Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Machiavel
TM
Luis
Fey
Cesc Soler
anglophileHedgehog
Deluded F*ck™
golsud
Jaime
Tweesus
Oleguerisntthatbad
blutgraetsche
christmasborocooper
toon h
debaser
Ricardo Jol
Dejan Savićević
NCFC
Rez
fcb
24 posters

UEFA Cup Semi-finals

NCFC
    NCFC

Number of posts : 3485
    Supports : Cádiz C.F y Norwich City F.C
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

UEFA Cup Semi-finals - Page 5 Empty Re: UEFA Cup Semi-finals

Post by NCFC Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:21 pm

@kas

I don't think I can see them succeeding though. You have the feeling that Sevilla will be too strong at the Pizjuan. It would be a huge shock to see a Osasuna vs Espanyol final - who would you fancy?
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:23 pm

No idea, Osasuna can play the anti-football that sometimes works in finals whereas Espanyol are a better footballing side. It would be a nightmare for UEFA if two midtable sides from the same country made up the final.

But like you said, it'll be tough for Osasuna to get through...I'm expecting a 2-1 or 3-1 kind of result, so it'll all depends on when the goals are scored.
    anglophileHedgehog
    anglophileHedgehog

Number of posts : 4934
    Supports : VfB Stuttgart
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by anglophileHedgehog Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:25 pm

kas wrote:But Naldo was the main culprit for that 2nd goal. He really should have jumped and at least distract the guy behind him from seeing the ball all the way.

@ncfc: The walking off the pitch thing was nothing major in the end. Apparently the ref got injured so the 4th official allowed the players to come off. Or maybe the 4th official confused it all with crowd trouble. Basically a lot of chaos (understandable given how aggressive the game was, as Tweedle posted) over something small.
    Next week's 2nd leg will be interesting, I'll definitely watch this tie rather than Bremen-Espanyol. Osasuna will probably try to hang on to this and be as disruptive to Sevilla's game as possible.

Tweedle or others who watched Osasuna-Sevilla in full, how was Raul Garcia?
    And now for the obligatory--how did Hinkel do, I understand he got 15 minutes on the pitch?
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:27 pm

Would be a nightmare. But should they get there.....I think both teams have played well enough to get there all in all, playing some class teams especially Espanyol in Benfica and Werder, who have played and competed well in this seasons Champions League.

Osasuna put together the perfect away performance against Leverkusen, but somehow I can't see them repeating it. I'll go 3-0 or 4-1 Sevilla.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:27 pm

Fey wrote:Braamhaar as ref=DRAMA! He shouldnt be doing this to himself, he has a teacher head! Not a refs head. Lets see what he fucked up recently.

-Lille vs Manu: Didnt allowed a perfect good goal, chaos followed short after that.

Braamhaar = decent Referee.

He saw a player (Vidic) being fouled, video footage says otherwise, but as Ref he has the power if he believes a foul has been committed to award the fouled team a free-kick .. plus he had the right to allow Giggs to take a quick free-kick.

-PSV vs Scum: He is fucking laughin at a Ajax goal!!!! Evil or Very Mad

he was pleased with his decision to play advantage which lead to a goal for Ajax .. its strange, but excusable.

-Osasuna vs Sevilla: Fucked up big time again, did almost everything wrong. And again the players were sent off the pitch during a game....

Etc...

Haven't seen the game, but read that he was unable to continue, with fourth official Peter Vink taking over, if he was injured or something severe, you cant blame him ...
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:35 pm

The BBC says that the referee tore a muscle in his calf.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6598017.stm
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:55 pm

LaborMaus wrote:
    kas wrote:But Naldo was the main culprit for that 2nd goal. He really should have jumped and at least distract the guy behind him from seeing the ball all the way.

@ncfc: The walking off the pitch thing was nothing major in the end. Apparently the ref got injured so the 4th official allowed the players to come off. Or maybe the 4th official confused it all with crowd trouble. Basically a lot of chaos (understandable given how aggressive the game was, as Tweedle posted) over something small.
    Next week's 2nd leg will be interesting, I'll definitely watch this tie rather than Bremen-Espanyol. Osasuna will probably try to hang on to this and be as disruptive to Sevilla's game as possible.

Tweedle or others who watched Osasuna-Sevilla in full, how was Raul Garcia?
    And now for the obligatory--how did Hinkel do, I understand he got 15 minutes on the pitch?

Funnily enough, I watched the last 15 mins (obviously I turned it on just when I saw that Hinkel had been brought on and you'd be asking about him Wink )

Anyway, I didn't notice too much about him, either good or bad...it freed up Alves to be a winger so that helped Sevilla attack some more towards the end. There was one piece of play though where he was a bit out of position and allowed Osasuna to inter-play well on the left flank. But then he recovered and did a good job to stop the final cross going in.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:59 pm

Raul Garcia was class, yet again. Pulled all the strings. and slowly picked apart the Sevilla defence with his angled balls.

Had a couple of shots that went close as well

Osasuna deserved to win 2-0 IMO
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:27 pm

Fey wrote:Braamhaar as ref=DRAMA! He shouldnt be doing this to himself, he has a teacher head! Not a refs head. Lets see what he fucked up recently.

-Lille vs Manu: Didnt allowed a perfect good goal, chaos followed short after that.
    -PSV vs Scum: He is fucking laughin at a Ajax goal!!!! Evil or Very Mad
    -Osasuna vs Sevilla: Fucked up big time again, did almost everything wrong. And again the players were sent off the pitch during a game....

Etc...

Fey, you must be mistaken as he didnt rule out a perfectly good Giggs goal Biggrin
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:53 pm

Osasuna Biggrin
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:21 am

btw, one of the matches in La Liga this weekend is Sevilla vs. Espanyol Smile

It'll probably be a dull match with both resting players and having their minds on their UEFA Cup 2nd legs.
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715

Post by toon h Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:15 am

I doubt Sevilla is going to rest many players. Surely they must have their minds on the title race as much?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:21 am

They should consider it IMO. Right now their squad isn't good enough to challenge on all 3 fronts so I think they need to prioritise.

Of course it would help if they realised this only after having played a full strength team against Madrid and getting a draw.
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:32 am

Oleguerisntthatgreat wrote:
    kas wrote:Maybe Balague will be happy enough to not spout $h!t about Barcelona on at least one week's episode of Revista La Liga Laughing

Nahhh.. now it will be Eto'o and Dinho trying to force a move to Espanyol...

Don't forget Villa Wink
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:42 am

kas wrote:btw, one of the matches in La Liga this weekend is Sevilla vs. Espanyol Smile

It'll probably be a dull match with both resting players and having their minds on their UEFA Cup 2nd legs.

Do Espanyol need to rest their players, unless they are keen to help out Sevilla Wink
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:49 pm

SOLDADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:17 pm

it would ge great for espanyol if they can get to titles in such short time. im hoping it will be a osasuna-espanyol in the final with osasuna winning it. i dont want sevilla winning it again that would be to boring. they can take the spanish cup.
    ADO Bhoy
    ADO Bhoy

Number of posts : 52
    Supports : Celtic, ADO Den Haag
    Registration date : 2006-10-16

Post by ADO Bhoy Wed May 02, 2007 10:13 pm

A great couple of CL semi finals over the last two nights.
    But, having been over to see them play a couple of times, and having a real soft spot for them, I'm looking forward to Espanyol completing the job tomorrow night!!!

This avatar stays until the Final, and if they win, it'll be permanent Very Happy

ok
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed May 02, 2007 10:17 pm

Yeah tomorrow should be good as well. I think I'll go with Sevilla-Osasuna but switch to Bremen-Espanyol if Bremen get an early goal or two.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Wed May 02, 2007 10:36 pm

Vamos mi Sevilla Vamos Campeon! Really looking forward to it tomorrow. I am staying strictly neutral, I think....

Looking like a repeat of the weekends fixture......
    Sevilla vs Espnayol in the final.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:13 am