Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Sgoater1
Luis
christmasborocooper
Rosicky
Glenarch of the Glen
Allez les rouges
debaser
Isco Benny
DD
Batman
14 posters

Price of Football - Premier League clubs

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Price of Football - Premier League clubs Empty Price of Football - Premier League clubs

Post by Batman Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:44 am

Clubs reveal all in BBC Sport Price of Football survey
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14366574.stm

Price of Football - Premier League clubs _54373420_premier_league_table
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Price of Football - Premier League clubs Empty Re: Price of Football - Premier League clubs

Post by DD Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:52 am

Newcastle Ale

I wanted to make fun of Arsenal and Liverpool but then I saw the cheapest day out for QPR and Swansea. affraid

Why is Fulham the only London team with sensible prices? Or rather, how come? Their best seats are ridiculous though...

EDIT: apparently Newcastle were the only club out of 104 surveyed who did not reveal their prices.

Last edited by DD on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Price of Football - Premier League clubs Empty Re: Price of Football - Premier League clubs

Post by Isco Benny Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:57 am

Sadly, watching a game at Spurs is an expensive exercise on average;

however it's unsurprising as our ground has a capaciy of just 36,000 and demand is high, so ticket prices can be increased as it's basic market dynamics. Throw in the London weighting, and that our Chairman is a hard nosed business driven Jew, and paying 80 quid for a ticket is not so bizarre as it looks on paper.

On the whole, you are also generally guaranteed entertainment and or/open attacking football (as is the case also at Arsenal for example), so even though the pies are disgusting and the matchday programmes a rip off, I've rarely come away from a game at Spurs feeling "robbed" in the same way I did when I paid 12 quid to watch Transformers in central London on a day trip with my nephew.

Interesting that QPR charge more for a cheap ticket than any other club in the Prem League aside from Liverpool. IT might be West London but you've got to wonder how they have the gall given they've only just come up and have billionaire owners and a relatively small wage bill
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:10 pm

QPR at least have London excuse, how can Swansea justify it?
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:Sadly, watching a game at Spurs is an expensive exercise on average;

however it's unsurprising as our ground has a capaciy of just 36,000 and demand is high, so ticket prices can be increased as it's basic market dynamics. Throw in the London weighting, and that our Chairman is a hard nosed business driven Jew, and paying 80 quid for a ticket is not so bizarre as it looks on paper.

On the whole, you are also generally guaranteed entertainment and or/open attacking football (as is the case also at Arsenal for example), so even though the pies are disgusting and the matchday programmes a rip off, I've rarely come away from a game at Spurs feeling "robbed" in the same way I did when I paid 12 quid to watch Transformers in central London on a day trip with my nephew.

Interesting that QPR charge more for a cheap ticket than any other club in the Prem League aside from Liverpool. IT might be West London but you've got to wonder how they have the gall given they've only just come up and have billionaire owners and a relatively small wage bill

Will this news leave some people disappointed?

(sorry, couldn't resist Embarassed )
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Fulham have a lovely little stadium and it's a nice area, especially in the summer. They only have about 17 fans so you can usually just rock up and get in. Alf Eyehead drove a lot of the support away with his sulking after Princess Diana was murdered by Steve Marlet but it's still a surprise to me that they don't sell out every week.

I don't really see how the price of a pie, a program or a delicious hot beverage is relevant, you might as well include the cost of living in the area, fuel prices, public transport etc. Also some areas (i.e. the north) there is nothing else to do on a Saturday except watch football, drink, beat up a stranger and/or your wife then cry in the shed.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:06 pm

That's without even including transport to the stadium. I live in the near vicinity of Emirates but there is a no way I am spunking £50 up the wall for 90mins of action.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:59 pm

You've spunked more than that up a wall for 10 minutes of action I heard..
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:06 pm

An Adult ticket at Blackburn is a tenner? Which games is this for?
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Luis wrote:An Adult ticket at Blackburn is a tenner? Which games is this for?

It will be Bolton, Wigan, Norwich, QPR, Swansea, Fulham basically small teams that dont bring many away fans or travel a long distance.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:42 pm

City have kept their prices very reasonable for tickets, beer is about £3.60 which is a rip off cos it isnt the best. Im sure some of those figures for the pies seem a bit low, ive been to a lot of those grounds and im sure they cost more....either that or my mates pocketing the change.

QPR are a disgrace and i hope they get relegated ! Likewise i hope Wigan stay up cos they only charge £25 at their gaff haha.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:01 am

Update:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

Are Liverpool and Arsenal taking the piss with their season ticket prices?
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 pm

You can get a Man City season ticket for £275?? Yikes

That is cheaper than EVERY other club in the league bar Wigan.

That must be bullshit.

Although, presumably when you have Arabs pouring money into the club via a whole variety of crafty ways, then balancing the books like any other normal club is not necessary
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:05 pm

You can't get food at the match anymore really. One burger costs 3.50.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:07 pm

I haven't bought food at an Arsenal game since 2004.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 pm

what is football?
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:30 pm

Pick the jew club Laughing

What shocks me is the high prices in the lower leagues. I pay 350 euros for a season ticket. Granted, it's not the EPL but still.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:04 pm