Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Protheus
BoBo Vieri 32
shazlx
Sgoater1
Black Magic
Unione
3zycupid
The-Frank-Tavern
DS
L.r.d
Tweesus
Deano
Tarun
Axeslammer
The Easter Bunny
Lordanger
Fey
bluenine
22 posters

Serie A Transfer Rumours

Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Serie A Transfer Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Serie A Transfer Rumours

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:53 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Would be a massice coup for Citeh to get Mancini. He's one of Roma's best players.

It'd be similar to someone like Fiorentina in Italy of Villarreal in Spain buying Hleb off us.

it woul be some coup but i dont think that comparison you made is correct.

I think it's an accurate comparison actually, what makes you think it isn't?

Fiorentina have proven themselves to be a very good side over the last 2 and a half seasons.

Man City have only been good the last 6 months and were very much a midtable side before that.

It's not about the past though, right now they are at around the same stature in quality and are placed similarly in their respective tables. Ale

Its a bit early to judge after only 6 months. They could just be a 1 season wonder.

Have you seen how rich their owner is!?
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:56 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Would be a massice coup for Citeh to get Mancini. He's one of Roma's best players.

It'd be similar to someone like Fiorentina in Italy of Villarreal in Spain buying Hleb off us.

Fiorentina have proven themselves to be a very good side over the last 2 and a half seasons.

Man City have only been good the last 6 months and were very much a midtable side before that.

It's not about the past though, right now they are at around the same stature in quality and are placed similarly in their respective tables. Ale

Its a bit early to judge after only 6 months. They could just be a 1 season wonder.

so?

i dont judge clubs by its owners.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:00 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:

so?

What I mean is their too rich to slip up after this season. In fact I can only see them getting better after Shinawatra injects more money into the club. With enough money and Sven's accurate eye for talent, they will improve. Ale
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:

so?

What I mean is their too rich to slip up after this season. In fact I can only see them getting better after Shinawatra injects more money into the club. With enough money and Sven's accurate eye for talent, they will improve. Ale

we can only speculate on the future. Svens honeymoon period might come to an end...
    Protheus
    Protheus

Number of posts : 1816
    Supports : Futebol Clube do Porto
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Protheus Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:08 pm

bluenine wrote:This woudl be a great move for Fiorentina... They need an experienced midfielder or two.

Fiorentina Offer €10 Million For Lucho Gonzalez

According to Italian daily 'La Nazione', Fiorentina have made a new offer for Porto's captain Lucho Gonzalez, and are ready to spend even more in order to lure the midfielder to Italy. Fiorentina may be on the verge of completing an important transfer in the coming days after offering 10m Euros to Porto for the services of Lucho Gonzalez. However, the Portuguese side is demanding 20m, which is 5m less than his buy-out clause.

The Viola are ready to increase their bid up to 13m Euros, but they might in any case lose out on the possibility of signing the Argentinean player if Barcelona interfere in the negotiations, as it is rumoured in the press. Fiorentina are not giving up on the idea of signing Gonzalez as he would be the player they need to strengthen their midfield and turn them into real top four contenders this season. The Viola are currently in fourth place, two points above Udinese and three points behind Juventus.

For that price (10M or even 13M) they can keep on dreaming or turn elsewhere. It is not as we do not want him or even that we are that desperate to sell.
    No team will get him for less than the buy out clasule(if there is one this is all speculation so far) as he has a contract till 2011 and is 100% ours.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:13 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:we can only speculate on the future. Svens honeymoon period might come to an end...

Yeh, and Fiorentina might lose Prandelli.

The facts are there though with Citeh - they have money, they're doing well in the league + they have a very experience coach and some very talented youngsters. The future looks bright.

If you want I'll use Udinese for the comparison though, as they're having a more similar season to Citeh
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:44 pm

Rumour is Rolando Bianchi is set to presented as a Lazio player either today or tomorrow...I don't know doesn't sound right, but that is the story on Italian websites.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Rumour is Rolando Bianchi is set to presented as a Lazio player either today or tomorrow...I don't know doesn't sound right, but that is the story on Italian websites.

City are still chasing a striker. If they got someone new that would leave little room for Bianchi. Not sure how successful they're being with their hunting though.

Their loan bid for Podolski seems to have fallen on deaf ears now that Klinsmann is lined up for the summer
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:58 pm

Deal is done, apparently.... looks like Man City acutally made a profit on this transfer!! If only Lazio had done this kinda stuff last summer, they would still have been in CL now!!

Bianchi signs for LazioWednesday 23 January, 2008

Manchester City striker Rolando Bianchi has signed for Lazio after a series of meetings in Rome this afternoon.

The 24-year-old had looked set to pen a deal with Torino, but Lazio President Claudio Lotito appears to have made a better offer.

The Biancocelesti are believed to have agreed a permanent transfer and will pay a fee of around £10m in three annual instalments.

The details of the agreement are yet to be announced, but it is suspected that Bianchi will undergo a medical today and be unveiled at some stage tomorrow afternoon.

Having signed for Manchester City from Reggina for £8.8m last summer, Bianchi never settled in the Premier League and leaves after 15 appearances – mostly as a substitute – and four goals.

The former Atalanta youth product will now hope to revitalise his career in the Eternal City and restart his push for a space in Roberto Donadoni's Euro 2008 squad.

Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:00 pm

lol!

I could understand it if he'd been playing regularly and Citeh were unkeen to sell but to make a profit on someone who has barely played and has been sporadic formwise is somewhat ridiculous.

Thickshin won't mind though...
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:29 pm

bluenine wrote:Deal is done, apparently.... looks like Man City acutally made a profit on this transfer!! If only Lazio had done this kinda stuff last summer, they would still have been in CL now!!

Bianchi signs for LazioWednesday 23 January, 2008

Manchester City striker Rolando Bianchi has signed for Lazio after a series of meetings in Rome this afternoon.

The 24-year-old had looked set to pen a deal with Torino, but Lazio President Claudio Lotito appears to have made a better offer.

The Biancocelesti are believed to have agreed a permanent transfer and will pay a fee of around £10m in three annual instalments.

The details of the agreement are yet to be announced, but it is suspected that Bianchi will undergo a medical today and be unveiled at some stage tomorrow afternoon.

Having signed for Manchester City from Reggina for £8.8m last summer, Bianchi never settled in the Premier League and leaves after 15 appearances – mostly as a substitute – and four goals.

The former Atalanta youth product will now hope to revitalise his career in the Eternal City and restart his push for a space in Roberto Donadoni's Euro 2008 squad.

yet another poor transfer move from us. We don't need a striker yet we go and waste 10 million on one. We couldve used that money to buy a keeper and defender.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:30 pm

There was that article Kimbo posted, with Pandev saying Newcastle have made an offer...that would mean you need a replacement.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:36 pm

kas wrote:There was that article Kimbo posted, with Pandev saying Newcastle have made an offer...that would mean you need a replacement.

Bianchi is not a replacement for Panev though.

Our priorities have to be the defence. We still havnt replaced Oddo and Peruzzi.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:57 pm

I am sorry to see Bianchi go the guy is a great player and has a bright future. Still its unclear what has gone on off the pitch and what Sven has lined up....we will have to wait and see.

At least we are getting a good fee for him £1.2m profit on him after 5 months at the club is decent i guess.
    Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
    Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
    Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Xavi
    Registration date : 2007-01-26

Post by Dejan Savićević Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:22 pm

^ Yeah, it's a shame, I really wanted to see him play more regularly in the Prem.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:57 am

Actually I thought he was doing decently for you in the last month or so... he looked like he was getting acclimatised to EPL... I guess this was a personal decision.

Lazio now have a decent attack - Rocchi, Bianchi, Pandev, & Makinwa. If only they had invested in a decent defender and a good goalie.

Sgoater1 wrote:I am sorry to see Bianchi go the guy is a great player and has a bright future. Still its unclear what has gone on off the pitch and what Sven has lined up....we will have to wait and see.

At least we are getting a good fee for him £1.2m profit on him after 5 months at the club is decent i guess.
    Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
    Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
    Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Xavi
    Registration date : 2007-01-26

Post by Dejan Savićević Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:55 pm

Lazio certainly need a goalie. Bianchi would have been a good signing for Toro...
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:02 pm

Sissoko to Juve is now confirmed.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:46 am

bluenine wrote:Actually I thought he was doing decently for you in the last month or so... he looked like he was getting acclimatised to EPL... I guess this was a personal decision.

Lazio now have a decent attack - Rocchi, Bianchi, Pandev, & Makinwa. If only they had invested in a decent defender and a good goalie.

Sgoater1 wrote:I am sorry to see Bianchi go the guy is a great player and has a bright future. Still its unclear what has gone on off the pitch and what Sven has lined up....we will have to wait and see.

Well Sven says he wanted to help Bianchi have a chance of getting in Italy squad for Euro Champs and he needs first team football to do this. I dont understand why he hasnt played more for us cos he has done well in all his games he has played. Im sorry to see him go. Sad
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:20 am

bluenine wrote:Sissoko to Juve is now confirmed.
    And I thought Raneiri was good in the transfer market , how much though , one thing that looks certain to me Juve are not going to win the title if Momo is a starter in the midfield.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:12 am

I thought he was good too, but after the Tiago/Almiron fiasco's, the names I see associated with Juve are really sub-standard for a club of their stature.... Sissoko, Ferrari, Stendardo - seriously?? Shocked

Dark Savante wrote:
    And I thought Raneiri was good in the transfer market , how much though , one thing that looks certain to me Juve are not going to win the title if Momo is a starter in the midfield.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:20 am

bluenine wrote:I thought he was good too, but after the Tiago/Almiron fiasco's, the names I see associated with Juve are really sub-standard for a club of their stature.... Sissoko, Ferrari, Stendardo - seriously?? Shocked

Dark Savante wrote:

I know, I'd pay Juve to get that incompetent defender off our hands! lol!
    Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:41 pm

bluenine wrote:I thought he was good too, but after the Tiago/Almiron fiasco's, the names I see associated with Juve are really sub-standard for a club of their stature.... Sissoko, Ferrari, Stendardo - seriously?? Shocked

Dark Savante wrote:

The point is that names like Ferrari & Stendardo are being considered by Juve as a solution to the short term defensive crisis that we have at the moment. We need to realize that there are not many big name CBs available midway in the season. Else players like VDV are already on the most likely list for transfers at the end of the season. I am very sure Juve will be in the transfer market with some big money at the end of this season when CL qualification is confirmed

Sissoko is someone that Ranieri thinks as a good fit for the formation he plays with. So let's wait out & see how it works
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:49 pm

I can somehow see the logic in signing Sissoko, in that Sissoko will run and harry the opposition throughout the 90 minutes. Ranieri's game is based on pressuring the opposition high up the field, with a player like Almiron he is simply unable to do that.

Preferably he should have signed a player with both the technical skill and the stamina. He'll probably be used in games against the bigger teams where they won't have the majority of possession.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:15 pm

Stendardo?? Didn't Juve just loan out Criscito, who is much better??

Also Ferrari? Is that much of an improvement on Boumsong, who Juve are loaning out?

Juve already had a decent stop gap arrangement in place... they just seem to be replacing some sub standard players with others.... whats the point? Criscito would probably have done much better in his next 6 months at Juve, than a Ferrari or Stendardo in their first 6 months. IMO Criscito is anyways more talented than both of them!

TarunDang wrote:

Dark Savante wrote:

The point is that names like Ferrari & Stendardo are being considered by Juve as a solution to the short term defensive crisis that we have at the moment. We need to realize that there are not many big name CBs available midway in the season. Else players like VDV are already on the most likely list for transfers at the end of the season. I am very sure Juve will be in the transfer market with some big money at the end of this season when CL qualification is confirmed

Sissoko is someone that Ranieri thinks as a good fit for the formation he plays with. So let's wait out & see how it works
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:20 pm

The best Jan Transfer campaign in Serie A so far has to be Genoa!

In: Criscito (D, Juventus), Masiero (A, Central Espanol), Wilson (A, Corinthians), Vanden Borre (D, Fiorentina)
    Out: Papa Waigo (A, Fiorentina)

4 decent buys, specially Criscito and Vanden Borre! The Genoa derby will now become even more interesting, specially since both clubs seem to be fighting for the UEFA Cup slots!
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:52 pm

G*noa have bought well enough, but I still believe we have the better team.

-----------------Castellazzi-------------

Zenoni---Campagnaro---Maggio---Accardi

Delvecchio---Volpi---Palombo---Franceschini

-------------Cassano---Montella-------------

Bench: Mirante, Lucchini, Pieri, Ziegler, Sammarco, Bellucci, Caracciolo.

I don't see how G*noa can better that tbh.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:07 pm

@Bluenine

City have enquired about Nelson Rivas at Inter, how good has he been ? would he do well in the EPL?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:08 pm

Has played little so far, but has looked decent.... joined us with a fearsome reputation... a tough tackling, physical type of defender... nicknamed "Tyson", but thats more coz of his body shape. Not the most agile of defenders, but has physical presence. More of a King/Cambell rather than a Carvalho/Chivu, if you know what I mean.

But now that Samuel is out for the season, it is very unlikely that Inter will let him go... if Samuel was out for just a month or two, then a loan deal would have made sense.

Sgoater1 wrote:@Bluenine

City have enquired about Nelson Rivas at Inter, how good has he been ? would he do well in the EPL?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:36 am

Fiorentina keep investing on quality talent! They have built such a great squad for the future without spending much at all...

Viola pounce for Da Costa
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fiorentina have made a surprise swoop for Portuguese prodigy Manuel Da Costa of PSV.While Juventus, Inter and Parma were believed to be targeting the 21-year-old defender, there had been no indication in the peninsula’s Press that the Viola were lining up a bid. However, late last night sporting director Pantaleo Corvino agreed a deal worth around £3m with the Dutch giants for one of Europe’s rising stars. Although born in France and unable to speak fluent Portuguese, Da Costa opted to represent his father’s homeland rather than Les Bleus at Under-21 level.

With Federico Balzaretti joining Palermo and Anthony Vanden Borre on loan to Genoa, Coach Cesare Prandelli had been looking a little short of defensive cover, but the addition of Da Costa is a huge boost. The former AS Nancy man is expected to arrive at the Stadio Artemio Franchi later this afternoon to meet his new colleagues and complete the formalities and he could watch the Coppa Italia clash against Lazio on Wednesday from the stands

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:39 pm