Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

HOW GOOD IS GOOD?

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

HOW GOOD IS GOOD? Empty HOW GOOD IS GOOD?

Post by Puro Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:48 pm

I've learned recently how good a player can be. I always thought Gallas was a really good defender, one of the best in the world. However, now we're learning we've been witnessing greatness right in front of our eyes.

How good is good? Gallas is so good, TWO teams miss him at the same time! Folks! that's stuff of legends! Enjoy Gallas when he returns to action. We've seen some teams that actually play better without certain "world class" players. Gallas is sorely missed not by one, but by two teams at the same time. Gallas legend! I knew he was really good, and now I see Gallas is a legendary defender. <Ale>
    Cesc

HOW GOOD IS GOOD? Empty Re: HOW GOOD IS GOOD?

Post by Cesc Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:50 pm

Yup can't wait to see Gallas back in an Arsenal shirt. Should be back for the New Years game.

Without wishing to come across biased, he is probably the best defender in the league.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:50 pm

hmm, he is better than djourou and senderos but IMO we would miss Toure far more if we were to lose him.

Gallas is still settling in the team at present and I'm sure he will become a more valuable asset as time goes on.

you are obsessed with Chelsea Puro, secret lov-in? Wink
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:52 pm

Cesc wrote:
    Without wishing to come across biased, he is probably the best defender in the league.

He still needs to settle in a bit with us though. At Chelsea he clearly was the best in the league though, he just needs to get settled into our defence.

his versatility also makes him great, there aren't many players that can be world class in almost three positions
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:52 pm

Farfan!!! Now that is a good player Puro Wink I rate him higher then Drogba, he will be joining Chelsea soon I think, after Mourinho's whinning about that he has no strikers...
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:53 pm

Cesc wrote:Yup can't wait to see Gallas back in an Arsenal shirt. Should be back for the New Years game.

Great! I didn't know he was about to return. <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:59 pm

Tweedle wrote:hmm, he is better than djourou and senderos but IMO we would miss Toure far more if we were to lose him.

Gallas is still settling in the team at present and I'm sure he will become a more valuable asset as time goes on.

I like Chelsea. They've got terrific players, and are a very good team. The Gallas factor was bigger than originally thought. Why couldn't Jose just pay Gallas his worth? scratch

Terry demands club's highest wages, but Gallas didn't get pay top bucks! Madness! <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:00 pm

Puro Noel wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:hmm, he is better than djourou and senderos but IMO we would miss Toure far more if we were to lose him.

I like Chelsea. They've got terrific players, and are a very good team. The Gallas factor was bigger than originally thought. Why couldn't Jose just pay Gallas his worth? scratch

Terry demands club's highest wages, but Gallas didn't get pay top bucks! Madness! <Ale>

ah yes but S4P has proved that chelsea's recent dip in form is intrinsically linked to terry's absense Wink
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:02 pm

Fey wrote:Farfan!!! Now that is a good player Puro Wink I rate him higher then Drogba, he will be joining Chelsea soon I think, after Mourinho's whinning about that he has no strikers...

La Foquita's really good, but he ain't Drogba just yet. Farfan's lots better than Drogba at the same stage in their careers of course. However, right now Drogba's a monster, better than Farfan. La Foquita's relatively young (21-22), and he may become a monster in time. <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:09 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Puro Noel wrote:

ah yes but S4P has proved that chelsea's recent dip in form is intrinsically linked to terry's absense Wink

I know Tweedle! It's the local lad factor kicking in. Look, you see some decent Dutchies rating Farfan very high, some even rate him higher than Drogba. I could play "I support the local lad more than Johnny Foreigner" and say that La Foquita is better than Drogba too, but in my humble opinion he's not there yet. He may become even better than Drogba in the near future, but right now Drogba's better. <Ale>
    S4P

Post by S4P Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:30 pm

@ Puro

Gallas was offered a new £90,000 a week deal by Chelsea (or they were at least in negotiation about it) in January 2006. Gallas turned it down (allegedly), claiming that he would only sign if he was guaranteed to play CB. Mourinho could not make this promise, due to the fact Chelsea had no LB at the time (other than the 'flop' Del Horno), with Bridge on loan to Fulham and your mate Ashley Cole still at Arsenal.

I think Kenyon had more to do with the Gallas departure than Mourinho though, as he was the one doing all the negotiating of contracts with Gallas/Arsenal.

Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:36 pm