Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
Freddie Or Not
debaser
Puro
The Easter Bunny
Fey
Glenarch of the Glen
NCFC
Pierre Littbarski
Rez
GR
Owen Thomas
Kimbo
christmasborocooper
Dejan Savićević
Zack
SuperMario
Super Progress
Machiavel
Kroos
youonlycametooseeeboue
Tom
robert
Romford Pele
Sir Harry Flashman
Tweesus
Parks lives
TM
fcb
Dwarf
DS
None
The Pröfessör
Batman
37 posters

Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal

The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:15 pm

Yes we need a winger, that's for sure. I'd also welcome reyes back if he stops acting like a 10 year old. I am actually starting to think the baptista-reyes swap wasn't a good move from our point of view; we need a player like reyes more than a Baptista.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Arsenal

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:17 pm

Batman wrote:To Arsenal fans

What is more important, the fans or the players?

The fans want Arsenal to win the Carling Cup, so Wenger should play his strongest XI.

But it seems like Wenger will show loyalty to the players that got Arsenal to the final.

I am with wenger. Yes i want us to win the cup but i don't think it would be fair to drop the youngsters for the final after their brilliant performances.
    Kevin

Post by Kevin Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:31 pm

Anyway, the first teamers, namely Henry and Fabregas havent been up to much in recent weeks so i dont see why not...
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:33 pm

Chelsea to win 3-1
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:38 pm

Saintsarama MBE wrote:Chelsea will win. Arsenal will play a couple of young players to give themselves an excuse.

Game over in 90 minutes, 3-1 to Chelsea. No questions asked.

Probably, don't care though, its a pansy trophy for which you win £1m - hardly makes a diffeence to anything or anyone
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:39 pm

At the end of the day, it's a trophy.

Considering we don't play for 6 days after the final, there is no excuses for resting players.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:40 pm

S4P wrote:At the end of the day, it's a trophy.

Considering we don't play for 6 days after the final, there is no excuses for resting players.

Its a pretty shit trophy though thats become a joke.

I'd rather get to the last 8 of the CL than win this
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:41 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Saintsarama MBE wrote:Chelsea will win. Arsenal will play a couple of young players to give themselves an excuse.

Probably, don't care though, its a pansy trophy for which you win £1m - hardly makes a diffeence to anything or anyone

Why should it matter how much you get for winning it, you spend money to win trophies surely, not the other way around. Anyway the league is gone, so it's surely more wise to actually try and win this match, then any other league match
    Sir Harry Flashman
    Sir Harry Flashman

Number of posts : 876
    Supports : Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo (The Red Wiz), Beckham (The Legend), King Cantona, Robson (Captain Marvel)
    Registration date : 2007-02-21

Post by Sir Harry Flashman Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:42 pm

Come on Gooners - do em Russian whores! rough like they like it! Wink
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:45 pm

L r d wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:

Why should it matter how much you get for winning it, you spend money to win trophies surely, not the other way around. Anyway the league is gone, so it's surely more wise to actually try and win this match, then any other league match

I think it would be a bigger morale boost beating chelsea rather than winning the trophy - the olny thing that makes it vaguely interesting for me is that factor.

I hope the kids get their chance though, they got us here and it would be a shame for them to miss out. I felt really sorry for Flamini last season when he was replaced by Cashley in the CL final
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:11 pm

Tweedle wrote:

And yet, in the last 3 years it's been won by Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:25 pm

As Agooner said its a win win situation i'd rather our youth player's improve than win the competition anything else is a bonus.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:07 pm

S4P wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:

And yet I bet you had to check that Wink
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:13 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    S4P wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:

Nope. I remember watching United thrash Wigan last year, us beating Pool in quite an entertaining final, and I remember watching the Pool-United final of 2004 in a pub. Wink Ale
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:34 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    S4P wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:

That's a poor test.

Who won in 98? Razz
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:12 am

L r d wrote:I don't understand the hype around this, the first team probably wouldn't beat chelsea, the kids reserves a few first teamers? the odds are bizarre aswell.
    Chelsea will win it easy <Ale>
    Bit of a strange thing to say.

We got a good draw at Stamford Bridge without Henry, Gallas, Toure, Rosicky and Ljungberg. Chelsea are not that far ahead of us in terms of quality.

Yes we will play without the "stars" but the result is not a foregone conclusion. These kids are quite special and have surprised a few big teams thus far.
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:15 am

Batman wrote:To Arsenal fans

What is more important, the fans or the players?

The fans want Arsenal to win the Carling Cup, so Wenger should play his strongest XI.

But it seems like Wenger will show loyalty to the players that got Arsenal to the final.
    Good question.

Obviously we all want to win the Cup.

But as far as I know all Arsenal fans are behind Wenger in his policy with the team selection by keaving out the stars in favour for the younger heros from the previous rounds. Should we lose tomorrow I doubt many will complain and blame our team selection.

Tomorrow will be invaluable for the futures of Denilson, Walcott, Traore, Djourou. I is also a reward for the hard work from the likes of Aliadiere, Baptista and Almunia.
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:50 am

Men against boys, Chelski to win easily.
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:11 am

Chelsea (from): Cech, Hilario, Cudicini, Ferreira, A Cole, Geremi, Diarra, Carvalho, Bridge, Morais, Mikel, Lampard, Makelele, Ballack, Essien, Shevchenko, Drogba, Robben, Kalou, Wright-Phillips.

Arsenal (from): Almunia, Poom, Hoyte, Senderos, Toure, Djourou, Clichy, Traore, Walcott, Diaby, Flamini, Fabregas, Denilson, Aliadiere, Adebayor, Baptista, Hleb, Rosicky, Randall, Connolly.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:35 am

Just sunk the first pint of many. Ironic as I'm not sure most our young players are actually old enough for a drink! COME ON U GUNNERS WOOOOOO!"
    Via text from Batman, Cardiff

BATMAN?! SERIOUSLY IS THAT YOU?!
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:08 am

me text Ballack? no
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:23 am

ah thats a shame.
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:31 am

Probable line-up: average age 22.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Almunia(29) - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hoyte(22) - - Toure(25) - Senderos(22) - - Traore(17)

Walcott(17) - Fabregas(19) - Diaby(20) - Denilson(19)

- - - - - - - - - Baptista(25) - - Aliadiere(23) - - - - - - - - -

i would play Gallas and Clichy instead of Hoyte and Traore. Drop Walcott because i have a feeling Bridge will have him in his back pocket throughout the game.
    S4P

Post by S4P Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:36 am

------------------------Cech (24yo)---------------------

Diarra (21yo)-Carvalho (28yo)-Terry (26yo)-A Cole (26yo)

------------------------Essien (24yo)------------------

----------Ballack (30yo)-Lampard (28yo)------------

Shevchenko (30yo)--Drogba (28yo)--Robben (23yo)
    S4P

Post by S4P Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:38 am

Average age: 26
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:53 am

Battles to watch out for:

Terry vs Baptista
    Drogba vs Toure- He's always had the better of Senderos, so maybe he'll focus on Senderos more.
    Cole/Bridge vs Walcott
    youonlycametooseeeboue

Number of posts : 932
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Hleb and Lampard

Post by youonlycametooseeeboue Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:55 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/league_cup/6394515.stm

what an idiot!!

Fabregas = regular from playing in carling cup. Wenger realises talent. starts playing regularly.
    Alialidiare playing more from showing talent in carling cup.
    Denilson playing way more from stunning performances in carling cup
    first team players get rest.
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:57 am

So this is the last final at cardiff right?
    youonlycametooseeeboue

Number of posts : 932
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Hleb and Lampard

Post by youonlycametooseeeboue Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:58 am

hopefully. rumours are spreading that wembly will not be ready for the FA cup final.
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:58 am

Emmanuele Elboue wrote:hopefully. rumours are spreading that wembly will not be ready for the FA cup final.

wouldn't surprise me

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:19 am