Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Anelka signs a new deal

Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Anelka signs a new deal Empty Anelka signs a new deal

Post by Dwarf Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:09 pm

Anelka signs new deal with Bolton

Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka has ended speculation over his future by signing a new contract that will keep him at the club until 2011.

Anelka, 28, has been linked with a move away from the Reebok, with several Premier League clubs interested.

But he said: "I seem to have been linked with every club in the country of late, but my heart is with Bolton.

"I am very happy with my form, the club and the manager so signing a new contract was not a difficult decision."

French international Anelka joined the Trotters from Fenerbahce last summer for £8m, signing an initial four-year deal.

However, the much-travelled forward recently hinted he could leave if the club's poor start to the season continued.

But he seems to have been convinced of their ambition, adding: "Hopefully we will prosper together because I would not have remained at Bolton if I'd thought we could not win trophies."

Bolton boss Sammy Lee added: "It is a fantastic boost that Nicolas has agreed to stay with us.

"We have worked tirelessly behind the scenes to get him to commit his long-term future to us.

"Nicolas is one of the world's best strikers and I am immensely proud and happy that he has shown such commitment to the club.

"It's also a boost for the dressing room because a team never wants to lose anybody of Nicolas's stature and presence.

"This shows our ambition to be amongst the top clubs, not just in this country but across the world of football."

The Trotters have lost their opening three matches under new manager Lee following a summer in which Anelka was linked to the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Portsmouth.

"If I have to leave, it'll be because of bad results," he said last week.

"I want to be in a team that rivals big clubs not one playing to finish 10th or 15th. I want to rediscover a big club."

Anelka, who has played for Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City in the Premier League, has rediscovered his best form while at Bolton and is now a regular in the France team.

Meanwhile, defender Nicky Hunt has also signed a new four-year deal with the Trotters.

Now onto Defoe.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Anelka signs a new deal Empty Re: Anelka signs a new deal

Post by TM Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:10 pm

Anelka must have put some sort of clause, to move to a bigger team if they are relegated.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:12 pm

Dwarf wrote:

Meanwhile, defender Nicky Hunt has also signed a new four-year deal with the Trotters.

FF will be made up with that.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:10 pm

borocooper wrote:
    Dwarf wrote:

FF will be made up with that.

I was happy until I read that. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:46 am