of the game such as Nobby. Even some sports journos know not to bother wasting their time watching most Peruvians, they gave MOTM to the Reading player EVEN after watching Nobby's first decent goal in West Ham colours. Good for you Black Magic! Biggrin <Ale>

Signed, A Peruvian. Spotted the link?

ok
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:44 pm

Solano scored a grea Free-kick at Derby Embarassed
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:47 pm

Black Magic wrote:

4 wingers? scratch

Boa Morte/Dyer-----Arteta--------Freddie and a DM behind.

well that's 3 for a start scratch
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:49 pm

Scott Parker wrote:Have you been taking lessons from Saints. I prefer Cahill to Arteta...that simple...then you make some outrageous comment about Parker and Solano...honestly.

You go on about the British way being bad because you have no English players that ever play. A matchday squad of foreigners is disgraceful...what's the point of having all creativity and no finish?...something you often have trouble with.

I think you need to learn about certain players before making comments...Parker actually creates more than you would think...Bellamy creates...Dyer, Faubert and Boa Morte are creative players...yet are all injured.

The Solano - Parker comment is quite accurate in relation to the two Everton players.

Why are you going off into a tangent about me hating the British way? Is it wrong to simply mention a flaw that is being conducted in 95% of the country? Please don't mention the team I support, it has no relation to the topic. you're just looking for an outlet to express your displeasure in our lack of English talent.

You and I both know that Nobby is twice as creative as the pace merchant, the crocks and the French reject put together.

IMO your team would benefit more from Arteta than it would from Cahill, I can understand why you disagree with me but at the same time I think I'm right. <Ale>
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    Scott Parker wrote:Have you been taking lessons from Saints. I prefer Cahill to Arteta...that simple...then you make some outrageous comment about Parker and Solano...honestly.

The Solano - Parker comment is quite accurate in relation to the two Everton players.

Why are you going off into a tangent about me hating the British way? Is it wrong to simply mention a flaw that is being conducted in 95% of the country? Please don't mention the team I support, it has no relation to the topic. you're just looking for an outlet to express your displeasure in our lack of English talent.

You and I both know that Nobby is twice as creative as the pace merchant, the crocks and the French reject put together.

IMO your team would benefit more from Arteta than it would from Cahill, I can understand why you disagree with me but at the same time I think I'm right. <Ale>
    Nicely put, your much younger than me but I wish I was as eloquent as you.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:58 pm

I wasn't actually speaking from a West Ham point of view in the first place...I said I prefer Cahill...

We would benefit equally from either player. Bit unfair to call Faubert a French reject? A fit Dyer/Faubert and Bellamy, and I think we'd need a player like Cahill more.

Arsenal often have problems actually finishing off a move...despite it being a joy to watch, sometimes you just need that player, who can put to use what has been created.

I can guarentee sometimes we'd have Bellamy/Solano etc creating something and wishing we had a Cahill to finish it. Or not being able to create and wishing we had an Arteta to create something. I think our team is rather balanced enough for us to use Cahill/Arteta.

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:59 pm

Glenny Chrysémas wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    Losers

Johan Djourou
    The level of anxiety at Arsenal over Kolo Toure's month-long summons to the African Nations Cup will have been ratcheted up a notch or two in recent weeks. Although Wenger has confirmed he will call back Djourou from Birmingham as cover, he will be fully aware that the defender has rarely impressed during his loan stint. Djourou's mistake against Bolton, casually throwing in the ball for Nicolas Anelka to pounce, was precisely the type of match-scenario mistake that his five-month sojournment was supposed to eradicate.

I may be wrong but I'm sure a few weeks ago Djourou was in the winners section with the writer blowing smoke about how lucky Wenger was to be able to recall him since Senderos is shite.

It really tells you about how Djourou's season has gone - it's more inconsistent than Ligue 1 results.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:00 pm

shazlx wrote:
    Arsene Wenger
    Yet it was not an impressive evening for the Arsenal manager whose tactical shortcomings were once again apparent. Arsene Wenger's complaints about Portsmouth's negativity would have possessed some validity if only he hadn't deployed his side in precisely the same 4-5-1 formation as their hosts. The Frenchman's reluctance to field a second striker as a companion to the isolated Emmanuel Adebayor grows more perplexing - and frustrating - with every passing week.

In fairness, Wenger has voiced his concerns that Nicklas Bendtner is too similar to Adebayor to be his ideal partner, but, having admitted he erred in packing the midfield against Manchester United almost two months ago, how could Wenger fail to appreciate the lesson of Tottenham this week when Bendtner's belated introduction rectified another fitful performance? Given even less time against Pompey, the striker's cameo coincided with Arsenal's only genuinely threatening period in the match.

Wenger's myopia hasn't cleared up, it's just found another blurred reality.
    Why doesn't the media say this more repeatedly and viciously. Wenger is a proud man I'm sure he would change his ways if the media kept hounding him. I hate this anti-Arsenal media.

Hang about, the media not criticising your manager makes them anti-Arsenal?

I'm sure you'd be saying the same if they did criticise him...
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:02 pm

Black Magic wrote:

lol!

bit harsh?

Solano has no option but to be creative. He doesn't have much else in his locker. I remember Flobbert destroying a decent England U21's side single handedly. Dyer when fit is everyone's darling and an England fringe member. Bit harsh.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:04 pm

Scott Parker wrote:I wasn't actually speaking from a West Ham point of view in the first place...I said I prefer Cahill...

We would benefit equally from either player. Bit unfair to call Faubert a French reject? A fit Dyer/Faubert and Bellamy, and I think we'd need a player like Cahill more.

Arsenal often have problems actually finishing off a move...despite it being a joy to watch, sometimes you just need that player, who can put the use what has been created.

Lauren Blanc was asked at his appointment whether he would of found Faubert useful if he had stayed, Blanc answered "Who?"*

It's pretty difficult to score goals when you don't create chances though isn't it? Ashton is a great finisher, I'm a fan of his. I think he'd benefit in having Arteta around. <Ale>

*this may be a lie
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:11 pm

Glenny Chrysémas wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

lol!

bit harsh?

Solano has no option but to be creative. He doesn't have much else in his locker. I remember Flobbert destroying a decent England U21's side single handedly. Dyer when fit is everyone's darling and an England fringe member. Bit harsh.
    Not at all. Bodmer assisted more and even scored more goals than Faubert whilst playing in a more defensive position at Bordeaux.

Dyer, great when deployed on the wing, flounders when asked to conduct the proceedings from the middle. Bobby Robson was an idiot for not starting Vianna in the "hole".

Notice how I say "creative" I can't deny that Dyer and the others might be better players, but in a creative sense they pale in comparison. <Ale>
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:45 pm

FFS what's wrong with preferring Cahill over Arteta? it's all about opinion

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:42 am