Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
golsud
Football Genius
Dwarf
debaser
TM
None
COTR
Parks lives
Rasiak-9
"Tuffy" Monag
Deluded F*ck™
Fey
Luso
The Easter Bunny
Romford Pele
Pierre Littbarski
Mistletoe.
Zack
theflyingfrenchman
Machiavel
christmasborocooper
Roger Hunt
E.M.
Kimbo
blutgraetsche
youonlycametooseeeboue
Sheffield gunner
Bend It Like Idiakez
DS
El Fenomeno
Axeslammer
Deano
Sgoater1
Tom
The-Frank-Tavern
Tweesus
NCFC
41 posters

The Coca-Cola League Championship 2006/07

Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

The Coca-Cola League Championship 2006/07 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Coca-Cola League Championship 2006/07

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:12 pm

Coventry have signed Adam Virgo on a season long loan. A decent deal, Coventry really building a decent squad.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Number of posts : 3485
    Supports : Cádiz C.F y Norwich City F.C
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The Coca-Cola League Championship 2006/07 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Coca-Cola League Championship 2006/07

Post by NCFC Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:05 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:im not sure of the ticket prices at sellhurst park, my mate is a palace fan so i'll ask him.

tickets for me (student) at roots hall are between £11-£14 and cup games are £5

You are in for a shock mate. Palace is the most expensive in the league, despite their disgusting away section. Last season it was £35 adult ticket, and I think concessions are around £25...

You should take quite a few down there... good luck.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:09 pm

nCfC-CaDiZ-RiQuElMe wrote:
    italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:im not sure of the ticket prices at sellhurst park, my mate is a palace fan so i'll ask him.

tickets for me (student) at roots hall are between £11-£14 and cup games are £5

You are in for a shock mate. Palace is the most expensive in the league, despite their disgusting away section. Last season it was £35 adult ticket, and I think concessions are around £25...

£35 affraid

fuck that then, thats more than double i pay at roots hall
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:11 pm

£35 WTF affraid Jordan is having a laugh.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:18 pm

Just been on your official site mate, and it appears that Palace tickets have gone down some how. I think perhaps they were maintaining their ticket prices from the Premiership in the hope they would be straight back up, £25 sounds a bit better?!

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10444~871280,00.html
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:28 pm

£25, thats a bit fairer i suppose.
    El Fenomeno
    El Fenomeno

Number of posts : 124
    Supports : West Bromwich Albion, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

The Coca-Cola League Championship 2006/07 - Page 2 Empty What!

Post by El Fenomeno Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:16 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:Cardiff v West Brom (h)
    Colchester v Plymouth (a)
    Crystal Palace v Southend (a)
    Hull v Barnsley(d)
    Leicester v Burnley (h)
    Norwich v Preston (h)
    QPR v Leeds (a)
    Sheff Wed v Luton (h)
    Stoke v Derby (d)
    Wolverhampton v Ipswich (h)
    Southampton v Coventry (h)
    Sunderland v Birmingham (d)

You think that Cardiff are going to beat us. Do you just Albion, i sense that were going to be in for a season where we lose bout once, with Kuzkack in goal (sometimes Zuberhuler), Curtis leading our defence, Gera running the field and Big John Upfront! Championship, Were having a laugh! Cool
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:43 pm

sam wrote:
    Hull v Barnsley(d)
    Leicester v Burnley (h)
    Norwich v Preston (h)
    QPR v Leeds (a)
    Sheff Wed v Luton (h)
    Stoke v Derby (d)

You think that Cardiff are going to beat us. Do you just Albion, i sense that were going to be in for a season where we lose bout once, with Kuzkack in goal (sometimes Zuberhuler), Curtis leading our defence, Gera running the field and Big John Upfront! Championship, Were having a laugh! Cool

So your feeling confident. I hope you lot go up, i think you have a very stronf squad, you just need a striker for the bench.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:55 pm

sam wrote:
    Hull v Barnsley(d)
    Leicester v Burnley (h)
    Norwich v Preston (h)
    QPR v Leeds (a)
    Sheff Wed v Luton (h)
    Stoke v Derby (d)

Losing once, in a league as compative as the Championship, I would be very suprised.

It will not be easy, as all three relegated sides found last season. Take each game as it comes and look to take a steady points haul, don't think that you will win every game. I am also going for a Cardiff win tomorrow. They have a very strong team, and with Ninian Park behind them they should get the result.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:36 pm

Derby are said to be close to signing Stephen Pearson from Celtic.

He is another decent midfielder and along with Idiakez, Oakley, Seth Johnson, Bisgaard, Ryan Smith and Thirwell they have a very strong midfield.

I think they would put Pearson on the left and then be able to move Tommy Smith back upfront. Although Giles Barnes was very good Vs southampton.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:18 am

Sgoater1 wrote:Derby are said to be close to signing Stephen Pearson from Celtic.

He is another decent midfielder and along with Idiakez, Oakley, Seth Johnson, Bisgaard, Ryan Smith and Thirwell they have a very strong midfield.

I think they would put Pearson on the left and then be able to move Tommy Smith back upfront. Although Giles Barnes was very good Vs southampton.

I think after his performance against Southampton Barnes has to stay in the side. If anyone is likely to be dropped I would say Ryan Smith. I think for Saturday, when Pearson's signing will be complete they will move to 4-4-2 with -

----Pearson--Idiakez--Johnson--Barnes----
    ------------Howard-------T Smith------------
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:32 am

I think after his performance against Southampton Barnes has to stay in the side. If anyone is likely to be dropped I would say Ryan Smith. I think for Saturday, when Pearson's signing will be complete they will move to 4-4-2 with -

----Pearson--Idiakez--Johnson--Barnes----
    ------------Howard-------T Smith------------

Yeah, it looks a class midfield, i think Derby will be around the play-offs this season. It depends on their defence cos i dont think they have much depth at the back.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:25 pm

Has Zesh Rehman gone to QPR?
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:06 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/5256446.stm

Looks like it. A shame he is unlikely to ever do anything in the Premiership. Worthington decided not to play him whilst he was on loan at us in April/May. A poor decision in my eyes. Rehmann would do a good job for any Championsip side sitting just in front of the defence rather than in the back four. He could do better than QPR, League 1 material next season IMO.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:07 pm

@nCfC-CaDiZ-RiQuElMe

I know your off to the game tonight, whats your normal pre game routine, pub and then to the ground? do you live close to the ground ?

Good luck tonight by the way.

3-1 Norwich (Earnie 2 and Hucks Nugent will score for them when your
    2-0 up )
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:10 pm

QPR have followed up the signing of Rehman by signing Dextor Blackstock for £500k from Southampton.

He has potential so might be a decent buy.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:13 pm

On a Saturday it is usually get there early and watch the end of the 12.30 kick off, whatever it may be, in the bar at the ground, with a drink of course. But for night matches I usually can't be fucked so leave quite late and get there around 10 minutes before kick off. I live about 4 miles outside of Norwich, a fifteen minute walk away from the training ground though. I should be leaving to get to the ground at about 7 and get bthe park and ride in.

Tonight is a tough one, but after Preston's poor showing in the opener I fancy us to win, I will go with 2-1 Earnie and..... would be good to see Croft get a goal!
    El Fenomeno
    El Fenomeno

Number of posts : 124
    Supports : West Bromwich Albion, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

Post by El Fenomeno Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:18 pm

sam wrote:
    Hull v Barnsley(d)
    Leicester v Burnley (h)
    Norwich v Preston (h)
    QPR v Leeds (a)
    Sheff Wed v Luton (h)
    Stoke v Derby (d)

Losing once, in a league as compative as the Championship, I would be very suprised.

It will not be easy, as all three relegated sides found last season. Take each game as it comes and look to take a steady points haul, don't think that you will win every game. I am also going for a Cardiff win tomorrow. They have a very strong team, and with Ninian Park behind them they should get the result.

Yeah, i see what you mean and maybe i might be being to over confident but i just got a feeling we have to much for Cardiff tonight and with Big John being a swansea lad he'll want to prove a point...bang in another two and he will. My prediction WBA 1-O Cardiff; i think it will be a tight game.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:24 pm

nCfC-CaDiZ-RiQuElMe wrote:On a Saturday it is usually get there early and watch the end of the 12.30 kick off, whatever it may be, in the bar at the ground, with a drink of course. But for night matches I usually can't be fucked so leave quite late and get there around 10 minutes before kick off. I live about 4 miles outside of Norwich, a fifteen minute walk away from the training ground though. I should be leaving to get to the ground at about 7 and get bthe park and ride in.

Tonight is a tough one, but after Preston's poor showing in the opener I fancy us to win, I will go with 2-1 Earnie and..... would be good to see Croft get a goal!

Do you ever go and watch them train ? or is it kept closed? City used to be open when i was young so me and my mate went occasionally to watch and get autographs.

For a Sat game we meet in the pub for about 12 have a few before leaving on a mini bus at about 13.00 get to the pub next to the ground for about 14.00 have a few in there and into the ground about 20 mins before kick off.

Week night is the same but meeting at about 5 - 5.30.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:34 pm

Our training ground is always open, there are usually about a group of 20 watching. Like you, when I was younger (13, 14) I was up there all the time getting the autographs, but the entertainment wears off after a while. I go down sometimes but have yet to this season.

You seem to have a bit more of a routine than me! I really decide what to do on a game to game basis, seeing as sometimes I am with my family (I feel it a duty!) and sometimes with my mates, in which case meeting early and a drink is a must.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:11 pm

nCfC-CaDiZ-RiQuElMe wrote:Our training ground is always open, there are usually about a group of 20 watching. Like you, when I was younger (13, 14) I was up there all the time getting the autographs, but the entertainment wears off after a while. I go down sometimes but have yet to this season.

You seem to have a bit more of a routine than me! I really decide what to do on a game to game basis, seeing as sometimes I am with my family (I feel it a duty!) and sometimes with my mates, in which case meeting early and a drink is a must.

Yeah i go with about 12-15 mates on a mini bus so we have to have a bit of organisation, although it doesnt always go to plan when we get too pissed.

I think all training grounds should be open as its good for young kids to be able to go and meet them and watch them close up.

Good luck tonight mate.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:25 pm

not going tonight now, as my mate cant get the money the peasant wanker Mad

ah well, COME ON YOU SHRIMPERS!!!
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:34 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:not going tonight now, as my mate cant get the money the peasant wanker Mad

ah well, COME ON YOU SHRIMPERS!!!

You should go on your own, can't you get the tube/train/bus?!

Bit too late now I suppose mate, good luck, hope you give them a BIG shock.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:46 pm

i could, but i dont fancy wandering around south london late at night lol.

and cheers. hope norwich win too as i have them in my bet.
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:20 pm

palace looking quite strong
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:26 pm

l r d wrote:palace looking quite strong

Yeah they are looking good but to be honest they have played two teams that might end up around the bottom of the league. They have a some decent decent players and i think they could be around the play offs, but they will need to sign a few more to last the season up around the top 6 as their squad is still a little light.
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:33 pm

Oh, i was actually thinking they could finish top 2 because i rate taylor, plus had a bit to spend from johnson. But i dont really know to much about the squad or who they signed.
    You probably right, soton west brom on the weekend will be a big match that one
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:42 pm

l r d wrote:Oh, i was actually thinking they could finish top 2 because i rate taylor, plus had a bit to spend from johnson. But i dont really know to much about the squad or who they signed.
    You probably right, soton west brom on the weekend will be a big match that one

I doubt it but i guess you never know with this league mate you might be right. They have brought in a couple of decent players Leon Cort, Kennedy, Scowcroft and Fletcher. But they have lost a lot of their best players and need to buy to strengthen their squad. I also rate Taylor and think he could do a good job there but they need a striker and a couple of other players..although im sure Jordan will give Taylor some cash to play with.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:50 pm

Norwich 2-0 Preston

Just returned from the game. Another great passing performance for the most part. Dickson Etuhu, what a player, he is unreckonisable from the unhappy midefielder last season. Crofty was also pure clas, hell can that boy cross a ball, Earnie finally got his goal, the first of many I'm hoping. Brilliant game, just three downsides....

We were calling out for a big man all game! As if it wasn't already clear, it was even more so than from Elland road today. When we have a player whos crosses are as good as Croft's it is such a shame when a ball goes in, that it is 5'6 Earnshaw standing in the middle. I don't think that Etuhu/Robinson get forward enough for his crosses, they were all towards Earnie. 9 times out of 10 he will do NOTHING! Sign someone Worthy!

Before Earnshaw got his goal Preston really came at us, it was looking as though we would throw another promising performance away. We need to make sure that around the 60 minute mark, we stop going down a gear. I still have yet to see the side perform for 90 minutes. I am sure it will come though.

The defence looked a little bit shakey all game. Doherty will not have a season like he did last, and I am still not convinced that Shackell can consistantly perform without any mistakes....

Still came home in a good mood though.

As for Preston, they were shite, a bottom half finish is possible unless they improve alot.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:54 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:i could, but i dont fancy wandering around south london late at night lol.

and cheers. hope norwich win too as i have them in my bet.

Laughing , completely understand, Croydon isn't exactly the most welcoming of places, sorry about the result mate. When the score came through in the bar at half time it got a big cheer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:55 am