Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Fade out
Deluded F*ck™
Fey
Pierre Littbarski
Jaime
Murray
The Easter Bunny
Hlebagone
TheCrazy58
worms.
debaser
Sheffield gunner
christmasborocooper
Isco Benny
fcb
19 posters

Villas-Boas sacked!

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Villas-Boas sacked! Empty Villas-Boas sacked!

Post by fcb Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:39 pm

That was quick!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Villas-Boas sacked! Empty Re: Villas-Boas sacked!

Post by Isco Benny Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:41 pm

What a joke.

I'd have him at Spurs when Redknapp leaves Ale
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Was bound to happen after yesterday. It couldnt go on and Abramovic is obviously too matey with the players..so hey ho. He had done a fairly poor job so far.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:45 pm

They've made Di Matteo manager until the end of the season scratch

Better than panic-appointing Rafa Benitez I suppose, but will Di Matteo really get more out of LampardTerryColeDrogbaCech FC than AVB was doing?

Last edited by fcb on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:46 pm

lol!

Deary me.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Copying over my post from the Chelsea thread yesterday:

fcb wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    fcb wrote:Chelsea need at least 5-6 new signings. 3 as first team starters, and some more to bolster the squad unless they have some youngsters who AVB is willing to give a chance.

GK: Cech, Turnbull, Hilario

RB: new signing, Ivanovic

CB: Terry, Luiz

CB: Cahill, new signing

LB: Cole, Bertrand

DM: Romeu, Ramires

CM: Essien, Meireles, McEachran

AM: Modric/Sneijder, , Lucas

RF: Sturridge, new signing

CF: Cavani, Lukaku

LF: Mata, new signing

Sell/release/loan: Bosingwa, Ferreira, Torres, Drogba, Mikel, Kalou, Malouda, Lampard

I have no idea how they'll do this and still meet FFP regulations though.

I don't really think Modric or Sneijder will go if they are playing Europa League. Besides, they can easily play Mata in the hole rather than out wide. Plus you they could play Sturridge centrally imo. So look for some dynamic wide players and a decent ball playing CM to partner Romeu.

I forgot about Hulk, who AVB has admitted is on their shortlist. Swap Sturridge to CF and put Hulk in for Cavani, but on the right side of attack.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:50 pm

Surely now is the time to appoint Terry-Lampard dual player-managers. They act as if they run everything anyway, and maybe then we would finally stop seeing 'a Chelsea source has exclusively revealed to the Sun...' articles every time the manager has the temerity not to fall to knees in genuflection to a 34 year old footballer.

To a cabal of the 'strong characters' in the dressing room. Ale

Last edited by Sheffield gunner on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:50 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Surely now is the time to appoint Terry-Lampard dual player-managers. They act as if they run everything anyway, and maybe then we would finally stop seeing 'a Chelsea source has exclusively revealed to the Sun...' articles every time the manager has the temerity not to fall to knees in genuflection to a 34 year old footballer.

And Drogba and Cole too. For years this group has been running the club. They can talk the talk, let's see if they can walk the walk ok
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:51 pm

He gets sacked but McLeish lumbers on No
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:54 pm

fcb wrote:Copying over my post from the Chelsea thread yesterday:

fcb wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    fcb wrote:Chelsea need at least 5-6 new signings. 3 as first team starters, and some more to bolster the squad unless they have some youngsters who AVB is willing to give a chance.

GK: Cech, Turnbull, Hilario

RB: new signing, Ivanovic

CB: Terry, Luiz

CB: Cahill, new signing

LB: Cole, Bertrand

DM: Romeu, Ramires

CM: Essien, Meireles, McEachran

AM: Modric/Sneijder, , Lucas

RF: Sturridge, new signing

CF: Cavani, Lukaku

LF: Mata, new signing

Sell/release/loan: Bosingwa, Ferreira, Torres, Drogba, Mikel, Kalou, Malouda, Lampard

I have no idea how they'll do this and still meet FFP regulations though.

I don't really think Modric or Sneijder will go if they are playing Europa League. Besides, they can easily play Mata in the hole rather than out wide. Plus you they could play Sturridge centrally imo. So look for some dynamic wide players and a decent ball playing CM to partner Romeu.

I forgot about Hulk, who AVB has admitted is on their shortlist. Swap Sturridge to CF and put Hulk in for Cavani, but on the right side of attack.

Dont you have to pay something mental like £80m to get Hulk? Surely the most ridiculous fee ever..he's not worth £20m, nevermind £80m.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Surely now is the time to appoint Terry-Lampard dual player-managers. They act as if they run everything anyway, and maybe then we would finally stop seeing 'a Chelsea source has exclusively revealed to the Sun...' articles every time the manager has the temerity not to fall to knees in genuflection to a 34 year old footballer.

To a cabal of the 'strong characters' in the dressing room. Ale

Laughing Whilst I'm not so sure it's as black and white as that, it's still not wide of the mark.

AVB didn't help himself though with what appeared to be building a Portugues speaking faction within the club.

It's an English club, like it or not. And there are ways of phasing out the old guard without causing fractions in the dressing room, which is what happened.

Besides, Abramovic has more control at Chelsea than I imagine even the manager or players have, so it's he who has to decide which is more beneficial to the club. If he were firmer Daniel Levy type he'd have shipped out Lampard / Terry / Cole/ Drogba a long time ago, not least because financially they are a burden whilst being clearly past their peak.

fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:57 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Dont you have to pay something mental like £80m to get Hulk? Surely the most ridiculous fee ever..he's not worth £20m, nevermind £80m.

That's his buyout clause, but they won't necessarily sell him for that much. If Chelsea can convince the player to leave, then Porto will be forced to negotiate.
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:59 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

cheers

Last edited by The Blackest Lie on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:59 pm

If I was a Chelsea supporter I'd be bitterly disappointed. This reiterates the fact you are at the mercy of a man who has no idea how to run a football club. What is the point of sacking AVB and then having di Matteo as an interim manager? And it's a hollow victory for Terry-Lumpard-Drog- etc knowing whoever will come in in June will start off by throwing them out.
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:04 pm

I agree with borocooper, Hulk is better at self-promotion than he is at football. I don't think he is good enough to be a permanent replacement for what Drogba offered over the years. Abramovich needs to invest heavily to replace the core of players who have been there for the last 6/7 years and who are ageing now, but his short-termism is severely problematic for this. A gradual process would have been achievable in recent years if only there hadn't been so much chopping and changing in the managerial staff. If he can invest in a blueprint for revitalising this team, and allows someone the freedom to re-invent the style of this Chelsea team they will be back up at the top. It's unlikely that he will though, because he demands instant success and self-interested parties need to be placated even though they're not part of Chelsea's future. Abramovich deserves this mess for his meddling.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:05 pm

I think it was always going to be tough for Villa-Boas because of the age thing. When you're the same age as the players, hard to have same level of authority. He needed to bring through a young team, but when all the guard are still around that is difficult.

I guess they would have got Hiddink in again if he hadn't just taken that job in Russia.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:08 pm

So who next? I doubt if Maureen would be stupid enough to take them on again, especially in the mess they are in now. Ditto Guardiola. Benitez, and the guy from Dortmund maybe?
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Bring back Hiddink? If they can get him to quit that Russian club in the summer.
    worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:I agree with borocooper, Hulk is better at self-promotion than he is at football. I don't think he is good enough to be a permanent replacement for what Drogba offered over the years. Abramovich needs to invest heavily to replace the core of players who have been there for the last 6/7 years and who are ageing now, but his short-termism is severely problematic for this. A gradual process would have been achievable in recent years if only there hadn't been so much chopping and changing in the managerial staff. If he can invest in a blueprint for revitalising this team, and allows someone the freedom to re-invent the style of this Chelsea team they will be back up at the top. It's unlikely that he will though, because he demands instant success and self-interested parties need to be placated even though they're not part of Chelsea's future. Abramovich deserves this mess for his meddling.

Why are you comparing Hulk to a striker ? confused

Last edited by The Blackest Lie on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:12 pm

debaser wrote:Bring back Hiddink? If they can get him to quit that Russian club in the summer.

If Moneybags wanted him he wouldn't have let Hiddink take that job in the first place surely.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Whilst as Debaser mentions, the age thing can hardly help, his replacement is 41. They've hardly put that issued to bed.

Frank "model professional Lampard. Neutral

Torres transfer has really ruined Chelsea, far beyond the fact that he isn't very good.
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:14 pm

You'd have him playing from the right wing?

Whenever I've seen him play against Arsenal in previous years he's tended to play up through the middle more from what I remember. In any case, Chelsea have a decent enough player for that position, but are in desperate need of a central striker (or two), so I wouldn't go for him anyway.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:16 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:
    debaser wrote:Bring back Hiddink? If they can get him to quit that Russian club in the summer.

If Moneybags wanted him he wouldn't have let Hiddink take that job in the first place surely.

Anzhi have an owner in the same ballpark of wealth as Abramovich.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:20 pm

debaser wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:

Yes but Moneybag's boss can invade Anzhi if he wanted Very Happy
    worms.

Post by worms. Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:You'd have him playing from the right wing?

Whenever I've seen him play against Arsenal in previous years he's tended to play up through the middle more from what I remember. In any case, Chelsea have a decent enough player for that position, but are in desperate need of a central striker (or two), so I wouldn't go for him anyway.

Hulks best position is as a winger,preferably on the right so he can cut in on his left foot.Because Porto sold Falcao last year and didn't get a good enough replacement they have had to play Hulk up front a lot where he has been average.

If your going to pay £30 Million for Hulk it would probably be worth it but only if you play him as a winger because he's wasted playing as a striker.
    worms.

Post by worms. Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:28 pm

Anzhi are much richer than Abramovic.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:29 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:
    debaser wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:

Yes but Moneybag's boss can invade Anzhi if he wanted Very Happy

Kerimov is just as bad http://rumafia.com/person.php?id=62
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:59 pm

lol! lol! lol!

Abramovich really is an idiot, he should never have fired Ancelotti.

Why doesn't he make himself the manager?
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:52 pm

I thought the players hated Di Matteo too? scratch
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:09 pm

That's why this is a stupid decision.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:25 am