Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+43
Isco Benny
Jaime
DS
Barrilete
bluenine
Lard
lampiao007
Oleguerisntthatbad
COTR
Tweesus
Torrente
Rez
Fey
Batman
Parks lives
Pierre Littbarski
Axeslammer
Murray
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
jdbfs
Luis
Machiavel
Lordanger
Rosicky
TM
SuperMario
Formerly known as sheva7
DD
DeLux
OP9
Puro
Cristiano
Mexicanbecks
Cesc Soler
chrissicross
Juligen
Sheffield gunner
Super Progress
Calidad
Rasiak-9
fcb
blutgraetsche
mongrel hawk
47 posters

The Official Copa America 2007 thread...

OP9
    OP9

Number of posts : 1476
    Supports : Tigres, Leverkusen, Mexico
    Favourite Player : Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gio Dos Santos, Ibisevic, Memo Ochoa, Begovic, OP9
    Registration date : 2006-09-18

The Official Copa America 2007 thread... - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Copa America 2007 thread...

Post by OP9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 am

PSV > Deportivo la Coruña Sad
    Mexicanbecks
    Mexicanbecks

Number of posts : 3775
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-11-16

The Official Copa America 2007 thread... - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Copa America 2007 thread...

Post by Mexicanbecks Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:21 pm

true, but he doesnt speak dutch and psv werent willing to pay for him. also from the looks of it he will more or less have a starting position
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:58 pm

My mistake, not five but four Paraguayan players who played like shite against México. Watch the game again. <Ale>

Julio Cáceres, Paulo Da Silva, Dario Verón (all starting defenders, nearly the whole Paraguay defense), and Salvador Cabañas "played" horrible. They hardly ran, never closed down the shooters. I know how well they anticipate when defending. I don't have proof, but I'm convinced something fishy went on with the Mexican clubs based Paraguayans.

I wouldn't be surprised that they were indirectly pressured by their Mexican teams. The Mexican mafia run a lot of numbers in football gambling.
    Mexicanbecks
    Mexicanbecks

Post by Mexicanbecks Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:37 pm

Puro wrote:My mistake, not five but four Paraguayan players who played like shite against México. Watch the game again. <Ale>

Julio Cáceres, Paulo Da Silva, Dario Verón (all starting defenders, nearly the whole Paraguay defense), and Salvador Cabañas "played" horrible. They hardly ran, never closed down the shooters. I know how well they anticipate when defending. I don't have proof, but I'm convinced something fishy went on with the Mexican clubs based Paraguayans.

I wouldn't be surprised that they were indirectly pressured by their Mexican teams. The Mexican mafia run a lot of numbers in football gambling.

Rolling Eyes surely they couldnt be demoralized by being down 3-0 in the first 30 minutes
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:44 pm

Mexicanbecks wrote:
    Rolling Eyes surely they couldnt be demoralized by being down 3-0 in the first 30 minutes

Something similar happened in Copa América 1999 when it was Perú-México in quarterfinals. We were playing beautiful winning 2-0, then our two Mexican club based central defenders Reynoso (Cruz Azul) and José Soto (Puebla) suddenly couldn't stop anyone sort of like them Paraguayan defenders.

México tied us 2-2, then Solano put us ahead 3-2 until José Soto let the ball bounce in our area for a Mexican to shoot and score late in the game.

Then in the penalties surprise surprise, REYNOSO and JOSE SOTO asked to shoot penalties (they never took penalties before), and of course kick the shite out of the ball. Reynoso's went well above the cross bar and Soto's went well wide. Not even close. I'm pretty sure something similar happened with them Mexican club based Paraguayans (club pressure, contract negotiations, Mexican mafia etc. etc.) <Ale>
    OP9
    OP9

Number of posts : 1476
    Supports : Tigres, Leverkusen, Mexico
    Favourite Player : Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gio Dos Santos, Ibisevic, Memo Ochoa, Begovic, OP9
    Registration date : 2006-09-18

Post by OP9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:39 pm

Puro wrote:
    Mexicanbecks wrote:

Something similar happened in Copa América 1999 when it was Perú-México in quarterfinals. We were playing beautiful winning 2-0, then our two Mexican club based central defenders Reynoso (Cruz Azul) and José Soto (Puebla) suddenly couldn't stop anyone sort of like them Paraguayan defenders.

México tied us 2-2, then Solano put us ahead 3-2 until José Soto let the ball bounce in our area for a Mexican to shoot and score late in the game.

Then in the penalties surprise surprise, REYNOSO and JOSE SOTO asked to shoot penalties (they never took penalties before), and of course kick the shite out of the ball. Reynoso's went well above the cross bar and Soto's went well wide. Not even close. I'm pretty sure something similar happened with them Mexican club based Paraguayans (club pressure, contract negotiations, Mexican mafia etc. etc.) <Ale>

lol!
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:49 pm

so who is you're player of the tournament:

Ill go for Nery Castillo, no one had really heard of him before this copa america yet he has managed to score 4 goals and really make a name for himself.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:55 pm

1. Riquelme
    2. Castillo
    3. Messi

(if Messi is MOTM today then he'll be 2nd).
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Number of posts : 2605
    Supports : Southampton
    Registration date : 2007-01-17

Post by Rasiak-9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:38 pm

I'll go for Robinho - averaging a goal a game is superb
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:46 pm

That's a totally misleading stat to go by - 2 of his goals came in the end of a Chile match where they were just picking off goals on the counter attack like Chile did against Nigeria in the U-20 World Cup quarterfinal earlier today. Plus 2 of his goals were penalties. If we're going by goals then it should be Castillo.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:30 am

If I've counted correctly, this tournament had 85 goals in 28 games, which is a goal average of slightly more than 3 goals per game ok
    Mexicanbecks
    Mexicanbecks

Post by Mexicanbecks Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:51 am

kas wrote:That's a totally misleading stat to go by - 2 of his goals came in the end of a Chile match where they were just picking off goals on the counter attack like Chile did against Nigeria in the U-20 World Cup quarterfinal earlier today. Plus 2 of his goals were penalties. If we're going by goals then it should be Castillo.

and yet messi is deserved to be ahead of castillo and robinho Doh . messi has been surrounded by greatness while robinho has had a second string brazil around him and scored 6 goals (2 from pks that HE earned) and won copa america.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:30 pm