Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
stinger
Kroos
fcb
A & K
Deluded F*ck™
Kimbo
bluenine
Murray
S4P
Jaime
Chocolate Thunder
Pierre Littbarski
Rosicky
christmasborocooper
Glenarch of the Glen
Chris 23*
COTR
Romford Pele
Sgoater1
NeoChap
Matt_AFC
Sheffield gunner
Aristoskank
forza_rossi
Hlebagone
debaser
Luis
Cesc Soler
32 posters

Premier League 4th-5th January Discussion Thread

Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Premier League 4th-5th January Discussion Thread Empty Premier League 4th-5th January Discussion Thread

Post by Cesc Soler Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Man Utd XI: Kuszczak, Rafael, Vidic, Smalling, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Giggs, Berbatov, Hernandez

Stoke City XI: Begovic, Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Collins, Tuncay, Delap, Wilson, Whitehead, Etherington, Jones

Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Premier League 4th-5th January Discussion Thread Empty Re: Premier League 4th-5th January Discussion Thread

Post by Luis Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:16 pm

United will win comfortably 2 or 3-0.

Fulham vs West Brom is the least interesting game I could think of for Sky to show tonight. I suppose the 500 Fulham fans who aren't at the game will be watching though.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Premier League 4th-5th January Discussion Thread Empty Re: Premier League 4th-5th January Discussion Thread

Post by debaser Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:26 pm

Tuncay starting for Stoke Shocked
    Never thought I'd see the day.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:47 pm

whats has happened to johnny evans haven't seen him play for united in a while
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Messiah wrote:whats has happened to johnny evans haven't seen him play for united in a while

They've finally realized just how shit he is and cut him well down the pecking order. He'll be going to someone like Sunderland or Fulham before long.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:25 pm

cheers
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by forza_rossi Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:28 pm

Chicharito !! Very Happy 1-0 Awesome finish

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Hernandez why didn't barca sign him,
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Nice goal.

But of course, Man Utd haven't played good football since Ronaldo and Tevez left. Erm
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Lovely strike for Fulham, but weak goalkeeping from Carson.
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Post by forza_rossi Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:58 pm

Inbred Butterface wrote:Nice goal.

But of course, Man Utd haven't played good football since Ronaldo and Tevez left. Erm

cheers

BTW who is that in your avatar?
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Stoke equalise through Whitehead. 1-1.
    Matt_AFC
    Matt_AFC

Number of posts : 922
    Supports : Arsenal,Benfica
    Registration date : 2009-10-25

Post by Matt_AFC Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:09 pm

cheers comon stoke you dirty cuntsssssss
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Post by forza_rossi Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Nani equalizes with a great finish. Chicha with the assist. Good game he's having.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:31 pm

forza_rossi wrote:Nani equalizes with a great finish. Chicha with the assist. Good game he's having.

Not exactly.

The avatar is our beloved PM.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Birmingham won in the last minute. Disgusting.

Blackpool are gonna start getting Hulled downwards now..
    NeoChap

Number of posts : 59
    Registration date : 2010-11-27

Post by NeoChap Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Thought Man U's tactics caught Stoke out re. the whole centre-half at right back thing. Giggs was coming inside to play ambitious passes (not with the highest success rate) while Nani largely played a direct game - staying wide in the build up then coming inside late. So it was a classic wing set up on one flank, and a more modern one against Stoke's wonky right side. Otherwise, Smalling embarrassed Jones and Berbatov had an off-day.

Tuncay's role seems to be based on the idea that, since Pulis's style isn't actually all that effective against top defences, by including the Turk Stoke might somehow turn into Middlesborough and illogically defeat United via some burst of attacking inspiration. He did get the assist, but the fact remains that he doesn't gel with the team - you usually need more than one sporadic talent to cause an upset, so it was a shame to see Fuller on the bench.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:36 pm

U*d scraping the wins in games they should be dominating, credit to them for getting the results but they just arnt that great and i think they will crack in some of the big games.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:56 pm

debaser wrote:Birmingham won in the last minute. Disgusting.

Blackpool are gonna start getting Hulled downwards now..

Its a tough one cos they have games in hand but they are only useful if they win them. I dont think they will freefall like Hull did but they have the problem that they are going to need more points than are normally needed to survive. Its incredibly tight at the bottom and they are only 5 points off the relegation zone. They've done very well but there is a long way to go. They seem to play better away than they do at home, its unusual for a promoted side to be like this and i wouldnt have epected it as i thought they could have made bloomfield road a bit fo a fortress like Pompey did with Fratton Park. It will be interesting to see what they do in the window if they can keep hold of Adam and if they can add in a few players.

One player that really caught my eye is Phillips, i heard about him at Wycombe and he looked promising and since signing at Blackpool he has looked very decent. I think they've missed Homer Simpson a bit cos he did well at the start and offers them something different upfront.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Hoping for the same team that beat Brum and Chelsea tonight.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:
    U*d scraping the wins in games they should be dominating, credit to them for getting the results but they just arnt that great and i think they will crack in some of the big games.

I don't.

On paper it's one of the weakest United squads in years but they've beaten Spurs and Arsenal already, failed to lose to City, beat Liverpool in a 'big game' even though we're not in that category at the moment.

As much as we all hate it, United are the only side that know how to get results week in week out in the title race. Chelsea's capitulation will literally cost them the title. Arsenal are still lacking a solid defence, whilst it's too early for Spurs or City to win the title. They haven't got the experience it takes to hang on and win it.

United also have what the rest don't - 3 strtikers who can and will all score goals when they come into the team, and that is essential.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Reina
    Johnson
    Soto
    Skrtel
    Konchesky
    Maxi
    Lucas
    Gerrard
    Cole
    Ngog
    Torres

is our team tonight.

It's the same defence that has been mostly shambolic all season so not so happy with that but can't argue with the rest of it. COTR will be pleased that Dirk has been dropped I'm sure.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:15 pm

How exactly do you know what the team is ? The team posted up before the Wolves game was wrong so I'll wait until it's released before believing anything. It is very rare that Dirky boy finds himself on a bench.

The Ngog / Torres partnership is wretched. Can't believe he has stuck to his tired 4-4-2 throughout his time here when we don't have the squad to play it.
    Chris 23*
    Chris 23*

Number of posts : 3108
    Favourite Player : Jamie Carragher, Danny Agger, Junior Hoilett, Javier Mascherano and Fernandez Suso
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post by Chris 23* Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Why isn't Agger starting? Why Isn't Aurelio starting? Glad that Cole is starting but fuck you Hodgson. Betting tonight for a draw, that's if we're lucky Grr

By the way, this game isn't being televised ?
    Chris 23*
    Chris 23*

Number of posts : 3108
    Favourite Player : Jamie Carragher, Danny Agger, Junior Hoilett, Javier Mascherano and Fernandez Suso
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post by Chris 23* Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:17 pm

COTR wrote:How exactly do you know what the team is ? The team posted up before the Wolves game was wrong so I'll wait until it's released before believing anything. It is very rare that Dirky boy finds himself on a bench.

The Ngog / Torres partnership is wretched. Can't believe he has stuck to his tired 4-4-2 throughout his time here when we don't have the squad to play it.

Maybe RAWK?

I do hope it's incorrect
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:36 pm

COTR wrote:How exactly do you know what the team is ? The team posted up before the Wolves game was wrong so I'll wait until it's released before believing anything. It is very rare that Dirky boy finds himself on a bench.

I don't. But good sources on RAWK do as they are in contact with players/coaches at the club.

The only time it was wrong was the Wolves game, but I'm not sure who that person was. There's a guy on RAWK called Djphal or something and he gets it spot on every time as he has contacts within the club.

I imagine Kuyt will be rested for his shift at Old Trafford at the weekend Rolling Eyes

Merieles is injured. I'm worried how tired Gerrard is as he was never meant to play the Bolton game but ended up playing around 75 minutes.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Chris 23* wrote:Why isn't Agger starting? Why Isn't Aurelio starting?

Mebbe 'cause they played their first full game for months just a few days ago and both are notoriously injury prone Erm
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:02 pm

Chris 23* wrote:

By the way, this game isn't being televised ?

Shocked
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:03 pm

debaser wrote:
    Chris 23* wrote:Why isn't Agger starting? Why Isn't Aurelio starting?

Mebbe 'cause they played their first full game for months just a few days ago and both are notoriously injury prone Erm

You could say the same of Gerrard.

I bet when Carragher comes back he'll be started straight away.

Aurellio I could understand as he can't play 2 games in one week but I'm sure Agger could have played tonight.

I'd have thrown Kelly or Wilson in ahead of the Greek as well.

We still should have enough to get a win but how often have I said that this season Rolling Eyes
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Arse should be 1-0 up. Sitter has been missed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:44 pm