Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Sgoater1
L.r.d
Fey
110%
Tweesus
Black Magic
Machiavel
Roger Hunt
fcb
Torrente
14 posters

Ronaldo certain to play for Madrid

Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Ronaldo certain to play for Madrid Empty Ronaldo certain to play for Madrid

Post by Torrente Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:40 am

I'll try to translate most of what the article says

Ronaldo certain to play for Madrid B_ORGULLOSA_b_Dolores_Aveiro

Mamá Cristiano Ronaldo manda señales al Madrid

AS adelantó el pasado 29 de diciembre que Cristiano Ronaldo es el gran objetivo del Real Madrid para 2008. Ya hay una voz que le pide que fiche por el club blanco. Es su madre, Dolores, que recibió a AS en su casa de Madeira y reveló su gran deseo: "Ojalá algún día fuese al Madrid".

Dolores, Ronaldo's mom, welcomed AS to her home and claimed that one day she hopes CR signs for Madrid

La palabra de una madre va a misa. Si ese dicho se cumple en casa de los Aveiro, que nadie dude de que el futuro de Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro (Funchal, 1985) tiene un solo destino: el Real Madrid. AS se desplazó a Funchal, la capital de la isla portuguesa de Madeira, para visitar durante un par de días la tierra natal del crack y tuvo la oportunidad de charlar con su madre, Dolores Aveiro, sobre el interés del conjunto blanco en su hijo.

Dolores recibió a este periódico, que acudió a la cita con el padrino de Cristiano y un amigo del futbolista, en su casa del barrio de Sai Gonçalo (a las afueras de Funchal) y se le iluminó la cara cuando apareció el nombre del Real Madrid en la conversación. "Es mi equipo favorito, el mejor del mundo", reveló, y le lanzó una señal al conjunto blanco: "Si algún día sale de Inglaterra yo tengo claro que me gustaría que fuese al Madrid".

When Real Madrid's name was mentioned, her face lit up. "It's my favorite team, the best in the world", said Dolores. "If one day he leaves England I have it very clear that I'd like Madrid to be his next team"

Dos años. Sin embargo, fue en el momento en el que AS le regaló un fotomontaje de su hijo pequeño vestido de madridista cuando la mamá de Cristiano le dio su bendición definitiva al Real Madrid: "No me gustaría morirme sin ver a mi hijo jugando allí, luego ya me puedo morir, habría cumplido un sueño". ¿Y cuándo se cumplirá el deseo de la afición blanca de ver a Cristiano Ronaldo en el Madrid? "Ahora quizás no pueda ser, pero en dos años...", dejó caer la mamá de la estrella del Manchester. Por lo pronto, da alguna pista y diseña planes de futuro. "Si va a Madrid me iría a vivir allí con él. Esa ciudad me encanta...".
    Siempre influyó en los traspasos de su hijo

After AS gave her a picture of a young Ronaldo with a Madrid shirt on, she gave the final blessing. "I wouldn't want to die without having seen my son playing there. After that happens I can rest easy because a big dream would have been accomplished." When asked when she thinks he'll finally go there, "Perhaps right now is not possible, but within two years. If he goes to Madrid I'll go there to live with him, I love that city".

Es sabido que la opinión de mamá Dolores es escuchada atentamente por Cristiano Ronaldo. Tanto, que ha influido en todos los pasos de su hijo. Primero en la propia Madeira. Cuando Cristiano Ronaldo empezó a despuntar con nueve años decidió dar el salto a uno de los grandes clubes de la isla. El jugador y su padre, Dinis, querían ir al más poderoso, Marítimo, pero entre Dolores y el padrino de Cristiano, Fernao Sousa, hicieron pinza para que fuese al rival, Nacional. Después, con 14 años, llegó la hora de decidir entre Benfica y Sporting de Lisboa, y Dolores presionó en favor de los últimos (tiene pintado su sótano de blanco y verde). Y cuando Inglaterra llamó a su puerta le aconsejó que eligiese al Manchester United.

It is well known that Dolores' opinion is always taken into strong consideration by her son. When deciding between Madeira and Maritimo at age 9, and later Benfica and Sporting at 14, both times CR listened to his mother instead of his father and chose Madeira and Sporting. When English teams began contacting her son, Dolores advised her to go to Manchester United.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/futbol-mama-cristiano-ronaldo-manda/dasftb/20080122dasdaiftb_36/Tes

This thread is dedicated to Nutwing lol!
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Ronaldo certain to play for Madrid Empty Re: Ronaldo certain to play for Madrid

Post by fcb Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:03 am

Quality journalism from AS again ok Very Happy
    Torrente
    Torrente

Post by Torrente Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:36 am

kas wrote:Quality journalism from AS again ok Very Happy

They really are the masters. Despite their utter lack of shame and journalistic integrity you have to give it to them though. How they come up with these wacky schemes I will never know. It's as if they take advice from Stewey from "Family Guy".

Also, I didn't realize that Ronaldo's mom has cancer affraid So this gives a whole new layer to the "I'd like to see him play for Madrid before I die".
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Roger Hunt Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:05 am

And he lost his dad 2 years ago. Poor sod.
    Torrente
    Torrente

Post by Torrente Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:59 pm

Roger Hunt wrote:And he lost his dad 2 years ago. Poor sod.

Yikes

Talk about bad luck. Credit to him that he's managed to keep playing football in such a high level, continuously improving after every season.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:01 pm

Is ASS AS taken seriously as a publication in Spain?
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:03 pm

Didn't Van Horseface make fun of him for that or something?
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:06 pm

Black Magic wrote:

Um.. I remember reading he said Queiroz was his dad, this was after he lost his father.
    Torrente
    Torrente

Post by Torrente Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:11 pm

johan neeskens wrote:Is ASS AS taken seriously as a publication in Spain?

Only at times. Despite all the Cr@p they report they do have some good editorials from time to time. They also report jst about everything that happens with Real Madrid. You'll find few Madridistas who don't read AS, even if most of us take a lot of what they say with a pinch of salt. This is a case though where the story isn't made up. The interview with Ronaldo's mom did take place and it was also shown in Canal +. It was junk journalism to some extent, but the story certainly has no fiction in it.

You should check out Diario Sport though if you want to see how a newspaper can reach rock bottom. They have all the flaws AS has only that 10 times worse and they spend half the time talking about Real Madrid. 80% of their editorials are about the alleged imminent collapse of Real Madrid and about how inferior Madrid is. I often read it just to get a laugh. It makes me feel better knowing that there are so many retarded cules out there who actually take Sport seriously.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:12 pm

johan neeskens wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

Um.. I remember reading he said Queiroz was his dad, this was after he lost his father.

Thats not too bad. <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:13 pm

As are nearly as big a c**t as Real Madrid.

Not quite, but nearly....
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:16 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    johan neeskens wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

Thats not too bad. <Ale>

I don't think it was in a positive context.

@ Torrente

Did AS speak to any of Kaka's relatives when he was the flavour of the month?
    Torrente
    Torrente

Post by Torrente Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:20 pm

@johan neeskens

No. This is a new tactic. Very Happy I'm sure Calderon pissed his pants in joy as soon as he read that article. Expect him to launch a massive bid for CR in the summer.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:49 pm

Torrente wrote:@johan neeskens

No. This is a new tactic. Very Happy I'm sure Calderon pissed his pants in joy as soon as he read that article. Expect him to launch a massive bid for CR in the summer.

or to start dating cronaldo's mom?
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:52 pm

Would be an awful player for Madrid. They need players that arent at their top level yet, this looks like another Galatico thing. Wouldnt be good for Ronaldo either.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:02 pm

No. This is a new tactic. Very Happy .

Great tactic, get an old woman with cancer to say '' Before i die i'd like to see my son play for Real Madrid'' I bet Cristiano was pleased..... Neutral
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:37 pm

Fey wrote:Would be an awful player for Madrid. They need players that arent at their top level yet, this looks like another Galatico thing. Wouldnt be good for Ronaldo either.

Well, like Zidane, at least C. Ronaldo may (will?) at least be hungry for the CL Razz
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:22 pm

I like the fact she is wearing a U*d hat in the pic yet holds a picture of her son in a real shirt, she needs to get her priorities right. I dont care what she wants she should keep her mouth and her opinions $h!t.....although i do find all this highly amusing.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:58 am

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20080123/noticia_53426046725.html Whistle
    Torrente
    Torrente

Post by Torrente Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:04 am

L r d wrote:http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20080123/noticia_53426046725.html Whistle

Notice how they claim Ronaldo is very angry about it yet they don't have a single quote from him or anyone connected to him. Elmundodeportivo is also Barcelona's propaganda machine so I wouldn't expect any less.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Ronaldo is annoyed by what AS did. I don't think that would annoy him enough not to want to sign for us though. In the end, it was AS and not Real Madrid who pulled that with his mother.
    Sir Harry Flashman
    Sir Harry Flashman

Number of posts : 876
    Supports : Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo (The Red Wiz), Beckham (The Legend), King Cantona, Robson (Captain Marvel)
    Registration date : 2007-02-21

Post by Sir Harry Flashman Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:42 am

@ Torres/All Donkey/Calderone

1. Expect the nesy Spanish terrist attach to take place at AS head-quarters!
    2. Expect a bunch of Pakistani Islamists to have Calderone on the top of thier suicide hit list - that cheap son of a aid ridden whore! Grr
    3. This damn article and this nasty attempt is further disgusting prove that RM are STILL salivating over TRW!
    WTF his stupid fat mother is doing talking such trash is beyond me - i will personally speak to SAF to go and give her good slap! And if that not enough think he should give her a damn good rogering! That should shut the fat cow up!
    4. FCUK you all!!! The N18 does not rise to such wind ups!!! Grr
    110%

Post by 110% Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:33 am

Sir Harry Flashman wrote:

2. Expect a bunch of Pakistani Islamists to have Calderone on the top of thier suicide hit list - that cheap son of a aid ridden whore! Grr
    3. This damn article and this nasty attempt is further disgusting prove that RM are STILL salivating over TRW!
    WTF his stupid fat mother is doing talking such trash is beyond me - i will personally speak to SAF to go and give her good slap! And if that not enough think he should give her a damn good rogering! That should shut the fat cow up!

lol!

I would like to see your reaction if you did rise to it.

That's not very nice about your boyfriend's mother. Also you'd probably be arrested and thrown into a mental institute if you ever did try to speak to ferguson, although that conversatoin would be an amazing meeting of the minds Wink
    Torrente
    Torrente

Post by Torrente Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:17 am

Sir Harry Flashman wrote:

lol!
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:25 am

Ronaldo if he had sense would end his career at Barça. 2 of his heroes played for the in Diego Maradona & Figo. Why get Islamists?? get ETA. Is it true Oleguer received a biography of Franco for Xmas lol!
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:44 am

I read that Cristiano Ronaldo's idol growing up was Patrick Kluivert.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:49 am

Another ex-Barça player. Also he said he likes Henry a current Barça player. Why even think of going to Los Burros and drown when all your idols are connected with Barça.
    110%

Post by 110% Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:50 am

Cesc wrote:I read that Cristiano Ronaldo's idol growing up was Patrick Kluivert.

maybe that was his off-the-field lifestyle?
    EM Seleção e Selecção
    EM Seleção e Selecção

Number of posts : 2495
    Supports : Portugal Brasil Africa
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo Zidane Dinho Figo CR Robinho Neymar Hazard
    Registration date : 2007-11-22

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Cesc wrote:I read that Cristiano Ronaldo's idol growing up was Patrick Kluivert.
    No he was never his idol it was his nickname
    EM Seleção e Selecção
    EM Seleção e Selecção

Number of posts : 2495
    Supports : Portugal Brasil Africa
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo Zidane Dinho Figo CR Robinho Neymar Hazard
    Registration date : 2007-11-22

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:22 pm

johan neeskens wrote:Another ex-Barça player. Also he said he likes Henry a current Barça player. Why even think of going to Los Burros and drown when all your idols are connected with Barça.
    His mother is the key not his idols Cool Cool
    Torrente
    Torrente

Post by Torrente Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:06 pm

EMPortuguese wrote:
    johan neeskens wrote:Another ex-Barça player. Also he said he likes Henry a current Barça player. Why even think of going to Los Burros and drown when all your idols are connected with Barça.
    His mother is the key not his idols Cool Cool

Yes. And it's also worth noting that his more immediate idol who Ronaldo got to play with - Luis Figo - advised Ronaldo to sign for Madrid and not Barcelona. The man spent 5 years in both clubs and he's well aware about which club is the greatest one Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:59 am