Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+46
Rosy
Deano
Deluded F*ck™
ads_afc
Rosicky
Kroos
Zack
Glenarch of the Glen
golsud
Juligen
DeLux
Puro
Balls Grayson
Dwarf
COTR
The Pröfessör
Sir Les
lrdsucksgoats
Murray
gone
A & K
Tweesus
shazlx
Batman
Hlebagone
BoBo Vieri
S4P
The Easter Bunny
debaser
Isco Benny
Kimbo
Parks lives
Fey
christmasborocooper
Chocolate Thunder
Sheffield gunner
DS
fcb
SuperMario
Black Magic
Bashmachkin
Football Genius
Machiavel
Luis
Sgoater1
Cesc Soler
50 posters

Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread

Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread Empty Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread

Post by Cesc Soler Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:36 pm

Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread Barclays_premier_league

Saturday 23rd February

Birmingham City vs. Arsenal (12:45) Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread Ss1
    Liverpool vs. Middlesbrough (15:00)
    Portsmouth vs. Sunderland (15:00)
    Wigan Athletic vs. Derby County (15:00)
    Fulham vs. West Ham United (15:00)
    Newcastle United vs. Manchester United (17:15) Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread 24q66vl

Sunday 24th February

Reading vs. Aston Villa (12:30) Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread Ss1
    Blackburn Rovers vs. Bolton Wanderers (15:00)

Monday 25th February

Manchester City vs. Everton (20:00) Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread 24q66vl
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread Empty Re: Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread

Post by Sgoater1 Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:23 pm

Big game for us, will be very hard but we hav had good rest and wiill be confident after the U*d game. If we win then we are back in the race for 4th spot and have better fixtures thn all the other teams, with 3 of our last 11 games against top 10 teams and 2 of them athome. Still we have to win and Everton are a good team so it wont be easy.

COME'ON CITY!!!
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread Empty Re: Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread

Post by Luis Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:36 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:

COME'ON CITY!!!
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:05 pm

It's always these evening kickoffs for Manchester United, Here's to Mcleish Ale
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Football Genius Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:25 am

This weeks fixtures look deceptive, because there are some what you would call 'quite probable results' but after the European fixtures we all know teams can lack the energy and competitive edge required to make these fixtures probable victories, particuarly if some of those players from the english teams that have played in Europe are rested.

These IMO are always excellent opportunities for the teams playing the European clubs to pick up points, Arsenal for example will be in for a tough fixture being the first team to play and having not scored in two, Birmingham will fight to the bitter end, perhaps a draw is a real possibility?
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:48 am

It sounds like Oba isn't going to be fit in time for Saturday, which is a big shame - as I've said, I think his absence has only highlighted how vital he is to our team. Smith is a load of rubbish, Viduka is never fit and he doesn't look fit even when he supposedly is, Ameobi seems out of the picture. The truth is that, whilst I think Duff has been one of our better performers in recent matches, the injuries he and Owen have suffered have left them without much pace, Milner doesn't naturally have any pace, and so without Martins our front line is not anywhere near as lively or as threatening. It's also weaker physically - he is the only one of those four with a lot of strength.

Martins is the most likely to score goals in our team, he gives us an outlet and an extra dimension, he works space through his constant running, can get beyond a defence, and he is one of only two players we have who can create from nothing. The other, N'Zogbia, is back from suspension, and so that is more or less of a boost depending on where he plays.

With Geremi back too, in the hope he can revitalise his season after a good African nations, considering how diabolical our central midfield has been, I'd consider playing N'Zogbia and Geremi as our central midfield on Saturday. That is arguably asking for trouble against Man Utd - the other option (the only other option for me, since there is no way Barton or Butt deserve a game) would be to play Faye in the holding role, but then Cacapa is a liability at centre back.

Anyway, I am actually quite optimistic, though however naive I think I'd actually expect a win if Oba was making his return. As it is, I do think we can get something out of the game - perhaps, if pushed, I would go for a draw. I am confident and hopeful that we at least won't get hammered. We have a number of people back and presumably fit now, with two weeks on the training ground enabling Keegan to have a proper spell with the players.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743

Post by Football Genius Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:51 am

Without sounding disrespectful Bash, i think the result will be reflect what team Man Yoo put out as opposed to yourselves.

If Fergie puts out a strong team i.e mainly the first x11 i think you have no chance, if he rests some key players then i think there is an opportunity for you to stifle Man Yoo.

Keegan will love it none the less Ale
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:13 am

Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread Large_20070815_112456_Newcastle-United
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:45 am

Premier League 23rd-25th February Discussion Thread 0,,10412~395269,00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02exfOzdQOI (message to Arsenal)
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q-93jd5Eic (message to ManYoo fans)
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:57 am

Right back at you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0QvZRdc4BI

Good comeback to Wenger’s lame excuses last weekend Very Happy
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYDwDzLbPTw
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:18 am

Football Genius wrote:Without sounding disrespectful Bash, i think the result will be reflect what team Man Yoo put out as opposed to yourselves.

If Fergie puts out a strong team i.e mainly the first x11 i think you have no chance, if he rests some key players then i think there is an opportunity for you to stifle Man Yoo.

Keegan will love it none the less Ale

I don't know, I'm not entirely sure that we are able to stifle teams. Besides from it not being Keegan's style - and he said a particularly sensible thing a few weeks ago when he said that, especially against the top teams like Arsenal and Man Utd, if you just try and stifle them then nine times out of ten they will show their class at some point and the game will be over - we just lack quality defenders. It seems as though Rozehnal was keen to move in order to play regularly in one position, but it has left us weak at centre back. And then we have nobody who can do a job in the holding role in midfield. Butt and Barton are dreadful, lightweight, they cannot pass, they don't influence the team in a positive way. So really, for a game against Man Utd where it is tempting to play someone in the holding role, Faye is probably our best option. But that would leave Cacapa at centre back, and he is not a good player - his defensive instincts are good, but he's not an intelligent player, he is poor positionally and doesn't help the defence play as a unit, he can be bullied, he lacks pace over a distance.

Then we don't have a left back. We either play Carr there and suffer from his lack of positional sense, and from the fact that he only has a right foot; we play Enrique who is hit or miss; or we resort to N'Zogbia and leave our attack lifeless and lacking creativity.

For me, especially with Ronaldo probably not on the best of form, with players having better games against Arsenal last weekend than their alternates did against Lyon, it's not that important who Ferguson puts out. I don't think we are benefitted hugely if Ferguson plays Anderson and Fletcher, say, instead of Scholes and Hargreaves, or if Nani plays ahead of Giggs or even ahead of Ronaldo. I think the game will be more about how we play, the team we put out, how it gels, if we can show more of a spark up front, if two weeks worth of training has brought us together. I am hopeful that we can get something no matter who Man Utd play.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:08 pm

an 8 point gap on Saturday me thinks...
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Man U are 5 points behind wrote:an 8 point gap on Saturday me thinks...

Arsenal always struggle after European games, and Newcastle are Newcastle. Can see a 3 point gap tbh, not 8.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:28 pm

Not an easy game for any strecth of imagination, KK will be more then ever be looking to dent our title run , his team will be fired up for sure.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:36 pm

Dark Savante wrote:Not an easy game for any strecth of imagination, KK will be more then ever be looking to dent our title run , his team will be fired up for sure.

I know he'd love it if they beat you, but with Newcastle's continuing injury and lack-of-form problems for their individual players, even a slightly weaker MU team should be able to win.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:38 pm

Rumours are that Adebayor and Hleb are struggling a bit for fitness, so bearing in mind they could be out (on top of all the other players missing) I would be delighted if we maintain the current five point gap. I think that, or the gap narrowing to 3 points, are the most likely outcomes. We've had a bit of trouble dealing with some of the weaker sides in the league as well this season, as shown by our result against Birmingham back in January.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:26 pm

We should beat Boro really, I hope Rafa plays the same side that started against Inter and keep up the momentum, Everton could well slip up at City so we need to capitalise. Kuyt to score in 3 consecutive games.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:52 pm

Also, Carragher is suspended so Agger may return but most likely it will be Hyypia and Skrtel
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:07 pm

I expect a few changes.

---------------------Reina

Arebeloa-----Skrtel----Hypia-----Aurelio

Pennant----Gerrard----Alonso---Kewell(?)

------------------Kuyt-----Torres
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:09 pm

I reckon 0-0 or we win 3-0.

You've no chance Ale
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Kuyt>>>Alves!

Heerenveen is even better without him and so is the Brazilian national team. I think you wasted those 20 Mil Boro!
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Will that be as accurate as your "Alves will never sign for a club like Boro" prediction?

We'll see.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:21 pm

Well he had no other choices anymore, besides his owners sold him to you. I'm sure he is regretting it right now!
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:25 pm

He had no desire to play for anyone but Boro Razz Show me a Brazilian who doesnt want to play for us deep down in his heart..and i'll show you a dirty smelly lying c**t who isnt really Brazilian ok
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:05 pm

Is there supposed to be some ceremony at St James tomorrow for Bobby Robson's 75th birthday Kimbol?
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:07 pm

Wenger has said that he expects both Hleb and Adebayor to be fit for tomorrow. As we all know Eboue is suspended, so Walcott will probably come in on the right.

The team should pick itself really, aside from choosing between Lehmann and Almunia.

Birmingham got a point at the Emirates, they could easily hurt us again.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:14 pm

Parks lives wrote:Is there supposed to be some ceremony at St James tomorrow for Bobby Robson's 75th birthday Kimbol?

Not really. He'll be on the pitch before the game, that's it. There will be fireworks afterwards but that will be to celebrate Jenas' 25th. ok
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:24 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:Is there supposed to be some ceremony at St James tomorrow for Bobby Robson's 75th birthday Kimbol?

Not really. He'll be on the pitch before the game, that's it. There will be fireworks afterwards but that will be to celebrate Jenas' 25th. ok

scratch

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:13 pm