Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Bordeaux capture Cavenaghi

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Bordeaux capture Cavenaghi Empty Bordeaux capture Cavenaghi

Post by Batman Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:54 pm

Bordeaux have signed Argentinian striker Fernando Cavenaghi from Spartak Moscow.

Les Girondins have beaten off competition from a host of European clubs to land Cavenaghi on a four-and-a-half year deal.

Werder Bremen, Lazio, Racing Santander and Torino were all believed to be interested in signing the 23-year-old in January.

However, Cavenaghi opted for a move to France, with Bordeaux believed to have paid around €7million (£4.6million) for his services.

"I chose Bordeaux for their reputation, it is a large club and one of the largest teams in the country," Cavenaghi told the club's official website.

"I really wanted to join Les Girondins and be able to fully express myself with this team."

Having not played since the end of the Russian season in November, it is not thought Cavenaghi will be ready to go straight into the Bordeaux team.

Bordeaux capture Cavenaghi Cavenaghi_shirt

Remember him on Football Manager, did you sign him?
    doninha

Bordeaux capture Cavenaghi Empty Re: Bordeaux capture Cavenaghi

Post by doninha Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:07 pm

I don't play FM for 2 years...

is this guy still a good player in the pitch?
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:16 pm

Cavenaghi joined Spartak in July, 2004, with a goal-getting reputation, having netted over 50 times in less than 90 games for River Plate.

The 23-year-old, though, has struggled to adapt and to duplicate his scoring feats in Russia. He scored nine goals in 28 appearances during the 2006 campaign, up from seven the previous season.
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:30 am

Very good for Bordeaux. Wonder how they manage to get all this cash. They usually can't spend much. They needed a player like that since they sold Pauleta to P.S.G. Can't see him stay longer than 2 years though.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:53 am

I really hope this move helps him find back the form that had people calling him the next Batigol.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:29 am

I really hope he ends up playing in Hercules from spanish segunda...that's where a player that goes to Russian football just to earn some money rather than staying or going to a competitive league belongs
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:42 am

He was awesome i football manager 03/04, the best player in the game by a mile. I remember buying him and he scored 60 goals in 4o games for me, I always wondered what happened to him, I never saw him play, but from his stats on football manager, I thought he would be the new Ronaldo/Batigol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:11 am