Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Glenarch of the Glen
youonlycametooseeeboue
Kimbo
Zack
blutgraetsche
christmasborocooper
Sgoater1
Kroos
Football Genius
Parks lives
Tweesus
GR
Keano Is God
Ricardo Jol
La Saeta Rubia
Hardrada
Steveo
Tom
COTR
poiuy1
Machiavel
25 posters

Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc.

Poll

Who will win>

[ 8 ]
    Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc. - Page 2 Bar_left30%Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc. - Page 2 Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc. - Page 2 Bar_left70%Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc. - Page 2 Bar_right [70%] 

Total Votes: 27
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc. - Page 2 Empty Re: Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc.

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:14 am

Chelsea to win. they have 1000 times better players! So it would be a humiliation if they lose against a mid table team...
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc. - Page 2 Empty Re: Charity shield winners: Liverpool fc.

Post by COTR Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:05 am

ricardojol wrote:Chelsea to win. they have 1000 times better players! So it would be a humiliation if they lose against a mid table team...
    seriously ricardo that is the lamest post i think I have ever seen.. u could at least try to hide your hatred a bit
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:09 am

Okay I translate my post

"Chelsea are the favourites because they have the better team"

Is this better? Wink
    Keano Is God
    Keano Is God

Number of posts : 439
    Supports : Manchester United and Celtic
    Favourite Player : Student
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Keano Is God Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:11 am

i reckon liverpool will win because supposedly cech is injured ande i dont think cuddicini or hilario are anywhere near the level of cech
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:22 am

ricardojol wrote:Okay I translate my post

"Chelsea are the favourites because they have the better team"

Is this better? Wink
    marginally Wink

why do you think chelsea are at their best ever price with the bookmakers to win a single game today ricardo??? you should be snapping their hands off with this confidence Smile

@ keano... I think carlo is a more than suitable sub... my hope for today is that ballack and lampard play together in a 4 man midfield Razz
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:31 am

COTR

Sorry, now serious! It was an easy win up... pirat

Do you think one of the two Dutch scoucers get some playing time?

BTW I don't hate Liverpool. They are clearly the biggest team in England! But the last couple of years they do not play attractive football that I'd like see from them... sunny
    GR
    GR

Number of posts : 655
    Supports : Liverpool FC
    Favourite Player : Momo Sissoko, King Kenny, Robbie Fowler, Ian Rush, Daniel Agger, Xabi Alonso, Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by GR Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:35 am

ricardojol wrote:COTR

Sorry, now serious! It was an easy win up... pirat

Do you think one of the two Dutch scoucers get some playing time?

BTW I don't hate Liverpool. They are clearly the biggest team in England! But the last couple of years they do not play attractive football that I'd like see from them... sunny

I just dont get it - where do people get the notion of Liverpool being boring from?

Have you even watched any Liverpool games last season?
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:36 am

yes....
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:38 am

Kromkamp maybe today...... although finnan was excellent during the week.... he needs to impress when he gets the chance to displace finnan who is a firm favourite with rafa...

Zenden I want to personally buy a plane ticket for on the first flight back to holland... unfortunatly i think he may be around to ruin quite a few performances this year

Kuyt on the other hand Smile I hope all you dutchies' hype about him is correct.... it's looking like a bidding war between kuyt and klose... (id prefer klose Smile )
    GR
    GR

Number of posts : 655
    Supports : Liverpool FC
    Favourite Player : Momo Sissoko, King Kenny, Robbie Fowler, Ian Rush, Daniel Agger, Xabi Alonso, Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by GR Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:44 am

ricardojol wrote:yes....

West Ham(FA Cup final), Birmingham 7-0, Man Utd 1-0, Chelsea 2-1, Luton 5-3, Birmingham 2-2, Chelsea 1-4(i know we lost)

There are more

But you seriously think you found all of these games boring?
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:45 am

Kuyt or Klose?

Klose would be the better for you IMO, more likely to put the ball in the back of the net.

Juyt is better at build up play but IMO thats not what you need, you need a finisher
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:20 am

Kuyt is also a finisher!

I think Kuyt and Klose are quite similar players so it's a coin toss which player is better for you!

Perhaps Klose has a tiny better record in the finishing touch and Kuyt has a better basic skills. He can control the ball better than Klose and is difficult to get off the ball.

It depends on how Benitez are going to use Kuyt or Klose. When you only play long high balls on both players you'd better buy another player! in a 4-5-1 system both players are useless and will be the next Cissé...
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:21 am

Klose all the way but it wont happen
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:36 am

does anyone know which team will be the 'home' team today?
    Hardrada

Number of posts : 2106
    Supports : Chelsea FC
    Favourite Player : GFZ

Post by Hardrada Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:52 pm

Chelsea are the home team, Liverpool are away.

In practice it makes no difference.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:58 pm

Good luck to Liverpool. You'll need it.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Ballack wrote:Good luck to Liverpool. You'll need it.
    if garcia starts... you haven't a prayer Smile
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:01 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:
    Fighting bring it on ok
    Twisted Evil Lets hope we see some good footbal though, none of Liverpools anti-football...
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:01 pm

Ballack wrote:
    Crouching Tiger wrote:
    Fighting bring it on ok
    Twisted Evil Lets hope we see some good footbal though, none of Liverpools anti-football...
    LMFAO.. ur nearly as bad as jose....
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:03 pm

Can they make it 20 mins each way. So we don't all fall asleep.
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:03 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:
    COTR wrote:
    Ballack wrote:
    Crouching Tiger wrote:
    Fighting bring it on ok
    I really don't see how chelsea can coment on the subject of boring football....
    Boring football doesnt score the most goals in the premiership does it.
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:05 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:
    Ballack wrote:
    Crouching Tiger wrote:
    COTR wrote:
    Ballack wrote:
    Crouching Tiger wrote:
    Fighting bring it on ok
    I really don't see how chelsea can coment on the subject of boring football....
    Boring football doesnt score the most goals in the premiership does it.
    yes, yes it does. Boring, boring golas
    Ironic really. 4-1 at anfield was it? boring football is not chelsea. We utilise Drogba to his strenghs, you use crouch just to punt it up there. Against Maccabi, you tried the nice stuff and were rubbish, bring crouch on and hes your saviour...
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654

Post by poiuy1 Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:08 pm

It's going to be a bore draw the only interesting thing will be seeing Ballack and Seva in a competative game
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:09 pm

Common the pool lets show em RED is the colour Wink

Hes big hes red hes feet hang out the bed PETER CROUCH ! PETER CROUCH !

STEVIE GERRARD GERRARD HE HITS EM FROM 40YARDS HES BIG AND HES FOOKING HARD STEVIE GERRARD GERRARD !

Off to the pub now (in manchester of all places haha)
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:09 pm

@ ballack... u are turning this into a windup thread with those ridiculously uninformed comments.... you want to pick single matches then ill give you the last two major cup finals we have played in plus scoring an average of about 3.5 goals on the way to winning the FA cup...

neither chelsea nor liverpool play boring football... it's just they are normally better than the other teams so have to break through an 11 man defence in most games... I love watching both teams play...
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:10 pm

COTR wrote:@ ballack... u are turning this into a windup thread with those ridiculously uninformed comments.... you want to pick single matches then ill give you the last two major cup finals we have played in plus scoring an average of about 3.5 goals on the way to winning the FA cup...

neither chelsea nor liverpool play boring football... it's just they are normally better than the other teams so have to break through an 11 man defence in most games... I love watching both teams play...
    Biggrin i know, just trying to get one over you mentally before the match <Ale>
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:11 pm

Ballack wrote:
    COTR wrote:@ ballack... u are turning this into a windup thread with those ridiculously uninformed comments.... you want to pick single matches then ill give you the last two major cup finals we have played in plus scoring an average of about 3.5 goals on the way to winning the FA cup...

1-0 to liverpool already then Smile
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:11 pm

COTR wrote:
    Ballack wrote:

1-0 to liverpool already then Smile
    well actually i managed to get you to defend yourself twice and then write a massive post. 1-0 to chelsea farao
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:00 pm

when does the game start?
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:02 pm

3 o'clock kick off

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:35 pm