Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Isco Benny
ERIK LAMELA
Puro
mongrel hawk
8 posters

Gracias, Perú!

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Gracias, Perú! Empty Gracias, Perú!

Post by mongrel hawk Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:18 am

Gracias, Perú!

Somos todos campeones!

Corinthians thanks Peru in their official Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=484427564929774&set=a.142951809077353.14362.132769576762243&type=1&theater

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Gracias, Perú! Empty Re: Gracias, Perú!

Post by Puro Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Very good gesture by Corinthians. Those two Guerrero goals were immense for winning the CLUB WORLD CUP!!! Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop

My cousin told me it's insane over there.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Puro wrote:Very good gesture by Corinthians. Those two Guerrero goals were immense for winning the CLUB WORLD CUP!!! Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop

Puro, the game was at 8:30 AM here. On Saturday night, I bought a bottle of vodka in the liquor store and then went to the next favela to buy a big amount of good Bolivian white. I spent the night drinking (Bolivian white didn't let me sleep, naturally)and was reasonably drunk during the game. After the game, my vodka had finished and the city broke loose. I live next to the main avenue in São Paulo (av. Paulista). I put on my black Corinthians jersey and went there with my wife to celebrate and drink more. It looked like Carnaval: samba, drinking, supporters chanting like in the stadium, the cars horning like hell with Corinthians flags waving. The transit had to be blocked, and I could see the dispair of the posh São Paulo fans stuck amid the Corinthians working class mass inside their cars.

I'm on holiday until next year, and tomorrow I'll travel by plane through the same airport where Corinthians will arrive. I'll have the chance to see them coming!

Guerrero will be forever inside our hearts. His name is in Corinthians history alongside the likes of Gilmar (WCs 1958/1962 keeper), Rivelino, Sócrates and Ronaldo. I saw among the crowd yesterday some kids with Guerrero's haircut, probably done just after the final.

Viva o Guerrero Inca!

Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Todo, I'm going to Brasil to eliminate England in the group stage and come on top of the Dutchies in our group. Then we'll see what happens in KO stages.

How'bout them Corinthianos!!!

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Puro, that was in the headquarters of the Gaviões da Fiel, Corinthians ultras biggest firm, that has more than 50 thousand associates). Many of them were in Japan. You can see their big banners in the video above. Now see them invading the airport to scort the team to Japan. Guerrero said he had never seen something like this before:

Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:32 am

One can only imagine how the airport will be when the team return in nine hours or so. Todo, the NY-Miami connection just told me Milan want Guerrero. They're giving you Pato plus cash. scratch
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:23 am

Puro wrote:One can only imagine how the airport will be when the team return in nine hours or so. Todo, the NY-Miami connection just told me Milan want Guerrero. They're giving you Pato plus cash. scratch

If Corinthians do this it will be a mistake. But I doubt it. Yeh, Corinthians are looking for Pato, but I don't think they will want to sell Guerrero. He's a myth!

It seems Corinthians will be taken from the plane directly to an arranged place in the city for a party, so people won't be able to see the team in the airport. I guess they are afraid of what may happen there. 2 players will miss it: Guerrero, who stayed in Germany to solve personal problems, and Paulo André, who stayed with his family in Hapan to enjoy his holidays.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:20 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
    If Corinthians do this it will be a mistake. But I doubt it. Yeh, Corinthians are looking for Pato, but I don't think they will want to sell Guerrero. He's a myth!

It seems Corinthians will be taken from the plane directly to an arranged place in the city for a party, so people won't be able to see the team in the airport. I guess they are afraid of what may happen there. 2 players will miss it: Guerrero, who stayed in Germany to solve personal problems, and Paulo André, who stayed with his family in Hapan to enjoy his holidays.

In our languages, a footballer may be a 'mito', but if you want to translate that into English use 'legend'. English is awkward and sometimes backwards from a Latin perspective.

You see, a 'myth' is someone like Rooney, a manufactured story by the English media which became a false collective belief over there and in Asia. "Rooney is world class", that's a myth. They -English media- say a bunch of lies agreed upon and then brainwash their population... "EPL's the best league in the world" etc. etc. etc.

In the English language, a 'legend' is Socrates and the other players you mentioned. <Ale>
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:08 am

PERÚ!
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Puro wrote:
    Mongrel Hawk wrote:

In our languages, a footballer may be a 'mito', but if you want to translate that into English use 'legend'. English is awkward and sometimes backwards from a Latin perspective.

You see, a 'myth' is someone like Rooney, a manufactured story by the English media which became a false collective belief over there and in Asia. "Rooney is world class", that's a myth. They -English media- say a bunch of lies agreed upon and then brainwash their population... "EPL's the best league in the world" etc. etc. etc.

In the English language, a 'legend' is Socrates and the other players you mentioned. <Ale>

Thanks for the explanation, Puro. Always nice to learn the subtleties of the English language. Ale
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:30 pm

By the way, I didn't go earlier to the airport cause the party there was blocked. The party will be in the East End, Corinthians zone.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Isn't there a south American forum you two can hook up on and perform this public circle jerk in your own superior Latino language? scratch
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Isn't there a south American forum you two can hook up on and perform this public circle jerk in your own superior Latino language? scratch

Let them have their fun. Did you know that Wales has won the EPL more than any other country, through ryan giggs (manu's best ever player). When you are a small country that never amounts to much you have to really suck as much as you can out of any success.
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:59 pm

110% wrote:
    Disco Benny wrote:Isn't there a south American forum you two can hook up on and perform this public circle jerk in your own superior Latino language? scratch

Let them have their fun. Did you know that Wales has won the EPL more than any other country, through ryan giggs (manu's best ever player). When you are a small country that never amounts to much you have to really suck as much as you can out of any success.

1. South America is not a country.
    2. If you are referring to Brazil only, they are the most successful international side in world football.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Gaucho Spur wrote:
    110% wrote:

2. If you are referring to Brazil only, they are the most successful international side in world football.

This is a clue to what I was referring to:

Gaucho Spur wrote:PERÚ!

I was saying that Peru is like Wales, but with less sheep
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:56 pm

110% wrote:
    Gaucho Spur wrote:
    110% wrote:

This is a clue to what I was referring to:

Gaucho Spur wrote:PERÚ!

I was saying that Peru is like Wales, but with less sheep

Except you were replying to Bernd's comment which dealt with the Corinthians and "South America > Europe" wind-ups.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 am

Puro wrote:
    Mongrel Hawk wrote:

Are French and German also backward languages for using the "legend" rather than "myth" equivalent in this context?
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Well those Maya people were full of shit.

Typical latin americans. Though perhaps it's mañana. You never know with them.
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Fey wrote:Well those Maya people were full of shit.

No, no. Evil colonising EUROPEANS miscalculated the date:

http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/weltuntergang132.html
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Gaucho Spur wrote:
    Fey wrote:Well those Maya people were full of shit.

No, no. Evil colonising EUROPEANS miscalculated the date:

http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/weltuntergang132.html

Er no!

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/425471_478717468845352_2057670580_n.png
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:08 am

Todo, I'm sorry we knocked you out. I wanted the game to finish 2-2 so that Brasil can also join us in the next round. Even at 1-1 you had the chance of a coin flip with Ecuador. Sad
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Puro wrote:Todo, I'm sorry we knocked you out. I wanted the game to finish 2-2 so that Brasil can also join us in the next round. Even at 1-1 you had the chance of a coin flip with Ecuador. Sad

Puro, I don't support Brazil. I cheer or not for Brazil depending on the context. Contrary to most Brazilians, I always cheer for South American national teams, including Argentina.

Wish you success in this cup.

My football team is Corinthians. End of the story.
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
    Puro wrote:Very good gesture by Corinthians. Those two Guerrero goals were immense for winning the CLUB WORLD CUP!!! Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop

Puro, the game was at 8:30 AM here. On Saturday night, I bought a bottle of vodka in the liquor store and then went to the next favela to buy a big amount of good Bolivian white. I spent the night drinking (Bolivian white didn't let me sleep, naturally)and was reasonably drunk during the game. After the game, my vodka had finished and the city broke loose. I live next to the main avenue in São Paulo (av. Paulista). I put on my black Corinthians jersey and went there with my wife to celebrate and drink more. It looked like Carnaval: samba, drinking, supporters chanting like in the stadium, the cars horning like hell with Corinthians flags waving. The transit had to be blocked, and I could see the dispair of the posh São Paulo fans stuck amid the Corinthians working class mass inside their cars.

I'm on holiday until next year, and tomorrow I'll travel by plane through the same airport where Corinthians will arrive. I'll have the chance to see them coming!

Guerrero will be forever inside our hearts. His name is in Corinthians history alongside the likes of Gilmar (WCs 1958/1962 keeper), Rivelino, Sócrates and Ronaldo. I saw among the crowd yesterday some kids with Guerrero's haircut, probably done just after the final.

Viva o Guerrero Inca!

!!!

Only just saw this. What a tough guy! You're lucky to have made it out alive, Todito!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:59 pm