Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
Freddie Or Not
debaser
Puro
The Easter Bunny
Fey
Glenarch of the Glen
NCFC
Pierre Littbarski
Rez
GR
Owen Thomas
Kimbo
christmasborocooper
Dejan Savićević
Zack
SuperMario
Super Progress
Machiavel
Kroos
youonlycametooseeeboue
Tom
robert
Romford Pele
Sir Harry Flashman
Tweesus
Parks lives
TM
fcb
Dwarf
DS
None
The Pröfessör
Batman
37 posters

Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal Empty Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal

Post by Batman Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:03 pm

Chelsea v Arsenal

2007 Carling Cup Final
    Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal Carling_cup_150_150x180

Date: Sunday 25 February
    Kick off: 1500 GMT
    Venue: Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

Who do you think will win? Who do you want to win? Batman can't have Chelsea thinking they can win the Quadruple, Come on Arsenal!

The Route to the Final:

Semi-Final
    Arsenal 3-1 Spurs (AET)
    Spurs 2-2 Arsenal
    Chelsea 4-0 Wycombe Wanderers
    Wycombe Wanderers 1-1 Chelsea

Quarter-Final
    Liverpool 3-6 Arsenal
    Newcastle United 0-1Chelsea

Fourth Round
    Chelsea 4-0 Aston Villa
    Everton 0-1 Arsenal

Third Round
    Blackburn Rovers 0-2 Chelsea
    West Brom 0-2 Arsenal
    S4P

Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal Empty Re: Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal

Post by S4P Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:06 pm

Chelsea:

Goals For - 12
    Goals Agains - 1

Arsenal:

Goals For - 14
    Goals Against - 6

So it could be quite a goal fest (on the other hand it may well be a boring 0-0/1-0).
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal Empty Re: Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal

Post by The Pröfessör Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:13 pm

s4p,

What chelsea line-up are u expecting?
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:15 pm

Chelsea will win. Arsenal will play a couple of young players to give themselves an excuse.

Game over in 90 minutes, 3-1 to Chelsea. No questions asked.
    S4P

Post by S4P Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:16 pm

-----------------Cech---------------
    Diarra--Carvalho--Essien--Bridge
    ---------------Makelele-------------
    --------Mikel-----------Lampard----
    ----------------Ballack--------------
    -------Drogba---Shevchenko------
    None

Number of posts : 2548
    Registration date : 2007-02-22

Post by None Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:27 pm

Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal

I won't be watching.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:41 pm

I really dont get Jose when he puts the strongest team (in his eyes) for every game , an injury to a star player like Drog and the season is done for.
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:17 pm

Bilal wrote:I really dont get Jose when he puts the strongest team (in his eyes) for every game , an injury to a star player like Drog and the season is done for.

He simply doesn't have an alternative.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:19 pm

He could easily play Kalou , SWP , Geremi etc.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:23 pm

Bilal wrote:He could easily play Kalou , SWP , Geremi etc.

They're not good enough to get the job done though (individually it may not matter, but if he played all his backups they probably would lose)...but I see your point, and it may be worth a try esp. with Arsenal also playing a young team.

Then again, this is probably a "big game", so you've got to play your best team.
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:24 pm

Bilal wrote:He could easily play Kalou , SWP , Geremi etc.

In Mourinho's state of mind you wouldn't. He doesn't trust the defence, he thinks his midfield's useless and his forwards are erratic. The last thing he'd want to do is throw in a bunch of players he doubts even more than those he's fielding.
    S4P

Post by S4P Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:30 pm

Bilal wrote:I really dont get Jose when he puts the strongest team (in his eyes) for every game , an injury to a star player like Drog and the season is done for.

This is a final though, I believe Fergie fielded a very strong team for last seasons final (and rightly so).

Once you reach the semis of the CC, you should be "trying" to win it (which is why I'm baffled by Wenger's decision to play the "kids")
    S4P

Post by S4P Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:33 pm

Just put a £10 bet on Chelsea to win 3-1 and Lampard to score the first goal. For odds of 66/1, that could prove to be a very nice payday.
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:03 pm

S4P wrote:This is a final though, I believe Fergie fielded a very strong team for last seasons final (and rightly so).
    Yes he did field a strong line up. The main difference is at that time he was out of the Champions League, FA Cup and realistically out of the Title race. It was their only chance of silverware.

S4P wrote:Once you reach the semis of the CC, you should be "trying" to win it (which is why I'm baffled by Wenger's decision to play the "kids")
    We have been trying to win it, right from the first game. Just because Henry, Gallas, Ljungberg and Lehmann don't play doesn't mean that we don't care. We have players coming like Baptista and Djourou that want to show there qualities. We have a large squad also so we want to exercise this luxury in preparation for the 'big' games.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:23 am

S4P , he has been putting his strongest teams throughout like Macclesfield , could easily have played more of his bit part player and perhaps some young guys.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:05 am

Chelsea 4 - 1 Aresnal
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:23 am

I'm glad I'm out for this one at a Golf Day.

I really wouldn't care if Chelsea win 18-0 with 16 Lampard deflections.
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:17 pm

Bilal wrote:S4P , he has been putting his strongest teams throughout like Macclesfield , could easily have played more of his bit part player and perhaps some young guys.

ok

Yeah, that was a bit strange, but don't forget that at the time, we had Cech, Terry, Robben, Joe Cole and Boulahrouz out (possibly more), so it was actually a 'weaker' team, but the strongest side we had left (if that makes sense).

Michael Woods and Ben Sahar did get some playing time against Macclesfield, Forest and Wycombe too.
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:19 pm

Bryan English, the Chelsea doctor confirms that JT can play.

This is a triple celebration, in my opinion, for the following reasons:

1. We have our best defender available.
    2. Our best midfielder can play in midfield, rather than in defence.
    3. Lampard won't be captain.
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:21 pm

----------------Cech------------
    Diarra-Carvalho-Terry-A Cole
    ---------------Essien------------
    --------Ballack---Lampard-----
    Shevchenko-Drogba-Robben
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:22 pm

Feeling confident s4p?
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:25 pm

I know it'll be tight, but yes. Certainly if you play your youngsters, such as Walcott, Denilson etc. For all their pace, trickery and skill, I think we'd end up overpowering you as the match goes on, and just about grab the victory.

You?
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:27 pm

I think we'll win , 2-1.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:03 pm

Agooner wrote:I think we'll win , 2-1.

You can't say he's not optimistic...
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:16 pm

As Almunia will be in goal, I feel a lot more confident too. I remember his performances v Liverpool, and the goals he conceded in the Champs League final.
    Kevin

Post by Kevin Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:01 pm

I'd imagine we'll play the arsenal "youngsters". This involves leaving Walcott out but resting fabregas and playing denilson and Diaby.
    Dont know what we'll do for the wings because we can't play Rosicky every match and Hleb is coming back form injury still and Ljungberg is as one dimensional as Walcott on a bad day.
    Not worried about Almunia though, hes played well this season.

And losing Henry isnt such a blow, Aliadiere has been just as effective as him recently.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:06 pm

Kevin wrote:I'd imagine we'll play the arsenal "youngsters". This involves leaving Walcott out but resting fabregas and playing denilson and Diaby.
    Dont know what we'll do for the wings because we can't play Rosicky every match and Hleb is coming back form injury still and Ljungberg is as one dimensional as Walcott on a bad day.
    Not worried about Almunia though, hes played well this season.

And losing Henry isnt such a blow, Aliadiere has been just as effective as him recently.

ok Almunia has really impressed this season, he's a more than capable no. 2

I'd play hleb because he needs games to get back to his best with the upcoming Cl match in mind and rest rosicky because he's played a lot of matches recently.
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:08 pm

To Arsenal fans

What is more important, the fans or the players?

The fans want Arsenal to win the Carling Cup, so Wenger should play his strongest XI.

But it seems like Wenger will show loyalty to the players that got Arsenal to the final.

Last edited by on Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kevin

Post by Kevin Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:08 pm

Yep, we need one of the two otherwise we have no creatvity on our wings.

It was painfl to see Ljungberg and Walcott against Blackburn. We need to buy a good winger. Hell, even having reyes back would be nice.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:11 pm

I don't understand the hype around this, the first team probably wouldn't beat chelsea, the kids reserves a few first teamers? the odds are bizarre aswell.
    Chelsea will win it easy <Ale>

Last edited by on Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:40 pm