Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Fade out
Glenarch of the Glen
The Easter Bunny
Deluded F*ck™
Bashmachkin
Kimbo
Kroos
gone
bluenine
Hlebagone
Pras_tama
messiah
worms.
110%
EMP
S4P
Cristiano
Jaime
22 posters

All-Time XI

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

All-Time XI - Page 2 Empty Re: All-Time XI

Post by worms. Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:28 am

bluenine wrote:Azzurri XI:

Buffon
    Zambrotta - Baresi - Nesta - Maldini
    Pirlo - Tardelli
    Giannini
    Baggio
    Vieri - P Rossi

GK: Zenga, Pagluica, Zoff, Toldo
    Def: Scirea, Bergomi, Cannavaro, Gentile, Cabrini
    Mid: Gattuso, Donadoni, Dino Baggio, Albertini, De Rossi
    Str: Altobelli, Del Piero, Totti, Inzaghi

I agree with this,the only 2 I haven't really watched play are Tardellit and Giannini so I will take your word for it.Because of this I would pick Totti,excellant in the 2002 and 2006 world cups and he was easily man of the match in the Euro 2000 final and would have won them it if it weren't for Del Piero,he totally outplayed Zidane who was anonymous but this get ignored because according to the media Zidane was untouchable and is a top 5 player in history Rolling Eyes

Cannavaro might feel a little hard done by as well,I have no doubts that Nesta is the better defender out of the two but Cannavaro had a great World Cup and was player of the tournament,unfortunetly Nesta missed all of the knockout stages because of an injury he picked up in the last group game.Then again it was Cannavaros brain fart which led to Wiltords equaliser in the Euro 2000 final.
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:50 am

bluenine wrote:
    Bogdan Stancu wrote:Some for me, only players I saw play.

-------Dida
    Cafu-Baresi-Costacurta-Maldini
    Boban--Rijkaard--Gullit
    ---------Kaka
    van Basten - Sheva

I know it's too offensive and no Savicevic, JP Papin, Desailly, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Pirlo, etc.

I am more surprised by Billy over Nesta... I never rated Costacurta that much, the only reason he made the Azzurri line up over someone like Ciro Ferrara was coz of his understanding with Baresi & Maldini.

It's close but I think Billy did much more for Milan than Nesta.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:43 am

Bogdan Stancu wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    Bogdan Stancu wrote:Some for me, only players I saw play.

-------Dida
    Cafu-Baresi-Costacurta-Maldini
    Boban--Rijkaard--Gullit
    ---------Kaka
    van Basten - Sheva

I know it's too offensive and no Savicevic, JP Papin, Desailly, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Pirlo, etc.

I am more surprised by Billy over Nesta... I never rated Costacurta that much, the only reason he made the Azzurri line up over someone like Ciro Ferrara was coz of his understanding with Baresi & Maldini.

It's close but I think Billy did much more for Milan than Nesta.

Fair enough. IMO Nesta has been with Milan long enough for his contribution to be significant as well, and while he hasn't played as much as Billy, he is twice the player.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:05 am

worms wrote:

Buffon
    Pirlo - Tardelli
    Giannini
    Baggio
    Vieri - P Rossi

I agree with this,the only 2 I haven't really watched play are Tardellit and Giannini so I will take your word for it.Because of this I would pick Totti,excellant in the 2002 and 2006 world cups and he was easily man of the match in the Euro 2000 final and would have won them it if it weren't for Del Piero,he totally outplayed Zidane who was anonymous but this get ignored because according to the media Zidane was untouchable and is a top 5 player in history Rolling Eyes

Cannavaro might feel a little hard done by as well,I have no doubts that Nesta is the better defender out of the two but Cannavaro had a great World Cup and was player of the tournament,unfortunetly Nesta missed all of the knockout stages because of an injury he picked up in the last group game.Then again it was Cannavaros brain fart which led to Wiltords equaliser in the Euro 2000 final.

I guess I should explain some of my choices a bit...

GK: I believe Buffon is the best GK Italy ever had, even better than Zoff - though admittedly, I only caught the last bit of Zoff's career, and remember little of him apart from historic clips/video's. Buffon may well end up as the best GK in the history of football for his consistency & longevity, though his loyalty to Juve post calciopoli might hamper that claim...

Defence: These 4 pick themselves, even though its a bit unfair on Cannavaro & Bergomi. Zambrotta wasn't in the same class as the other 3 even at his best, and only sneaks in coz Italy has lacked a true great at RB in recent times. There is no doubt that Cannavaro deserves a place in that line up over Zambrotta, if you forget their roles.

Midfield: Though that wasn't a real DM role those days, I remember Tardelli as the hard midfielder not afraid of making tough challenges. He edges Gatttuso, Dino Baggio and De Rossi IMO, though perhaps De Rossi will soon become more deserving if his future displays win anything for the Azzurri.

Pirlo walks into the team... The likes of Albertini & Berti don't even come close. I went for an AM, instead of wingers, and hence Giannini over Donadoni, though I admired both players equally. Totti may be a bigger legend than Giannini for club & country, but he hasn't been a true AM for a long time. Including him along with 3 other strikers would just not be the Italian way.

Baggio supersedes Totti, DP, Mancini, & Zola as the "fantasista playing in the hole between the 2 strikers". It was so tough to choose between Vieri & P Rossi, that I included both of them. Vieri is the best Italian CF I have ever seen, but Rossi made his goals count more.

All in all, I completely agree with you - Totti & Cannavaro deserve to be on that lineup. Lets just say, they have been dropped for "tactical reasons". Italy had slightly better players for their exact role (Baresi/Nesta and Baggio) and accommodating them elsewhere would just not be the Italian way... Smile
    worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:26 am

bluenine wrote:
    worms wrote:

Buffon
    Pirlo - Tardelli
    Giannini
    Baggio
    Vieri - P Rossi

I guess I should explain some of my choices a bit...

GK: I believe Buffon is the best GK Italy ever had, even better than Zoff - though admittedly, I only caught the last bit of Zoff's career, and remember little of him apart from historic clips/video's. Buffon may well end up as the best GK in the history of football for his consistency & longevity, though his loyalty to Juve post calciopoli might hamper that claim...

Defence: These 4 pick themselves, even though its a bit unfair on Cannavaro & Bergomi. Zambrotta wasn't in the same class as the other 3 even at his best, and only sneaks in coz Italy has lacked a true great at RB in recent times. There is no doubt that Cannavaro deserves a place in that line up over Zambrotta, if you forget their roles.

Midfield: Though that wasn't a real DM role those days, I remember Tardelli as the hard midfielder not afraid of making tough challenges. He edges Gatttuso, Dino Baggio and De Rossi IMO, though perhaps De Rossi will soon become more deserving if his future displays win anything for the Azzurri.

Pirlo walks into the team... The likes of Albertini & Berti don't even come close. I went for an AM, instead of wingers, and hence Giannini over Donadoni, though I admired both players equally. Totti may be a bigger legend than Giannini for club & country, but he hasn't been a true AM for a long time. Including him along with 3 other strikers would just not be the Italian way.

Baggio supersedes Totti, DP, Mancini, & Zola as the "fantasista playing in the hole between the 2 strikers". It was so tough to choose between Vieri & P Rossi, that I included both of them. Vieri is the best Italian CF I have ever seen, but Rossi made his goals count more.

All in all, I completely agree with you - Totti & Cannavaro deserve to be on that lineup. Lets just say, they have been dropped for "tactical reasons". Italy had slightly better players for their exact role (Baresi/Nesta and Baggio) and accommodating them elsewhere would just not be the Italian way... Smile

I agree as much as I love Totti Di Baggio is probably the best Italian player ever,really underrated,when people list their top 5 or 10 greatest players ever he hardly gets a mention,at least by most mainstream football fans who gets their opinions from the media and football pundits.

As I have said before Zidane is a classic example of a player being overrated,because he scored important goals in finals and was generally a big game player(deserves credit for that) he was less talented and far less consistent than the likes of Baggio.Zidanes goal and assist record for a Attacking midfielder is average for his caliber of player.Another reason why he's overrated is how he got the Baloon d or for 98 mostly because he scored 2 goals in the final,apart from them goals he hardly done anything in that world cup.In 06 he had a great game against Brazil,apart from that he weren't one of the best players in the tournament.

Rui Costa was just as good as Zidane,some will say better but the modern football fan might remember his name and the fact he played for Milan...but that's it.
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:59 pm

So who do you think deserved that ballon d'or 98 apart from Zidane?

I don't know what you're smoking when you say Rui Costa was as good as Zidane if not better Smile I will always remember Rui Costa as a lazy player. When he got the ball, he was just trying to pass it, nothing else, while Zidane at least tried to beat his man and sometimes he did it elegantly
    worms.

Post by worms. Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Pras_tama wrote:So who do you think deserved that ballon d'or 98 apart from Zidane?

I don't know what you're smoking when you say Rui Costa was as good as Zidane if not better Smile I will always remember Rui Costa as a lazy player. When he got the ball, he was just trying to pass it, nothing else, while Zidane at least tried to beat his man and sometimes he did it elegantly

Ronaldo.

Zidane was a lazy player as well and did you watch Rui Costa at Florientina? He was fantastico,just as good as Zidane I reckon.
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:37 pm

worms wrote:
    Pras_tama wrote:So who do you think deserved that ballon d'or 98 apart from Zidane?

Ronaldo.

Zidane was a lazy player as well and did you watch Rui Costa at Florientina? He was fantastico,just as good as Zidane I reckon.

Nah, I'd pick Zidane's bald brainpan over everything Rui Costa had at anyday
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Actually Pras, its not as ridiculous a comparison as you would think, apart from the fact that Rui could also play as a deep lying playmaker. In Serie A in the 90s, Rui Costa was generally regarded as a better trequartista than Zidane. Zidane achieved more for his country and then later with Real, while Rui & his Portuguese "golden generation" failed at the international level... so history books will (rightly) call Zidane the greater player. But in the 90s, Rui was generally regarded as the better player, and as I am sure you know, he is by far the most expensive player Milan have ever bought, for a reason. One of the most gifted players of his generation...

Though I do not agree with worms that Zidane is over rated, he was a genius. But I guess its more of a case of Rui Costa being a bit under appreciated.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuXoDVPDpz0

Reina
    Jones Henchoz Hyppia Enrique
    Whelan Hamann
    Beardsley Gerrard Barnes
    Rush

we have had some pieces of work at left full-back down the years.

Dicks Ale
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Ban Worms please..
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Kroos wrote:-------------kahn

sagnol-loddar-linke-lizarazu

-----schweini-effe
    basler-------------scholl
    ---------elber
    ----------roy

my personal favourite team

Yikes scratch

What happened Kroos? Have I converted you? Blush

And wot no Kroos/Deisler Razz
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Fade out wrote:Ban Worms please..

Ale

At least kas had the good grace to be joking (a little) with his "Iniesta is better than Zidane" thread...
    worms.

Post by worms. Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:24 pm

bluenine wrote:

Actually Pras, its not as ridiculous a comparison as you would think, apart from the fact that Rui could also play as a deep lying playmaker. In Serie A in the 90s, Rui Costa was generally regarded as a better trequartista than Zidane. Zidane achieved more for his country and then later with Real, while Rui & his Portuguese "golden generation" failed at the international level... so history books will (rightly) call Zidane the greater player. But in the 90s, Rui was generally regarded as the better player, and as I am sure you know, he is by far the most expensive player Milan have ever bought, for a reason. One of the most gifted players of his generation...

Though I do not agree with worms that Zidane is over rated, he was a genius. But I guess its more of a case of Rui Costa being a bit under appreciated.

Exactly Zidane might have had a more successful career but many people who watched Series A in the 90's think Rui Costa was a more talented/better player including me.

Last edited by worms on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    worms.

Post by worms. Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
    Fade out wrote:Ban Worms please..

Ale

At least kas had the good grace to be joking (a little) with his "Iniesta is better than Zidane" thread...

I guess you guys think Zidane was as good as Baggio as well? Laughing

I'm not sure about Iniesta but Xavi is better than Zidane IMO....and yes I know they don't play in the same position.

Last edited by worms on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:28 pm

You're dead to me.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Silly little Frenchies. Once we learn Russian, Basque, Uruguayan and Neapolitan dialect we will have a far deeper understanding of the true nature of glorious fußball innit.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:Silly little Frenchies. Once we learn Russian, Basque, Uruguayan and Neapolitan dialect we will have a far deeper understanding of the true nature of glorious fußball innit.
    cheers

Missed your utterly Teutonic, deadpan, refined sense of humor. Smiley
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:42 pm

worms wrote:
    bluenine wrote:

Exactly Zidane might have had a more successful career but many people who watched Series A in the 90's think Rui Costa was a more talented/better player including me.

How much football did you watch in the 90s? Aren't you 19?
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Fade out wrote:
    Allez les rouges wrote:Silly little Frenchies. Once we learn Russian, Basque, Uruguayan and Neapolitan dialect we will have a far deeper understanding of the true nature of glorious fußball innit.
    cheers

Missed your utterly Teutonic, deadpan, refined sense of humor. Smiley

Smile Ale

Congrats on t'other day by the way. I noticed this naughty little bit of controversy-stirring on the L'Équipe site...

"Debuchy, valbuena, giroud, lloris, menez, amalfitano maintenant et evra, sagna, cissé, anelka, henry, gallas avant....la différence ? bien pas de commentaires...puis comment voulez vous que des gars qui n'ont quasiment jamais connu le championnat français ou qui sont à l'étranger pour le pognon depuis des années défendent la france !!! D'ailleurs maintenant l'équipe de france gagne est ce un hazard ?"

Naughty naughty!!
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Ha! Did you watch the match in Bremen?
    worms.

Post by worms. Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:53 pm

This a copy and past job but it pretty much sums up why I think Zidane is overrated.

"Honestly Zidane is overrated and gets far too much praise.

How can a guy that reguarly gets called one of the greatest players ever, to some the greatest ever, who is a attacking midfielder/playmaker only have 128 goals in 681 games? Then I looked up his assists and found he only has around 100 in his career.

I admit he is a very skillful player and can be good to watch, but having good trickery doesn't always make you a good player. Go on youtube you'll find many people with good freestyle skills, doesn' that'd be great players. Most of zidane's tricks are just for show, he dances around in the midfield and entertains the crowd. But when it comes to fooball, it has little effect. Whereas somebody like Ronaldinho uses his tricks to have an actual effect on the game and trick his opposition.

I think through his trickery, the 2 goals in the 1998 wc final and the volley in the 2002 final he earned this legendary status. other than that he didnt do too much. the media, fifa and fans have mistakenly given him more praise than he deserves. I dont think he deserves to have 3 world player of the year awards, just one for 1998 for making the cl final and winning the world cup. in 2000 and 2003 it was his repuation than won it. france won euro and madrid won the league and there wasnt too much to choose from. they shouldve given it to raul and henry in those years.

also in the 2006 wc cannavaro shouldve won the golden ball, but zidanes reputation has won it for him again. fifa and the media have given him too much praise. he really didnt do much in 2006 wc, i know he did his usual dancing around in the midfield but it really didnt have much affect on the games. two of his goals were penalties and the other 1 was an easy counter attacking goal in he 90th minute because spain had all their men pushed up because they were a goal down. and he just made one assist from a free kick from a roberto carlos mistake saying that he single handedly carried for the wc final is bs. henry was the key player in for france, and they have many other great players that were more key, like two of the greatest DMs in makelele and viera, and two great wingers and ribery. same goes for 98, that france team was great all around, zidane was pretty absent until the final.

for madrid he didnt win that many trophies for them, how he is a madrid great idk. he didnt do anything in his last 3 years, they didnt win anyhing. i know ozil gets regularly compared to him, ozils goal scoring is similar, but ozil had 25 assists this season, that's amazing. zidane never had a season anywhere near that. real madrid only payed for him because he would be good for business because of this reputation built around him that he shouldnt have, he's good for selling merchandise and stuff. for football he didnt provide much, they started out well, but the first galaticos were pretty much a bit of a fail besides commercially. madrid already won 2 champions leagues in recent years before zidane came, so you cant say zidane made the difference besides in he cl final. juventus the same, their team had many great players in it like davids and del piero.

zidane is not one of the greatest of all time, and not the greatest of our generation. look at the past great attacking midfielders like cryuff, platini, maradona, ronaldinho and their goal scoring ratios. it was like a good strikers ratio. they also provided more assists than him. and the way people put him in the same category as pele, maradona, cryuff, beckenbaur, ronaldo luis is ridiculous. i know these players (apart from ronaldo) played in different eras so its hard to say how good theyd be now because fooball has changed so much, but they were the greatest in their generation. zidane should not be a part of this list. ive been watching fooball since 1998 and ronaldo luis is the greatest of this era, followed closely by henry or ronaldinho. messi and c ronaldo are now the best in a new generation. zidanes as good as deco or riquelme. no disrespect to deco or riquelme, theyre great players and skillful. but if they hadve scored 2 headers in a wc final and a really good volley in a cl final, they would get this god-like following that zidane gets but doesnt deserve. zidane just happened to be in the right place at the right time, then he got this invincible reputation. the media and fifa with their awards have made people believe that he's some sort of god of football, he really isnt.

seriously the guy is overrated, im not say he's not a great player, but he gets too much credit. he's done well in big matches and has good skills, but if you watched him regularly you'd see he doesn make that big of an impact. these days when people talk about football, they're like "if zidane was playing he would do this and that and destroy everybody", no really he wouldnt, he's not that special. zidane's been wrongfully tagged as one of the greats."

Basically I think he was style over substance,his grace and elegance trick people into thinking he was better than he really was,the media hype helps people idolize him etc I mean most kids/youths nowadays wouldn't know about players like Baggio,Platini,Rui Costa, etc but they all think Zidane is top 5 of all time which is ludicrous.

Another thing that I haven't mentioned is his passing which I don't think matches up well compared to some of the other all time greats.Maybe that's why his assist record is average.

Consistency - In Serie A Rui Costa and Del Piero outshone him or at least matched him but you will never learn about that in the media.

Top 15 - 20 player of all time at the most imo.No where near top 10.

I have nothing against him personly I just call it as I see it,for the record I think Pele is overrated as well it doesn't mean I don't think he was a brilliant player.
    worms.

Post by worms. Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Jaime wrote:
    worms wrote:
    bluenine wrote:

I watched quite a bit,at least for an English person. On average probably only 2 matches a weekend but over several years it's enough to judge players.And the highlights as well.

Serie A in the 90's <Ale>

And no don't listen to 10%,when I said I was 19 and a half it was obviously a joke...hence why I said "and a half".
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Fade out wrote:Ha! Did you watch the match in Bremen?

Aye. V disappointing for me but v pleasant and friendly atmosphere, just as well for the somewhat, ah, mixed group I was with Smile
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Worms are you going to do some XIs for all your teams?
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
    Fade out wrote:Ha! Did you watch the match in Bremen?

Aye. V disappointing for me but v pleasant and friendly atmosphere, just as well for the somewhat, ah, mixed group I was with Smile

True.

Even Wenger pronounces Straßburg instead of Strasbourg. Speaking of which, the Germany revolution at AFC must please you a lot!
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:12 pm

worms wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    worms wrote:
    bluenine wrote:

I watched quite a bit,at least for an English person. On average probably only 2 matches a weekend but over several years it's enough to judge players.And the highlights as well.

Serie A in the 90's <Ale>

And no don't listen to 10%,when I said I was 19 and a half it was obviously a joke...hence why I said "and a half".

Ok haha I was trying to do the math in my head. Laughing

Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:16 pm

Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:Spurs 1992-present (it's actually when I was old enough to start watching/understanding football - I was 6!)

---------------Thorsveldt

Carr------Judas--------King--------Assou-Ekotto

---------Carrick------Modric

Ginola----------Anderton------------Bale

---------------Klinsmann

You missed the late 80's early 90's Venables generation Yikes poor you Smile

For me, mid / late 80's

------------- Clemence

---------Mabbutt---King--Campbell

Waddle-----------------------------Bale

------------Modric--Carrick------

----------------Gascoigne--------

----------Sheringham---Klinsmann--------

Fuck fullbacks, we've not had any decent ones (says a lot that BAE and Walker are best I can remember despite both having all sorts of defensive issues), so I would play Waddle (Laughing) and Bale as wingbacks.

I would pay money to watch that team, like Ardilles' kamikaze team of 1995 with a firecracker up it's arse

worms.

Post by worms. Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:24 pm

S4P wrote:Worms are you going to do some XIs for all your teams?

I'm not made of time Very Happy
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:27 pm

worms wrote:
    S4P wrote:Worms are you going to do some XIs for all your teams?

I'm not made of time Very Happy

Who is your favourite 90's Zenit player?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:51 pm