Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
SuperMario
blutgraetsche
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Glenarch of the Glen
Tweesus
Yef
Roger Hunt
DS
fcb
Axeslammer
Murray
The Bulk
Jaime
Oleguerisntthatbad
The-Frank-Tavern
19 posters

How much longer before a Euro Super League?

Poll

A Euro Super League If and when?

[ 0 ]
    How much longer before a Euro Super League? - Page 2 Bar_left0%How much longer before a Euro Super League? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 6 ]
    How much longer before a Euro Super League? - Page 2 Bar_left43%How much longer before a Euro Super League? - Page 2 Bar_right [43%] 
    [ 8 ]
    How much longer before a Euro Super League? - Page 2 Bar_left57%How much longer before a Euro Super League? - Page 2 Bar_right [57%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

How much longer before a Euro Super League? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much longer before a Euro Super League?

Post by Black Magic Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:44 pm

Lets have it guys, which 24 (I assume it would be around that number) clubs in Europe would make the Super league?

Last edited by BM™ on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

How much longer before a Euro Super League? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much longer before a Euro Super League?

Post by Roger Hunt Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:49 pm

The first 24 clubs in the UEFA rankings...
    The Bulk
    The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by The Bulk Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:15 pm

Of course, it is in Berlusconi's interest to see a European superleague come to fruition.

After all, he owns a media empire that will profit from its conception.

Roger

I don't think it will happen like that. Those profiting from the superleague will want include clubs with the greatest profit-generating potential.

Accordingly, we'd see clubs like Celtic and Rangers in the premier division of a European superleague.

Cheers

ps I read a post from a reliable Celtic fan that mentioned clubs wanting to breakaway from FIFA owing to the rife corruption that manifests itself within that organisation. I will try to find it and post it here.
    The Bulk
    The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by The Bulk Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:36 pm

Here's the post. I doubt it will happen, but here it is anyway...

I hear there are plans afoot for an entire realignment in football.

UEFA are planning to break away from FIFA and invite Brazil and Argentina into the European Championships. There are many reasons for this, but corruption in FIFA is one of them.

If there is such a radical shake up of football, I expect those within UEFA would not be afraid of something as comparatively straightforward as a European League.

Could all be baloney

Cheers
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:06 pm

The Quiet Earth wrote:Here's the post. I doubt it will happen, but here it is anyway...

I hear there are plans afoot for an entire realignment in football.

UEFA are planning to break away from FIFA and invite Brazil and Argentina into the European Championships. There are many reasons for this, but corruption in FIFA is one of them.

If there is such a radical shake up of football, I expect those within UEFA would not be afraid of something as comparatively straightforward as a European League.

Could all be baloney

Cheers

Stopping coruption by inviting countries like Brazil and argentina Laughing

Anyway, I doubt UEFA is less worse then the FIFA
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:50 pm

kas wrote:But I think Blatter has mentioned before that UEFA at least (not sure about FIFA) has special dispensation from the EU regarding certain laws, since it's a sport and has some different circumstances to normal everyday situations.

Didn't the Greek FA fall foul of EU law and eventually have to redrat its laws to comply with EU law?
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:58 pm

UEFA is unlikely to break away from FIFA while Blatter runs FIFA and Platini UEFA. After all Platini was Blatter's protege to punish Johanssen for daring to stand against Blatter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:56 pm