Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
golsud
Football Genius
Dwarf
debaser
TM
None
COTR
Parks lives
Rasiak-9
"Tuffy" Monag
Deluded F*ck™
Fey
Luso
The Easter Bunny
Romford Pele
Pierre Littbarski
Mistletoe.
Zack
theflyingfrenchman
Machiavel
christmasborocooper
Roger Hunt
E.M.
Kimbo
blutgraetsche
youonlycametooseeeboue
Sheffield gunner
Bend It Like Idiakez
DS
El Fenomeno
Axeslammer
Deano
Sgoater1
Tom
The-Frank-Tavern
Tweesus
NCFC
41 posters

The Coca-Cola League Championship 2006/07

NCFC
    NCFC

Number of posts : 3485
    Supports : Cádiz C.F y Norwich City F.C
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The Coca-Cola League Championship 2006/07 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Coca-Cola League Championship 2006/07

Post by NCFC Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:17 pm

yours truly wrote:Colchester up to tenth a play off push beckons perhaps. Wishful thinking probably but few teams will win at Layer this season I can guarantee that the crowd are so passionate and we sell out every game. Away games now....

Yep! Your lot at Carrow Road tonight. Will be an interesting game. From what I have seen of Colchester they are a team easily capable of staying up this season. Whereas we, need to turn around what happened at Stoke, stright away....
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

The Coca-Cola League Championship 2006/07 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Coca-Cola League Championship 2006/07

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:10 pm

You lot should win considering our dreadful away form. We only really perform at home. I expect a comfortable win for Norwich hear although I'm open for suprise. Watch out for Jamie Cureton though this guy is pure class and Iwelumo is our own Drogba so we won't go down without a fight that's for sure.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:24 pm

yours truly wrote:You lot should win considering our dreadful away form. We only really perform at home. I expect a comfortable win for Norwich hear although I'm open for suprise. Watch out for Jamie Cureton though this guy is pure class and Iwelumo is our own Drogba so we won't go down without a fight that's for sure.

Cureton is a former Norwich players. Was supposed to be a big thing in around the mid nineties before dropping a few leagues and ending up at your doorstep, so he is familiar.

From what I have seen Izzet looks an outstanding player, great technical ability and skill...
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:26 pm

Yeh he has played very well this season considering his stature. I'm not his biggest fan though and would rather have Jonny Jackson playing that centre midfield role.

What will your line up be tonight?
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:40 pm

yours truly wrote:Yeh he has played very well this season considering his stature. I'm not his biggest fan though and would rather have Jonny Jackson playing that centre midfield role.

What will your line up be tonight?

Hard to say on the back of Saturday....
    I'll take a guess at us returning to 4-4-2...

GK - Gallacher
    RB - Colin
    CB - Shackell
    CB - Doherty
    LB - Drury
    RM - Hughes?
    CM - Safri
    CM - Etuhu
    LM -Eagle (hopefully, he deserves his chance)
    CF- Dublin
    ST - Ryan Jarvis
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:42 pm

Not a bad side. I think maybe lacking a bit of pace in a few departments. I take it Earnshaw and Huckerby are both injured then?
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:45 pm

A similar side that was beaten by Stoke 5-0 at the weekend though. The problem with the squad Worthington has left Grant is that it has no depth, hopefully he will rectify that in January.....

Never anything to come on that inspires. And you will never go up on just the first XI....which is weaker without Hucks and Earnshaw, who yes, are injured.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:48 pm

nCfC-CaDiZ-RiQuElMe wrote:A similar side that was beaten by Stoke 5-0 at the weekend though. The problem with the squad Worthington has left Grant is that it has no depth, hopefully he will rectify that in January.....

Never anything to come on that inspires. And you will never go up on just the first XI....which is weaker without Hucks and Earnshaw, who yes, are injured.

Deary me do you have any aspirations of getting promoted. Do you have any player's in mind that would benefit the team greatly and help them push for promotion?
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:58 pm

YT wtf is up with your avatar?
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:12 pm

its yours truly real face
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:13 pm

It's Glenn putting up a very old photoshopped picture of me that I've told him not to put up before. But, being the sociopathic-loner-cunt that he is, he did. So now he's (yours truly) is banned.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:15 pm

Obispo wrote:It's Glenn putting up a very old photoshopped picture of me that I've told him not to put up before. But, being the sociopathic-loner-cunt that he is, he did. So now he's (yours truly) is banned.
    It wasn't Glenn
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:23 pm

was that the picture obi?
    thats just sad
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:23 pm

No way was that glenn......

Post by Guest Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:23 pm

Is Yours truly still banned?

It wasn't Glenn Hysen, so he didn't know what he was doing when he was told to put it up.
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:25 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:No way was that glenn......

About 19 of the last people to sign up have been Glenn Ale

it's just an old picture he got off one of my mates Myspace's Punty. He then photoshopped it...

Post by Guest Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:27 pm

Obispo wrote:
    italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:No way was that glenn......

About 19 of the last people to sign up have been Glenn Ale

it's just an old picture he got off one of my mates Myspace's Punty. He then photoshopped it...
    I know which users Glenn is/was and Yours wasn't one of them. He probably didn't even know the picture someone (not me) sent him was you
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:38 am

What a poor run of results for Southend....A home defeat to bottom of the league Hull is disgraceful!
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:48 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:What a poor run of results for Southend....A home defeat to bottom of the league Hull is disgraceful!

Suprised to see you bottom. The form of Colchester can't be helping Shrimpers either. I have to admit, they were very good yesterday, although we should really be beating teams like them, especially at Carrow road, however much they have impressed me this season.

Earnshaw and Huckerby suprisingly started the game yesterday! Rated 80:20 before the game, it was a huge shock. In all honesty however nobody really got going to the correct standard other than youngster Eagle, as I promised.

Colchester's goal was offside simple as, Gallacher had a crap game, missed other inicidents as well. Etuhu's goal rescued us and was again well deserved on his part as he was certainly one of the more commited. Dublin was again the player who changed things. It must be clear to Grant by now. Dublin should be played when we need goals late in games, it is when he is most affective by a mile.

Sunderland at Carrow road on Saturday. Interesting one.... certainly winnable, but Granty has so much work to do...
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:49 pm

Anyone seen anything of Adam Johnson since he went to Leeds?
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:52 pm

borocooper wrote:Anyone seen anything of Adam Johnson since he went to Leeds?

I haven't although he seems to have started plenty of games.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:53 pm

good stuff, he must be doing alright then I suppose.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:16 pm

nCfC-CaDiZ-RiQuElMe wrote:
    italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:What a poor run of results for Southend....A home defeat to bottom of the league Hull is disgraceful!

Suprised to see you bottom. The form of Colchester can't be helping Shrimpers either. I have to admit, they were very good yesterday, although we should really be beating teams like them, especially at Carrow road, however much they have impressed me this season.

Earnshaw and Huckerby suprisingly started the game yesterday! Rated 80:20 before the game, it was a huge shock. In all honesty however nobody really got going to the correct standard other than youngster Eagle, as I promised.

Colchester's goal was offside simple as, Gallacher had a crap game, missed other inicidents as well. Etuhu's goal rescued us and was again well deserved on his part as he was certainly one of the more commited. Dublin was again the player who changed things. It must be clear to Grant by now. Dublin should be played when we need goals late in games, it is when he is most affective by a mile.

Sunderland at Carrow road on Saturday. Interesting one.... certainly winnable, but Granty has so much work to do...

Thanks for supporting me HC and Deano.

@NCFC
    Wasn't a bad game last night our goal was offside granted but we gave a good account ourselves last night. You probably deserved to win but our fighting spirit merited something. Good luck for the rest of the season. Unlucky Deano!
    El Fenomeno
    El Fenomeno

Number of posts : 124
    Supports : West Bromwich Albion, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

Post by El Fenomeno Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:21 pm

Once again sorry about the delay in posting on here, just got back from week in spain ahhhh i do miss the sun but yeah back to the footy Very Happy.

Hows everyones teams doing, well in your opinion?
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:59 pm

@ Yours truly Yeh good luck too. As long as you keep the home form going and don't do a Southend, survival beckons.

@ Playmaker,
    Where abouts in Spain did you go?

As from my posts, I am sure you can tell all is still not well at Carrow road but there is certainly alot more confidence now Granty is at the helm.

3-3 at the Hawthornes last night Shocked, has to be considered two dropped. You need to get back to winning ways at the weekend or the two high flying Lancashire clubs could leave you in their wake.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:29 pm

nCfC-CaDiZ-RiQuElMe wrote:@ Yours truly Yeh good luck too. As long as you keep the home form going and don't do a Southend, survival beckons.

@ Playmaker,
    Where abouts in Spain did you go?

As from my posts, I am sure you can tell all is still not well at Carrow road but there is certainly alot more confidence now Granty is at the helm.

3-3 at the Hawthornes last night Shocked, has to be considered two dropped. You need to get back to winning ways at the weekend or the two high flying Lancashire clubs could leave you in their wake.

Its really weird though because Southend dominated in Leagu 1 but we seem to fairing better than themselves in this league
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:37 pm

Yeh although they started very well. Home form is certainly the key, as soon as Southend's slipped, I think it stared with defeat against Cardiff if I remember right, you tend to plumit down the table. Just look at Luton last season. Teams hate going to these small grounds with under 10,000 capacity, small pitches, fans on top of them. They are put under the cosh by promoted teams treating them no different to the League 1 sides they brushed away the previous season.

Southend can still turn it around. I thought they would fair alot better than Colchester tbh, but they need to act sooner rather than later to avoid drifting away from the teams in front of them. COuld be a bit of pressure on Tilson of they can't stop the rot?
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:45 pm

Tonights results....

Derby 2-1 Barnsley
    Southampton 2-0 Wolves

Good victories for the two home teams. Barnsley firmly rooted in the bottom three and Wolves seem to have hit a brick wall.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:03 pm

Yep Home form is key as we won't pick up many points away from home. We will be overwhelmed by playin at stadiums like Elland Road and the Stadium Of Light. At least Col U hav brought me joy so far this season.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:07 pm

This thread has dissapeared over recent weeks!

I'm happy to report that Norwich are showing much improved form. We road our luck at the weekend but outpassed West Brom and deserved the victory overall. Grant has certainly installed a fighting spirit, particuarly at the back, which was absent under Worthington. Dublin has been an absolute rock last two games, which in turn has made Jason Shackell look alot more solid. Doherty will struggle to get back into the team.

Looks like we will have Luke Chadwich for the season at least. Always rated him as a good player at this level. Suprised he wants to come after Stoke mauled us 5-0 a couple of weeks back. But Graty's links already paying off, they will know each other from West Ham.

Hopefully more signings to come...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:58 pm