Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
The Chosen Glenn
Balack was Coward
Chris Bart Williams
EMP
Murray
Bashmachkin
Hlebagone
Chris 23*
khan55
Allez les rouges
110%
TM
ERIK LAMELA
Matt_AFC
Fey
Sheffield gunner
worms.
Knoblauch
The Easter Bunny
Romford Pele
stinger
S4P
TheCrazy58
fcb
Deluded F*ck™
Pierre Littbarski
Isco Benny
Chocolate Thunder
shenglu
abundance
Jaime
Di Caniooooo!
Kimbo
debaser
Cesc Soler
Glenarch of the Glen
christmasborocooper
FootballFarrago
Sgoater1
43 posters

Championship & Football League

S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Championship & Football League  - Page 4 Empty Re: Championship & Football League

Post by S4P Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Prize can mean financial reward too.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Championship & Football League  - Page 4 Empty Re: Championship & Football League

Post by Isco Benny Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:25 pm

They were clearly talking financially.

Even if these commentators were as deluded as Worms claims, I'm pretty sure they're fully aware that winning the EPL is greater achievement than getting promoted into it.

I do wonder if Worms purposefully goes out of his way to sound like a berk.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:35 pm

S4P wrote:Prize can mean financial reward too.

What would you rather win? What do you think is the biggest prize,The CL or promotion to the Premier league?

They DIDN'T say promotion to DPL is the biggest financial reward they said "it's the biggest prize in football".

I don't know how you can defend that.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Hey there fuckface, how's it going?

They say this every season, as S4P has correctly explained, it is due to the financial prize involved. Though as he also correctly pointed out, the Championship playoff final is the biggest prize. They probably didnt feel the need to go into the definition of prize is because it's an often quoted fact that most fans will be aware of by now.

Your lack of understanding given the clear explanation here makes you look like a thick c**t. Just thought you should be aware.
    worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:20 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Hey there fuckface, how's it going?

They say this every season, as S4P has correctly explained, it is due to the financial prize involved. Though as he also correctly pointed out, the Championship playoff final is the biggest prize. They probably didnt feel the need to go into the definition of prize is because it's an often quoted fact that most fans will be aware of by now.

Your lack of understanding given the clear explanation here makes you look like a thick c**t. Just thought you should be aware.

Calm down dear.

Your opinion that the Championship playoff final is the biggest prize in football is not a fact,like I said it's an opinion and an extremely idiotic one at that.But I have come to expect nothing better from you,you tumbling tumbling dickweed.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Més que un club wrote:
    christmasborocooper wrote:Hey there fuckface, how's it going?

Calm down dear.

Your opinion that the Championship playoff final is the biggest prize in football is not a fact,like I said it's an opinion and an extremely idiotic one at that.But I have come to expect nothing better from you,you tumbling tumbling dickweed.

Doh You cant possibly be this much of a fucking idiot.

Don't worry i've just checked on PES, it's got better stats than all the other competitions ok
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Més que un club wrote:
    S4P wrote:Prize can mean financial reward too.

What would you rather win? What do you think is the biggest prize,The CL or promotion to the Premier league?

They DIDN'T say promotion to DPL is the biggest financial reward they said "it's the biggest prize in football".

I don't know how you can defend that.

Doh Crazy
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:33 pm

You haven't thought this through at all have you worms?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:34 pm

Not sure he fully understands all the words.
    worms.

Post by worms. Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Disco Benny wrote:You haven't thought this through at all have you worms?

I will repeat one last time:

christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:38 pm

lol!

A genuine fool.
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Més que un club wrote:

lol!
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:

Doh You cant possibly be this much of a fucking idiot.

Don't worry i've just checked on PES, it's got better stats than all the other competitions ok

Brilliant lol!
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Southampton winning. Surely can't mess it up now.

Boro got a chance to sneak into playoffs with Cardiff losing.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Southampton are promoted with a 4-0 win and celebrate with a good, old-fashioned pitch invasion. Good to have them back in the Premier League.
    worms.

Post by worms. Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Southampton,like the good ol' days.I used to get mixed up between them and Sundersland.Both play in red and white stripes and both start with S.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Yep, happy to see Southampton back. Been a while. Adkins seems like he's a good manager so they should do okay.

Ham, Cardiff, Brum and Blackpool for the playoffs. One of 3 horrible clubs or Ian Holloway Neutral
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Was hoping that Boro would make it up. Nice to see Southampton back. Don't care much for Reading or any of the clubs in the playoffs.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:06 pm

S4P wrote:
    Més que un club wrote:

lol!

cheers

Championship & Football League  - Page 4 2313506-888962-it-is-a-medium-size-dog-dense-coat-working-dog-breed-that-originated-in-eastern-siberia
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Saints

cheers

Back in the day I did also mixed them up with Sunderland.

What happened to the Whammers? Thought they were leading comfortably last time I checked. Reading doesn't tickle me, or is Graeme Murty still there?
    Matt_AFC
    Matt_AFC

Number of posts : 922
    Supports : Arsenal,Benfica
    Registration date : 2009-10-25

Post by Matt_AFC Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Fey wrote:Saints

cheers

Back in the day I did also mixed them up with Sunderland.

What happened to the Whammers? Thought they were leading comfortably last time I checked. Reading doesn't tickle me, or is Graeme Murty still there?

Graeme Murty is now a coach at Saints
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Apologies Coops - but Palace not keeping their side of the deal would soften the blow.
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:59 pm

It's Tito time! wrote:Southampton,like the good ol' days.I used to get mixed up between them and Sundersland.Both play in red and white stripes and both start with S.

You're going to have fun with Sunderland, Southampton and Stoke next season then.
    worms.

Post by worms. Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:04 pm

S4P wrote:
    It's Tito time! wrote:Southampton,like the good ol' days.I used to get mixed up between them and Sundersland.Both play in red and white stripes and both start with S.

You're going to have fun with Sunderland, Southampton and Stoke next season then.

lol! I forgot about Stoke,now this might get really confusing but I think I can tell Stoke apart since they play football like Rugby.
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:23 pm

If Parker had played a game as good as Sandro's just then, 99% of the sports journalist in this country would have wanked themselves to death.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Wrong thread buddy. We've been in poor form recently however i doubt we're in danger of getting relegated anytime soon
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Oh shit, what an idiot I am. Apologies everyone.
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Fri May 11, 2012 11:18 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18040974

At least there's a bit of consistency.
    worms.

Post by worms. Sat May 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Hope West Ham win,can't stand this wank fest over Blackpool,attacking with 8 players and leaving yourself exposed defensively isn't good football.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sat May 19, 2012 2:22 pm

It's either the return of Fat Sam or the return of West Country Holloway. Neither particularly enticing, though I'm happier with either of these teams than the two losing semi-finalists..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:35 pm