Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
Freddie Or Not
debaser
Puro
The Easter Bunny
Fey
Glenarch of the Glen
NCFC
Pierre Littbarski
Rez
GR
Owen Thomas
Kimbo
christmasborocooper
Dejan Savićević
Zack
SuperMario
Super Progress
Machiavel
Kroos
youonlycametooseeeboue
Tom
robert
Romford Pele
Sir Harry Flashman
Tweesus
Parks lives
TM
fcb
Dwarf
DS
None
The Pröfessör
Batman
37 posters

Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal

Kevin

Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal - Page 18 Empty Re: Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal

Post by Kevin Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Saintsarama MBE wrote:
    Kevin wrote:I'd say your academy is more likely to dry up than people from west africa but oh well, have it your way.

Christ you Arsenal fans are dumb. I'm not talking about ALL the West Africans, just the ones good enough to play Premiership football.

Anyway, we've spent less on our team than any of the other top 4 so in that respect, we are doing fine. Maybe equal with liverpool but thats it.

So you're happy to spend a lot of money (compared to the rest of the leagues) just to finish 4th and maybe get into a cup final?

Wenger has won the title recently enough, to sack him after 1 1/2 not toally up to scratch seasons would be ludicrous considering the titles that he has won.

Living in the past.
    Sleep

i had no idea, either way, id imagine the west african XI would beat the southampton youth acadmy products...either way, Diaby is french, not west african. denilson is Brazillian. Song is French. Cesc is spenish. Bendtner is danish.
    We can rely on the world Smile not just west africa.

I'm not living in the past. Im happy with Wengers record recently. Very few teams can consistently win the title. Im sure we will again in a few seasons once this team has matured.
    Saintsar

Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal - Page 18 Empty Re: Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal

Post by Saintsar Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:13 pm

Bendtner - the oft-cited Arsenal youngster who has proven even less than Denilson. So obsessed are you lot with your team's future that you forget about the present.

How many players have we seen who looked great in their teens but didn't develop? And by 'develop' I mean 'not give the ball away stupidly at a key time in a final, leading to your team conceding a goal'...
    Kevin

Post by Kevin Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:18 pm

What, are you genuinely going to say a youngster will fail to develop as he made a mistake in one match.
    You arguments can be nicely constructed sometimes but that is fucking abysmal. Your standards have dropped.

By nothing, i presume you mean a succesful season in the championship and a good internatioanl debut in which he scored.

So the same as Bale then.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:25 pm

Kevin wrote:What, are you genuinely going to say a youngster will fail to develop as he made a mistake in one match.
    You arguments can be nicely constructed sometimes but that is fucking abysmal. Your standards have dropped.

My point is that the Arsenal youth were hyped up as 'ready for the final' and according to your own Agooner, 'outplayed' the Chelsea midfield. Denilson is often cited as a top youngster who is worth loads of money, blah, blah, blah, blah. The first serious test of his talent and he failed. Not just failed, failed by his main asset (vision and passing) not being good enough.

By nothing, i presume you mean a succesful season in the championship and a good internatioanl debut in which he scored.

Is Bendtner an international regular at 17? Is he fuck. The comparison is ridiculous.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:27 pm

Saints, why's your chairman resigned?
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:33 pm

He came in with a specific brief to find new investment for the club when Lowe went. He failed to do that, so he resigned.

Gotta say, seems a bit odd, and isn't good news. I like the man, an actual fan of the club. He's retaining his shares so we'll see what happens.
    Kevin

Post by Kevin Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:35 pm

Saintsarama MBE wrote:
    Kevin wrote:What, are you genuinely going to say a youngster will fail to develop as he made a mistake in one match.

My point is that the Arsenal youth were hyped up as 'ready for the final' and according to your own Agooner, 'outplayed' the Chelsea midfield. Denilson is often cited as a top youngster who is worth loads of money, blah, blah, blah, blah. The first serious test of his talent and he failed. Not just failed, failed by his main asset (vision and passing) not being good enough.

Is Bendtner an international regular at 17? Is he fuck. The comparison is ridiculous.

No but hes a permanent fixture in the squad of a far stronger international team by 18. Thats a good enough comparison for me and not nearly rediculous as your assertion that Denilson failed by his main asset. He didnt, his vision and passing was very good for tmsot of the match.

Its weird how you're so bent on putting down every Arsenal youngsteer. Whats the problem with us hyping them, we dont see the need to throw a fit every time you hype up bale.
    Freddie Or Not
    Freddie Or Not

Number of posts : 543
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Freddie Or Not Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:17 pm

In the first half Arsenal's midfield did comprehensively 'outplay' Chelsea's. For 20 minutes the dominance was undeniable. Then Chelsea scored and had a bit of the play (which mainly means lofting the ball miles diagonally trying to exploit Traore's naivety). Then Arsenal again became the more creative and superior force. The second half was a lot better from Chelsea.

I don't see how anybody who watched the match can deny that.

Saints's attempts to write off Denilson becuase he played a poor pass that led to the second goal is laughable and indicative of his constantly irrational attitude towards Arsenal. Denilson has been in English football for less than a season - he's played a handful of games and he did extremely well in the final. His mistake was costly but it doesn't change the fact that he is natural talent to burn. He will be class.

Incidentally C. Ronaldo gave the ball away against Arsenal by trying to dribble his way out of defence. Fabregas robbed him and Adebayor scored. Doesn't change the fact that he is an exceptional footballer. Lesser footballers would never have made those mistakes in the first place - they would have resorted to an agricultural hoof.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:09 pm

Where have I written him off?

I merely pointed out that after a few promising Carling Cup games, at his first real test he failed. This doesn't mean he's a useless player by any means, but it does call into question all the bullshit your lot have written about him.

Typical oversensitive Arsenal fans - their players are so overhyped that any criticism of them is seen as writing them off. Maybe if you didn't live in a tabloid world whereby everything is either brilliant or catastrophic, you'd see that everything I've said is true.

Big maybe.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:11 pm

@ saints,

I am so cool Cool
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:11 pm

Saintsarama MBE wrote:Where have I written him off?

I merely pointed out that after a few promising Carling Cup games, at his first real test he failed. This doesn't mean he's a useless player by any means, but it does call into question all the bullshit your lot have written about him.

Typical oversensitive Arsenal fans - their players are so overhyped that any criticism of them is seen as writing them off. Maybe if you didn't live in a tabloid world whereby everything is either brilliant or catastrophic, you'd see that everything I've said is true.

Big maybe.

Boring.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:11 pm

Freddie Or Not wrote:
    Incidentally C. Ronaldo gave the ball away against Arsenal by trying to dribble his way out of defence. Fabregas robbed him and Adebayor scored. Doesn't change the fact that he is an exceptional footballer. Lesser footballers would never have made those mistakes in the first place - they would have resorted to an agricultural hoof.

Trap well and truly sprung, that was the exact comparison I was implying. How many Arsenal fans wrote off Ronaldo's performance in that game, and his ability to turn up in the big games, simply because he happened to give the ball away at a critical moment?

Loads. Yet when the same logic is applied to a player of yours who has proven far, far, far, far, far, far, far less, it's supposedly outrageous and irrational?

Hypocrites, as per usual. I'm done. Write whatever you like.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:12 pm

Agooner wrote:
    Boring.

Whereas dismissing something as 'boring' (i.e. admitting it is true but wanting to slate it anyway) is the height of interesting comment...

Tell me Agooner, do you think anyone here would miss you if you stopped posting?
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:16 pm

Saintsarama MBE wrote:
    Agooner wrote:
    Boring.

Whereas dismissing something as 'boring' (i.e. admitting it is true but wanting to slate it anyway) is the height of interesting comment...

Tell me Agooner, do you think anyone here would miss you if you stopped posting?

championship.
    Freddie Or Not
    Freddie Or Not

Number of posts : 543
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Freddie Or Not Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:17 pm

Saintsarama MBE wrote:
    Freddie Or Not wrote:

Trap well and truly sprung, that was the exact comparison I was implying. How many Arsenal fans wrote off Ronaldo's performance in that game, and his ability to turn up in the big games, simply because he happened to give the ball away at a critical moment?

Loads. Yet when the same logic is applied to a player of yours who has proven far, far, far, far, far, far, far less, it's supposedly outrageous and irrational?

Hypocrites, as per usual. I'm done. Write whatever you like.

Well I never wrote him off after that game and I certainly haven't been caught in your trap. Ronaldo's talent is obvious to anyone with sight. Denilson's is less obvious - but if you know football you can see it without much difficulty. His mistake doesn't change his talent (I think you agree).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:04 pm