Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
christmasborocooper
TM
debaser
Dwarf
Pierre Littbarski
Deano
theflyingfrenchman
Owen Thomas
"Tuffy" Monag
DS
Keano Is God
The Vermonster
16 posters

Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled

The Vermonster

Number of posts : 522
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Vermaelen - Exceeding the greatest expectations
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled Empty Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled

Post by The Vermonster Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:47 am

Wigan's win over Pompey moved them 5 points clear of the Hammers. Wigan also have a game in hand. More importantly Wigan would have given their self confidence an enormous boost by ending the series of 8 defeats.

The bottom three look headed straight down.

Well Matty you seem to have made the wrong choice.
    Keano Is God
    Keano Is God

Number of posts : 439
    Supports : Manchester United and Celtic
    Favourite Player : Student
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled Empty Re: Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled

Post by Keano Is God Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:59 am

defo agree
    as soon as upson went over i just thought there was no way back for them all
    Luis

Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled Empty Re: Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled

Post by Luis Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:11 am

I think West Ham may still be able to get out of it, they really need to start winning games now, and they need a bit of luck as well, they do have quality players, Ferdinand, Niell, Reo Coker, Benayoun, Harewood and if he can still play Teves, Ok he hasn't had a great career at West Ham but he doesn't get played, if West Ham are struggling why not give Teves a chance to prove himself? we know on form he's a world class player.

There have been a lot of behind the scenes activity that has effected the Hammers as well, they need to forget about that and try and do what Pompey did last season.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by DS Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:22 am

West Ham could stay up but i am feeling it like the last time they went down , too good to go down but they were relegated.

Last edited by on Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    "Tuffy" Monag

Number of posts : 405
    Supports : SLB
    Registration date : 2007-01-03

Post by "Tuffy" Monag Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:23 am

Wet H*m have to play away to Wigan and Sheff. United, very much two 6 pointers.
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..

Post by Owen Thomas Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:24 am

Luis wrote:I think West Ham may still be able to get out of it, they really need to start winning games now, and they need a bit of luck as well, they do have quality players, Ferdinand, Niell, Reo Coker, Benayoun, Harewood and if he can still play Teves, Ok he hasn't had a great career at West Ham but he doesn't get played, if West Ham are struggling why not give Teves a chance to prove himself? we know on form he's a world class player.

There have been a lot of behind the scenes activity that has effected the Hammers as well, they need to forget about that and try and do what Pompey did last season.

Tevez is injured.

The thing with West Ham is that they have an absolutely appalling fixture list. I would be very worried if I were a hammer.

They still have to play Arsenal away, Chelsea at home and Man Utd away. In my opinion they will lose all these games, they also need to face Spurs, Boro and Bolton which can be difficult.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:40 am

Remember the last time that West Ham were in a relegation fight? When people said that Bolton were shit, that West Ham were the better side and deserved to stay up?

Fuck them, let them go down and then it's time to poach.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:00 pm

theflyingfrenchman wrote:Remember the last time that West Ham were in a relegation fight? When people said that Bolton were shit, that West Ham were the better side and deserved to stay up?

Fuck them, let them go down and then it's time to poach.
    err.....wrong

thats just an inferiority complex the supporters of small northern clubs have....of course we were the favoured team FFS...we are not a small poxy club with a small fanbase, no history etc...thats why people want us to stay up and wanted us to stay up then (any questions on why,,there is a thread somewhere). Anyway of course we had a better team on paper...can you really compare Per Frandsen,Henrik Pedersen and Simon Charlton to Joe Cole,Freddi Kanouté and Glen Johnson etc?? Also we went on amazing run..the only two teams who had better form than us were yourselves and Arsenal...

we have Watford,Tottenham,Everton,Bolton and Boro at home to play
    we have Charlton,Wigan,Sheff Utd to play away

all these games are winnable so its far far from being over!

we also have the likes of Neill,Ferdinand,Gabbidon,Upson,Bowyer,Ashton and Tevez to come back from injury and play a part

I still think we will get out of it ok
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:32 pm

I hope that West Ham get out of it, but I'm not sure if they will. Despite their squad containing numerous good players, their manager is conservative and they've had some bad luck with injuries of late.

Still, if they do go down then they have the financial resources to work through the squad, cut away some of the driftwood and put together a team more or less guaranteed of promotion next season.

They'll be the Chelsea of the Championship...
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:36 pm

Saintsarama wrote:I hope that West Ham get out of it, but I'm not sure if they will. Despite their squad containing numerous good players, their manager is conservative and they've had some bad luck with injuries of late.

Still, if they do go down then they have the financial resources to work through the squad, cut away some of the driftwood and put together a team more or less guaranteed of promotion next season.

They'll be the Chelsea of the Championship...

it's going to be very hard...but I wont give up hope until we are relegated...

None of wanted/want Curbishley...people are even saying go and get Pardew back Laughing if only ok

as for the championship..we'll suffer the same problem as our first year down there....every time a club play West Ham they'll treat is as a cup final..which games will be twice as hard, we didn't even beat Rotherham at Millmoor at two attempts because the bastards played their hearts out...but yeah if the worst does happen I think we'll get straight back up
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:51 pm

Unless we get AT LEAST 10 points from the next 4 we're fucked and with 2 wins this season that would appear to be out of reach:

WHU (a)
    Wigan (h)
    Everton (h)
    Charlton (h)

WHU and Charlton have more chance of staying up than Watford (obviously) but we would be the best placed of the 3 relegated teams to come straight back.

Everyone tips the big clubs to come straight back but they usually sell 10 + players and buy 10 + players leaving them with little chance however good the players are.

Assuming we can't do it I would love to see 2 from Wigan, Charlton, WHU go on a great run so that Sheff Utd can come down with us ok
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:20 pm

aby_gooner wrote:Wigan's win over Pompey moved them 5 points clear of the Hammers. Wigan also have a game in hand. More importantly Wigan would have given their self confidence an enormous boost by ending the series of 8 defeats.

The bottom three look headed straight down.

Well Matty you seem to have made the wrong choice.

Hes not that good anyway, always injured aswell dont know who would want him if west ham go down, maybe one of the promoted teams.

Nothing is settled yet all have to play each other very soon, between sheff utd charlton and west ham. wigan will get out of it i think, watford are gone.
    The Vermonster

Post by The Vermonster Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Between WHU and Wigan the former look to have more difficult fixture list, even though they have a better squad. Add to that a 5 point disadvantage and a game more played, WHU look all set to go down.

If that happens there could be a fire sale of talent. I wouldnt mind taking Ashton.

Fixtures for WHU

Tough ones (will be lucky to get a point)
    Arsenal (A), Blackburn (A), Chelsea (H), Bolton (H), Man Utd (H)

50-50 games
    Wigan (A), Sheffield Utd (A), Everton(H),

Winnable Matches
    Boro (H), Watford(H), Charlton(A), Tottenham(H)

Fixture list for Wigan
    Tough Matches
    Arsenal(A), Bolton(H), Liverpool(A)

50-50 Matches
    Villa(A), Sheff Utd (A), West Ham(H), Tottenham(H), Man City(A), Watford(A)

Winnable Matches
    Boro(H), Charlton(A), Fulham(H), Newcastle(H)

Looking at the above list West Ham look screwed for sure. But then stranger things have happened in football. But if I were to bet I will bet on Hammers playing in Championship next season.[/u]
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:01 pm

aby_gooner wrote:Between WHU and Wigan the former look to have more difficult fixture list, even though they have a better squad. Add to that a 5 point disadvantage and a game more played, WHU look all set to go down.

If that happens there could be a fire sale of talent. I wouldnt mind taking Ashton.

Fixtures for WHU

Tough ones (will be lucky to get a point)
    Arsenal (A), Blackburn (A), Chelsea (H), Bolton (H), Man Utd (H)

50-50 games
    Wigan (A), Sheffield Utd (A), Everton(H),

Winnable Matches
    Boro (H), Watford(H), Charlton(A), Tottenham(H)

Fixture list for Wigan
    Tough Matches
    Arsenal(A), Bolton(H), Liverpool(A)

50-50 Matches
    Villa(A), Sheff Utd (A), West Ham(H), Tottenham(H), Man City(A), Watford(A)

Winnable Matches
    Boro(H), Charlton(A), Fulham(H), Newcastle(H)

Looking at the above list West Ham look screwed for sure. But then stranger things have happened in football. But if I were to bet I will bet on Hammers playing in Championship next season.[/u]

Proper relegation fights have nothing to do with fixture lists. Especially with West Ham/Wigan. West Ham especially will win at least 50% of remaining fixtures
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:08 pm

I can see Sheff Utd getting dragged into it. Got a nasty run of fixtures, no real easy games in the next 8 and then 4 of their last 5 are against the bottom 4. if they go into them on a bad run of form, they could be in trouble

Saturday, 10 February 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Sheff Utd v Tottenham, 15:00

Saturday, 24 February 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Liverpool v Sheff Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 03 March 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Sheff Utd v Everton, 15:00

Saturday, 17 March 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Chelsea v Sheff Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 31 March 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Bolton v Sheff Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 07 April 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Sheff Utd v Newcastle, 15:00

Tuesday, 10 April 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Man Utd v Sheff Utd, 20:00

Saturday, 14 April 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Sheff Utd v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 21 April 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Charlton v Sheff Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 28 April 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Sheff Utd v Watford, 15:00

Saturday, 05 May 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Aston Villa v Sheff Utd, 15:00

Sunday, 13 May 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Sheff Utd v Wigan, 15:00
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:11 pm

why is at home to Bolton a "lucky if we get a point" match...are you kidding? I wont be happy if we don't get a point minimum...same with Everton at home 50-50 scratch

rubbish...

everyone of them but Man Utd away,Arsenal away and Chelsea at home are winnable....
    The Vermonster

Post by The Vermonster Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:12 pm

Sheffield Utd have a 7 point advantage over WHU. How much ever I want them to go down, I dont see them suffering relegation.

As I see WHU have signed too many players. Might be too late for them before they settle.
    The Vermonster

Post by The Vermonster Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:17 pm

Deaño-WHUFC wrote:why is at home to Bolton a "lucky if we get a point" match...are you kidding? I wont be happy if we don't get a point minimum...same with Everton at home 50-50 scratch

rubbish...

everyone of them but Man Utd away,Arsenal away and Chelsea at home are winnable....

Theoretically every single game is winnable. Given the form difference between Everton and you, all three results are equally likely (so 50-50)

Same with Blackburn away. Little chance of you winning there. Bolton too seem to be leagues ahead of you, and they will be gunning for the CL place. would be difficult for you.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:18 pm

aby_gooner wrote:
    Deaño-WHUFC wrote:why is at home to Bolton a "lucky if we get a point" match...are you kidding? I wont be happy if we don't get a point minimum...same with Everton at home 50-50 scratch

rubbish...

Theoretically every single game is winnable. Given the form difference between Everton and you, all three results are equally likely (so 50-50)

Same with Blackburn away. Little chance of you winning there. Bolton too seem to be leagues ahead of you, and they will be gunning for the CL place. would be difficult for you.
    Bolton just struggled at home to Charlton....nothing is decided yet at all...5 points and 7 points is nothing with 12 games to play!
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:19 pm

West Ham will surivive...

Hopefully Charlton, Sheffield and Wigan all go down

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    The Vermonster

Post by The Vermonster Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:23 pm

Target Man wrote:West Ham will surivive...

How on earth will Watford manage to escape? They themselves seem to be resigned to that.

Among the candidates I want WHU and Wigan to stay up. Would love Sheff Utd to go down. As Deano pointed out given the quality in WHU squad they can pull it off... the question is will they ever play to their capabilities.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:23 pm

I think the bottom 3 now is the 3 that are going. Cant see West Ham saving themselves now.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:33 pm

aby_gooner wrote:
    Target Man wrote:West Ham will surivive...

How on earth will Watford manage to escape? They themselves seem to be resigned to that.

Among the candidates I want WHU and Wigan to stay up. Would love Sheff Utd to go down. As Deano pointed out given the quality in WHU squad they can pull it off... the question is will they ever play to their capabilities.

well that can only be answered by the end of the season ok...I cant understand anyone saying "they are doomed" "I cant see a way out" with 12 games to go FFS...perhaps if theere were half that amount it would be justified...even Watford who look down can escape...it only takes a couple of games to change the whole outlook...and the fact is there are 6 lots of these couple of games Ale
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:48 pm

What is the myth that West Ham have history, or at least mor ehistory than the likes of Sheffield and Bolton? Both are founding members of the football league, Sheffield were the first club to be founded in England!

Just because West Ham are a fashionable London team, and the other two are northern, the press want to see them down.

I don't have anything against West Ham personally; But I would rather Wigan stay up.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:50 pm

As for West Ham had better players when they went down:

Tofting, Djorkaeff, Jussi, Okocha, N'Gotty, Bergsson, Laville, Ricketts, Mendy (French international), Gardner....

They're all excellent playes, as good as anything West ham could offer.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:53 pm

theflyingfrenchman wrote:What is the myth that West Ham have history, or at least mor ehistory than the likes of Sheffield and Bolton? Both are founding members of the football league, Sheffield were the first club to be founded in England!

Just because West Ham are a fashionable London team, and the other two are northern, the press want to see them down.

I don't have anything against West Ham personally; But I would rather Wigan stay up.

1)If you think West Ham don't have history you are sorely mistaken mate...history has nothing to do with age..otherwise Notts County would be the team with most history

2)You've always told me you hated West Ham and Wigan

theflyingfrenchman wrote:As for West Ham had better players when they went down:

Tofting, Djorkaeff, Jussi, Okocha, N'Gotty, Bergsson, Laville, Ricketts, Mendy (French international), Gardner....

Jussi,Bergsson and Mendy ok over James,Dailly and Breen

otherwise I dont think the others are better than Johnson,Sinclair,Carrick,Cole,Di Canio,Kanouté,Defoe,Bowyer, and Schemmell
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:57 pm

Deaño-WHUFC wrote:
    theflyingfrenchman wrote:What is the myth that West Ham have history, or at least mor ehistory than the likes of Sheffield and Bolton? Both are founding members of the football league, Sheffield were the first club to be founded in England!

1)If you think West Ham don't have history you are sorely mistaken mate...history has nothing to do with age..otherwise Notts County would be the team with most history

I'm not saying West ham don't have history, It's just that the way the London clubs go on about it, they're the only ones who've played football in England for 150 years. The truth is, Bolton have as much history if not more than anyother team in the Premiership.

I dislike Wigan, but as they are another Northern club, it's better to keep those derbies. And I like West Ham as well, I just wish that people wouldn't favour them all the time. It's always, I'd rather Wigan went down, or I'd rather Sheffield went down. And it's always, "oh because they've got more history, or a bigger fanbase". Who the fuck cares? What shitty reasons are they to favour a team.

Fuck that, let the worst team go down.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:59 pm

Its not the fact they are northern people want them to go down...

Chelsea,Arsenal and Tottenham are 3 of the most hated teams in the country!
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:01 pm

Deaño-WHUFC wrote:

theflyingfrenchman wrote:As for West Ham had better players when they went down:

Jussi,Bergsson and Mendy ok over James,Dailly and Breen

otherwise I dont think the others are better than Johnson,Sinclair,Carrick,Cole,Di Canio,Kanouté,Defoe,Bowyer, and Schemmell

I would say N'Gotty>Johnson, Okocha>Cole, Laville>Schemmel, Djorkaeff>Defoe, Campo>Carrick ( back then)

But then, I am a Bolton fan, so I guess my view will be slightly biased. How good our players were that second part of the season... Better than they are now. We were playing champagne football.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:03 pm

Deaño-WHUFC wrote:Its not the fact they are northern people want them to go down...

Chelsea,Arsenal and Tottenham are 3 of the most hated teams in the country!

But the press adore these teams (apart from Chelsea): hence why they are hated by all the other football fans.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:41 am