Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
shazlx
Glenarch of the Glen
Parks lives
Kimbo
TITO
9 posters

Is it time for big Sam to leave?

TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Is it time for big Sam to leave? Empty Is it time for big Sam to leave?

Post by TITO Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:59 pm

I didn't watched the game but i saw the result.
    Newcastle haven't been this awfull for a while, even with worse managers than Allardyce.
    And they do have a team. I just don't get it.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Is it time for big Sam to leave? Empty Re: Is it time for big Sam to leave?

Post by Kimbo Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:07 pm

TITO wrote:I didn't watched the game but i saw the result.
    Newcastle haven't been this awfull for a while, even with worse managers than Allardyce.
    To be fair we're just as shite as we were last season and the season before.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:12 pm

Suprised how bad Sam has been, rated him fairly highly at that level before he joined.

He's got some quality strikers at Newcastle and they've got next to no service. 2-3 defensive midfielders and a full back/winger in midfield.
    TITO
    TITO

Post by TITO Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:14 pm

No you're not. You are much worse, at least on tv. Smile
    I have always been a fan of Newcastle, and i really hate it to see them play like this. If they continue with the same tempo, i wouldn't be surprised if they gt to fight in the relegation zone.
    I don't know do they deserve this or not, especially with all that money around.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:16 pm

TITO wrote:No you're not. You are much worse, at least on tv. Smile
    I have always been a fan of Newcastle, and i really hate it to see them play like this. If they continue with the same tempo, i wouldn't be surprised if they gt to fight in the relegation zone.
    I don't know do they deserve this or not, especially with all that money around.
    Last season we finished with our lowest ever points total in the premiership, so Sam will have to go some before he beats that. But he has shown so far that's he's determined to do it, so lets not write him off.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:16 pm

Worse managers have had more money and more time. His signings haven't set the world on fire but there hasn't been an expensive flop either. Bearing in mind he has to rebuild an entire team from scratch I think this season should be written off as a season of transition. The UEFA Cup is a waste of time, clubs frantically battle for a UEFA Cup place only to field weakened teams when they gt in it. Judge Fatso at the end of next season, when he's got rid of the players he doesn't fancy and brought his own in.

All that said, if Ashley wants him out, he should go now and give the next manager the transfer window and half a season of transition chins Ale
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:29 pm

Ideally should not have been appointed. Ramos should have been tried first. But as he was appointment, he should have been sacked the first time he played Smith over a fit Martins.
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:42 pm

No point chucking him out before the end of the year especially if it is to bring in Shearer.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:45 pm

Dwarf wrote:No point chucking him out before the end of the year especially if it is to bring in Shearer.
    Good point Doh . Newcastle need an experienced director of football.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:47 pm

Dwarf wrote:No point chucking him out before the end of the year especially if it is to bring in Shearer.
    Not Shearer again. Erm If Sam gets sacked this season and Shearer takes over i promise to post a video on the web called "1 man 1 cup". It just won't happen and is tabloid tosh.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:52 pm

Dont believe that either Shearer is like Cruyff! He wont get any bigger, he allready is a god. So why should he do this?
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:47 am

TITO wrote:I didn't watched the game but i saw the result.

No, now I want that Fat dumbass to stay at Newcastle. I want to keep hearing him that he needs "five years" for his plan to work, and his team to reach the top.

You look at guys like Juande Ramos coming into a totally foreign environment, and you can see some progress at Tottenham already even though he didn't have a pre-season to get to know what players he had.

Then you have guys like Sven who started at the same time like Fat Sam, he got to sign his own players just like that charlatan of football, and is already delivering the goods for Citeh. All this while Fat dumbass keeps saying he needs "5 years". Let him stay at Newcastle now. Don't get rid of him. Laugh
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:29 am

I think he should be given a chance until the end of the season. With Owen and Duff back fit i think he should be given a fair crack at the job.. Managers get sacked too esily these days and its not like Newcastle are near the relegation zone. Still i wouldnt give him too much to spend in January.

Tonight they wrent that bad we just did a good away job, keeping it tight, closing down well, passing well and hitting them on the break.
    TITO
    TITO

Post by TITO Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:49 am

Allardyce faces the sack

Sam Allardyce has admitted he is facing the sack after suffering a third consecutive defeat to a buoyant fourth-placed Manchester City.

The Newcastle boss is facing a fight to stay in charge after superb goals by Elano and Gelson Fernandes condemned United at St James' Park and conceded: "The pressure grows...particularly on me."

"It is a low moment for us all but we have to stick together," said Allardyce. "We have to believe we can get out of trouble starting with Stoke at the weekend.

"I don't see Stoke as a defining game but I am not daft enough to not realise that I am in the results business and need to win some matches.

Advertisement
    That is clear. It is a tough month for us.

"The pressure still mounts even with support (from the chairman), on all of us, particularly me. We have lost a game we should not have.

It is three defeats on the trot and again the pressure grows."

Allardyce was warned by chairman Chris Mort that results had been "disappointing" this season, but only two days ago he called the speculation about Big Sam's future "tedious".

"We were 1-0 down at half time and we shouldn't have been," added Big Sam.

"They played a tight 4-5-1 and played on the break. We probed, tried and found it difficult to break them down. It would have been different if we had scored and got one in.

"We played well but you have to score when you are on top. We had decisions go against us. Elano should have been sent off."

Delighted City boss Sven Goran Eriksson said: "I wish the league was finished today! If we can fight like this at the top until April or May I will be extremely pleased."

On Allardyce, Eriksson had sympathy adding: "The longer you are in this job you know it will happen to you. It has happened to me many times. This is football.

"You can't always play good football and win. You have tough times and it can be for a few weeks or a few months. Sam is a good manager. He showed that at Bolton. Give him time and he will show that."

Allardyce has asked Chelsea to give him Tal Ben Haim on loan for the rest of the season. He is waiting for an answer to his request for the defender he worked with at Bolton.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:17 pm