Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Luis
Ricardo Jol
DeLux
gone
Tweesus
Kimbo
SuperMario
DD
Axeslammer
Mexicanbecks
Super Progress
A & K
fcb
Calidad
Sheffield gunner
OP9
Since 1888
Fey
Cesc Soler
Machiavel
DS
Parks lives
Rasiak-9
blutgraetsche
Deano
BoBo Vieri 32
30 posters

Your ideal team for Euro '08

DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Your ideal team for Euro '08 - Page 3 Empty Re: Your ideal team for Euro '08

Post by DD Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:27 am

LB we're covered with De Cler and Gio.
    RB, now that Kromkamp looks like a shadow of his former self is more for Jaliens, or indeed Melchiot. Its between those two for me. I'd rather see Melchiot some more in that position for Oranje before I say anything definite though - even though I'm fan of experience over talent in defensive positions.
    Boulah can also fill the defensive RB duties, but I want him as our RCB.

Urby and heitinga should never play in the defense if not Oranje altogether.
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:33 am

Axeslammer wrote:
    Alive and Kicking wrote:

Lot's of quality players. Melchiot in the first team?

Yep Smile

Holland's weakest positions are the fullbacks.

Melchiot was tried out in the last two internationals on that position and he mightily impressed me.

He's a modern RB : he knows how to defend, goes forward a lot and has an excellent cross. He's got speed, he's tall and because he played in England for a while he's learned to be a good offensive and defensive header (the English might not realize it themselves but they're the best headers in the world).

He's also experienced and mature, he's laid back in a good way : he'll bring peace and rest to our youths.

All in all I have to say I like him very much (both on and off the pitch) ok

Apparently he played very well for Rennes this year, although I didn't see any games.
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Number of posts : 2605
    Supports : Southampton
    Registration date : 2007-01-17

Post by Rasiak-9 Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:11 pm

MexicanTeamOfTheRosesFan wrote:
    Rasiak-9 wrote:Foster

Neville-Rio-Terry-Cole

Beckham/Lennon-Hargreaves-Gerrard-Cole

Owen-Rooney

<Ale> cheers

The simple switch of dropping Lampard for Hargreaves will work far better than you might think.

Like it or lump it that is our best team - two wingers (use Beckham when experience is needed) DMF/AMF, solid back four that has rarely let us down - good keeper, goal poacher/support striker
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:32 pm

-----------------James(?)-----------------

Neville--Ferdinand--Woodgate--Bridge

Gerrard--Hargreaves--Carrick--J.Cole

-------------Rooney--Owen-------------

All of our keepers are shite, if James keeps up last seasons form then i'd pick him despite his age. <Ale>
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Number of posts : 2605
    Supports : Southampton
    Registration date : 2007-01-17

Post by Rasiak-9 Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:34 pm

Foster > James
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:35 pm

James really is the best option based on the previous season - he was just decent, he was top clas for Pompey last season I thought.

I'd probably play a similar squad
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:37 pm

-----------Lobont-------------
    Ogararu--Goian--Chivu---Rat
    ---------Radoi---Codrea----
    Nicolita-----Dica------Mutu
    -----------Marica-----------
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:44 pm

supermadrid wrote:
    kas wrote:I'll do Spain since no one else has:

Casillas

Ramos-Puyol-Albiol (IMO)-Capdevila
    ----------Albelda
    --------Iniesta/cesc-Raul garcia
    ----Villa---Torres---Silva
    i think that spains biggest problem in the world cup was they had to many of the same in midfield and since they only played real strikers in the striker position i think they will need a direct player like raul garcia. allthough if baraja got back in form he would get it. also i think cesc gets more assists then inesta allthough both would do.

Raul Garcia is an Albelda/Baraja hybrid - he will win you balls in midfield and drive forward. I liked 4-3-3 formation we played at the World Cup, but we were very lucky with some of the offside decisions - as a result of the defence playing further up the pitch. IMO Spain would play with Xavi and Iniesta in midfield, as Cesc is too similar to Xavi.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:58 pm

Mexicanbecks wrote:

Casillas

----------Albelda
    --------Iniesta-Xavi

i agree just swap iniesta with cesc. (and no not because he is from barca)

So you'd drop Spains best performer in recent games? He's been MOTM on a couple of occasions. Most notably against Argentina.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:03 pm

gone wrote:-----------Lobont-------------

There's a player for Rat? That's unfortuntate.

Is the Romanian national side predominantly based in Romania, or is spread through Europe. I obviously know Chivu & Mutu, little of the others.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:15 pm

--------------------------Sar-----------

Kromkamp----Ooijer---Boulahrouz/Donk---Emanuelson

-------------De Zeeuw--------Gio/Schaars

--------------Sneijder/VdV/De Guzman

---RVP---------Ruud/Vennegoor-----Robben

The only thing Marco has to do is to give the Dutch more freedom to switch from position while others have to take over their place and will will win the title for more than 100% percent Ale
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:18 pm

Calidad wrote:

Is the Romanian national side predominantly based in Romania, or is spread through Europe. I obviously know Chivu & Mutu, little of the others.
    & Dica, Ogararu, Lobont, Marica.
    Dica is class. ok
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:34 pm

Razvan Rat ok

Plays for shaktar...
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:38 pm

My England team:

....................................Carson................................................

Neville.............Rio......................Terry..............Bridge............

.................................Hargreaves............................................

........Becks..................Gerrard......................Cole..................

.....................Crouchinho............Rooney.................................

Easy.
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:43 pm

Calidad wrote:

Lobont - Dinamo
    Goian, Radoi, Nicolita, Dica - Steaua.

The rest are from Italy (Mutu, Chivu, Codrea), Shaktar (Rat, Marica) and Holland (Ogararu).

But this is MY ideal formation. But there are about 4-5 Romanian based players in the NT (if everyone is fit). In the 90's there was 1 or 2 but our league has increase a lot since then.

BTW, his name is something like Rats in said in Romanian. Doesn't mean the same thing as it does in English. Laughing

Last edited by on Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:45 pm

You think you'll qualify over Netherlands and Bulgaria?
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:47 pm

Samba de Baiano wrote:
    supermadrid wrote:

Casillas

----------Albelda
    --------Iniesta/cesc-Raul garcia
    i think that spains biggest problem in the world cup was they had to many of the same in midfield and since they only played real strikers in the striker position i think they will need a direct player like raul garcia. allthough if baraja got back in form he would get it. also i think cesc gets more assists then inesta allthough both would do.

Raul Garcia is an Albelda/Baraja hybrid - he will win you balls in midfield and drive forward. I liked 4-3-3 formation we played at the World Cup, but we were very lucky with some of the offside decisions - as a result of the defence playing further up the pitch. IMO Spain would play with Xavi and Iniesta in midfield, as Cesc is too similar to Xavi.
    and i think they do need a baraja type box to box player that gives them some strength and who is more direct. one of inesta/cesc should do the trick.
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:48 pm

DD wrote:You think you'll qualify over Netherlands and Bulgaria?

Not over Netherlands as I think both teams will qualify. I would say a draw against you in Bucharest and a win/draw in Sofia and we're there.
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:56 pm

I think even us (Oranje) are capable of cocking up. I wouldn't mind too much really as I don't want Van Basten ruining Oranje anymore.
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:59 pm

I don't think you will. After all you play Bulgaria at home and should win that game. I see Van Basten is calling Seedorf back so there still might be hope for you. Very Happy
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:59 pm

DD wrote:I wouldn't mind too much really

This is bullshit and you know it
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:07 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:
    DD wrote:I wouldn't mind too much really

This is bullshit and you know it
    I'll be bummed out, but I'm already disapointed with the joke of a football that we are already playing now. Grinding results or waiting for RVP to bail us out.

Everything we'd achieve is in spite of Van Basten. What good is it to reaach the EC and struggle with the likes of Latvia and then get KOd by the first decent opponent we face because San Marco was being stubborn again.

Right now, I'm fearing that our quality in the squad will take us further and that the KNVB will offer Van Basten a longer contract. pale No

We're only setting us up for a fall right now - and the majority of the public knows this as well.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:09 pm

When we win euro 2008 you are the first who suck his c0ck and Axe will pick up the soap for San Marco ....

Football's popularity is changing everyday. One day you are the Zero the other day you are the Hero!
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:18 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:When we win euro 2008 you are the first who suck his c0ck and Axe will pick up the soap for San Marco ....

Football's popularity is changing everyday. One day you are the Zero the other day you are the Hero!
    I was against his appointment, but gave him a chance. Gave him the benefit of teh doubt with his doodgier decisions as well during WC qualifying. Then he fucked up by panicking and fucking with the formula with his WC selection (Heitinga out of the blue), fucked up every match in that cup. No apologies or explenations afterwards. Ostracised and banned players we cannot afford to and making us the joke of Europe. Grinding out results against the likes of Luxembourg (the third lowest ranked European selection, together with San Marino and Faroe Islands).
    Lying about players, ridiculing others publically (Davids), continuous backtracking of issues, favorotism to the point of straight bias for Ajax watercarriers; no tactical nous. There's more.

But most importantly, for making us play the ugliest football in over 35 years.

Believe you me, everything we achieve is in spite and not because of him.

So no, forget about it. He'll be getting nothing from me. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

RAUS!
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:19 pm

Don't lie! Before the World Cup you were100% sure the Dutch were favourite to win the World Cup with San Marco!
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:27 pm

Him chickening out of a duel with Germany is enough reason.

When ever you get that chance, you grab it with both hands!

I thought we had the potential to win the WC, but the execution was by far the poorest we've displayed at that level. Him fucking with the formula (tactics, selection, line-ups) just prior to the WC were the omens to come. Opdam left at home, Heitinga who was non-existant during qualifying included, Boulah benched (the two best CBs who defended perfectly during qualifying were duped becuase of his ego), Sneijder as DM Doh , Kuyt LW Doh , recovering VDV on RW Doh , Ruud benched in two games, etc..

It was a car crash.
    The balance that worked effectively during the qualifying (most goals, most points, most wins, least conceded) was thrown out of the window to make room for the Ajax window shop.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:36 pm

Like always you surf with the mass opinion...

So If we win the mass love San Marco and so do you!
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:40 pm

--------------------Coupet---------

-Sagnol-------Gallas--Thuram/Mexes--Abidal

--------------Toulalan/L.Diarra--Vieira-----

------Ribery/Nasri----------------------Malouda

--------------------Henry------Anelka

L.Diarra has been awesome every time i've seen him, he might be a better Maké replacement than Toulalan. Ribery can be excellent, but he's been average at best recently, bar the last match. Anelka has been absolutely brilliant since his return, so he's a definite starter imo.

OR (What I'd play):

--------------------------Coupet

-Sagnol-----Mexes----------Gallas--------Abidal

------------------TOulalan--Vieira
    -----------------------Nasri
    -
    ----------------Henry---Benzema--Anelka

As long as Shitney isn't anywhere near the squad, Im happy.
    OP9
    OP9

Number of posts : 1476
    Supports : Tigres, Leverkusen, Mexico
    Favourite Player : Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gio Dos Santos, Ibisevic, Memo Ochoa, Begovic, OP9
    Registration date : 2006-09-18

Post by OP9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:12 am

Kimbo wrote:-----------------James(?)-----------------

Neville--Ferdinand--Woodgate--Bridge

Gerrard--Hargreaves--Carrick--J.Cole

-------------Rooney--Owen-------------

All of our keepers are shite, if James keeps up last seasons form then i'd pick him despite his age. <Ale>

Where's Terry?

Terry = Class
    OP9
    OP9

Number of posts : 1476
    Supports : Tigres, Leverkusen, Mexico
    Favourite Player : Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gio Dos Santos, Ibisevic, Memo Ochoa, Begovic, OP9
    Registration date : 2006-09-18

Post by OP9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:18 am

I agree

All of our keepers but Foster are shitee. I wouldn't count on James...Remember Euro 2004 Doh

Although I don't think McClaren part ways with Robinson

If Owen and Rooney can find some chemistry...And I just hope becks doesn't become a fat slob after playing against the MLS's best ...then we can be competitive for the Euro

Oh and we really have to sack McClaren

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:07 pm