Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
rosenthal
stinger
christmasborocooper
Kimbo
Di Caniooooo!
Puro
Luis
11 posters

Premier League 2/3 January 2016

christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League 2/3 January 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League 2/3 January 2016

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Luis wrote:
    christmasborocooper wrote:
    Luis wrote:Isn't that true of any profession though? You will work harder and perform better for someone you like and who treats you with respect most of the time.

You'd get sacked if you were blatantly slacking off..

How can anyone prove it? No one can prove Costa was shit because he didn't like Mourinho.

No one would have to. It'd be a simple case of "you're not performing as required, consider this warning number 1. Here's what I expect from you.."

If there's no improvement after a couple more warnings. Sacked.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Premier League 2/3 January 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League 2/3 January 2016

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:59 pm

stinger wrote:Good match so far and two nice goals. Can see Spurs nicking it, but we are dangerous on the counter.

From what I remember last season at Goodison Tottenham also dominated from the start, wondering if it's maybe Martinez tactic to deal with Spurs, as we rarely are defending so deep for so long.

Btw, Lennon can shoot after all Yikes

Luis wrote:Isn't that true of any profession though? You will work harder and perform better for someone you like and who treats you with respect most of the time.

Thats why players don't get sacked. It's difficult to judge them slacking off as blatant. There's always an aspect of tactics, training regime, etc to balance out thing.

I agree it's harder in football. Was more taking issue with Luis suggesting it's the same in every profession. Which it absolutely isn't.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:18 pm

I don't know if anything can be done about it, it's just frustrating. I've seen plenty of players pass through Newcastle, they get their 5 year millionaires contract, sometimes just because another incompetent has made a mistake, and that's it, they put their feet up or they continue being plain old shit, and there's nothing you can do about it. Being a footballer is the best job in the world, even compared to other major sports. Chelsea basically got a few months of what fans of some clubs go through year in year out, having the piss taken out of them.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:26 pm

I work as a teacher - I know my pupils will work harder in class if I treat them with dignity and respect and don't just tell them what to do all the time. I will perform better if I respect and like my head of Department. It's true if I stopped working hard at all I'd be questioned but Costa didn't refuse to play or deliberately try to stop scoring. He just didn't feel motivated enough to do his best.

Kimmy - the fans still fill out the ground so the players can get away with shit, and the club. If no one turned up at St James or Anfield, literally no one then things would be done. Until then, no one gives one shit.

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Luis wrote:I work as a teacher - I know my pupils will work harder in class if I treat them with dignity and respect and don't just tell them what to do all the time. I will perform better if I respect and like my head of Department. It's true if I stopped working hard at all I'd be questioned but Costa didn't refuse to play or deliberately try to stop scoring. He just didn't feel motivated enough to do his best.

Kimmy - the fans still fill out the ground so the players can get away with shit, and the club. If no one turned up at St James or Anfield, literally no one then things would be done. Until then, no one gives one shit.

The fans are like the zombies from Dawn of the Dead, they turn up out of habit and because they don't have the imagination to have other hobbies.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:15 pm

stinger wrote:Good match so far and two nice goals. Can see Spurs nicking it, but we are dangerous on the counter.

From what I remember last season at Goodison Tottenham also dominated from the start, wondering if it's maybe Martinez tactic to deal with Spurs, as we rarely are defending so deep for so long.

Btw, Lennon can shoot after all Yikes

Thats why players don't get sacked. It's difficult to judge them slacking off as blatant. There's always an aspect of tactics, training regime, etc to balance out thing.

Hugely entertaining game. Surprised at how overwhelmingly dominant we were for 60
    minutes. Martinezs substitutions second half worked, also felt inevitable the relentless pressing would tail off which it did. From a Spurs perspective shame we couldn't convert that early dominance into taking the lead. Convinced Kane's shot off the post was in at first, in slo mo it turns ever so slightly at the last second. By the 93rd minute a 1-1 draw felt not too disappointing, Delefeou really gave a tired Davies the absolute willies in that last 20.

Great festive period for us, 10 points out of 12. Now if only those Gooner c**ts stopped winning....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:48 am