Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
forza_rossi
golsud
Zack
Hem fet un mal partit
theflyingfrenchman
debaser
Batman
Axeslammer
Pierre Littbarski
Black Magic
fcb
S4P
Z
COTR
Super Progress
johnny_bravo
Rosicky
TM
Chocolate Thunder
shazlx
robert
Parks lives
GR
Kimbo
Khadrim
Sheffield gunner
Ricardo Jol
Cesc Soler
Calidad
Deluded F*ck™
Deano
L.r.d
Dwarf
Di Caniooooo!
stinger
Luis
40 posters

Premier League Discussion 4th/5th October

Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Premier League Discussion 4th/5th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League Discussion 4th/5th October

Post by Calidad Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:08 pm

Blackburn are like a pub side in possession. Just give the ball away time after time. Rooney should have scored after Blackburn give the ball way outside their box (again)
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Premier League Discussion 4th/5th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League Discussion 4th/5th October

Post by TM Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:09 pm

Parks lives wrote:He's not even playing Man Target. It's their back up keeper Jason Brown.

I shouldn't have assumed, my apologises Phil ok
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:10 pm

TM wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:He's not even playing Man Target. It's their back up keeper Jason Brown.

Couldn't see the big black man in green?
    johnny_bravo
    johnny_bravo

Number of posts : 108
    Supports : Hendon FC
    Favourite Player : Luis Enrique
    Registration date : 2008-03-24

Post by johnny_bravo Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:10 pm

Khadrim wrote:http://static.mogulus.com/grid/PlayerV2.swf?channel=HaitiPal

Try this

thanks for that ok
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:13 pm

robert wrote:
    TM wrote:

Couldn't see the big black man in green?

Watching the Lazio ok
    robert
    robert

Post by robert Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:14 pm

Excuses excuses, call yourself a dentist to be eh?
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:16 pm

Calidad wrote:Blackburn are like a pub side in possession. Just give the ball away time after time. Rooney should have scored after Blackburn give the ball way outside their box (again)
    Its really bad so far. one thing is that they started the game defending like hell and they are the home side. Man utd havent been playing that well and they are just watching them. when ever they do get the ball they make a couple of passes and give to the keeper who hoofs it one made Santa cruz.
    Khadrim
    Khadrim

Number of posts : 1719
    Supports : Fulham soft spot for Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan
    Favourite Player : Paintsil, Barry, Iniesta, Ozil
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by Khadrim Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:21 pm

I thought Blackburn were the better team in first 15 mins then Man U took over.

That goal was a foul. If that is not interference what is?
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:25 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    Calidad wrote:Blackburn are like a pub side in possession. Just give the ball away time after time. Rooney should have scored after Blackburn give the ball way outside their box (again)
    Its really bad so far. one thing is that they started the game defending like hell and they are the home side. Man utd havent been playing that well and they are just watching them. when ever they do get the ball they make a couple of passes and give to the keeper who hoofs it one made Santa cruz.

ok

Now all I know why I generally don't watch Prem games outwith the top four.

Blackburn can't hold on to the ball. They either make a few simple passes outside their box then give it straight to a Utd player, or they just try to hoof it to Santa Cruz with ball invariably going straight to the keeper.
    And like you say, they just watch Man Utd pass it front of them, no pressure at all, apart from the first 5-10 minutes.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:28 pm

I really enjoyed your footie Arsenal this week!

If you compare it with terrible Liverpool against PSV where they just sat back and waited for the poor PSV to make mistakes you went on the attack to play the beautiful game.... ok

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

You guys are the saviours of English football...! ok

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

You've outdone yourself this time Ricky
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Calidad wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:

ok

Blackburn can't hold on to the ball. They either make a few simple passes outside their box then give it straight to a Utd player, or they just try to hoof it to Santa Cruz with ball invariably going straight to the keeper.
    And like you say, they just watch Man Utd pass it front of them, no pressure at all, apart from the first 5-10 minutes.
    That is one thing i dont like about english football. the teams are too scared to attack. one of the times they really tried to play some combos they almost outplayed Man utds defence except for a bad first touch by one of their players. hopefully they push forward in the second half and perhaps give Santa cruz another striker because it is just not working.
    Z
    Z

Number of posts : 1414
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Fowler, Batistuta, Ronaldo, Totti, Torres
    Registration date : 2007-05-13

Post by Z Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:34 pm

Since Fergie seems to have made up with Ince, is that another ex-college gifting him 6 points every season? Ale
    robert
    robert

Post by robert Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:36 pm

Yup, pretty much. Much the same way Hughes does.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:37 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    Calidad wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:

ok

That is one thing i dont like about english football. the teams are too scared to attack. one of the times they really tried to play some combos they almost outplayed Man utds defence except for a bad first touch by one of their players. hopefully they push forward in the second half and perhaps give Santa cruz another striker because it is just not working.

Tottenham generally give it a go, and maybe Villa and West Ham on occasion, but a lot seem to be very defensive and against trying to play a bit of decent football on the ground.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:38 pm

Cry Ronaldo. Sad Crying or Very sad
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:40 pm

Calidad wrote:

Tottenham generally give it a go, and maybe Villa and West Ham on occasion, but a lot seem to be very defensive and against trying to play a bit of decent football on the ground.

Man city, boro, wigan, Newcastle (under keegan), Fulham also try to play football
    Khadrim
    Khadrim

Number of posts : 1719
    Supports : Fulham soft spot for Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan
    Favourite Player : Paintsil, Barry, Iniesta, Ozil
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by Khadrim Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:46 pm

Blackburn lost 4-0 trying to play expansive football. If anything Blackburn aren't as aggressive in the tackle under Ince and it doesn't suit them
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:48 pm

1812: Has Cristiano Ronaldo turned into Robinho? A few step-overs and that's about it, he doesn't get past his man and doesn't get a cross in. To be fair to him, he's not 100% fit I suppose.

-----------------------------

Not sure why they're saying he's "turned into Robinho". That's not too dissimilar to how he started his Manchester United career.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:49 pm

Khadrim wrote:Blackburn lost 4-0 trying to play expansive football. If anything Blackburn aren't as aggressive in the tackle under Ince and it doesn't suit them
    They aren't aggressive today (for whatever reason), but didn't you watch their game against Fulham? And they were like vs Fulham in most of their games under Ince...
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:50 pm

I actually think Blackburn are doing a good job of winning the 50-50 balls in midfield by showing much more commitment. Fletcher has been decent but nothing great, and Anderson has rarely ventured beyond the halfway line. But like Calidad is pointing out, there is little in terms of building attacking moves or keeping the ball.

Goal wasn't a foul, Vidic had his eyes on the ball and spread his elbows to try and go up for the header. Unfortunate on the keeper, yes. Foul, no. Would be a harsh decision against Man. Utd. if it was given.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:52 pm

Calidad wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:
    Calidad wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:

ok

Dont know about Villa and Westham. Villa has some good players but they are mostly effective on the counter attack and Westham mostly played good football the season they were promoted.

Dont get why Ince took out Cruz. its not like he got any service. it would be more wise to have put another striker next to him.i will give this game another 5 mins and then switch to the lazio game. this is too boring.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:54 pm

Rooney scores from a Ronaldo assist.

Last edited by Sheffield gunner on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:54 pm

Cruz had an injury I think. They said it was a forced substitution. Good for my FF team anyway. Cruz plays 45 minutes, and Villanueva probably won't even feature (I hope he doesn't now tbh)
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:55 pm

Here's the first goal. The replay from about 33 seconds shows best why Blackburn thought it should be disallowed.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1628873/

I'm being an idiot. Forgot to put the link in.

Last edited by Sheffield gunner on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:55 pm

Rooney's on one of those runs. Very Happy

Great play by Ronaldo. ok
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:55 pm

2-0 !
    Rooney gets the goal after a good run from Ronaldo who beat his man and serves it up perfect for Rooney who makes a quality finish.
    Blackburn have only themselves to thank because they have little if anything in this game.
    robert
    robert

Post by robert Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:55 pm

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEY

It's amazing how in a stinker of a game Ronaldo still grabs an assist.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:56 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Rooney scores from a Rooney assist.

I know he's an excellent player, not sure he's that good though. Razz
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:57 pm

robert wrote:ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEY

It's amazing how in a stinker of a game Ronaldo still grabs an assist.

Same for van Persie Razz
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:57 pm

Parks lives wrote:
    Sheffield gunner wrote:Rooney scores from a Rooney assist.

I know he's an excellent player, not sure he's that good though. Razz

Embarassed

Razz

Wishful thinking, I don't want Ronaldo getting assist points in the FF competition!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:41 am