Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Protheus
BoBo Vieri 32
shazlx
Sgoater1
Black Magic
Unione
3zycupid
The-Frank-Tavern
DS
L.r.d
Tweesus
Deano
Tarun
Axeslammer
The Easter Bunny
Lordanger
Fey
bluenine
22 posters

Serie A Transfer Rumours

Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

Serie A Transfer Rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Serie A Transfer Rumours

Post by Tarun Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:37 pm

bluenine wrote:Jokes apart, I have no clue either.... while we definately need a DM urgently who can also serve as a long term replacement for Vieira (who shud be shown the door this summer), I don't think Sissoko is the answer... Mascherano definately, Diarra maybe, but not sissoko. Unless he is a Dacourt replacement, and we plan to get a better player in the summer.

Dark Savante wrote:what are you going to do with him I have no clue he doesnt do well in EPL where a midfield technicallity is not as important as in the Serie A.
    Then Viera seems to be a profitable sale by Juventus Wink
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by DS Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:53 pm

TarunDang wrote:I hope Inter gets Sissiko. Juve should rather concentrate on Mascherano
    bluenine wrote:The bigger question is - Why would Sissoko want Juve as there are better clubs like Inter keen (apparently)? Razz

Dark Savante wrote:Why would Juve want Sissoko as there are better players like Makoun available.
    <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:41 pm

Welcome to the board unione Ale
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:13 pm

Good to see another Lazio supporter here, Bobo will be delighted!

Unione wrote:Inter close in on Maniche Tuesday 8 January, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter could secure the signing of Portuguese midfielder Maniche within the next 48 hours.

The Nerazzurri are looking to expand their squad after suffering a glut of injuries in the first half of the season and they seem to be ready to turn to Maniche.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan8h.html
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:14 pm

Welcome Unione...It's nice to see someone who supports a worse Serie A team than me Biggrin Ale
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Don't be so modest, Deano... at the moment, even Juve and Fiorentina are worse than Roma Razz

Matthew Upson wrote:Welcome Unione...It's nice to see someone who supports a worse Serie A team than me Biggrin Ale
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:21 pm

bluenine wrote:Don't be so modest, Deano... at the moment, even Juve and Fiorentina are worse than Roma Razz

Matthew Upson wrote:Welcome Unione...It's nice to see someone who supports a worse Serie A team than me Biggrin Ale

lol! lol! Owned...
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:32 pm

bluenine wrote:Roma: Di Natale, Amauri, Quagliarella

Very Happy

We need to focus on a CB and DM. <Ale>
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:45 pm

Heard some rumours and and apparent interview with Sven in which he claims he wants to sign Mancini. Has anyone else heard this and what are our chances of getting him seen as his contract talks have hit a brick wall.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:08 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:Heard some rumours and and apparent interview with Sven in which he claims he wants to sign Mancini. Has anyone else heard this and what are our chances of getting him seen as his contract talks have hit a brick wall.

I think Spalletti is resigned to the fact that Mancini is going, in the summer probably. I hope he doesn't leave, on his day he is World Class.

Apparently Inter have first option on him after we agreed to it in the Pizarro deal, Inter have to pay around £12m to trigger it.

I don't think he'd go to Man City personally, he wants guarenteed CL football and I don't think City can guarentee anything like that right now. If you offer £14m and good wages for the player then anything's possible. <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:55 pm

Would be a massice coup for Citeh to get Mancini. He's one of Roma's best players.

It'd be similar to someone like Fiorentina in Italy of Villarreal in Spain buying Hleb off us.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Its really such a modest shortlist..... no Ronaldinho? Rolling Eyes

Roma Want Mutu, Berbatov & Lucio For Next Season

AS Roma have drawn up a huge shortlist of players for their summer transfer campaign, which includes the likes of Adrian Mutu, Dimitar Berbatov and Lucio. Giallorossi boss Luciano Spalletti has repeatedly stated that he will make no signings during this January transfer window. However this has not stopped the capital club from preparing in advance for the summer. According to Il Messagero, in defence Roma have short-listed Toulouse’s Jeremy Mathieu, Stuttgart’s Ludovic Magnin, Udinese duo Andrea Dossena and Felipe, and Bayern Munich star Lucio.

In midfield, the only two players of interest are Arsenal’s Gilberto Silva and yet another Udinese player, Gokhan Inler. In attack Roma have drawn up a long-list of possibilities, with the number one objective being Fiorentina star Adrian Mutu. Also of interest are Tottenham’s Dimitar Berbatov, Chelsea’s Claudio Pizarro, Stuttgart’s Mario Gomez, Manchester City’s Rolando Bianchi, and Toulouse’s Johan Elmander.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:21 am

bluenine wrote:Its really such a modest shortlist..... no Ronaldinho? Rolling Eyes

Roma Want Mutu, Berbatov & Lucio For Next Season

AS Roma have drawn up a huge shortlist of players for their summer transfer campaign, which includes the likes of Adrian Mutu, Dimitar Berbatov and Lucio. Giallorossi boss Luciano Spalletti has repeatedly stated that he will make no signings during this January transfer window. However this has not stopped the capital club from preparing in advance for the summer. According to Il Messagero, in defence Roma have short-listed Toulouse’s Jeremy Mathieu, Stuttgart’s Ludovic Magnin, Udinese duo Andrea Dossena and Felipe, and Bayern Munich star Lucio.

In midfield, the only two players of interest are Arsenal’s Gilberto Silva and yet another Udinese player, Gokhan Inler. In attack Roma have drawn up a long-list of possibilities, with the number one objective being Fiorentina star Adrian Mutu. Also of interest are Tottenham’s Dimitar Berbatov, Chelsea’s Claudio Pizarro, Stuttgart’s Mario Gomez, Manchester City’s Rolando Bianchi, and Toulouse’s Johan Elmander.

Spalletti will keep his word, he won't sign anyone in January.

As for the shortlist, I'd take all of them bar Gilberto. We need a pacy DM and Gilberto just isn't upto it anymore.

I think Elmander is a real possiblilty, Spalletti has been tracking him for a while. <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Gilberto is very realistic.

Berbatov I really can't see, although he's a Roma type of player.

In terms of value, he's £25m+ though and I doubt Roma have tthat
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:07 pm

Tweedle wrote:Gilberto is very realistic.

Berbatov I really can't see, although he's a Roma type of player.

In terms of value, he's £25m+ though and I doubt Roma have tthat

I know Gilerto is realistic, I don't want him at Arsenal anymore and it would be a shock to find out he's at another club I love!

I can't see Berbatov coming either, I'd be happy with Elmander. £25m is available but Spalletti won't blow it all on one player when there are other positions that need strengthening.

Sensi has said that there will be a substantial amount of money available should Spalletti want to spend either now or the summer. <Ale>

A CB is definately needed. I don't even want to think about what will happen if Mexes or Juan get injured leading upto the Madrid game.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:12 pm

There are a few clubs sniffing around Elmander at the moment. If Roma don't want to invest until the summer then they might have to concede his loss in this window.

Mancini may well be leaving as well, so the priority in the summer would/should be a class winger/attacking midfielder - someone like VDV maybe
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:29 pm

Tweedle wrote:There are a few clubs sniffing around Elmander at the moment. If Roma don't want to invest until the summer then they might have to concede his loss in this window.

Mancini may well be leaving as well, so the priority in the summer would/should be a class winger/attacking midfielder - someone like VDV maybe

We'll have to see about Elmander, it's realistic. I'm not even gonna think about getting a guys like Gomez or Berbatov.

There's a 80% chance Mancini will leave. I hope he doesn't, but he probably will. Hopefully if he does leave, he'll go to Arsenal. Very Happy

Izmailov at Sporting is a player that has been touted, the lack of left footers is alarming so he would definitely be an asset.

Another weak position is the DM slot. Brighi isn't good enough and after De Rossi there's no one else. I can't really think of anyone, perhaps Dossena will be bought and pushed into midfield?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:44 am

This woudl be a great move for Fiorentina... They need an experienced midfielder or two.

Fiorentina Offer €10 Million For Lucho Gonzalez

According to Italian daily 'La Nazione', Fiorentina have made a new offer for Porto's captain Lucho Gonzalez, and are ready to spend even more in order to lure the midfielder to Italy. Fiorentina may be on the verge of completing an important transfer in the coming days after offering 10m Euros to Porto for the services of Lucho Gonzalez. However, the Portuguese side is demanding 20m, which is 5m less than his buy-out clause.

The Viola are ready to increase their bid up to 13m Euros, but they might in any case lose out on the possibility of signing the Argentinean player if Barcelona interfere in the negotiations, as it is rumoured in the press. Fiorentina are not giving up on the idea of signing Gonzalez as he would be the player they need to strengthen their midfield and turn them into real top four contenders this season. The Viola are currently in fourth place, two points above Udinese and three points behind Juventus.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:04 am

Black Magic wrote:There's a 80% chance Mancini will leave. I hope he doesn't, but he probably will. Hopefully if he does leave, he'll go to Arsenal.
    No Hopefully not. I really don't rate this player, I'd rather we buy Young or even Bently.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:11 am

I don't think we are looking to bring anyone in...we really don't need anyone at the moment. We need a decent goalkeeper IMO...but it's not urgent.

As long as we can keep Cassano in the summer (he wants to stay) I'll be pleased.

Cassano>>>Quagliarella Ale.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:20 pm

shazlx wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:There's a 80% chance Mancini will leave. I hope he doesn't, but he probably will. Hopefully if he does leave, he'll go to Arsenal.
    No Hopefully not. I really don't rate this player, I'd rather we buy Young or even Bently.

Shocked

I see him week in week out and everytime I smile in happiness knowing Roma have such a talented and versatile player. Ale
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:55 pm

Tweedle wrote:Would be a massice coup for Citeh to get Mancini. He's one of Roma's best players.

It'd be similar to someone like Fiorentina in Italy of Villarreal in Spain buying Hleb off us.

it woul be some coup but i dont think that comparison you made is correct.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:There are a few clubs sniffing around Elmander at the moment. If Roma don't want to invest until the summer then they might have to concede his loss in this window.

We'll have to see about Elmander, it's realistic. I'm not even gonna think about getting a guys like Gomez or Berbatov.

There's a 80% chance Mancini will leave. I hope he doesn't, but he probably will. Hopefully if he does leave, he'll go to Arsenal. Very Happy

Izmailov at Sporting is a player that has been touted, the lack of left footers is alarming so he would definitely be an asset.

Another weak position is the DM slot. Brighi isn't good enough and after De Rossi there's no one else. I can't really think of anyone, perhaps Dossena will be bought and pushed into midfield?

You have Barusso? And i suppose you could play Perrotta in DM like he used to.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:13 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

Barusso is leaving: http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=549999

And rightly so, he has been nothing more than a nuisance, an untalented nuisance.

We didn't buy Perrotta from Chievo due to his defesive capabilities, let me tell you that! I'd rather play Pizarro in DM. Also, he has built an amazing partnership with Franco, I wouldn't want to break that up.

In hindsight, maybe letting go of Dacourt was a little rash without getting a capable replacement.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:14 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Would be a massice coup for Citeh to get Mancini. He's one of Roma's best players.

I think it's an accurate comparison actually, what makes you think it isn't?
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:

Fiorentina have proven themselves to be a very good side over the last 2 and a half seasons.

Man City have only been good the last 6 months and were very much a midtable side before that.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:33 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

And rightly so, he has been nothing more than a nuisance, an untalented nuisance.

We didn't buy Perrotta from Chievo due to his defesive capabilities, let me tell you that! I'd rather play Pizarro in DM. Also, he has built an amazing partnership with Franco, I wouldn't want to break that up.

In hindsight, maybe letting go of Dacourt was a little rash without getting a capable replacement.

Well yeh he's not the most talented, Spalletti only really bought him so he could have a backup for De Rossi.

I thought only Spalletti discovered Perrotta could be such an effective trequartista after the striker injury crisis in 2006.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:40 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:

Fiorentina have proven themselves to be a very good side over the last 2 and a half seasons.

Man City have only been good the last 6 months and were very much a midtable side before that.

It's not about the past though, right now they are at around the same stature in quality and are placed similarly in their respective tables. Ale
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:42 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

Well yeh he's not the most talented, Spalletti only really bought him so he could have a backup for De Rossi.

I thought only Spalletti discovered Perrotta could be such an effective trequartista after the striker injury crisis in 2006.

Perrotta was never a DM, he was a versatile box to box midfielder. It came no surprise to me or the other Roma fans that attacking cam so naturally, I'd hate for him to be pushed into a DM role. Of couse, he still has good defensive capabilities as he's shown for the Italian national side. Ale
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:

It's not about the past though, right now they are at around the same stature in quality and are placed similarly in their respective tables. Ale

Its a bit early to judge after only 6 months. They could just be a 1 season wonder.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:25 am