Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Rosy
Glenarch of the Glen
fcb
The Pröfessör
Zack
Pierre Littbarski
Isco Benny
COTR
Batman
Ricardo Jol
Puro
15 posters

TOTTENHAM - CHELSEA

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

TOTTENHAM  -  CHELSEA Empty TOTTENHAM - CHELSEA

Post by Puro Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:01 pm

Ledley King was the Man of the Match easily. He robbed Robben of a sure goal early in the game with that burst of speed to save Robinson. Where was Robinson in that play? Rooted to his goal!

King also denied Lampard of a sure goal late in the game. Lennon played a very good game, and scored the winning goal. However, look who was "defending" him. That's right! overrated piece of shit Ashley Cole. lol!

Three years ago I called King "England's best central defender" in the old 606. Almost everyone laughed at me, but who's laughing now? King is so good, he even tells Terry how much Terry's allowed to be on the pitch! lol! <Ale>
    L r d

TOTTENHAM  -  CHELSEA Empty Re: TOTTENHAM - CHELSEA

Post by L r d Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:02 pm

King = Good.

Fullbacks = Better.

...Atleast in my opinion.

What do you make of Lennon, Puro?
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:05 pm

Obispo wrote:King = Good.

Fullbacks = Better.

...Atleast in my opinion.

What do you make of Lennon, Puro?

King's the man! You're right too Obispo. Chimbonda and Essou-Ekoto are very good defenders along with Dawson. I said one year ago "I see a very bright future in Lennon's career". <Ale>
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:05 pm

I don't understand why guys like terry and rio are seen to be better players!

great win over chelski! what a performance!
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:06 pm

Spurs only 2 points behind Liverpool now. could it be Liverpool v Spurs for 4th place this season?
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:08 pm

dawson was better than king today.

lennon is a mini messi puro (if that is even possible).. it's just nearly impossible to defend against these players

what did you make of cole ripping zambrotta to shreds during the week BTW Smile

Last edited by on Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:08 pm

ricardojol wrote:I don't understand why guys like terry and rio are seen to be better players!

great win over chelski! what a performance!

It was a very good game. This is the reason why Chelsea NEED to foul every minute against Barça to slow them down. Chelsea played straight ball against Tottenham and LOST! It could've been worse like a 4-1 score even. Great work my Jol. <Ale>
    S4P

Post by S4P Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:22 pm

Puro mate, there is a difference between 'fouling' and 'diving', I'll make it very clear for you mate, seen as there seems to have been a problem with the understanding of the language.

Fouling is like what Marquez did to Makelele. It's where you trip them up as they try to go past you.

Diving is like what Deco did famously. Where you aren't touched yet try to con the ref into giving you a free kick. Divers also tend to get over their pain easily and jump back up to full fitness when somebody kicks the ball at their stomach as they roll around in pain.

Chelsea conceded about 20 fouls to Barca's 15, but at least half of the 'fouls' Chelsea committed were good, conning dives Ale

I hope that clears it up.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:28 pm

Batman wrote:Spurs only 2 points behind Liverpool now. could it be Liverpool v Spurs for 4th place this season?

And in turn Liverpool are only a single point behind Arsenal, who a week ago were still serious contenders (apparently)

Spurs are going to win the league. Doh
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:29 pm

arsenal still have a game in hand
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:31 pm

@S4P,

its a lost cause. Puro is not renowned for his balanced unbias opinions on English clubs/players.

How he can slag off Ashley Cole either after his performance against Barca (where he and Lampard took Zambrotta apart on the left) is beyond me.

He's correct about King though - clean tackling, class player.

Lennon, as I've maintained ever since his days at Leeds, is also the real deal. So it aint all bad
    S4P

Post by S4P Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:34 pm

The Real White Pele wrote:@S4P,

its a lost cause. Puro is not renowned for his balanced unbias opinions on English clubs/players.

How he can slag off Ashley Cole either after his performance against Barca (where he and Lampard took Zambrotta apart on the left) is beyond me.

Lennon, as I've maintained ever since his days at Leeds, is also the real deal. So it aint all bad

<Ale> I know, it just amazes me the excuses he can find.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:35 pm

...and what good did Ashley do whilst ripping him apart ?

He still can't cross or dribble - get over it.
    S4P

Post by S4P Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:37 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:

Ashley got beyond him, which seems enough with some players.

Can Messi actually cross a ball? Yet he's not judged like this.

Frank did the crossing on Tuesday, Ashley just went beyond Zambro.
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:38 pm

S4P wrote:

<Ale> I know, it just amazes me the excuses he can find.
    it's designed to get a reaction... partial truth of course but exaggerated beyond belief to get attention..

still we need to puro's and otto's of this world to come out with this nonsense to keep things interesting Wink
    Zack

Number of posts : 1571
    Supports : Tottenham Hotspur
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by Zack Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:42 pm

FINALLY....after 20 years, we final break the HooDoo Shackles!

To think most of the team played on Thursday night, the energy and drive today, absolutely magificent!

Keane, the most under-rated player ever, superb....I saw shit dribbling from Khalid Boularouz pants, when Keane took him to the cleaner's. Chimonda MOTM for me, won nearly every ball in the air, played with such energy and heart, a fave already. Dawson and King...Rock as always....and Ekotto is begining to find his feet...

Finally, Lennon......No End product huh Kimbo? His young, 19...he will learn.....and I think he learnt the art of composure, when given a chance....
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:47 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:

Erm, how about he can pass and was the major reason why Lampard got in behind Barcelona's backline on a number of occasions, culminating in that chance that Robben should have scored Doh Doh
    S4P

Post by S4P Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:49 pm

Zack_thfc wrote:FINALLY....after 20 years, we final break the HooDoo Shackles!

To think most of the team played on Thursday night, the energy and drive today, absolutely magificent!

Keane, the most under-rated player ever, superb....I saw shit dribbling from Khalid Boularouz pants, when Keane took him to the cleaner's. Chimonda MOTM for me, won nearly every ball in the air, played with such energy and heart, a fave already. Dawson and King...Rock as always....and Ekotto is begining to find his feet...

Finally, Lennon......No End product huh Kimbo? His young, 19...he will learn.....and I think he learnt the art of composure, when given a chance....

congrats mate. Best team won Ale

I know you guys have been waiting for so long for that win (not even I can remember the last time you won).

Don't worry, we'll put 5 past you at the Bridge and all will be forgotten Wink
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:50 pm

Keane is the mutts nuts, although he hasnt had a great start to the season in fairness considering how well he played last season.

Spurs play good football, they have done since the start of the season just not getting the result they deserved. It was only a matter of time.

By the way, same for West Ham- watched some of their performances this season and just never understood how they are struggling.

Good day for 2 of the league's most pure footballing sides <Ale>
    Zack

Number of posts : 1571
    Supports : Tottenham Hotspur
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by Zack Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:54 pm

S4P wrote:

congrats mate. Best team won Ale

I know you guys have been waiting for so long for that win (not even I can remember the last time you won).

Don't worry, we'll put 5 past you at the Bridge and all will be forgotten Wink

<Ale> <Ale> <Ale>

To be fair, although I think we just bout deserved the result, you lot played extreamly well, especially going down to 10 men and at times had us hanging on a lil at the end......Robben was fantastic and not just because of That shot at the end...caused us alot of problems every time he had the ball....

But believe me, it has been a very long time.... cheers Very Happy Very Happy
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:06 pm

Chelsea need a right back!

I don't think there is any team in the world as matured and mentally strong as chelsea.

Was a very entertaing match, congrats to spurs <Ale>
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:22 pm

S4P wrote:Puro mate, there is a difference between 'fouling' and 'diving', I'll make it very clear for you mate, seen as there seems to have been a problem with the understanding of the language.

Fouling is like what Marquez did to Makelele. It's where you trip them up as they try to go past you.

Diving is like what Deco did famously. Where you aren't touched yet try to con the ref into giving you a free kick. Divers also tend to get over their pain easily and jump back up to full fitness when somebody kicks the ball at their stomach as they roll around in pain.

Chelsea conceded about 20 fouls to Barca's 15, but at least half of the 'fouls' Chelsea committed were good, conning dives Ale

Fouling is also when Boulahrouz kicks Ronaldinho's ankles.

And diving is also Drogba in the 1st half.

Just thought I'd even it up Wink
    S4P

Post by S4P Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:24 pm

kasnani wrote:
    S4P wrote:Puro mate, there is a difference between 'fouling' and 'diving', I'll make it very clear for you mate, seen as there seems to have been a problem with the understanding of the language.

Fouling is also when Boulahrouz kicks Ronaldinho's ankles.

And diving is also Drogba in the 1st half.

Just thought I'd even it up Wink

Laughing Ale
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:24 pm

@ kasani... just to back you up a bit from today's game...

fouling is also when lampard tries to snap chimbonda's leg in two... twas very similar to the alonso ankle breaking incident from flump
    S4P

Post by S4P Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:48 pm

But not quite as bad as the tackles on Naysmith and Nolan, where Gerrard has tried to leave boot marks on their chests Wink
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:49 pm

S4P wrote:But not quite as bad as the tackles on Naysmith and Nolan, where Gerrard has tried to leave boot marks on their chests Wink

The tackle on Naysmith was clearly fair.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:49 pm

I went to the game today, in with the Yids, but missed a few things. Was Chimbonda really injured by Fat Frank or was he playing? Why was Drogba's goal ruled out? What was Maureen's post match interview like?

Hmm?
    Rosy
    Rosy

Number of posts : 2047
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Rosy Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:55 pm

S4P wrote:But not quite as bad as the tackles on Naysmith and Nolan, where Gerrard has tried to leave boot marks on their chests Wink

Yes there was a worse tackle on van Persie today and the crowd proceeded to give him stick for being injured and then threw a coin at him. Lampard's was a clumsy bad tackle but to say he was trying to break a player's ankle is ridiculous. Alonso was just very unlucky but Liverpool fans keep whining on about it two years later as if none of their players have ever caused an injury to another player through a badly timed tackle.
    Rosy
    Rosy

Number of posts : 2047
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Rosy Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:58 pm

Glenn Hysen wrote:I went to the game today, in with the Yids, but missed a few things. Was Chimbonda really injured by Fat Frank or was he playing? Why was Drogba's goal ruled out? What was Maureen's post match interview like?

Hmm?

No Chimbonda wasn't injured because he played the whole match afterwards and played very well. The goal was ruled out because Terry apparently pulled someone's shirt (not obvious from the playback) before the ball was crossed (the referee's own explanation) and the referee gave a foul despite the ball not being in play.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:02 pm

@Rosy,

what did you think of the game? As COTR meantioned in another thread, the irony is that Chelsea played some of the best free flowing football I've seen under Mourinho, yet go away without a point.

As a chelsea fan, are you more happy with the performance, or unhappy with the result?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:00 am