Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
christmasborocooper
TM
debaser
Dwarf
Pierre Littbarski
Deano
theflyingfrenchman
Owen Thomas
"Tuffy" Monag
DS
Keano Is God
The Vermonster
16 posters

Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled

christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:04 pm

Laville was quality.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm

borocooper wrote:Laville was quality.

Now playing at Bastia, from injury to injury. Met him once, really nice guy as well.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:07 pm

theflyingfrenchman wrote:
    Deaño-WHUFC wrote:Its not the fact they are northern people want them to go down...

Chelsea,Arsenal and Tottenham are 3 of the most hated teams in the country!

But the press adore these teams (apart from Chelsea): hence why they are hated by all the other football fans.

I wouldn't really say that...

Arsenal and West Ham have always been liked for the way they play football (for us exclude this season)

They would rather watch West Ham vs Blackburn...where we are likely to knock the ball about and make a great game as well as great viewing...than Sheff Utd vs Watford(sorry Kuntz) where the ball is hoofed for 90 minutes and someone wins a scrappy 1-0
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:24 pm

Deano, how about a letter to Poll and Rennie? That's 4 points blatantly robbed from you by the ref.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:25 pm

They'd be getting a shit load of letters if everyone did that.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:26 pm

Take Anelka, Gardner and Diouf out of the Bolton team and they're the same as Watford - I can see why they get slated.

Kevin Nolan for England anyone ?

Laugh
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:27 pm

DD wrote:Deano, how about a letter to Poll and Rennie? That's 4 points blatantly robbed from you by the ref.

Yup...is looking to be important...its knocked the confidence too...thats twice the players have played their hearts out deserved 3 points and came away with one...it has a depressing effect on everyone at the club...

but we have to be strong and look to tackling these winnable games and coming away with 3 points...

Im going to all the home ones because Im a season ticket holder...and should be there away to Charlton,Wigan,Arsenal,Sheff Utd and Man Utd
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:29 pm

<Ale>
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:17 pm

Stefan Kuntz wrote:Take Anelka, Gardner and Diouf out of the Bolton team and they're the same as Watford - I can see why they get slated.

Laugh

I doubt that we'd be the same, seeing as we've had Gardner out for the whole this season. The difference is that our midfielders (Campo) can pass, tackle and track back (nolan and Speed), our defence is one of the best in the league and yours is shit, and our strike force of Davies, Diouf and Anelka is miles better than whoever you can put out.

Oh wait, that's the entire team.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:52 pm

theflyingfrenchman wrote:
    Stefan Kuntz wrote:Take Anelka, Gardner and Diouf out of the Bolton team and they're the same as Watford - I can see why they get slated.

Laugh

I doubt that we'd be the same, seeing as we've had Gardner out for the whole this season. The difference is that our midfielders (Campo) can pass, tackle and track back (nolan and Speed), our defence is one of the best in the league and yours is shit, and our strike force of Davies, Diouf and Anelka is miles better than whoever you can put out.

Oh wait, that's the entire team.

Foster

Hunt (even though he's shit)
    Shittu
    Ben Haim
    Gardner

Campo
    Speed
    Nolan

King
    Anelka
    Diouf

I'll give u that.

Davies is no better than Henderson.

Speed, Campo and Nolan are shit but still better than our midifield.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:53 pm

what about Douglas?
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:55 pm

Deaño-WHUFC wrote:what about Douglas?

??????????
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:56 pm

Stefan Kuntz wrote:

??????????

Douglas Rinaldi
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:56 pm

Deaño-WHUFC wrote:
    Stefan Kuntz wrote:

??????????

Douglas Rinaldi

Haven't seen him yet.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:58 pm

Stefan Kuntz wrote:
    Speed, Campo and Nolan are shit but still better than our midifield.
    Yikes Wash your mouth out! Red Card
    The Vermonster

Number of posts : 522
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Vermaelen - Exceeding the greatest expectations
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by The Vermonster Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:57 am

Controversy wrote:
    aby_gooner wrote:Between WHU and Wigan the former look to have more difficult fixture list, even though they have a better squad. Add to that a 5 point disadvantage and a game more played, WHU look all set to go down.

If that happens there could be a fire sale of talent. I wouldnt mind taking Ashton.

Fixtures for WHU

Tough ones (will be lucky to get a point)
    Arsenal (A), Blackburn (A), Chelsea (H), Bolton (H), Man Utd (H)

50-50 games
    Wigan (A), Sheffield Utd (A), Everton(H),

Winnable Matches
    Boro (H), Watford(H), Charlton(A), Tottenham(H)

Fixture list for Wigan
    Tough Matches
    Arsenal(A), Bolton(H), Liverpool(A)

50-50 Matches
    Villa(A), Sheff Utd (A), West Ham(H), Tottenham(H), Man City(A), Watford(A)

Winnable Matches
    Boro(H), Charlton(A), Fulham(H), Newcastle(H)

Looking at the above list West Ham look screwed for sure. But then stranger things have happened in football. But if I were to bet I will bet on Hammers playing in Championship next season.[/u]

Proper relegation fights have nothing to do with fixture lists. Especially with West Ham/Wigan. West Ham especially will win at least 50% of remaining fixtures

Oh dear lord.... looks like drop is sealed and buried. Losing at home to a team placed lower in the table doesn't bode well for survival. The ones I had rated as winnable are also being lost.

At this rate I won't be surprised if Watford finish higher than WHU.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:05 am

No where near over yet....
    "Tuffy" Monag

Number of posts : 405
    Supports : SLB
    Registration date : 2007-01-03

Post by "Tuffy" Monag Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:19 am

This idea of looking at winnable matches and 50/50's, doesn't really help a great deal. deano can probably put me right here, but, I think that wet h*m's last two league wins were against Arsenal & Man. United, two games that people would probably list as games they should lose. The problem for the 'ammers is they are in a rut of bad results, their squad has the ability to win against any team in the EPL, but, the same can be said for Wigan.
    I think that the important, deciding games, will be those games between the teams in the last 6 places. And, losing one of these at home to Watford makes the task considerably harder for them.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:24 am

A post from Johninho which
    -Was not entirely horrible
    -Did not insult West Ham once...

Whats going on Johnny boy..are you going soft?

But yeah I agree we beat Arsenal and Man Utd which shows on our day we can beat anyone...Its not over until its not possible.
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:31 pm

Arsenal's comeback to beat Wigan was a massive result for the bottom three.

If Wigan had held on for victory then Watford, West Ham and Charlton would have looked absolutely doomed. It could have been all over for them but now they have a lifeline.

When you play as well as Wigan did and the major decisions not only go against you but also affect the result then any manager would go ballistic.

There is nothing worse than going somewhere where everybody is expecting you to get thrashed and putting on an unbelievable performance only to feel like you have been done by the referee - so I completely understand Paul Jewell's reaction.

If you look at how Wigan played, they don't look like a side that is going down but they are still in big trouble.

It was a massive result for Sheffield United to beat Tottenham and they are now 10 points clear of danger. It is not an absolute certainty that they are going to survive but it looks likely and I can't see Manchester City being dragged into it either.

So it looks like being between the four clubs down there now and the next three games will probably decide what is going to happen.

Out of the bottom three Charlton look the team most likely to have a chance to me - and if you had said that to me six weeks ago I would have laughed at you.

That is the beauty about the battle at the bottom - there are swings and shifts from week to week.

The only thing you can say that is an absolute certainty is that if the bottom three do not start winning, and quickly, then they are doomed.

It would be one of the greatest stories of all time if Watford stay up - they just keep going and that is a tribute to Aidy Boothroyd and his players

If West Ham go down there will be inquests for years to come into how it happened.

How can you have a great season, nearly win an FA Cup final, and look like a team that is going from strength to strength - then see it all fall apart?

Luck has gone against them this season and Alan Curbishley probably cannot believe what is going on.

He came in as manager and they had a great result against Manchester United and everyone though they were going to come back into form - but it has not worked out.

On the other hand, Alan Pardew has done incredibly well at Charlton because I watched them play Liverpool in December and they were a shambles.

Against Manchester United on Saturday they were organised and solid. They were fighting and they had belief. They made life difficult for United and you can see them winning games.

And Watford just keep on going. It doesn't matter how many times you batter them down, Aidy Boothroyd will come on TV and be very honest while remaining completely positive.

It would be one of the greatest stories of all time if they stay up, because up until Saturday they had only won two Premiership games this season, but they just keep going and that is a tribute to him and his players.

ALAN HANSEN
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:33 pm

we play Charlton at the weekend which is by far the biggest game of the weekend...and whoever loses is effectively relegated
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:34 pm

Ye, I would agree there Deano, the loser will go down, no ifs, no buts
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:08 pm

Marlon Harewood
    Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled - Page 2 Harewoodru1
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:12 pm

DD wrote:Marlon Harewood
    Relegation - Looking Increasingly settled - Page 2 Harewoodru1
    Homer would've scored the Penalty.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:12 pm

Chances of Watford's final placing:

17th: 10%
    18th: 35%
    19th: 35%
    20th: 20%

That's what I reckon anyway.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:16 pm

I'd like sheff. united, watford( nothing against u pierre) and charlton to go down.

Wes ham and wigan should stay up because they play some of the best football in the league.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:18 pm

Agooner wrote:I'd like sheff. united, watford( nothing against u pierre) and charlton to go down.

Wes ham and wigan should stay up because they play some of the best football in the league.

Proving what a dreadful league this is in terms of attractive football.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:24 pm

Stefan Kuntz wrote:
    Agooner wrote:I'd like sheff. united, watford( nothing against u pierre) and charlton to go down.

not really...we just happen to play good football, unlike teams like Sheff Utd who find an ugly 90 minutes great!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:26 pm

Laughing No they don't. Occasionally Wigan play well, like against you lot, but most of the time it's scrappy long ball tactics.
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..

Post by Owen Thomas Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:49 pm

Stefan Kuntz wrote:

More like what appalling judgment Agooner has.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:07 am