Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Deano
toon h
Football Genius
Glenarch of the Glen
Sheffield gunner
Kimbo
Tweesus
Puro
12 posters

HAMMER TIME!

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

HAMMER TIME! Empty HAMMER TIME!

Post by Puro Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:43 pm

Yo Mancs, Scousers, Blues, and Gunners!

West Ham's win may have doomed the Mancs. Allow me to explain. The Mancs have 2 pts on Chelsea, but in reality they're trailing by 5.

The Mancs are leading Liverpool by 13, but in reality their lead is only 6 points. Arsenal are trailing by 14 pts, but this one's fishy because the Gunners are very fickle, and depending on who you ask the Mancs lead on them may be only 5 pts!

Kudos to the Hammers! Their win today was more than just 3 points in the standings. Trust me on this one! Biggrin <Ale>

Oh it's on baby! Watch them Scousers chisel away. Biggrin <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

HAMMER TIME! Empty Re: HAMMER TIME!

Post by Tweesus Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:45 pm

Can you explain the logistics of this Puro?

True though Ale we all know this is the start of a Man utd collapse ok
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:46 pm

Eh? scratch

What've you been smokin?

Snowman
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:47 pm

Puro Noel wrote:Yo Mancs, Scousers, Blues, and Gunners!

West Ham's win may have doomed the Mancs. Allow me to explain. The Mancs have 2 pts on Chelsea, but in reality they're trailing by 5.

The Mancs are leading Liverpool by 13, but in reality their lead is only 6 points. Arsenal are trailing by 14 pts, but this one's fishy because the Gunners are very fickle, and depending on who you ask the Mancs lead on them may be only 5 pts!

Kudos to the Hammers! Their win today was more than just 3 points in the standings. Trust me on this one! Biggrin <Ale>

It may look like we lead by 2 points, but the reality is, it is 7 points.
    It may look like we lead liverpool by 13 points, the reality is it is 24 points Shocked
    Biggrin
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:48 pm

Tinseldum wrote:Can you explain the logistics of this Puro?

Biggest winners were Arsenal! Your salvaged 2-2 draw against Portsmouth is HUGE. That ONE point is GOLD because of the Mancs loss to the Hammers. You MUST beat ManUnited at home though to make that one point count. <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:48 pm

the reality is, Rooney is shit Very Happy
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:50 pm

Puro Noel wrote:

Biggest winners were Arsenal! Your salvaged 2-2 draw against Portsmouth is HUGE. That ONE point is GOLD because of the Mancs loss to the Hammers. You MUST beat ManUnited at home though to make that one point count. <Ale>

Aye, hopefully we will.

We should have beaten Pompey though, looking at the fixture at the start at least, although the draw was a superb result based on us being 2-0 down
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:51 pm

Tinseldum wrote:the reality is, Rooney is shit Very Happy

He's more erratic - but about one 8th as talented - than Adriano.

Absolute shit.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:51 pm

I am beginning to think so Crying or Very sad
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:52 pm

L r d wrote:

It may look like we lead liverpool by 13 points, the reality is it is 24 points Shocked
    Biggrin

lol! Check out Tweeds saying the reality is "Rooney's shit" Laugh

A bit harsh, but man what's up with ManUnited? Interesting developing situation there LRD. Especially with Scousers coming on hard, Chelsea getting a second wind with today's comeback, and Arsenal feeling very good about themselves too. Ale
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:53 pm

Snowbispo wrote:

He's more erratic - but about one 8th as talented - than Adriano.

Absolute shit.

You mean *as* talented no?

king
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:55 pm

Puro Noel wrote:
    L r d wrote:

Biggrin

A bit harsh, but man what's up with ManUnited? Interesting developing situation there LRD. Especially with Scousers coming on hard, Chelsea getting a second wind with today's comeback, and Arsenal feeling very good about themselves too. Ale
    Why would Arsenal be feeling good about themselves? The drew AT HOME to Pompey!!! Did Big Sol pay their dressing room a visit on saturday? Erm
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:55 pm

Puro Noel wrote:

It should be a big result for us, but this season everytime we get a result we can build on we drop points in games we are expected to win! This inconsistency is why we don't seem to capitalise when our rivals drop points.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:58 pm

Puro Noel wrote:
    L r d wrote:

Biggrin

You see the match? Very unlucky, but Rooney was garbage. 1 bad match not the end of the world. Pool were due a few wins, don't see it lasting much longer. Arsenal drew 2-2 at home to a team we beat 3-0 man lol! Biggrin
    Today coud of been very diff, if not for some very good luck for chelsea, and bad luck for us, but luck changes <Ale> Biggrin
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:58 pm

Krimbo wrote:Eh? scratch

What've you been smokin?

Snowman

Laugh Some good weed wouldn't be too bad right now. Biggrin

Kimbo, the Mancs have the worst schedule left out of the "big" four. They've got to go on the road now, after getting little to nothing at home. Arsenal are still in it, but they're so fickle. They can run the tables or drop points against teams like Bolton.

Liverpool are sitting pretty, and so are Chelsea. Told ya not to write the Scousers off just yet. I KNEW them Scousers were gonna be alright come late December. Biggrin <Ale>
    S4P

Post by S4P Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:05 pm

Today changes nothing. It's still a 2 horse race, but hopefully we will not lose many more matches (with all due respect to these good teams, I'm talking about the slip-ups to Spurs, Middlesborough etc).

I feel confident we'll beat United at home. Our record at the Bridge is tremendous.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:07 pm

Puro Noel wrote:
    Liverpool are sitting pretty, and so are Chelsea. Told ya not to write the Scousers off just yet. I KNEW them Scousers were gonna be alright come late December. Biggrin <Ale>

for us to have ANY sort of chance we'd have to win our 3 games against Arsenal, Chelsea and United, which unfortunately I don't see us doing.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:07 pm

So was Arsenals, untill Manchester United played them after their unbeaten season.
    S4P

Post by S4P Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:08 pm

Festive Genius wrote:So was Arsenals, untill Manchester United played them after their unbeaten season.

Our home record is better than Arsenal's ever was during their unbeaten run.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:08 pm

L r d wrote:

Rooney's a good player. Terribly over hyped, but you knew that already. He's still a decent player. Let's hope the media don't kill him even though they have all the right in the world for they were the ones who "created" him. Shocked

Same old story, media builds up then slashes away. Let's hope not with Rooney.
    <Ale>
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:09 pm

That game is ages away, the title could be won or lost way before then <Ale> Biggrin
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by toon h Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:10 pm

the only thing this weekend reaffirms is that Chelsea will be league winners. In a remote second place Manchester Utd must hope to fend off a hypothetical Liverpool challenge.

Surprised to see such content Arsenal fans on here. One point is almost a loss.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:12 pm

Glenn Hysléigh wrote:
    Puro Noel wrote:

for us to have ANY sort of chance we'd have to win our 3 games against Arsenal, Chelsea and United, which unfortunately I don't see us doing.

I think you MUST win two and at least draw the other. You MUST beat Chelsea and ManUnited though. <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:15 pm

L r d wrote:That game is ages away, the title could be won or lost way before then <Ale> Biggrin

I think the Gunners have you right where they want you. lol! <Ale>
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:17 pm

holly hunter wrote:the only thing this weekend reaffirms is that Chelsea will be league winners. In a remote second place Manchester Utd must hope to fend off a hypothetical Liverpool challenge.

Surprised to see such content Arsenal fans on here. One point is almost a loss.

I'm not really content, we were appalling in the first 55 minutes against Pompey. The way we came back from 0-2 should inspire the players and they showed character. The problem is that we again dropped points against weaker opposition and started a game slowly again.

It's difficult to know how to read Arsenal though. We make positives strides against the big teams but then take a step back against weaker teams. It makes it difficult to read what positves/negatives to take out of a game.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:17 pm

Puro Noel wrote:
    L r d wrote:

Rooney's a good player. Terribly over hyped, but you knew that already. He's still a decent player. Let's hope the media don't kill him even though they have all the right in the world for they were the ones who "created" him. Shocked

Same old story, media builds up then slashes away. Let's hope not with Rooney.
    <Ale>

Last year, he carried the team. Ronaldo was all over the place, scholes rubbish, smith lol! ruud lifeless. Rooney did everything.
    This year the team has carried him, more bad games, than good games, i don't know what has happenend to him.
    He needs to sort it out quick, as to many more bad games, and the title could be lost.
    He is better than a good player, but he is not playing like one at all. For Man Utd to win the title, the players who play must be playing at 80% of there ability, he is down to 20%. He cares more about shouting at the ref than scoring what has got into the guy i don't know Doh Doh
    Losing his head far to much. Ruins his game

Last edited by on Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:17 pm

Puro Noel wrote:
    L r d wrote:That game is ages away, the title could be won or lost way before then <Ale> Biggrin

we seem to be able to do it against the better teams this season but are just throwing points away against the middle to poor teams
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:21 pm

What Puro meant to say was West Ham are awesome
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:22 pm

The Arsenal-Man United game is only a month away (Jan 21st) and that game could have a big impact on Man Utd's title aspirations. A good Christmas and a win at the Emirates might give Man Utd the confidence to go on a long winning streak. If they drop points they could be under a lot of pressure from Chelsea and the cracks might start to show.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:24 pm

Puro Noel wrote:

lol!
    Deano, West Ham better beat Chelsea to make things even Biggrin <Ale>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:57 pm