Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Jaime
TheCrazy58
Axeslammer
Chocolate Thunder
Hem fet un..
DeLux
Romford Pele
Pierre Littbarski
christmasborocooper
Super Progress
Cesc Soler
chrissicross
Effenberg
fcb
A & K
Glenarch of the Glen
TM
bluenine
BoBo Vieri 32
DS
Pras_tama
ronnies teeth
Kimbo
Sgoater1
stinger
Murray
EMP
The Easter Bunny
Dejan Savićević
lampiao007
Parks lives
Tweesus
36 posters

Winter Transfer Rumours

Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Winter Transfer Rumours - Page 5 Empty Re: Winter Transfer Rumours

Post by Bashmachkin Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:35 pm

The BBC gossip column is linking us with a £15 million bid for Sergio Floccari, of Atlanta. It is just a rumour, from a source I'm not at all familiar with - I do not doubt that there is nothing to it, not least because we won't be paying £15 million for anyone, or for any combination of people, unless we raise a lot of money through sales first. But does a £15 million bid for Sergio Floccari make any sense besides this? Is he any good at all? I don't know anything about him, but that he is 27, and his goalscoring record looks poor.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:53 pm

He is doing pretty well this season, but he could well be just another one season wonder. Roma are linked to him aswell and Atalanta have valued him at £10million.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:36 pm

kas wrote:Lyon want Oliveira from Zaragoza as a replacement for Fred, who is talking to Palmeiras and Fluminense about a move.

But Marca says Fred is close to joining Atletico.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Also been linked...but could just be rubbish. Lyon want Faubert though...so we could hold all the cards...
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:36 pm

Edmilson to Palmeiras, confirmed.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:43 pm

kas wrote:Edmilson to Palmeiras, confirmed.

Forgot he was even with Villarreal.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Jaime wrote:
    kas wrote:Edmilson to Palmeiras, confirmed.

Forgot he was even with Villarreal.

Said it was an odd buy at the time, and it seems that was the case.

I wouldn't be suprised if Pellegrini they go in for Banega.
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:12 am

Super Madrid wrote:
    BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:Interesting what he says about Samuel. Perhaps he is in line for a recall?
    He could be the leader in defence they haven't had since Ayala retired. but then again with the way Argentina play currently it would be better for quicker Cbs. however if they were to revert to the 3-5-2 then he would do fine.

Fixed it for you.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Real Betis have set their sights on Ricardo Oliveira and Victor Obinna, as they seek attacking re-inforcements to cover for the expected sale of Mariano Pavone.

According to ABC Sevilla, Real Betis are planning a major overhaul of their attacking options. Should their plans come to fruition, Oliveira and Obinna will join the club, while Pavone will be sold.

Negotiations for Oliveira are still continuing, although both clubs are still said to be far away from an agreement. Betis are offering €7 million plus incentives, and Manuel Ruiz de Lopera has said that while they would love to sign the Brazilian, they are not prepared to break the bank. Interestingly, Zaragoza coach Marcelino has included him in the squad for the match against Rayo Vallecano.

The bid to sign Obinna, however, is in a healthier state. There is an agreement in principle between Betis and Inter, with a view to negotiate a loan deal until the end of the season, with an option to buy for €6 million. Betis would also pay a signing on fee of €600,000. There are still a few details to sort out, especially the length of the proposed contract should Obinna sign on at the end of the season. In addition, Jose Mourinho is said to be as yet undecided about the move.

If these two transfers go ahead, Betis will sell Pavone to Independiente, using some of the transfer fee to help pay for the Oliveira transfer.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Napoli To Make An Offer For Reggina's Barreto

The Partenopei are trying to tie up some loose ends before the close of the transfer window, with Paraguayan Edgar Barreto on their shopping list.

Napoli are in negotiations for Reggina's 24-year-old midfielder Edgar Barreto, according to Turin based daily newspaper Tuttosport.

The club from Calabria would like to renew the player's contract, but if a decent offer were to be tabled by the Azzurri of Naples, the Amaranto may consider it.

It is thought that an offer of around €4 million plus Samuele Dalla Bona would be enough to secure Barreto's contract and see the switch completed.

Two weeks ago La Nazione reported that Reggina were ready to offer Barreto to Fiorentina in a swap deal that would see Papa Waigo move to the south of Italy.

Nothing came of that deal and now Napoli are keen to snap him up as soon as possible.

Peter Pedroncelli, Goal.com

@ Axe - you're a fan too aren't you ?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Bashmachkin wrote:The BBC gossip column is linking us with a £15 million bid for Sergio Floccari, of Atlanta. It is just a rumour, from a source I'm not at all familiar with - I do not doubt that there is nothing to it, not least because we won't be paying £15 million for anyone, or for any combination of people, unless we raise a lot of money through sales first. But does a £15 million bid for Sergio Floccari make any sense besides this? Is he any good at all? I don't know anything about him, but that he is 27, and his goalscoring record looks poor.

He could be a late bloomer like Toni, at least his play this season suggests that.... he is having a great season, showing perfect qualities of a modern centre forward. Can hold the ball upfront and bring attacking midfielders into play, he is comfortable alone upfront, can run into defenders on his own, decent ball control, powerful and very good in controlling long balls.

I hear that Villareal have tabled a £18M offer for him - sounds a bit too high for someone who has only proved himself over the last 6 months.

But unlike my skeptism in the past over 1-2 season wonders getting big deals like Bianchi, Gilardino, Borriello, etc, I believe Floccari is a real deal. He is kind of a mix between a Iaquinta and a Amauri, true he will not score too many goals, but he will add a lot to a teams attack. A more skillful Heskey, if you like.

I wouldn't mind seeing him at Inter at all, I rate him that high.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Villarreal don't have 18m to spend on one player...that's definitely a rumour.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:31 pm

If true, this would be one of the wierdest deals around... surely Matrix at this age is valued no where near Modric. On the other hand, I just can't see Modric fitting into this physical Inter side at all. I think Quaresma and Mancini have a better chance of success at Inter than Modric.

So for both these clubs sake, I hope this rumour is just a rumour.

Modric for Matrix at Inter? Wednesday 28 January, 2009
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter are tracking Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric and are considering an exchange deal including Marco Materazzi.

Spurs were linked with Materazzi a few weeks ago after manager Harry Redknapp watched Inter play Genoa in the Coppa Italia at San Siro.

And reports in the Daily Mirror suggest that Jose Mourinho will be happy to part with the Matrix as long as Croatian international Modric moves the other way.

Materazzi is under contract with the Beneamata until 2010 but has played a minor role this term.

The former Everton defender has stated his desire to remain at Inter for the rest of his career, but he has experience of English football and may enjoy the chance to play first-team football.

Modric hasn't made the expected impact at White Hart Lane and could give up on his Premier League adventure.

However, Juventus are also said to be in the hunt for the 23-year-old as they look for the next Pavel Nedved.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Skysports.com can reveal that midfielder Sunny is in negotiations with Portsmouth and is set to join the South Coast club on loan.

Osasuna confirmed earlier this week that the 20-year-old had been granted permission to travel to England and negotiate a possible move to an unnamed side.

Sunny signed a season-long loan agreement with Osasuna in the summer and is set to return to Valencia at the end of the campaign.

However, Osasuna are willing to let Sunny discuss a potential switch to the Premier League for the rest of the season.

Pompey are looking to strengthen their squad before the close of the transfer window and are interested in bringing in Sunny.

The Spain Under 20 international is having a medical with Portsmouth and is understood to be close to agreeing a move.

Sunny is discussing a loan deal until the end of the current campaign with a view to a permanent transfer.

Good move for the kid, he really impressed me at the u-20's a few years back

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_4862416,00.html
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Why Valencia are not using him and Banega, Baraja and Albelda are old and can no longer last a full season playing every game, is not it wise for these guys to learn from them.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:

Napoli are in negotiations for Reggina's 24-year-old midfielder Edgar Barreto, according to Turin based daily newspaper Tuttosport.

It is thought that an offer of around €4 million plus Samuele Dalla Bona would be enough to secure Barreto's contract and see the switch completed.

@ Axe - you're a fan too aren't you ?

Fan is a big word, but I thought he was an excellent player the four years he played for NEC Ale

I've looked him up now : he's younger than I thought...

...I don't see any footage of Serie A, so I have no idea how he developed in Italy (seeing Napoli's offer I have a suspicion though Wink).
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:49 pm

@DS

Well, they have a lot of central midfield players on their books: Manuel Fernandes, Albelda, Baraja, Edu, and even Maduro. I really like Sunny, I think he could be a really good player in the future. But I think it's good for him to go where he can play. If Valencia are smart they will just make it a loan and not an outright sale.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Manuel Fernandes is good, Edu not anymore, Maduro is a poor player.
    Banega and Sunny can learn from Albelda and Baraja and play alot of games, these two are getting old, or keep atleast one and send other on loan, why loan out two of your potentials and keep Edu and Maduro.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:09 pm

DS wrote:Manuel Fernandes is good, Edu not anymore, Maduro is a poor player.
    Banega and Sunny can learn from Albelda and Baraja and play alot of games, these two are getting old, or keep atleast one and send other on loan, why loan out two of your potentials and keep Edu and Maduro.

This is a fair question. I think Edu is on fairly big wages so it may not be easy to find a team that will take him. I'm not impressed with Maduro either but he can play in a few different positions so maybe they like his versatility.

People are in love with Banega for some reason but for whatever reason, every single manager he has had in Europe has cast him off. So there has to be some reason for that. I think he has the ability but maybe not the mentality or the professionalism.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:15 pm

Hasn't Sunny been loaned to Osasuna? Or was that last season? He didn't play much there either...
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:11 pm

kas wrote:Hasn't Sunny been loaned to Osasuna? Or was that last season? He didn't play much there either...

It was this season!

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:23 pm

its this season, but has started to get some playing time of late.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Anyone seen some of the rumours in Marca today?

*Panucci maybe going to Atletico or Villarreal

*Ricardo Oliveira set to return to Betis (wasn't in training with Zaragoza today)

*Obinna from Inter also maybe going to Betis
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:22 pm

Looks like Betis might be bouncing back in the near future if they keep squad as it is. Olivera would be a good deal for them and if they can get the best out of Obinna they have a potentially dangerous and fast striker force.

Oh and both Atletico and Villarreal would be smart to stay away from Panucci.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Super Madrid wrote:Looks like Betis might be bouncing back in the near future if they keep squad as it is. Olivera would be a good deal for them and if they can get the best out of Obinna they have a potentially dangerous and fast striker force.

Maybe but Betis have been in a horrible run recently after being surprisingly good up until December. They're not far off the relegation zone as it stands now.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:34 pm

Oliveria will guaranteed goals as long as he gets the service!

It wasnt that long ago when Oliveira and Joaquin led Betis to a 4th place finish. Oliveira really peaked at Betis; a smaller club with less pressure than Milan for example.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Sure, that will be £100M please.

Poor rumour, even by Marca's standards... rivals Alves for a place in NT, my ass. Maicon is the first choice.

Reports: Real Madrid After Inter's Maicon
    Real Madrid are reported to be after Inter Milan full-back Maicon, with reports claiming that the previous regime of the Spanish club had actually been in contact with the agent of the player. There is no doubt that Maicon has developed into one of the best defenders in world football over the past few years and it appears he has caught the eye of one of the biggest clubs in the game too.

Marca reports that Real Madrid are after the Brazilian full-back, who has been a huge hit at Inter Milan and rivals Daniel Alves for a place in the national team.The Spanish daily claims that when Ramon Calderon was president of Madrid, they even began negotiations with the agent of the player about a move. These were thought to be discussions regarding the possibility of him leaving Milan next summer and, if that was to be the case, he would likely join Real Madrid.

The report claims that there is a bad relationship between Maicon and coach Jose Mourinho, although nothing has been heard of this in the past. Marca claims that this could be a reason for his exit. Inter Milan would no doubt be reluctant to sell the player, who joined the club back in 2006 from Monaco and has become a star player for them. If Madrid were to bring Maicon in, they would more than likely have to let go of Sergio Ramos, who would surely not be prepared to rotate with the Brazilian at right-back. There were reports linking the Spaniard with a move to AC Milan last summer, but they seem to have died down, and his performances have improved this year.
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Maicon to Madrid, Ramos to Milan Magic
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:46 pm

Pras Gallagher wrote:Maicon to Madrid, Ramos to Milan Magic

Why the hell would we want Maicon? lol!
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:10 am

Jaime wrote: