Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Formerly known as sheva7
Inglorious_B
Parks lives
The Pröfessör
Deano
None
Machiavel
Dwarf
DS
Football Genius
fcb
Super Progress
Torrente
17 posters

Macherano interview - example of a good professional

L r d

Macherano interview - example of a good professional - Page 2 Empty Re: Macherano interview - example of a good professional

Post by L r d Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:56 pm

kas wrote:Obispo, check the Premiership Predictions thread Wink

WUM.

our games against Chelsea are only boring in Europe. Having played them in Europe yourselves, I'm sure you can have a degree of sympathy Wink
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Macherano interview - example of a good professional - Page 2 Empty Re: Macherano interview - example of a good professional

Post by fcb Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:57 pm

Obispo wrote:
    kas wrote:Obispo, check the Premiership Predictions thread Wink

WUM.

our games against Chelsea are only boring in Europe. Having played them in Europe yourselves, I'm sure you can have a degree of sympathy Wink

Razz
    L r d

Post by L r d Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:00 pm

Saintsarama MBE wrote:And he'll probably win the European Cup again this season.

Someone else said that the otherday aswell - Pierre I think - I'd rather we remain darkhorses until the last possible moment TBH. Will be alot tougher this season seen as we won it two years ago and if we beat Barca, then not too many teams will want to play us.

Rai, the amazing thing about the Everton fuss was that Rafa never named them in the first place. He said "the smaller teams". Even more amazing still is that they had a right bitch about it, despite Moyes saying a month or so previously that they're a small club who can't compete with the bigger clubs.

It's the typical Allardyce technique. Moan when no one takes you seriously and then when you get twatted, blame it on your small club status.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:27 pm

He didn't settle in...when he was given chances he never lived up to what he was about...he gave the ball away too many times, his passing was poor....

Undoubtedly he is a fantastic player, but he couldn't settle like Tevez has..ans good luck to him.
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:28 pm

I've said time and time again, we have an amazing team on paper, all we need is a left midfielder who we know will start most games, Simao would of been ideal IMO however that's in the past now and we must get one in because no one knows what the Kewell situation is, Riise is not a natural left winger, or maybe he is but isn't consistent enough, Gonzales is still young but he hasn't really impressed, that leaves Aurellio who is probably a better bet at left back
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:51 pm

Cesc wrote:
    Obispo wrote:- - - Mascherano - Sissoko
    - - - - - - - - Alonso
    Gerrard - - - - - - - - - - Other
    - - - - - - - - Striker
    Yikes

That would be an awesome team.

Next season Kuyt will have a fulls eason under his belt and I imagine he will be near the top of the charts.

All that is needed is a good left winger.

The Pool midfield is awesome! the best in the epl imo.
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:52 pm

It is one of the best indeed, the best? i'm not sure, when United's midfield is in full form then they maybe just shade it
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:55 pm

Luis wrote:It is one of the best indeed, the best? i'm not sure, when United's midfield is in full form then they maybe just shade it

I was talking interms of depths. still i don't think scholes and carrick are better than alonso and gerrard.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:56 pm

Agooner wrote:
    Luis wrote:It is one of the best indeed, the best? i'm not sure, when United's midfield is in full form then they maybe just shade it

I was talking interms of depths. still i don't think scholes and carrick are better than alonso and gerrard.

Prepare for a backlash Wink
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:56 pm

Ye, true

the only thing that's missing from our midfield is a top class left winger
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:00 pm

No one wants to give Gonzo time Crying or Very sad
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:00 pm

Will we win the league with Gonzales as first choice left mid Obi?

how did he do today BTW?
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:04 pm

Haven't seen the game yet. Sounds like he did 'alright' like Riise, but neither were spectacular. Most of our play came down the right though 'cos Pennant was on form.

If Gonzo gets back to his Sociedad form then I don't see why not. He needs to up his general awareness and get more crosses in, but he's only scored one goal less than Giggs this year. Give him time.

It's not like there's a plethora of great left-wingers around and if we buy one of them then they could take time to adapt and we're stuck in this position again.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:05 pm

Agooner wrote:

Yes they are, the proofs in the pudding.
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:06 pm

Obispo wrote:Haven't seen the game yet. Sounds like he did 'alright' like Riise, but neither were spectacular. Most of our play came down the right though 'cos Pennant was on form.

If Gonzo gets back to his Sociedad form then I don't see why not. He needs to up his general awareness and get more crosses in, but he's only scored one goal less than Giggs this year. Give him time.

It's not like there's a plethora of great left-wingers around and if we buy one of them then they could take time to adapt and we're stuck in this position again.

Maybe, Don't get me wrong if he played a few games and did well in all of them then i'd be more supportive like I am now with Arellio, I just think we need a top class left mid to complete our top class midfield, then we will win the league for sure
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:07 pm

I forget that Scholes is outscoring Gerrard this year and that Carrick has made more successful passes and tackles than Alonso Erm

One man team.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:08 pm

I forgot that Scholes and Carrick completely outplayed Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko with out that one man in our team. Erm

Cup side.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:08 pm

Obispo wrote:I forget that Scholes is outscoring Gerrard this year and that Carrick has made more successful passes and tackles than Alonso Erm

One man team.

Carrick kept Alonso quiet when they last met and Gerrard was MOTM ok Rolling Eyes

What i don't understand, everybody on here (apart from Man United fans) keep saying Manchester United are rubbish this year, Scholes + Carrick are not working etc

Last edited by on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:09 pm

Did he fuck. Carrick was average in that game, why you keep on insisting different is beyond me.

We were playing shit back then anyways. If you think beating us at home by the same margin that Bolton managed is impressive then your standards have slipped. Razz

One. Man. Team.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:10 pm

Rai Krol wrote:
    What i don't understand, everybody on here (apart from Man United fans) keep saying Manchester United are rubbish this year, Scholes + Carrick are not working etc

No one has said that.

You are a one man team though.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:11 pm

Obispo wrote:Did he fuck. Carrick was average in that game, why you keep on insisting different is beyond me.

We were playing shit back then anyways. If you think beating us at home by the same margin that Bolton managed is impressive then your standards have slipped. Razz

One. Man. Team.

Carrick average Laugh Laugh

Just admit you lost fair and square. Next week, if Manchester United win it be by 1 goal.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:11 pm

Parks lives wrote:
    Agooner wrote:

No they aren't.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:11 pm

Obispo wrote:
    Rai Krol wrote:

No one has said that.

You are a one man team though.

Like Liverpool?

Shows how GREAT Ronaldo is .. he is single handily carrying Manchester United at the top of the league Ale Ale must be World Player of the Year ok

Last edited by on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:12 pm

Agooner wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    Agooner wrote:

No they aren't.

Carrick+Scholes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gilberto+Fabregas
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:12 pm

Agooner wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    Agooner wrote:

No they aren't.

How do you prove it then?
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:13 pm

Rai Krol wrote:
    Obispo wrote:Did he fuck. Carrick was average in that game, why you keep on insisting different is beyond me.

One. Man. Team.

Just admit you lost fair and square. Next week, if Manchester United win it be by 1 goal.

We did lose fair and square. I said so at the time. We were absolutely shit.

And I'm not saying carrick is average fullstop. He just wasn't great in that game. He was your worst midfielder.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:14 pm

Obispo wrote:
    Rai Krol wrote:

One. Man. Team.

We did lose fair and square. I said so at the time. We were absolutely shit.

And I'm not saying carrick is average fullstop. He just wasn't great in that game. He was your worst midfielder.

Who was better?

Liverpool should have taken the lead, Gonzalez and Kuyt unlucky.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:15 pm

He was our only our worst midfielder because Giggs, Scholes and Fletcher were so good. Very Happy
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:16 pm

I actually wouldn't mind playing Fletcher again and replacing Ronaldo with Giggs in the same midfield.

Fletcher -- Carrick -- Scholes -- Ronaldo.

Anyways this should have its own thread.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:17 pm

Parks lives wrote:
    Agooner wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    Agooner wrote:

No they aren't.

How do you prove it then?

by watching them play.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:18 am