Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Crouching Tiger
abundance
The Easter Bunny
Pras_tama
GR
Hlebagone
Deluded F*ck™
christmasborocooper
Murray
Puro
Kimbo
The Chosen Glenn
Isco Benny
COTR
Jaime
Fey
Luis
21 posters

Liverpool FC 2015/2016

Crouching Tiger
    Crouching Tiger

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2012-05-14

Liverpool FC 2015/2016 - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool FC 2015/2016

Post by Crouching Tiger Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:06 pm

Laughable that you wouldn't want Klopp Luis you hipster.
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:56 pm

Luis wrote:
    Corrupt real mierda wrote:
    Luis wrote:Not proven enough and had a shocker in his last season at Dortmund.

We need an Ancelotti or Benitez - someone who has won trophies over a sustained period of time.

I don't want another 5 years of 'rebuilding'.

How isn't he proven enough? Won 2 league titles against Bayern and reached a CL final with a negative net spend.

Ancelotti has never managed a team that didn't have ALOT of money.

Also, I have already explained why he had a bad season last year, because he had 5 or 6 key players injured for long parts of the season. They also lost Gotze and Lewandowski. Dortmund didn't have a deep squad because they didn't have a lot of money, so they suffered.

He won 2 titles in an average to good league which is a great achievement but it's too early to say if he could do this consistently IMO.

He's going to have to contend with injuries at Liverpool. Rodgers nearly won the league with Sturridge and Henderson fit  for nearly all of that season. Both suffer injuries and it goes to shit. You can't have that as an excuse for one manager but not another.

Rodgers lost Suarez and Sterling.

I don't buy all this Anceotti and Mourinho only win because of money crap either. It's a stupid argument. Madrid and Barca win everything because of money, does that mean their managers aren't good? Mourinho won the CL with Porto and got Inter to win the treble - now look at them ffs.

Ancelotti has proven over 3 top leagues that he can organise a team and instil a winning mentality.

I'm not saying Klopp isn't a good manager but I think he's more of a risk than Ancelotti is. People are expecting Klopp to do what he did at Dortmund but it's a completely different context. Ancelotti can come in, sort the defence out and get the best out of the attacking talent we have. He's experienced and respected in this league already.

Thing is: can you spend like City/Utd/Chelsea - or in the vicinity?

Then ok Ancelotti is a safer bet, as you say he showed he can deal with all the crap at that level.

If not, Klopp is way more the man for the job.

Ancelotti never had to overachieve once for his trophies.
    Klopp has based all his game philosophy on overachieving.

Besides that, he's a more modern tactician and coach, has a distinct style that would fit the prem, and grows footballers better.

Dunno why you wouldn't welcome him, imho he's got a perfect ethos for Liverpool
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:41 pm

I've said Klopp is a good manager - I just don't think he's better than Ancelotti for what fans want. Klopp seems more a long term project but fans want trophies and title challenges in the next few years so he will be under a lot of pressure from now.

Klopp is an exciting prospect and I'll back him 100%. I just hope fans don't expect us to be doing a Dortmund within 2 or 3 years because it's a different league where there isn't just one team to topple - there's 3 or 4.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Its a real exciting project, wonder how much he gets a saying in transfers though. I guess Klopp wants it all.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:45 pm

So if Klopp does come what players do you hope he brings with him? My first pick would be Gundogon, we could really do with a technical midfielder who can control games, Joe Allen is that type of player but he isn't good enough to be a starter IMO. Gundogon is world class IMO, if we don't come in for him then we (Barcelona) will.

My second choice would be Reus, we don't have any wide players. And he is fucking class.

I also wouldn't say no to Hummels or Bender.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Hope he does well
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:21 pm

Que Jurgen Flopp headlines...
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Will be interesting to see what his first choice 11 is.

I could be wrong but I can't imagine Ings, Milner or Allen would be players he likes?

Will he play Benteke and Sturridge together?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:37 pm

I don't think he would like Sturridge as a lone frontman, I think he will start Benteke, he is more like Lewandowski.

Just found this from a other website, it's missing Danny Ings however. So much shite in this list.

Rodgers incoming transfers: Total £291.55m

2012-13
    Fabio Borini £10.4m
    Joe Allen £15m
    Oussama Assaidi £3m
    Samed Yesil £1m
    Daniel Sturridge £12m
    Philippe Coutinho £8.5m

2013-14
    Luis Alberto £6.8m
    Iago Aspas £7m
    Simon &af_placement_id=1&dv=ec55ba0c621a7d9a0309514982e82a95]Mignolet £9m
    Mamadou Sakho £15m
    Tiago Ilori £7m

2014-15
    Rickie Lambert £4.5m
    Adam Lallana £25m
    Emre Can £9.75m
    Lazar Markovic £19.8m
    Dejan Lovren £20m
    Divock Origi £9.8m
    Alberto Moreno £12m
    Mario Balotelli £16m

2015-16
    Joe Gomez £6m
    Nathaniel Clyne £12.5m
    Roberto Firmino £29m
    Christian Benteke £32.5m

Total £291.55m
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:48 pm

Luis wrote:Will be interesting to see what his first choice 11 is.

I could be wrong but I can't imagine Ings, Milner or Allen would be players he likes?

Will he play Benteke and Sturridge together?

I'd imagine Milner will be alright for his style but maybe back to wide role rather than CM. Lallana and Allen are two who may struggle.

With current players, maybe something like

Clyne-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno
    Henderson-Can/Lucas
    Milner-Coutinho-Firmino
    Sturridge/Benteke

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:54 pm

Yeah I don't think Milner is suitable in the middle for any manager. It seems Rodgers had to keep playing him there because that was his promise to Milner when he signed him.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:Laughable that you wouldn't want Klopp Luis you hipster.

Whoah!!! I haven't seen you on here in ages.

So how are you doing Kneeling tiger?
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:18 pm

Liverpool FC 2015/2016 - Page 4 Thumb_11500_default_news_size_5

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Is that real?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:51 pm

Yes it is. Welcome Klopp!!!! We are SO lucky to have him.

We won't see a real Klopp team until at least next season though, this squad doesn't suit him at all. No controlling CM and no wide players. Gundogon and Reus please!!!!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:12 pm

Liverpool FC 2015/2016 - Page 4 12122628_1063353233696685_8345577832646903554_n

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:23 pm

Brendan Rodgers was the first Liverpool manager not to win a trophy during his first three seasons in charge since the 1950's.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Good, honest press conference. He calls himself 'The Normal One' Wink

I am very excited by this appointment. He was my second choice after Ancelotti but he's miles ahead of many other managers linked and his pedigree is such that any top club in the world would want him.

I'm not expecting too much though too soon. I still think if we don't finish 4th or win a trophy this season then that's a failure.

He needs a title within 5 years but probably a trophy within 2.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Luis wrote:Good, honest press conference. He calls himself 'The Normal One' Wink

I am very excited by this appointment. He was my second choice after Ancelotti but he's miles ahead of many other managers linked and his pedigree is such that any top club in the world would want him.

I'm not expecting too much though too soon. I still think if we don't finish 4th or win a trophy this season then that's a failure.

But most people would agree that we have the 5th best squad in the league ( I know you don't). We have to remember that this isn't his team, this season will only be an indicator of what is to come from his own team in the future.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:42 pm

Kloppo Koppo wrote:
    Luis wrote:Good, honest press conference. He calls himself 'The Normal One' Wink

But most people would agree that we have the 5th best squad in the league ( I know you don't). We have to remember that this isn't his team, this season will only be an indicator of what is to come from his own team in the future.

I agree that City, Chelsea and Arsenal should be miles ahead of us. Chelsea are obviously massively under-performing right now.

I still don't agree that United are much better, if at all better, than us as a team or squad.

When both sides have everyone back fit and are playing to their best level we would beat them and we should be killing teams like we did under Rodgers for large periods. But the level dropped and the defending got worse and worse. Injuries has played a part but the team stopped playing for Rodgers, probably before Stoke 6-1 but 100% from that moment he had lost the team.

So now Klopp comes to rejuvenate this group of players. Coutinho, Benteke and Sturridge should be good enough to finish in the top 4 if you can get the defence sorted out. I know that it wont be his team until probably 2/3 more transfer windows but I still think if we finish outside the top 4 and don't win a trophy this season then Klopp has failed his first task. We are in a good position to push on and make ourselves front runners for 4th - Rodgers wasn't able to beat teams like Norwich and Everton who were there for the taking on the day. Klopp should be able to get us beating these sorts of teams with ease. Then you have to look at the big games - Chelsea and City away for example, and Klopp should get us competing in those games, something Rodgers never did during his time here.

I want to see good attacking football first of all. I want to see the players fighting for the shirt. I'm not expecting the defensive issues to go away overnight because they're so deep-rooted now but I am expecting us to score more goals. Klopp has the tools available right now to do that. He doesn't have the best midfield to create for them, granted, but you have to hope he can make an impact on Lallana, Ibe and Firmino - 3 players that have all been lackluster under Rodgers.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:55 pm

I still think the squad is massively unbalanced and incomplete. Our DM/CM midfield options are mediocre and we have NO wide players. You say that Coutinho, Sturridge and Benteke are enough to get us top 4 but Man United have more options in Depay, Mata, Rooney, Martial and Young. They actually have 4 players who are good out wide. We have none. They also have better midfielders than us in Carrick, Swinestiger, Sneiderlen and Herrera.

Not to mention we are already playing catch up to Man United.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Kloppo Koppo wrote:I still think the squad is massively unbalanced and incomplete. Our DM/CM midfield options are mediocre and we have NO wide players. You say that Coutinho, Sturridge and Benteke are enough to get us top 4 but Man United have more options in Depay, Mata, Rooney, Martial and Young. They actually have 4 players who are good out wide. We have none. They also have better midfielders than us in Carrick, Swinestiger, Sneiderlen and Herrera.

But why would you say Depay, Rooney and Young are any better than Ings, Firmino and Lallana right now? Isn't it Klopp's job to get more out of these players (though Ings has been doing great anyway).

Losing Henderson is a massive blow and United are far better in the middle but Lucas and Allen could excel now or maybe Can.

United got found out vs Arsenal really. The midfielders you mention for them had a nightmare.

We shouldn't be accepting that this United side should finish above us. Klopp managed to get his Dortmund side above Bayern who you claim were the best in the world at that time. So why are you claiming Klopp shouldn't finish above this United side when we're only 8 games into a season?
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:06 pm

From an outsider perspective, lots to like about Klopp, but until the British footballing establishment washes it's hands of the powerful cartel of insufferable Liverpool bootroom boys, it's difficult to not want them to fail.

This sums it up nicely.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:06 pm

Luis wrote:
    Kloppo Koppo wrote:I still think the squad is massively unbalanced and incomplete. Our DM/CM midfield options are mediocre and we have NO wide players. You say that Coutinho, Sturridge and Benteke are enough to get us top 4 but Man United have more options in Depay, Mata, Rooney, Martial and Young. They actually have 4 players who are good out wide. We have none. They also have better midfielders than us in Carrick, Swinestiger, Sneiderlen and Herrera.

But why would you say Depay, Rooney and Young are any better than Ings, Firmino and Lallana right now? Isn't it Klopp's job to get more out of these players (though Ings has been doing great anyway).

Losing Henderson is a massive blow and United are far better in the middle but Lucas and Allen could excel now or maybe Can.

United got found out vs Arsenal really. The midfielders you mention for them had a nightmare.

We shouldn't be accepting that this United side should finish above us. Klopp managed to get his Dortmund side above Bayern who you claim were the best in the world at that time. So why are you claiming Klopp shouldn't finish above this United side when we're only 8 games into a season?

I am saying that we are the underdogs basically, we have a chance but if I was a betting man I would bet on United. Klopp managed to finish above Bayern but not in his first season, these are not Klopp's players and it will take a while for him to implement his tactical ideas, Van Gaal has a 1 season head start in this regard and United are starting to reap the benefits of it. They are playing a lot better than they where last season IMO. 

If we make some good signings in January then I may change my mind.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:53 pm

I see that the media numpties are all fawning over Klopp already. Just like they do with Mourinho.

This is going to get boring quite quickly.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:24 pm

Kloppo Koppo wrote:
    Luis wrote:

I am saying that we are the underdogs basically, we have a chance but if I was a betting man I would bet on United. Klopp managed to finish above Bayern but not in his first season, these are not Klopp's players and it will take a while for him to implement his tactical ideas, Van Gaal has a 1 season head start in this regard and United are starting to reap the benefits of it. They are playing a lot better than they where last season IMO. 

If we make some good signings in January then I may change my mind.
    This actually sounds very reasonable.

Luis is in his delusion of current Liverpool squad being TOP 4 quality (or close). It's not, despite huge investment it's much closer to Tottenham and Everton than to Champions League places.

Other problem for Liverpool it's that when we look at their top players some of them can't really play together to 100% efficiency: Sturridge & Benteke and Milner & Henderson are examples of it.

Klopp is an excellent manager, so he will help. But it will take time and he will need some players more suited to his demands. Getting them in January can be difficult and/or expensive.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:56 pm

We might as well have stuck with Rodgers if people will accept not finishing 4th and not winning a trophy. Rodgers probably would have finished 5th or 6th.

I think our squad is better than people think because it went stale under Rodgers. If Van Gaal managed to finish 4th in his first season then Klopp should be too - we have some very talented players. It's the defence that needs sorting out and then in January we need to look at the midfield but even so Henderson may be back by then.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Luis wrote:We might as well have stuck with Rodgers if people will accept not finishing 4th and not winning a trophy. Rodgers probably would have finished 5th or 6th.

I think our squad is better than people think because it went stale under Rodgers. If Van Gaal managed to finish 4th in his first season then Klopp should be too - we have some very talented players. It's the defence that needs sorting out and then in January we need to look at the midfield but even so Henderson may be back by then.
    You don't see it?

I like Van Gaal, but taking 4th spot last season wasn't super impressive - Liverpool was weakened after Suarez left and with many new players, Everton and Martinez had 2nd season syndrome (trying to look positively at things) and Tottenham wasn't able to put any serious challenge as well.

Klopp now will have to beat one of top 4 teams and United looks stronger and better balanced than last season. Klopp's challenge is much more difficult and taking over Liverpool during the season is making things even more challenging.

And your squad is so talented Doh that only one player (Coutinho) would be a significant upgrade over what Everton can put on the pitch (looking at realistic line-ups).
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:31 pm

Liverpool FC 2015/2016 - Page 4 12140837_1814776515415690_5124948653825877487_n

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Luis wrote:We might as well have stuck with Rodgers if people will accept not finishing 4th and not winning a trophy. Rodgers probably would have finished 5th or 6th.

Why are you thinking solely about this season? Klopp's signature was meant to benefit us over a 3 year + period. Klopps success won't be judged at the end of the season, it will be judged in 3/4 years time.

And you are these very talented players you are talking about? I only see Coutinho.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:15 am