Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Chris 23*
Kimbo
christmasborocooper
debaser
8 posters

Nigel Adkins Sacked, Mauricio Pochettino hired

debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Nigel Adkins Sacked, Mauricio Pochettino hired Empty Nigel Adkins Sacked, Mauricio Pochettino hired

Post by debaser Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:02 pm

This one is pretty baffling. Southampton seemed to have got it together in recent weeks & I can't see the fans getting behind this decision.

Might've had some logic at end of season or if they were deep in relegation zone. But this is just asking to backfire badly.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Nigel Adkins Sacked, Mauricio Pochettino hired Empty Re: Nigel Adkins Sacked, Mauricio Pochettino hired

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:06 pm

c**t. Nipping on 1 minute ahead of me.
    debaser
    debaser

Nigel Adkins Sacked, Mauricio Pochettino hired Empty Re: Nigel Adkins Sacked, Mauricio Pochettino hired

Post by debaser Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:08 pm

with a more informative thread title too Very Happy
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Good news for us, they could go into meltdown. Dumb decision though.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:03 pm

His first 5 fixtures are Everton (h), Man Utd (a), Wigan (a), Man City (h), Newcastle (a). Not exactly an easy start. And if fans aren't warm to this decision, they'll be even less warm if it takes a few games to get the first win..
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:05 pm

I'd love them to just implode now. It would be tremendous.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:07 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:I'd love them to just implode now. It would be tremendous.

What have you got against cuddly wuddly Southampton?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Nothing major, I just hate stupid decisions like this. I don't care about their fans or anything..so I want to see their owner look like a pillock for sacking a manager who was doing a relatively good job.

It's similar to the Hughton sacking, only that turned out alright...for a little while.
    Chris 23*
    Chris 23*

Number of posts : 3108
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Jamie Carragher, Danny Agger, Junior Hoilett, Javier Mascherano and Fernandez Suso
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post by Chris 23* Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:16 pm

That's a ridiculous decision. Le Tissier has said that saints look a "laughing stock" because of it. Cortese is ruthless.

Nigel Adkins Sacked, Mauricio Pochettino hired Article-0-15E580D1000005DC-725_306x423
    messiah
    messiah

Number of posts : 3084
    Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:35 pm

This makes no sense, just smacks of it's from Europe so it must be better, but in this case not really, he is ok but nothing
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Shut up. Everyone knows foreign managers are better and stuffs.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Wow that's a shame. I really liked Southampton so far this season.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Pochettino did a really nice job at Espanyol until the end. He is quite a clever manager and I think the players really like him. But the lack of any resources whatsoever really took its toll on his project. Constantly having to change the team because from one year to the next the best players were sold and any signings were on one year loans. So there was no way to get any continuity in the squad really. At one point he was fielding a team that was 100% from the academy. The big thing is can he translate to the EPL. Surely there will be a learning curve but by the time he gets himself sorted out, Southampton might be relegated.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TheCrazy58 Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Someone please explain the logic behind this?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 pm