Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
COTR
Puro
christmasborocooper
stinger
S4P
Deluded F*ck™
Di Caniooooo!
Murray
Fey
debaser
Pierre Littbarski
Kimbo
Luis
17 posters

Premier League 3/4 October 2015

Premier League 3/4 October 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Premier League 3/4 October 2015

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Rodgers sacked  cheers

Thanks for 2013/2014. That was the closest we have come to winning the league since I was born. We would have won it if not for Gerrards slip. 

Apart from that season though he has been Meh, and this calender year we have been poor. So it is the right decision.

Thanks for the hard work but you are probably not good enough to lead us to where we want to be (consistent CL team that competes for trophies).

Please be Klopp. Please be Klopp. Please be Klopp.  albino
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier League 3/4 October 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Premier League 3/4 October 2015

Post by Murray Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Klopp is hot favourite with the bookies

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/liverpool/next-permanent-manager
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Noooooooooooooooo

I wanted Spurs to have the opportunity to end him in 2 weeks. Grr

COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:45 pm

The weird thing about Rodgers was that he came in with all the chat about midfield being so important and especially having quick technically excellent players in there.

He ended his reign with a midfield full of average workers having had 300m available to spend.

All very bizarre and he shouldn't ever get another big job

Hope the next man can start to use some common sense with this team, it isn't as bad as the results suggest.
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:49 pm

It would have been more sensible to fire him at the end of last season, instead of letting him piss away more money during the summer.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Smart move, Maureen will be sacked soon by the Chels, and they will want to get Klopp. Liverpool tries to rush I guess.

Shame, I hope they will go for a British numpty again.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:54 pm

Rodgers seemed to completely abandon what worked for him at Swansea, that was an incredibly dull and defensive team that passed it around the halfway line endlessly, and if they ended the game with the most possession he would see it as a success, regardless of the actual result.

It will be interesting to see where he goes next, I think he's too much of an egomaniac to drop down a level in England, I see him following Moyes abroad.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:56 pm

de Boer is under pressure for the Jews, tbfh, I dont think Liverpool cant attract the truely biggest managers anymore.

I mean would you rather train Liverpool or Spurs for example, there isnt much difference anymore, hell you can live in London if you pick Spurs. Though Klopp is used to Dortmund, so who knows.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:58 pm

COTR wrote:The weird thing about Rodgers was that he came in with all the chat about midfield being so important and especially having quick technically excellent players in there.

He ended his reign with a midfield full of average workers having had 300m available to spend.

All very bizarre and he shouldn't ever get another big job

Hope the next man can start to use some common sense with this team, it isn't as bad as the results suggest.

Good point, that is a bit bizaree. He started today with Lucas, a technically limited DM and Milner, a box to box midfielder (at best) who isn't very good in the center of the pitch.

And Kimbo, Rodgers is fluent in Spanish, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to La Liga.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:01 pm

I hear that Dick Advocaat is available...

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:03 pm

Fey wrote:de Boer is under pressure for the Jews, tbfh, I dont think Liverpool cant attract the truely biggest managers anymore.

I mean would you rather train Liverpool or Spurs for example, there isnt much difference anymore, hell you can live in London if you pick Spurs. Though Klopp is used to Dortmund, so who knows.

Klopp has said recently that he doesn't want to manage an elite team. I think Klopp is the type of guy who would be very attracted to a club like Liverpool because of the "romance" factor, we have an amazing history but we are also a sleeping giant.

I think this type of challenge would appeal more to Klopp's ego than being just another manager at a club like Chelsea, where even if he wins people will just say it was because of the money.

At Liverpool Klopp will get to spend more money than he did at Dortmund, I think he will come here, I hope so anyway. His style of football at Dortmund was amazing, 'Heavy Metal' football he called it. Fast, relentless, technical football. They where the best team at pressing and counter-pressing in the world, and they played some great stuff in possession. Hopefully he brings Gundogon with him, we desperately need a creative, dynamic CM.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:11 pm

Here is a quote from RAWK:

"I like how Ancelotti got Chelsea to score over 100 goals in 09/10 but I don`t see him promoting or having time for our youngsters. This team needs a young coach a next best thing with sophisticated tactical ideas to make up for that financial gap, Ancelotti is a box office manager who prefers working with established ready made players - I`m not sure he`s the perfect fit but we can do worse than him no doubt."
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Ancelotti please.

I'll accept Klopp but I'm not sold on him.

Don't want anyone but those 2.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:59 pm

I don't think it's a perfect situation for Liverpool to hire someone like Ancelotti.

It's probably suited better to get someone like Klopp who can revolutionize club. Before Borussia he also did well with Mainz, so I don't think he is one trick pony (club), but his style is really demanding and it's not surprise Borussia collapsed after 2-3 years with him. But he was extremely successful there and did amazing job against Bayern.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:12 pm

If........ Gerard hadn't fallen over, Rodgers would be unsackable.

Klopp will be just as much a gamble, but at least his idiosyncrasies won't be so cringeworthy.

Walcott was great today. He made Rooney look like Lee Tomlin.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:49 pm

Don't insult Fat Lee
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:38 am

Murray wrote:It would have been more sensible to fire him at the end of last season, instead of letting him piss away more money during the summer.

No, that makes too much sense in England.

Now, first things first: who gets custody of Jordan Henderson and Joe Allen?

Liverpool are done for some time no matter who comes in. Rodgers has royally fucked up the club wasting so much money and building nothing at all.

It's a very sad day for the club of the devil and Everton, and very sad indeed IF Ancelotti becomes the next manager. I think Ancelotti goes back to Milan next season though.

So, it's Klopp at the Kop.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:16 am

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/ken-early-mourinho-may-already-have-lost-the-chelsea-dressing-room-1.2378239#.VhITrSKOvNM.twitter

Brilliant article <Ale>
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:03 pm

Still not keen on Wenger but he deserves a statue for turning the athlete (Feeeeooo) into a proper footballer
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Ancelotti might be going back to Chelsea
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Mes amis! It's the NY-MIAMI Connection again with some news.

Just guess who Liverpool are after. Oh FFS! cheers

Here's the clue: Pep flew across the world to meet him before he started his first season with Barça. They talked football for eleven straight hours while having an exquisite parrilla and wine, and using lawn chairs for tactics demonstration.

It's gonna the quick fix needed and it's gonna be balls to the wall. It's just what we need after the disaster created by the committee and Rodgers.

Welcome to Liverpool, Mandanda, Imbula, Ocampos, Ayew and Gignac.

Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:41 pm

Puro wrote:Mes amis! It's the NY-MIAMI Connection again with some news.

Here's the clue: Pep flew across the world to meet him before he started his first season with Barça. They talked football for eleven straight hours while having an exquisite parrilla and wine, and using lawn chairs for tactics demonstration.

It's gonna the quick fix needed and it's gonna be balls to the wall. It's just what we need after the disaster created by the committee and Rodgers.

Bielsa?
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:46 pm

Murray wrote:
    Puro wrote:Mes amis! It's the NY-MIAMI Connection again with some news.

Bielsa?

Yes! Liverpool will never be the same with the energy that Bielsa brings to Anfield. It's gonna be balls to the wall, probably won't last longer than two full seasons, but what a ride the Kop will experience with Bielsa's football. Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:54 pm

That would be a fucking epic choice.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Come to think of it, I am not sure who I would want more....Klopp or Bielsa. Bielsa would have the potential to be more exciting but Klopp is a safer bet IMO.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Bielsa for sure, everyone knows he is a nutter, but an amazing nutter, but Klopp is a clown, and perhaps he just got fucking lucky with a good Dortmund squad.

Thing is, after clubs like Dortmund, Atletico etc had succes with smart buys + homegrown players, they start to get more money again, and invest it in B-players hence they never sustain at the top.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:18 pm

Are we taking the NY-MIAMI Connection seriously now? He's below the likes of Pards, Sven, 'arry, and Stevie Me in the betting. I hope Puro is putting some CA$$$H on it, he could be a very rich man.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:23 pm

Puro wrote:
    Murray wrote:It would have been more sensible to fire him at the end of last season, instead of letting him piss away more money during the summer.

No, that makes too much sense in England.

Now, first things first: who gets custody of Jordan Henderson and Joe Allen?

Liverpool are done for some time no matter who comes in. Rodgers has royally fucked up the club wasting so much money and building nothing at all.

It's a very sad day for the club of the devil and Everton, and very sad indeed IF Ancelotti becomes the next manager. I think Ancelotti goes back to Milan next season though.

So, it's Klopp at the Kop.

We still have a 4th place squad though.

Sakho, Clyne, Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge, Benteke are all good quality players.

Lallana, Milner, Moreno, Ings, Lucas, Allen are all good if a manager can get everything out of them.

The defence is a mess though - Rodgers has left us in a bad way with us needing 2 goalkeepers, 2 full backs and probably 2 centre backs as well.

I don't think we need a massive rebuild which is why I'm in favour of Ancelotti.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:32 pm

Dont be silly now Luis, you do not have a 4th place squad.

City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd and maybe even Spurs have a better squad.

Now this is not saying you cant end 4th, but on paper the rest have better squads.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Fey wrote:Dont be silly now Luis, you do not have a 4th place squad.

City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd and maybe even Spurs have a better squad.

Now this is not saying you cant end 4th, but on paper the rest have better squads.

United and Spurs almost certainly do not have better squads.

On paper we should have easily finished 4th last year and should be again this year. Rodgers' inability to set up defensively or tactically cost us.

Look at United yesterday. They came up against quality and were destroyed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:18 am