Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
S4P
Tom
TheCrazy58
Allez les rouges
Puro
Bashmachkin
Deluded F*ck™
Sheffield gunner
Jaime
fcb
Glenarch of the Glen
Kroos
rosenthal
Chocolate Thunder
Cesc Soler
christmasborocooper
Pierre Littbarski
COTR
stinger
Sgoater1
The Easter Bunny
shazlx
Hlebagone
debaser
Kimbo
Isco Benny
Romford Pele
Luis
32 posters

Premier League discussion 22/23/24/25/26 January 2010

Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Premier League discussion 22/23/24/25/26 January 2010 Empty Premier League discussion 22/23/24/25/26 January 2010

Post by Luis Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Saturday, 22 January 2011
    Wolverhampton v Liverpool
    Arsenal v Wigan
    Blackpool v Sunderland
    Everton v West Ham
    Fulham v Stoke
    Man Utd v Birmingham
    Newcastle v Tottenham
    Aston Villa v Man City

Sunday, 23 January 2011
    Blackburn v West Brom

Monday, 24 January 2011
    Bolton v Chelsea

Tuesday, 25 January 2011
    Blackpool v Man Utd
    Wigan v Aston Villa

Wednesday, 26 January 2011
    Liverpool v Fulham

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not too many stand out fixtures but the stand out fixtures in this league rarely live up to expectations anyway.

Villa vs City will be the battle of the ridiculously expensive striker. Dzeko vs Dazza. Personally I think Villa will be boosted by this signing and despite having Houllier as manager will give City a real test.

The TOON army are still without Caroll but with Best in the side anything is possible. When you're a mid-table club though a loss to Spurs may have to be expected, especially seeing as 'Arry has been wheeling and dealing again Grr Ste Pienaar will have to wait until the 70th minute before replacing Modric in the centre but don't rule out a goal on his debut!

Libpool have a tough away fixture and are again without captain fantastic but Jay Spearing can easily fill his boots. Babel might get a place on the bench if he manages to fly back from Ajax and Hoffenheim in time.

Sunday's game is shite.

Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Premier League discussion 22/23/24/25/26 January 2010 Empty Re: Premier League discussion 22/23/24/25/26 January 2010

Post by Romford Pele Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Bolton - Chelsea will be a very good game.

Owen Coyle has spent next to nothing and is working wonders with what isn't that good a squad. He has also got them playing some very good football as well as still being able to mix it. They don't lose much at home. Saying this, Chelsea have improved recently and i'd still make them favourites though Bolton will push them far.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Premier League discussion 22/23/24/25/26 January 2010 Empty Re: Premier League discussion 22/23/24/25/26 January 2010

Post by Luis Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Bolton haven't won in 4 league games now though, they're falling a bit.

Although Coyle has done well with them both results wise and in how they've played football there are some good players in that squad so it's not particularly surprising. Jussi, Cahill, Muamba, Holden, Lee, Elmander and Davies are all very good players.

If Chelsea win then they have almost climbed out their abyss. Still think Chelsea needed/need to spend this window just to bolster their squad a bit and give them a few more options. They are badly lacking a bit of flair at the moment with the loss of Benayoun. Once Lampard gets back to fitness they'll improve slightly but their strike force needs something new - Drogba is aging, Anelka isn't the same player anymore and Malouda is having a barren spell.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Another 3 points off the barcodes would represent another lovely weekend.

I'll try not to think of how much it burns Kimbo being beaten by us. Even though he'll blame it on the apparent 200million Jewish pounds spent on our squad whilst conveniently ignoring to acknowledge net player sales, and thus further damaging the reputation of maths teachers in Newcastle Ale

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:57 pm

It's a tricky one to predict with Carroll out to injury and Tiote out for whatever bullshit reason the FA came up with. One thing is for sure though, Andy Lennon will notice a big difference between James Perch and Jose Enrique. I think which Danny Guthrie turns up will have a huge bearing on the game, assuming he's starting.

I'm surprised 'arry has time for this game to be honest, isn't it interrupting his world 'tapping up' tour? I bet he spends the entire game winking at Andy Carroll. Actually he spends his entire life winking at everybody doesn't he, so nevermind. <Ale>
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:13 pm

ooooh! trash talk!

I think both sets of fans have become very arrogant this season but if I had to choose I'd want a Newcastle win as Spurs have tried to derail our Suarez bid the contes Sad
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:14 pm

I'll put it on record right here that I would be very much in favour of a Villa win tomorrow Ale

Shame Makoun hasn't got his WP in time, but Bent should be a big boost in terms of confidence and hope from the fans which will help matters, as it has been all doom and gloomy the last few months.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:19 pm

With Tiote out, there'll be a noticeably less injury time added on at the end for his fouls / play acting, which could end up working in your favour if you're holding onto to a 1-0 for dear life.

And Carroll will have a perfectly unobstructed view to watch his new team mates. It'll be impossible for him not to be impressed.

Let's see if Barton can manage to finish a whole game without being an unreserved c**t Ale

Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Luis wrote:ooooh! trash talk!

I think both sets of fans have become very arrogant this season but if I had to choose I'd want a Newcastle win as Spurs have tried to derail our Suarez bid the contes Sad

Which translates as "both sets of fans know their team is as good as or better than Liverpool for a change" Wink In our case, for the second season in about 30 odd years. Allow us our moment of arrogance. It's been a long time coming
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:24 pm

Noah and the Bale wrote:With Tiote out, there'll be a noticeably less injury time added on at the end for his fouls / play acting, which could end up working in your favour if you're holding onto to a 1-0 for dear life.
    I think Palacios and VDV will have fouls and play-acting covered.

And Carroll will have a perfectly unobstructed view to watch his new team mates. It'll be impossible for him not to be impressed.

Let's see if Barton can manage to finish a whole game without being an unreserved c**t Ale
    Ofcourse Andy will be impressed, he will be able to compare the crossing of Lennon and Barton, that will be a contest. Erm ok
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Noah and the Bale wrote:

Which translates as "both sets of fans know their team is as good as or better than Liverpool for a change" Wink In our case, for the second season in about 30 odd years. Allow us our moment of arrogance. It's been a long time coming

Well Spurs are better than Liverpool - there's no arguement there. But a lot of posts yesterday on a Spurs forum were a bit of a joke; along the lines of "apparently we're letting Liverpool have Suarez so we can go for Torres in the summer" lol!

You did well to get in the top 4 and you're doing well again this season but if you can't attack United when they go down to ten men then you'll never progress further and IMO it's between you lot and Chelsea for 4th this season and I'd be amazed if Chelsea don't manage to get it.

Newcastle aren't better than Liverpool in the same way Blackpool and Stoke aren't better. Liverpool are under-achieving and should comfortably be 7th but we had a manager who believed we weren't good enough to win at home to Blackpool or Wolves. Kimbo thinks Newcastle are a better team but he wont be saying that come the end of the season Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:35 pm

Luis wrote:Newcastle aren't better than Liverpool in the same way Blackpool and Stoke aren't better. Liverpool are under-achieving and should comfortably be 7th but we had a manager who believed we weren't good enough to win at home to Blackpool or Wolves. Kimbo thinks Newcastle are a better team but he wont be saying that come the end of the season Ale
    King Kenny hero of the universe has really given you some confidence.

What would be your combined Liverpool/Newcastle XI Lewis?

------------------Reina------------------

Johnson--Agger--Coloccini--Enrique

Barton---Tiote---Gerrard---Ben Arfa

------------Torres---Carroll------------

6-5 to us, i'd say that's fair enough.

You have a bigger squad so may well finish higher than us, but in terms of first XI's you scouse really overrate yours. <Ale>
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Luis wrote:
    Noah and the Bale wrote:

Well Spurs are better than Liverpool - there's no arguement there. But a lot of posts yesterday on a Spurs forum were a bit of a joke; along the lines of "apparently we're letting Liverpool have Suarez so we can go for Torres in the summer" lol!

You did well to get in the top 4 and you're doing well again this season but if you can't attack United when they go down to ten men then you'll never progress further and IMO it's between you lot and Chelsea for 4th this season and I'd be amazed if Chelsea don't manage to get it.

Newcastle aren't better than Liverpool in the same way Blackpool and Stoke aren't better. Liverpool are under-achieving and should comfortably be 7th but we had a manager who believed we weren't good enough to win at home to Blackpool or Wolves. Kimbo thinks Newcastle are a better team but he wont be saying that come the end of the season Ale

The majority of people who comment on those Spurs specific forums are morons. Hence why I keep well away. You'll never get any balanced discussions going under such circumstances. Much more fun/productive coming on here as, even though agendas run deep, the majority of you lot are reasonable. Would Torres ever come to Spurs? Course not.

Ultimately, we're going to start rubbing people up the wrong way as we're starting to act like a big club - ie show some ambition. Your prediction of Chelsea getting 4th over us shows how important and difficult it is to realise ambition and thwart the natural order of the Premier League. And it can be quite ruthless.

So tapping up Carroll, going in for Suarez, going for the Olympic Stadium as a back up plan and thwarting West Ham - it's not nice when you're on the receiving end, but if we weren't doing it, then United / Man City or some other c**ts would be.

We've long been pillaged of our best players by the likes of United, lost out to the likes of Liverpool for signings (Joe Cole as a recent example. Which in hindsight wasn't a bad thing), been bitch slapped and put down as a second rate club. I'm actually glad we're showing some balls and going for it. Even if we don't get 5th, at least we've given it a go.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Luis wrote:Newcastle aren't better than Liverpool in the same way Blackpool and Stoke aren't better. Liverpool are under-achieving and should comfortably be 7th but we had a manager who believed we weren't good enough to win at home to Blackpool or Wolves. Kimbo thinks Newcastle are a better team but he wont be saying that come the end of the season Ale
    King Kenny hero of the universe has really given you some confidence.

What would be your combined Liverpool/Newcastle XI Lewis?

------------------Reina------------------

Johnson--Agger--Coloccini--Enrique

Barton---Tiote---Gerrard---Ben Arfa

------------Torres---Carroll------------

6-5 to us, i'd say that's fair enough.

You have a bigger squad so may well finish higher than us, but in terms of first XI's you scouse really overrate yours. <Ale>

Johnson lol!

--------------------Reina-----------------

--Kelly----Agger------Coloccini----------Enrique------

----Nolan--------Merieles-------Gerrard--------Maxi---------

--------------------Torres--------Caroll

Ben Arfa has proved fuck all so far in this league <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Luis wrote:
    Johnson lol!

What the fuck is that? lol!

Where are Barton and Tiote? Surely Jonas would be 2nd choice if Ben Arfa hasn't proved anything? Although what Meireles has proved, other than Liverpool paid too much for him, i don't know. Seriously Meireles and Maxi just look like a couple of flops to me. <Ale>
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:02 pm

I like the idea of Nolan of right wing though Smile
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Johnson lol!

What the fuck is that? lol!

Where are Barton and Tiote? Surely Jonas would be 2nd choice if Ben Arfa hasn't proved anything? Although what Meireles has proved, other than Liverpool paid too much for him, i don't know. Seriously Meireles and Maxi just look like a couple of flops to me. <Ale>

Nolan>>Barton IMO. Barton's talking the talk but he's an utter cock, Nolan actually has a bit of class about him.

Tiote isn't as great as you're making out Kimmy. We all thought Sissoko was the next Vieira at first but look what happened. He's a good defensive mid but will be at Juventus or Inter before too long <Ale>

Maxi has been one of our best players this season, considering we payed pennys for him he's done pretty well.

Merieles has class but has found it difficult coming into such a struggling side and being played on the right must have fucked his mind up. I have no doubts he has more to him than Tiote or Barton though ok
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Even as one of your best players this season, a comparison along the lines of the "best type of death penalty", I find it difficult to see how hes been much above average. Kuyt should be in any team in front of him.

Who's we in Sissoko being the next Vieira. Stick insect's have long legs too. This doesnt make them the next Vieira. It was always fairly obvious his lack of ability to pass a ball was gonna prevent him being the next Vieira.

Why do you make the distinction between Merieles playing on the right, and then shoehorn Nolan in there.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:24 pm

--------------------------Reina----------------------

Kelly-----------Coloccini-------Agger--------Enrique

Johnson--------Barton------Merieles-------Ben Arfa (simply because neither has a better left sided option)

------------------------Gerrard-------------------

----------------------Carroll----------------------

Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:28 pm

Luis wrote:Nolan>>Barton IMO. Barton's talking the talk but he's an utter cock, Nolan actually has a bit of class about him.
    Gerrard is a cock, it's just that he's not as good at it, as we saw with the DJ incident. Lets remove him from the team, he's on his way down anyway, both Nolan and Barton have been better than him this season.

Tiote isn't as great as you're making out Kimmy. We all thought Sissoko was the next Vieira at first but look what happened. He's a good defensive mid but will be at Juventus or Inter before too long <Ale>
    Tiote isn't just some big African shithouse, he's decent with the ball, he always looks to bring it down and start a passing move.

Maxi has been one of our best players this season, considering we payed pennys for him he's done pretty well.

Merieles has class but has found it difficult coming into such a struggling side and being played on the right must have fucked his mind up. I have no doubts he has more to him than Tiote or Barton though ok
    Well as long as YOU don't have any doubts. Rolling Eyes <Ale> I don't have any doubts that Ben Arfa will be a success, but clearly that isn't good enough for you Lewis.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:14 pm

-------------------------Reina

Kelly-----------Coloccini-------Agger-------Enrique

Gerrard--------Barton--------Tiote---------Ben Arfa

------------------Torres--------Carroll

My combined 'Pool/Newcastle team...
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:59 pm

shazlx wrote:-------------------------Reina

Gerrard--------Barton--------Tiote---------Ben Arfa

------------------Torres--------Carroll

My combined 'Pool/Newcastle team...

More Newcastle players cheers
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Tough game for us im worried about Bent, Villa Park has been a good hunting ground in the past but i think this will be a real test. Im still confident we can get a rsult but we need to get back to defending better. Looking forward to seeing Dzeko again. Villa Park is normally a good away trip, nice away pub outside the ground and i always have fond memories of Richards 95th min equaliser so im looking forward to it and hopefully the chance to Poznan. Come on City !
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:36 pm

It's a sensible team. If you use logic then you will end up with 6-5 in Newcastles favour, and that's a fact. Lewis didn't use logic, he used a crowbar to get his scouse heroes in there.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:40 pm

My joint Newcastle and United team would be:

------------------------Krul-------------------------

--Gutierrez-------Collocini-----Vidic------------Evra--------

----------------Tiote----------Nolan------------------------

---Valencia-----------------------------------Nani---------

------------------Berbatov---------Caroll----------------

Chins
    <Ale>
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:43 pm

I quite like the possibility of this team:

--------------------------Tiote

-------------Barton---------------- Merieles

------------------------Gerrard

-------------------Torres-----Carroll
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:
    Tough game for us im worried about Bent, Villa Park has been a good hunting ground in the past but i think this will be a real test. Im still confident we can get a rsult but we need to get back to defending better. Looking forward to seeing Dzeko again. Villa Park is normally a good away trip, nice away pub outside the ground and i always have fond memories of Richards 95th min equaliser so im looking forward to it and hopefully the chance to Poznan. Come on City !
    scratch
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:59 pm

To carry on the silliness

.......................Reina

Johnson......Kelly.......Agger.....Enrique

........................Meireles
    ..............Gerrard..........Aquilani
    ...........................................Ben Arfa
    .........Torres.........Carroll

I'll go with this one

Thanks <Ale>

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Even Lewis's is probably better than that Paddy.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Kimbo wrote:Even Lewis's is probably better than that Paddy.

8 of the same players in your side

I'll take Aquilani and Meireles over the Bartons and Tiotes of this world thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:59 am