Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
theflyingfrenchman
Pierre Littbarski
COTR
L r d hAsta LueGo
Parks lives
Green Arrow
S4P
Jaime
Dwarf
Deano
Cesc Soler
lrdsucksgoats
Sheffield gunner
Kimbo
DS
Lordanger
Tom
Sgoater1
22 posters

Anelka in talks with Chelsea and City !

Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Anelka in talks with Chelsea and City ! Empty Anelka in talks with Chelsea and City !

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:10 pm

A statement has been read on SSN from Anelka announcing he is in talks with bith clubs and likes the idea of moving ot either club. I think Chelsea obviously have the edge if they can offer him Champs League football but i hope we get him.

Still why the f@ck does he need to come out and comment on the rumours when he is still at Bolton.

What do Chelsea fans make of it ?
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Anelka in talks with Chelsea and City ! Empty Re: Anelka in talks with Chelsea and City !

Post by Tom Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:11 pm

Personally would rather have him than Berbatov, but don't mind either. And yeh, almost as bad proffesionally as Berbatov with the transfer request. Mental.
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
    Supports : hairbands
    Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
    Registration date : 2006-09-27

Anelka in talks with Chelsea and City ! Empty Re: Anelka in talks with Chelsea and City !

Post by Lordanger Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:12 pm

i wouldn't mind him or berbertov, both are pretty good. Berba would add some flair to our team and he has a nice hairband.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by DS Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:12 pm

He probably wouldnt suit Chelsea to be honest , he is strong but holding a ball as a lone target man isnt his strength and I would not use him that way.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:13 pm

Chelsea it is then. They're absolute fuckers in the transfer market!!
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm

Do people think Bolton will be able to avoid relegation if they sell Anelka?
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:17 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Do people think Bolton will be able to avoid relegation if they sell Anelka?

Not a prayer. They've even beaten Man U...
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:23 pm

Good old Nic. What was the point of signing a new contract in the Summer!?!?

I think Chelsea will get him and use him alongside Shevchenko whilst Drogba is at the ACN. From then who knows.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:25 pm

Cesc wrote:Good old Nic. What was the point of signing a new contract in the Summer!?!?

I think Chelsea will get him and use him alongside Shevchenko whilst Drogba is at the ACN. From then who knows.
    He must've been changing his clause, maybe the previous clause didn't allow him to leave in january.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:26 pm

I reckon Tottenham have made it clear Berbatov won't be going this season...and that's why Chelsea have gone for Anelka.

He's Chelsea standard tbh...wasting himself at Bolton.
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:30 pm

He better be playing tonight. Erm
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:16 pm

Saviola to Bolton. Ale
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358

Post by S4P Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Dark Savante wrote:He probably wouldnt suit Chelsea to be honest , he is strong but holding a ball as a lone target man isnt his strength and I would not use him that way.

He won't play up front on his own. He'll play alongside Shevchenko (or Pizarro) during the ACN and alongside Drogba for the rest of the season.

In fact, signing Anelka makes sense because (so long as he is scoring goals) it means we can rest Drogba in some of a 'low-key' matches to keep him fit and fresh for the big matches.
    Green Arrow
    Green Arrow

Number of posts : 1028
    Supports : Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo (The Red Wiz), Beckham (The Legend), King Cantona, Robson (Captain Marvel)
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Green Arrow Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:11 pm

Which 'City' and has Le Sulk signed for Chelski....?
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:14 pm

Manchester City.

Probably end up at Chelsea, twice as cheap as Berbatov, more likely to leave and probably happier with a squad role once Drogba returns.
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC

Post by Cesc Soler Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Parks lives wrote:Manchester City.

Probably end up at Chelsea, twice as cheap as Berbatov, more likely to leave and probably happier with a squad role once Drogba returns.
    More so than Berbatov but not by much! He's not called Le Sulk for nothing.

I think in the long run Grant wants to play a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 with Anelka as one of the wider players like he has played under at Bolton.
    Green Arrow
    Green Arrow

Favourite Player : Ronaldo (The Red Wiz), Beckham (The Legend), King Cantona, Robson (Captain Marvel)

Post by Green Arrow Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Man City?? Wasnt he there once already? WTF is up with this ass-hole....thank goodness we never wanted him!

I hate players like - always looking to move with no loyalty for any club! Qunt!!! Grr Hope he flops at Chelski!!!
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
    Supports : hairbands
    Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
    Registration date : 2006-09-27

Post by Lordanger Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:25 pm

Jaime wrote:Saviola to Bolton. Ale

yup, i cant imagine a better english number 9 for bolton to fire countless long-balls at than saviola.
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:31 pm

Cesc wrote:Good old Nic. What was the point of signing a new contract in the Summer!?!?

Bolton will probably get an extra 5 mill+ due to him doing that, wouldn't knock him for it.

Anelka wouldn't bother me to much at Chelsea, as long as Berbatov doesn't end up there.
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:34 pm

L r d wrote:

Bolton will probably get an extra 5 mill+ due to him doing that, wouldn't knock him for it.

Anelka wouldn't bother me to much at Chelsea, as long as Berbatov doesn't end up there.

Maybe not this season as we are imo out of the title chase. No way we can catch 6+ points on both Arsenal and Man Utd, even at this stage (to catch 1 is very possible... 2 no chance). But if he is a success with us I think you should worry a lot more about next season lerd. Drogba, Lamps and Anelka are all capable of 20(+) league goals. Ale
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Post by lrdsucksgoats Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:35 pm

Cesc wrote:

I think in the long run Grant wants to play a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 with Anelka as one of the wider players like he has played under at Bolton.

I think he'll play a 4-3-3 with Anelka covering both the wide and central positions but probably never being first choice in either...
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:36 pm

S4P wrote:
    L r d wrote:

Maybe not this season as we are imo out of the title chase. No way we can catch 6+ points on both Arsenal and Man Utd, even at this stage (to catch 1 is very possible... 2 no chance). But if he is a success with us I think you should worry a lot more about next season lerd. Drogba, Lamps and Anelka are all capable of 20(+) league goals. Ale

Drogba may well score 20 goals, but Inter Milan should be worried not me Biggrin
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:37 pm

Anas Al-Liby wrote:
    Cesc wrote:

I think he'll play a 4-3-3 with Anelka covering both the wide and central positions but probably never being first choice in either...

.....................cech

beletti....carvalho...terry....cole

Cole.....essien......ballack....Malouda

...........Drogba....anelka

now this would be a powerful lineup. Thankfully I doubt we'll ever see it
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:42 pm

ok

The manager doesn't have the balls to play that though.
    Green Arrow
    Green Arrow

Post by Green Arrow Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:44 pm

Cheslki trying to buy t'title AGAIN t'f'king qunts! Grr

Chelsea = No honour!!!
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:46 pm

Green Arrow wrote:Cheslki trying to buy t'title AGAIN t'f'king qunts! Grr

Chelsea = No honour!!!

ok We would never do a thing like that! Devil
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Post by lrdsucksgoats Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:46 pm

COTR wrote:
    Anas Al-Liby wrote:
    Cesc wrote:

Wouldn't work in Europe, but would kick the $h!t out of the Premiership. Obviously I'd have Alex over Terry, who has become something of a caricature of his former self this season...
    Green Arrow
    Green Arrow

Post by Green Arrow Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:51 pm

L r d wrote:

Chelsea = No honour!!!

No sir we would not. We invest in 'youth' and develop our players. Very occasionally we buy the odd 'developed' player to supplement our youth. We DONT buy 'journeymen' players by t'dozen like Chelsea to win t'league!

UTTER QUNTS says i...!!! Grr
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:52 pm

L r d wrote:

Chelsea = No honour!!!

ok
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:54 pm

Anas Al-Liby wrote:
    COTR wrote:
    Anas Al-Liby wrote:
    Cesc wrote:

Wouldn't work in Europe, but would kick the $h!t out of the Premiership. Obviously I'd have Alex over Terry, who has become something of a caricature of his former self this season...

ok In Europe I think you'd have to play 4-3-3 given what's available. I too would play Alex over Terry for the European games.

---------------------Cech
    Ferreira*--Carvalho--Alex*--A Cole
    ---------------------Mikel
    ---------------Essien---Ballack
    J Cole-------------------------Malouda
    --------------------Drogba

* More suited to CL football.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:04 am