Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Glenarch of the Glen
youonlycametooseeeboue
Kimbo
Zack
blutgraetsche
christmasborocooper
Sgoater1
Kroos
Football Genius
Parks lives
Tweesus
GR
Keano Is God
Ricardo Jol
La Saeta Rubia
Hardrada
Steveo
Tom
COTR
poiuy1
Machiavel
25 posters

Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc.

Poll

Who will win>

[ 8 ]
    Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc. - Page 10 Bar_left30%Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc. - Page 10 Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc. - Page 10 Bar_left70%Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc. - Page 10 Bar_right [70%] 

Total Votes: 27

Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc. - Page 10 Empty Re: Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:16 pm

Sir Parks Lives wrote:Agger was there second choice.
    their
    L r d

Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc. - Page 10 Empty Re: Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc.

Post by L r d Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:18 pm

Carragher-Hyypia is the first choice partnership - or atleast it was when Agger was signed - he was bought as back-up, as shown by the 2 games he played since January.

Poiuy, I think he's 21, but I'm unsure. I can't say I know too much about him TBH. He disappeared for 4-5 months, I guess through injury.
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by poiuy1 Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:19 pm

I think he means that he was Second choice to Vidic who chose United over liverpool

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:20 pm

Jose: The better team won ok
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:20 pm

poiuy1 wrote:I think he means that he was Second choice to Vidic who chose United over liverpool

why would I say something like that. Laughing
    poiuy1

Post by poiuy1 Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:22 pm

Sir Parks Lives wrote:
    poiuy1 wrote:I think he means that he was Second choice to Vidic who chose United over liverpool

Vidic the Redblood <Ale>

What was nutters nickname for him?
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:22 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:
    their
    we bid for agger at the start of last season but it was rejected long before any vidic january transfer RUMOURS so plz prove ur words for a change spank

Last edited by on Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:22 pm

Ahh, yes and no then. We were linked with Vidic alot before you signed him in January, true. But, we'd be linked with Agger (and tried to sign him) back in the summer. Our interest carried through.

Last edited by on Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:23 pm

poiuy1 wrote:
    Sir Parks Lives wrote:

Vidic the Redblood <Ale>

The Red Wall. Laugh
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:24 pm

Sir Parks Lives wrote:
    poiuy1 wrote:
    Sir Parks Lives wrote:

Vidic the Redblood <Ale>

The Red Wall. Laugh

I thought it was Ivan Drago..wait that's his real name.
    poiuy1

Post by poiuy1 Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:27 pm

Obispo wrote:

Ahh, yes and no then. We were linked with Vidic alot before you signed him in January, true. But, we'd be linked with Agger (and tried to sign him) back in the summer. Our interest carried through.

Yeah but i think a lot of clubs had been chasing him also the fact that his season ended at the beginning of December in Russia.

he came out and said afterwards that he Chose United over Liverpool who made an offer for him.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:29 pm

poiuy1 wrote:
    he came out and said afterwards that he Chose United over Liverpool who made an offer for him.

Does that really shock you? It's the standard way to endeer yourself to the fans of the team you've just joined.

Not saying we did or we didn't, but he'd have said that either way.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:31 pm

Obispo wrote:
    poiuy1 wrote:

Does that really shock you? It's the standard way to endeer yourself to the fans of the team you've just joined.

Not saying we did or we didn't, but he'd have said that either way.

I agree with you there.

Zokora is doing my head in, in nearly ever interview he bangs on about how he snubbed Man United and Arsenal for Spurs. Rolling Eyes

I'm sure if Arsenal or Man United really went after him he would of ended up at either one of those clubs.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:31 pm

I really dont care if Vidic turned us down, he's good, but he's nothing special
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:33 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:I really dont care if Vidic turned us down, he's good, but he's nothing special

Is this my cue to start crying and say no one ever rates Man United players.
    B.I.L.F.
    B.I.L.F.

Number of posts : 205
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Student / Assistant Golf Pro
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by B.I.L.F. Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:33 pm

look on agger and vidic...........i can say honestly im glad you Vidic choose you lot and we got agger then...........I think most L'pool fans would agree !
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:33 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:I really dont care if Vidic turned us down, he's good, but he's nothing special

I disagree. I think he'll be a revelation if he gets a good run in the first team. Ideally, he would have joined Chelsea, who's defensive system is closest to Serbia's - IE, sit back deep and clear every ball into the box. He'll take longer to settle into Utd's high-line, but he will settle. He was awesome against Arsenal at Old Trafford.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:33 pm

Sir Parks Lives wrote:

Is this my cue to start crying and say no one ever rates Man United players.
    yes Very Happy
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by DD Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:34 pm

How in the feck did Lampard not get sent off? BBC replayed it ONCE briefly, and never mentioned the actual incident. It looked like Lampard aimed at the bollocks from behind. It reminded me of what Materazzi did on Shevshenko.

You do that on the pitch and watch the mass brawl start.

He's getting less sympathetic with every minute. He definitely has a chip on his shoulder.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Chelsea:
    Cudicini, 5
    Paulo Ferreira, 5
    Mikel 81, 5
    Terry, 6
    Ricardo Carvalho, 5
    Essien, 7
    Geremi, 5
    Bridge 53, 5
    Ballack 5
    Kalou 26, 6
    Lampard, 5.5
    Shevchenko, 7.5
    Drogba, 5.5
    Wright-Phillips 71, 5
    Robben, 5
    Diarra 62, 5

Liverpool:
    Reina, 6
    Finnan, 7
    Agger, 6
    Carragher, 6
    Riise, 7
    Pennant 6
    Gerrard 60, 5.5
    Sissoko, 8
    Zenden, 6
    Alonso 60, 4
    Gonzalez, 5
    Aurelio 56, 5.5
    Crouch, 6.5
    Sinama Pongolle 89,5
    Luis Garcia, 4
    Bellamy 66. 7

Bellamy was the only winger today that new how to play his role.
    Robben, SWP, are totally lost in the chelsea line-up
    Garcia is more waste than my north amercian gas guzzling work truck Very Happy
    Pennant looks like he will get better with time maybe.
    Lampard is labouring... elephant
    Terry is okay the goal was not his fault but chelsea were pulled out of shape so is part to blame being captain..... Wink
    Alonso's touch was scary affraid
    Shevchenko showed his class....Cool

Last edited by on Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:35 pm

I think its the same situation as Agger.

In an ideal world we would continue with Rio and Brown which is an awesome partnership.

The problem is Brown gets injured to much, hence why Vidic has been used more.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:36 pm

Distinguished Dutchman wrote:How in the feck did Lampard not get sent off? BBC replayed it ONCE briefly, and never mentioned the actual incident. It looked like Lampard aimed at the bollocks from behind. It reminded me of what Materazzi did on Shevshenko.

He's getting less sympathetic with every minute. He definitely has a chip on his shoulder.

It's getting bigger by the day with that man, all hail dave kitson cheers
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:36 pm

Distinguished Dutchman wrote:How in the feck did Lampard not get sent off? BBC replayed it ONCE briefly, and never mentioned the actual incident. It looked like Lampard aimed at the bollocks from behind. It reminded me of what Materazzi did on Shevshenko.

I agree. Should of been a straight red. Even Andy Gray couldn't defend it.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:37 pm

Alonso was poor, no quibbles there - he looked off the pace more than anything. Garcia though? Are you kidding? He was good today, particularly first half. That turn and pass for Gonzalez (that ended up with garcia and crouch getting in eachothers way) was top notch.

Not outstanding, but good today. IMHO. 4 is far too harsh. Aurelio and Alonso were both worse, as was Crouch.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:39 pm

Sir Parks Lives wrote:I think its the same situation as Agger.

In an ideal world we would continue with Rio and Brown which is an awesome partnership.

The problem is Brown gets injured to much, hence why Vidic has been used more.

I've said all along as far as Agger and Vidic are concerned - Both clubs got the ideal player for them. We got a ball playing centreback with a bit of pace - a great alternative to what we already have. You got a strong, no nonsense defender - a good compliment to either Brown or Rio (or Heinze/Silvestre).

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:41 pm

Cudicini, 5
    Paulo Ferreira, 4
    Mikel 81, 4
    Terry, 5
    Ricardo Carvalho, 5
    Essien, 6
    Geremi, 5
    Bridge 53, 5
    Ballack 5
    Kalou 26, 6
    Lampard, 5.5
    Shevchenko, 7
    Drogba, 5.5
    Wright-Phillips 71, 6
    Robben, 5
    Diarra 62, 5

Liverpool:
    Reina, 6
    Finnan, 7
    Agger, 7
    Carragher, 7
    Riise, 7
    Pennant 5
    Gerrard 60, 5
    Sissoko, 8
    Zenden, 6
    Alonso 60, 4
    Gonzalez, 6
    Aurelio 56, 6
    Crouch, 6.5
    Sinama Pongolle 89,4
    Luis Garcia, 6
    Bellamy 66. 7
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:42 pm

Essien a 6???!?!

Was I the only person who thought he played excellently today?

I thought he was Chelsea's best player.
    B.I.L.F.
    B.I.L.F.

Post by B.I.L.F. Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:43 pm

garcia was good in the 1st half......always be an impact sub in my eyes though.
    B.I.L.F.
    B.I.L.F.

Post by B.I.L.F. Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:44 pm

essien was one of their better players for sure.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:45 pm

Sure I was out with a few players. But I give points to players firstly how they play as a team. Crouch always is avaliable.....Wink
    Alonso.....Think was below average for the amount of time he was on there. Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:12 pm