Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
christmasborocooper
A & K
Tweesus
lrdsucksgoats
DeLux
Calidad
S4P
Glenarch of the Glen
Rasiak-9
Axeslammer
Pierre Littbarski
Since 1888
Football Genius
Sgoater1
Chocolate Thunder
Romford Pele
Luis
DS
Dwarf
Parks lives
Deano
Black Magic
Kimbo
Batman
28 posters

F365: Ten Youngsters To Watch Next Season

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

F365: Ten Youngsters To Watch Next Season Empty F365: Ten Youngsters To Watch Next Season

Post by Batman Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:37 pm

With a quiet transfer market and the prospect of a seven-strong bench, next season could well be the campaign for the youngsters. We pick out ten whipper-snappers that could make an impact...

Jack Wilshere, 16, Arsenal
    Everyone gets terrifically excited when an Englishman with a left-foot shows up (see Downing, Stewart), but early reports suggest this lad could be the real thing. A winger who can play up front, Wilshere may be legally unable to buy cigarettes (you have to be 18 now apparently. No, us neither) but he's been impressing all and sundry with his goalscoring exploits in the reserves, and bagged a good few for Arsenal in pre-season. It may sound insignificant, but his elevation from squad number 55 to 19 this week shows Wilshere will be competing with the likes of Carlos Vela for a spot in the Gunners' first team, if only perhaps for the Carling Cup jollies.

Lukas Fabianski, 23, Arsenal
    Purchased last summer, Fabianski was restricted to a handful of appearances last term, and although he was the man between the sticks in the humiliating 5-1 spanking at the hands of Spurs, the Pole showed some promise. More significantly, Fabianski's showing in the friendly against Juventus at the weekend prompted Arsene Wenger to tell the gents of the press that he was the reason Jens Lehmann has not been directly replaced.

Rafael da Silva, 18, Manchester United

Signed along with brother and fellow full-back Fabio, Rafael da Silva seemed to make an impression on Alex Ferguson in Monday night's pre-season game against Peterbrough, playing the whole 90 minutes and earning the following words of praise from old Purple Nose: "The young players were fantastic and young Rafael the right-back was a sensation for me." And with Gary Neville not too far away from retirement, things are looking up for the young Brazilian.

David Ngog, 19, Liverpool
    While his goalscoring record (one in 19 games for PSG) might not be too impressive, Ngog showed some promise in netting one of Liverpool's four against Rangers at the weekend. The Frenchman is tall and powerful, making him perhaps a more obvious candidate to fill in for Fernando Torres, should Rafa Benitez go for the lone striker, especially with Andriy Voronin being both a bit rubbish and on the way out.

Jack Rodwell, 17, Everton
    England Under-16 captain Rodwell has already made a couple of appearances for Everton, and the club made quite a fanfare of him signing a professional contract in March. What really bodes well for his prospects this season is both his versatility (he can play at the back and in midfield) and Everton's chronic lack of depth, something David Moyes is getting increasingly worked up about. A mention too for Jose Baxter, a 16-year-old striker causing murmurs after a terrific strike against Forest in pre-season.

James Tomkins, 19, West Ham
    A tall centre-half, more than comfortable on the ball, Tomkins already has half-a-dozen first team appearances under his belt at Upton Park. Should he kick on this season, Tomkins could establish himself in Alan Curbishley's starting XI given - Matt Upson aside - the distinctly average nature of his competition.

Freddie Sears, 18, West Ham
    By the time Sears made his goal-scoring debut for the first team last season, the young striker had already bagged 25 in 24 for West Ham's reserves. While his prominence at the back end of last season had a lot to do with the injury crisis at Upton Park, Sears will be confident of getting a few more games given only the brittle Dean Ashton and Craig Bellamy, and the rubbish Carlton Cole, stand in his way.

Chris Gunter, 19, Spurs
    Gunter was one of four defenders signed by Juande Ramos in January, and after the sale of Pascal Chimbonda the Welsh full-back has moved a step up in the White Hart Lane pecking order. Given that Spurs are likely to be competing reasonably fiercely on four fronts in the coming campaign, Gunter's ability to play on both the right and left could mean he gets a good few matches.

Jamie O'Hara, 21, Spurs

He's not a new name, having made 17 appearances last season, but O'Hara could play a crucial role for Spurs in the coming months. Their summer purchases have heavily favoured the more skilful, attacking side of the Spurs team, so O'Hara's energy and tough-tackling might prove a useful foil for the likes of Modric, Bentley and Dos Santos.

Ched Evans, 19, Manchester City
    Mark Hughes is apparently in the market for another striker before the season starts, but should young Welshman Evans continue the sort of form he showed while on loan at Norwich last season, Hughes may be able to put the chequebook away. Evans scored ten goals for City, but perhaps more impressive was the quality of the strikes - nearly all of them pearlers. Evans was rewarded with a new three-year contract in July, not something that a manager like Hughes hands out to chumps.

Nick Miller

Who is the one player from you club, not already mentioned above, that we should watch out for next season?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

F365: Ten Youngsters To Watch Next Season Empty Re: F365: Ten Youngsters To Watch Next Season

Post by Kimbo Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Oooh, Fabianski, i'll keep my eye on him! Rolling Eyes Most of these kids will barely play.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

F365: Ten Youngsters To Watch Next Season Empty Re: F365: Ten Youngsters To Watch Next Season

Post by Black Magic Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:43 pm

Fabregas. Ale
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:44 pm

Zavon Hines...been fantastic in the friendlies.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:45 pm

What was so special about Fabianski last season or even in the game against Juve?! He's 23 as well now.

& picking N'Gog because he scored a goal in a friendly.

Bullsh*t. Erm
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:49 pm

Dreadful list Erm

Will be interesting to watch how Anderson develops this season, hopefully he'll manage to pass the half way line more than once a match.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:10 pm

Rafael had one game and he is one to watch next season , he will get Carling cup games and probably odd game here and there and nothing else.
    Somebody forgot Wes.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:01 pm

Spearing possibly? Especially if there's an injury to Arbeloa and Finnan goes (he couls still do so) I think he's done pretty well in pre-season. Would like to see more of Nemeth but he'll have a tough task getting in the side this season.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:03 pm

Luis wrote:Spearing possibly? Especially if there's an injury to Arbeloa and Finnan goes (he couls still do so) I think he's done pretty well in pre-season. Would like to see more of Nemeth but he'll have a tough task getting in the side this season.

You've already got a low opinion of Degen then Laugh
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:04 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:
    Luis wrote:Spearing possibly? Especially if there's an injury to Arbeloa and Finnan goes (he couls still do so) I think he's done pretty well in pre-season. Would like to see more of Nemeth but he'll have a tough task getting in the side this season.

You've already got a low opinion of Degen then Laugh

Degen seems a bit injury prone himself TBH, I would expect him to feature when ever Arbeloa is unavailable but if Spearing impresses in the cups then he could make the team IMO.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:22 pm

I think Plessis has a better chance of making the team than Spearing. Thats not to say Plessis is better than Spearing though.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Ade wrote:I think Plessis has a better chance of making the team than Spearing. Thats not to say Plessis is better than Spearing though.

But if you get Barry you'll be well stocked in the CM area no? confused
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:42 pm

Thats why I hope we don't sign Barry Wink
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes

Post by Dwarf Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:52 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:
    Ade wrote:I think Plessis has a better chance of making the team than Spearing. Thats not to say Plessis is better than Spearing though.

But if you get Barry you'll be well stocked in the CM area no? confused

If Barry comes in then Alonso will go, so nope, and while in some remote corner of the earth there are some people that would like to trade Alonso for Barry I can't believe that any fan would even want him to be brought in to add depth.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:05 pm

Well except Evans...Danny Sturridge is a class player and has a massive future ahead of him. Also Ben Mee looks good but i expect him to be sent out on loan. We also have a young winger called Weiss who if given a chance could make a massive impact, he has lots of skill and pace and causes defences lots of problems.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743

Post by Football Genius Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:Well except Evans...Danny Sturridge is a class player and has a massive future ahead of him. Also Ben Mee looks good but i expect him to be sent out on loan. We also have a young winger called Weiss who if given a chance could make a massive impact, he has lots of skill and pace and causes defences lots of problems.

I was impressed with Weiss, can't remember the game, possibly an international - or a cup game.

Looked like he had bags of attributes, and not a bad head on his shoulders - if he can develop that side of his game, he could be quite dangerous - has a little bit of Gascoigne in him i thought when i saw him..
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:12 pm

Football Genius wrote:
    Sgoater1 wrote:Well except Evans...Danny Sturridge is a class player and has a massive future ahead of him. Also Ben Mee looks good but i expect him to be sent out on loan. We also have a young winger called Weiss who if given a chance could make a massive impact, he has lots of skill and pace and causes defences lots of problems.

I was impressed with Weiss, can't remember the game, possibly an international - or a cup game.

Looked like he had bags of attributes, and not a bad head on his shoulders - if he can develop that side of his game, he could be quite dangerous - has a little bit of Gascoigne in him i thought when i saw him..

He was outstanding in the U18s last season and really shone against Chelsea in the final. He started in the friendly last sat against Stockport and i think he is a very exciting prospect.
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover

Post by Since 1888 Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:02 pm

Marvellous Marvin peeps. That will be the buy of the season.

Or atleast I really hope so.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:18 pm

F365: Ten Youngsters To Watch Next Season Valeri_bojinov_alisia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t95eoZao2k *

* try not to cum in your pants when you see the pass v Roma at 1:13 (Ledesma?)
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:45 pm

Miralem Sulejmani will become "king of the assist" at Ajax Ale
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Number of posts : 2605
    Supports : Southampton
    Registration date : 2007-01-17

Post by Rasiak-9 Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:43 pm

Morgan Schneiderlin is going to spearhead the Saints return to the top flight and take the championship by storm.

Even the Southampton Echo said something like "quite how and why a player of Schneiderlin's quality has wound up at Southampton is a lucky mystery that all Saints fans will be very grateful for.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:57 pm

Schneiderlin sounds German, I think it might be someone who harvests linseed. He's French though so it probably means born stupid.

Never seen him play but Arsenal wanted him so he must be awesome Ale
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:58 pm

Coffee
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:03 am

Pierre Littbarski wrote:F365: Ten Youngsters To Watch Next Season Valeri_bojinov_alisia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t95eoZao2k *

* try not to cum in your pants when you see the pass v Roma at 1:13 (Ledesma?)

Great shot, only 22 and has a great future ahead of him im sure. His goal on 2.13 is awsome.

I guess Jo is a lad everyone will also have to look out for, im very excited about Jo and Boj playing together, it could be a very exciting partnership.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:08 am

Bojinov, Johnson, Richards, Jo, Corluka, Hart, Evans, Sturidge, Onuoha and Fernandes.....there's 10 youngster to look out for next season.

Etuhu, Mee, Caicedo, Weiss and Logan are also names to look out for.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC

Post by Calidad Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:13 am

I think Fernandes looks an ordinary player. Very awkward looking and lacks composure. I thought he looked like one of the worst players in the Swiss side this Euros.

Johnson I have been impressed with. Likewise Coruluka, Hart & Sturridge.
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:15 am

Calidad wrote:I think Fernandes looks an ordinary player. Very awkward looking and lacks composure. I thought he looked like one of the worst players in the Swiss side this Euros.

+1

Another one to add to the list of the new Makeleles.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:27 am

Olé wrote:
    Calidad wrote:I think Fernandes looks an ordinary player. Very awkward looking and lacks composure. I thought he looked like one of the worst players in the Swiss side this Euros.

+1

Another one to add to the list of the new Makeleles.

Fernandes was great in the second half of last season and was one of our best players. He has a lot of potential, last season was his first in the EPL and for a 19 year old coming into a new league i think he did very well.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:30 am

Rasiak-9 wrote:Morgan Schneiderlin is going to spearhead the Saints return to the top flight and take the championship by storm.

Even the Southampton Echo said something like "quite how and why a player of Schneiderlin's quality has wound up at Southampton is a lucky mystery that all Saints fans will be very grateful for.

I've gotta say, I agree. Extensive research, primarily on Football Manager, leads me to believe he's a step up from any of our current players in at least two positions.

I can see why he might have picked Saints over Arsenal, but there must have been other clubs in for him too.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:39 am

Robocop wrote:
    Rasiak-9 wrote:Morgan Schneiderlin is going to spearhead the Saints return to the top flight and take the championship by storm.

I've gotta say, I agree. Extensive research, primarily on Football Manager, leads me to believe he's a step up from any of our current players in at least two positions.

you think he's beter than Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez?

What's he doing in the Championship?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:42 am