Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Xavier
mongrel hawk
Brian2468
Puro
worms.
debaser
blutgraetsche
Fey
12 posters

Peru to gift Holland the WC afterall!

Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Peru to gift Holland the WC afterall!  Empty Peru to gift Holland the WC afterall!

Post by Fey Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:49 pm

This might appear genuine. FIFA is gonna start another investigation, to the dodgy result Argentina had against Peru in 78!

http://peru21.pe/2012/02/14/deportes/fifa-investigara-goleada-peru-2011860

No idea what it says, cause its all in Peruvian.

Would be a bit lame to get a WC in this Schleck kind of way, though on the other hand, if you know how some other countries got their titles in the past (im not mentioning any names Biggrin )

I coulnt care less though, it's funny in some way that Cruyff still wouldnt be a WC-winner, and that thanks to Peru of all nations, there wouldnt be a winner on South-American soil afterall. I would love seeing the German title of 1974 gettin scraped.

At least we had that DISGRACEFUL party last year already for gettin 2nd. So we wont have to do that again.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Peru to gift Holland the WC afterall!  Empty Re: Peru to gift Holland the WC afterall!

Post by blutgraetsche Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Would really suit you to 'win' a WC like that. Holland, the Inter Milan of international football... Ale
    Fey
    Fey

Peru to gift Holland the WC afterall!  Empty Re: Peru to gift Holland the WC afterall!

Post by Fey Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:10 pm

You claim WC titles from a country THAT DOESNT EVEN EXCIST anymore!

Besides, after Inter got those titles, they did become rather succesful didnt they? Very Happy

blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:15 pm

The only difference is that those titles weren't almost 40 years in the past. Laugh

I have to correct myself: Holland, the Schalke 04 of international football. Meister der Herzen... I love you
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Looking forward to Puro's rant about '66, coming soon..
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Not surprised,it's not the only World Cup game to be fixed before.Fifa made sure South Korea got to the SF of the 2002 WC for commercial reasons.(To break into the East Asian market).As far as am concerned an Asian team hasn't reached the SF of the WC like the African teams.Ghana got loads of weird decisions against Uruguay but Uruguay like the warriors they are beat 14 men that day.

The most blatant match fixing you will ever see,the south korea team where savages and where allowed to physically assault the Italian and Spanish players without being punished and they had so many weird and laughable decisions go there way.Everybody who knows football,knows this was fixed.

The ref in the Italy-S. Korea match is an Ecuadorian ref called Byron Moreno. He was suspended from Ecuador's league games for match fixing, and is now currently serving a 6 year prison sentence for smuggling heroin to the US.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Fey wrote:This might appear genuine. FIFA is gonna start another investigation, to the dodgy result Argentina had against Peru in 78!

Would be a bit lame to get a WC in this Schleck kind of way, though on the other hand, if you know how some other countries got their titles in the past (im not mentioning any names Biggrin )

I coulnt care less though, it's funny in some way that Cruyff still wouldnt be a WC-winner, and that thanks to Peru of all nations, there wouldnt be a winner on South-American soil afterall. I would love seeing the German title of 1974 gettin scraped.

At least we had that DISGRACEFUL party last year already for gettin 2nd. So we wont have to do that again.

Tina Fey, we Peruvians have a feeling of guilt and that our dignity was severely damaged when we saw our team come out for the second half of that game.

That dignity that Perú showed the world when we left Hitler's 1936 Olympic Games after we utterly crushed Hitler's team because he ordered FIFA to have the match played again. We left that sham with dignity!

Well, that dignity was damaged by the players's behaviour against them Argies. It is a public secret in Perú (and perhaps in Argentina too) that the game had been rigged before it began. Obviously some players didn't follow the script namely Oblitas, Cubillas etc. when they hit the posts twice in the the first half.

It is no secret that the Argie generals along with Kissinger the Khazar entered Perú's locker room to give them a 'friendly' reminder.

We've always known such game was fixed, but they beat you in the Final fair and square 3-1.

The Argies rigged one game to get to the Final. On the other hand, Stanley Rous rigged an entire tournament for England to lift a trophy internationally. That's the big difference between Argentina threatening by using military pressure to win one game by a desired result and "THE ROBBERY OF THE CENTURY".

And, Debbie acts as if I started the talk about the '66 robbery of the century when just about EVERYONE outside England is aware of it.

Tina Fey, that's also the difference between us Peruvians and others. It bothers us, even nowadays, how our team acted in that game against them Argies. That's why it doesn't go away.

What are the chances, do you think, of one Englishman or Khazar to raise awareness in England that '66 was the greatest chicanery ever to happen in world football?

They will never call themselves out. We do, we question our own motives. We would've returned the trophy had we lifted it in such utterly disgraceful manner. TFS!

Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Brian2468 Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:58 pm

You want to make a name for yourself everyone would like to see the proof Puro the real proof and nothing but the proof...... A Proof is a proof of a Proof.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:10 am

Brian2468 wrote:You want to make a name for yourself everyone would like to see the proof Puro the real proof and nothing but the proof...... A Proof is a proof of a Proof.

I've got much bigger fish to fry. I'm going for the eye, Brian. The plan is to bring down Castle Grayskull...the House of Rothschilds. The English will thank me later. <Ale>
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:18 am

Good luck. Would it be fair to say England has a greater chance of winning a tournament before you catch Castle Grayskull. Very Happy
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Fey, you would face Brazil if Peru had not favoured Argentina. The big victim was Brazil, not Holland.

On the 66 WC:

I always heard, since I was a child, that there were 3 fixed WCs: 1 for Italy in the 30s; 1 for England in the 60s; 1 for Argentina in the 70s. This is international common knowledge. Nothing new about it.
    Xavier
    Xavier

Number of posts : 563
    Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
    Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Weren't both of Italy's WCs in the 30s fixed to some degree?
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:06 am

Fey wrote:This might appear genuine. FIFA is gonna start another investigation, to the dodgy result Argentina had against Peru in 78!

Uruguay 1930 won the World Cup in Uruguay.
    Uruguay 1950 won the World Cup in Brasil.
    Brasil 1962 won the World Cup in Chile.

The most fixed World Cup was Italy 1934. The same referee officated in a semi-final and final and had dinner with Mussolini the night before the final. That tournament was absolutely scandalous - the proven Robbery of the Century - yet FIFA ignores it. Why?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:54 am

because everyone involved died 20 years ago?
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:23 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Would really suit you to 'win' a WC like that. Holland, the Inter Milan of international football... Ale
    <Ale>
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Fey, you would face Brazil if Peru had not favoured Argentina. The big victim was Brazil, not Holland.

On the 66 WC:

I always heard, since I was a child, that there were 3 fixed WCs: 1 for Italy in the 30s; 1 for England in the 60s; 1 for Argentina in the 70s. This is international common knowledge. Nothing new about it.

I wouldnt be suprised if the 1998 final is fixed as well. What happened to Ronaldo before the final remains dodgy, French secret service perhaps?

Anyway, I agree Brazil suffered the most. So the final should be replayed. Brazil-Holland...with the same players of course! Very Happy
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Fey wrote:
    Mongrel Hawk wrote:Fey, you would face Brazil if Peru had not favoured Argentina. The big victim was Brazil, not Holland.

On the 66 WC:

I wouldnt be suprised if the 1998 final is fixed as well. What happened to Ronaldo before the final remains dodgy, French secret service perhaps?

Anyway, I agree Brazil suffered the most. So the final should be replayed. Brazil-Holland...with the same players of course! Very Happy

Many Brazilians believe Brazil let France win that game in 98 in exchange for the 2002 WC or for hosting the WC in 2014 - depending on the conspiracy theory. For me, it's nothing more than another stupid theory by arrogant Brazilians who think Brazilian football is technically superior to any other. France was playing at home with an excelent team against an irregular Brazil full of craques but with a 21-year-old Ronaldo feeling the weight of 180 million Brazilians on his shoulders.

And I agree with you, we could have a senior game between the 1978 players. That would be awesome. Even if it was only symbolic.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:13 am

Felicidades, Todo! So happy to read that Brasil made that Frenchie mason son of a bitch by the name Jérôme Valcke kiss your ass and apologize.

I was waiting for Brasil's response after the Frenchie mason hijo de puta disrespected an entire nation with his arrogant and pompous demeanor.

Who the fuck does he think he is!!! So happy for all you Brasileiros who showed dignity after the Frenchie mason cocksucker was so obnoxious. Good can of whoop ass on the Frenchie. Good for Brasil for putting that mason in his place...he was forced to apologize publicly like a bitch that he is, kissing Brasil's ass. Apologize little bitch! apologize! Biggrin <Ale>

Brasil! Brasil! Brasil! <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Yeh, Puro. Brazil now wants another guy to deal with. But I'm not worried about it. I'm worried about today's game against Nacional Querido!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Yeh, Puro. Brazil now wants another guy to deal with. But I'm not worried about it. I'm worried about today's game against Nacional Querido!

Very good game! Ramírez must play at some point if we are to beat the Yoruguas. I'm also looking forward to the Santos vs. Inter, Boca vs. Flu matches as well.

My Alianza Lima were robbed last night FFS! The Argie cocksucker kept calling PK's for Vasco until they scored one. Biggrin

We go up 0-1, then get one of our guys sent off for nothing, the ball hit his shoulder and the corrupt fucko called a PK and a red card. Justice sometimes prevails and the PK was missed, but we're down to ten men, and they can't score against us so he kept calling PK's until they put one in. lol!
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:44 pm

PuroReturns wrote:
    Mongrel Hawk wrote:Yeh, Puro. Brazil now wants another guy to deal with. But I'm not worried about it. I'm worried about today's game against Nacional Querido!

Very good game! Ramírez must play at some point if we are to beat the Yoruguas. I'm also looking forward to the Santos vs. Inter, Boca vs. Flu matches as well.

My Alianza Lima were robbed last night FFS! The Argie cocksucker kept calling PK's for Vasco until they scored one. Biggrin

We go up 0-1, then get one of our guys sent off for nothing, the ball hit his shoulder and the corrupt fucko called a PK and a red card. Justice sometimes prevails and the PK was missed, but we're down to ten men, and they can't score against us so he kept calling PK's until they put one in. lol!

It's a pity you didn't beat those Vasco c**ts.

I can't decide what to think about Santos-Inter. I hate both. And I hope Boca beats Flu. Man, I hate 90% of Brazilian teams.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Cubillas and Peru’s golden decade

The 1970s were a cataclysmic decade for South American
    football. World Cup triumphs for Brazil and Argentina went some way to
    masking the huge stylistic changes that were enforced upon the
    continent’s national teams by tactical development in Europe.

Brazil’s seminal class of ‘70 are often eulogised as the best side to
    ever step onto a football field whilst Menotti’s high-tempo version of
    the traditional Argentine passing game saw the host nation (literally)
    brought up to speed with developments in the European game.

Between these two triumphs came a transitional for the traditional
    powers, with the most notable lesson coming at the 1974 World Cup in
    West Germany where the pace and fluidity of Total Football made even
    Brazil realise that fundamental change was necessary. The decade also
    saw an unlikely golden period for one of the continent’s perennial
    also-rans.

For most, the Peruvian side of the 1970s conjures up memories of its
    alleged collusion with the Argentine military junta at the 1978 World
    Cup (they capitulated 6-0 to Argentina in a game Argentina needed to win
    by 4 clear goals). Another abiding memory (particularly for Scottish
    fans Peru to gift Holland the WC afterall!  F_grr ) was the sublime outside of the boot free-kick by Teófilo Cubillas.
    The Peruvian’s moment of inspiration set the tone for another uphill
    struggle for the Tartan Army and left Ally MacLeod’s infamous boast that
    his team would win the World Cup then retain it look rather hollow. The
    rest of the Scottish campaign would pan out in familiar fashion, from
    the downright dreadful 1-1 draw with Iran, to the traditional glorious
    failure overcoming an excellent Holland side 3-2 with Archie Gemmill’s
    solo strike (immortalised in Irvine Welsh’s Trainspotting) proving
    decisive.

Our collective memory of old games, of course is often limited to
    major moments in games or to what we want to remember: a few seconds of
    genius, like the Cubillas free-kick, or the Gemmill wonder-strike, and
    failing that it tends to be distorted by petty nationalism, personal
    bias or bombastic media exaggeration of events.

The Peruvian side of the 70s, perhaps owing to their lack of success
    before and after, are subject to the latter tendency. Media hyperbole in
    their homeland has contributed to making them untouchables, elevated to
    legend status as an example of how the game should be played thus
    extrapolating fact from myth becomes increasingly difficult.

Fortunately for them, they left irrefutable evidence of their calibre
    in the 1975 Copa America triumph, defeating Brazil in Belo Horizonte
    along the way before finally despatching Colombia in the final at the
    3rd attempt in a play-off game, bizarrely played in the then football
    backwater of Caracas, Venezuela.

The exploits of the 1970s Peruvian national team at the World Cup and
    in the Copa America both came at difficult moments for the impoverished
    Peruvian people.

Just days before the 1970 World Cup Peru suffered a devastating
    earthquake that left some 70,000 people dead and over a million
    homeless. Cubillas, in an interview years later, spoke of how he felt
    that, though trivial by comparison to the 1970 tragedy, he and his
    team-mates felt that they had, at least, done something to raise the
    spirits of his people in their darkest hour.

The Peruvian side qualified for Mexico ’70 by eliminating the
    Argentines in their own backyard and after cruising through the group
    stage went down 4-2 in an exhilarating showdown with neighbours Brazil.
    They proved it was no fluke in Argentina ’78 gaining a hugely creditable
    draw with finalists Holland on the way to the qualification for the
    second group phase, where they strangely capitulated against the hosts.
    On each occasion they reached the last eight and even the notoriously
    cynical Peruvian media had to concede that the team’s performance had
    been a success.

In the year of the 1975 Copa America triumph Peru played against the backdrop of a right-wing military coup known as El Tacnazo (so
    named as it occurred in the Southern City of Tacna) with human rights
    looking more fragile by the day and spiralling political instability
    that would wind up in the emergence of a hugely contentious Maoist
    Guerrilla insurgency, Sendero Luminoso (Shining Path) by the end of the
    decade. The Peruvian side gave the nation something to be proud of on
    the international stage, and provided a much needed distraction from
    events in their homeland.

In the 1970s Peru had a collection of players genuinely capable of
    not only beating anyone on their day, but matching anyone in the style
    stakes too, with their eye-catching, imaginative one-touch football.
    Indeed the 3-1 victory over Brazil in the 1975 Copa America was achieved
    not with the negative style many have employed to neutralise the
    Verde-Amarelo, but ‘fighting fire with fire’ taking the game to the
    world’s most emblematic football nation.

Peru’s midfield was touted as being the best in the world at the time
    with Hugo Sotil, who won a La Liga title in the same team as Johan
    Cruyff at Barcelona, Teofilo Cubillas, the country’s all-time leading
    goalscorer and most loved player and finally César Cueto, known as el
    poeta de la zurda, which literally translated would be the left-footed
    poet, but perhaps more idiomatically in equally nonsensical English
    footballing parlance might be something like ‘he of the cultured
    left-foot’ (an expression we often use in English, presumably to
    acknowledge that the foot was fully versed in all seven volumes of
    Proust’s À la recherche du temps perdu).

Allied to this assortment of flair players, the back line was ably marshalled by the man unpromisingly nicknamed el ciego (the
    blind man) so named on account of his acute myopia, (he wore contacts
    on the pitch, he was actually rather good) Juan Carlos Oblitas and El Capitán de America (America’s Captain, not to be confused with this Captain) Héctor Chumpitaz.

By the 1982 World Cup, held in Spain, the powers of the golden
    generation were beginning to dwindle. After a disappointing stalemate
    with Cameroon and a creditable 1-1 draw with eventual winners Italy,
    Peru were torn apart by the stylish and incisive Polish duo of Lato and
    Boniek losing 5-1 and sadly haven’t been seen at the tournament since.
    Cubillas remains to this day one of only two players who have scored 5
    goals at two different World Cups, the other being Miroslav Klose.

The fleeting nature of Peru’s success, one fears, can be linked to
    the desperate state of the country’s club game. It is no coincidence
    that none of Peru’s club sides has ever won the Copa Libertadores, and
    the country has only one Copa Sudamericana, won by provincial Cienciano
    as late as 2003.

The Peruvian League has been won three times in recent years by a
    university team that only formed in 2004. Universidad San Martin de
    Porres have recently pulled out of the Peruvian League in protest at the
    ineptitude of the Peruvian FA and the unchecked amassing of debts by
    the traditional big clubs like Alianza Lima.

The current travails in the financial administration of Peruvian club
    football go some way to explaining why youth development and Peru’s
    national team have been in stagnation for so long.

Cubillas, an increasingly influential figure in the Peruvian game,
    speaks highly of the technical level of the current Peruvian players,
    arguing that players like Farfan, Pizarro and Guerrero are every bit as
    good as their predecessors. However, surely the more pressing problem is
    the administration of the clubs, which has seen de-motivated players go
    unpaid for months and as an inevitable consequence the country’s clubs
    have become less competitive in continental competition.

Despite the complex panorama of Peruvian Football, Cubillas continues
    to repeat the comment he made the day he retired from the game, leaving
    no doubt about his national pride and summarising the spirit of his
    team:‘Si volviera a nacer volvería a jugar a la pelota, empezaría en
    el Alianza Lima y volvería a nacer en el Perú (If I could be live my
    life again I wouldn’t change anything, I’d be a footballer, I’d be
    Peruvian, and I’d start at Alianza Lima).’
    Peru’s golden generation more than merit their place in Latin American Football folklore.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/blogs/cubillas-and-perus-golden-decade
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:36 pm

People always forget that we also had a pretty good team in the 30's, the one that destroyed Hitler's team in his own house.

We also had a pretty good team in the late 50's that was KO from the WC by Brasil, 1-1 in Lima and lost 1-0 in Brasil by a free kick from a non foul. Perú and Brasil were the strongest teams in South America then, but Argie political maneuvers saw them get the 'easy' qualifiers group and Perú and Brasil together KO each other. Brasil went on to win the 1958 WC utterly destroying the opposition.

That same Perú team mopped the floor with England 4-1 (could've been a lot more grandpa said) and the Peruvian stars then went on to play for big clubs like Boca, River, Milan, Zaragoza (was a big club in Spain in the 50's).

We've been shite since Nicolás Delfino entered the FPF in the mid 80's. He's such a corrupt fucko along with his 'son' Manuel Burga, the current president of the FPF.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:49 pm

PuroReturns wrote:People always forget that we also had a pretty good team in the 30's, the one that destroyed Hitler's team in his own house.

We also had a pretty good team in the late 50's that was KO from the WC by Brasil, 1-1 in Lima and lost 1-0 in Brasil by a free kick from a non foul. Perú and Brasil were the strongest teams in South America then, but Argie political maneuvers saw them get the 'easy' qualifiers group and Perú and Brasil together KO each other. Brasil went on to win the 1958 WC utterly destroying the opposition.

That same Perú team mopped the floor with England 4-1 (could've been a lot more grandpa said) and the Peruvian stars then went on to play for big clubs like Boca, River, Milan, Zaragoza (was a big club in Spain in the 50's).

Yes, weird how people forget about football in the 1930s lol!

And whining about a dodgy free kick in a qualifier in the 1950s. I'm sure Peru would've gone on to win the World Cup in '58 if only for that one decision Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:09 pm