Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Fey
Since 1888
SuperMario
The-Frank-Tavern
Axeslammer
Super Progress
Machiavel
11 posters

Exit interview Henk ten Cate : Perez , difficulties at Ajax

Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Exit interview Henk ten Cate : Perez , difficulties at Ajax Empty Exit interview Henk ten Cate : Perez , difficulties at Ajax

Post by Machiavel Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:27 pm

“First they collect money for me and then when that’s all done, they tell the media I am a liar.” reacted Henk ten Cate. ” The tv took my quotes of out context and manipulated information. I never said I wasn’t talking to Chelsea. I only denied having signed a contract. And in all honesty, I still haven’t.”

But Ajax let you go. The 6th coach in 9 years. And apart from winning the national cup, there was not a lot of success.

“The expectations at Ajax are exceptional. They still think it’s 1995, when they won the CL. But times have changed. The goals haven’t. And that is not realistic. Ajax is not one of the top European sides. Period. But we did make a good step forward. We score goals, we play attractive football, young talent gets a chance. But it’s hard to attract top players to Amsterdam. Salaries aren’t as high as in other countries and the Eredivisie level isn’t on par with England, France or Spain. Those are the facts. And the youth development of Ajax isn’t the best in the country anymore. Feyenoord, PSV, FC Groningen…they all do very well. The generation of van der Vaart, Sneijder, Stekelenburg, De Jong is pretty good but from the next one is was Babel and Emanuelson. And hopefully Maduro.”

Ajax was hard to beat with Davids. He broke his leg. Was that an expensive injury for Ajax.

“Very. But that’s not something I am responsible for. Players are obliged to wear them and a serious and committed and experienced player like Davids should have known better. It’s almost a farce. The assistant referee was also asleep, I guess.”

If you would have noticed, would you have said something?

“Of course! I would have said: hey buddy, didn’t you forget something? But after he fell away, I pleaded for another experienced midfielder but there weren’t any alternatives. The board said: just work with Schilder. I should have been more pushy in that discussion. And then Sneijder was sold and Gabri got injured. My whole midfield was gone.”

But, there was Kenneth Perez. Who is not a bad player, as we see now at PSV.

"Perez is a great player. I never said he wasn’t, but he demanded a starting spot. That doesn’t work in top sport. You earn the spot, you don’t demand it.”

In what way were his comments to the coloured referee last season an issue for you, being a coloured person yourself.

“Not at all. Come on. Dark players get this all their life. Do you really think that upsets me. I even helped Perez write his apology letter and all… Perez played 45 games in Ajax 1 last season. He shouldn’t be whining.”

Lindenbergh had to go because he was best buddies with Perez?

“I am not going to spend any words on that little cry-baby. Every word is one too many.”

Players like Stekelenburg and Huntelaar had trouble getting used to your way of motivating.

“Huntelaar has enormous qualities in the box. But, you’re not always in the box. I invested time in him, but he was too hardheaded at first, probably helped by his entourage. Until he saw how my approach made Babel and Sneijder better players. Then he changed. He is doing great now and he will become a huge striker. Maarten Stekelenburg is introverted. I wanted him to be more outspoken. So I hired Carlo L’Ami, a very extraverted keeper trainer. I think that works now.”

At Chelsea, you’ll be assistant again. Is that a better job than being the head-coach for you?

“My reputation is being made on the basis of two failed European matches. I won’t go into that. I’ve proven I can be a good head coach. The only drawback is to have to talk to people like you. The press. I will be co-responsible for the line-up at Chelsea, like my assistants at Ajax were too. The good thing is, I don’t have to justify that to the press anymore.”
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Exit interview Henk ten Cate : Perez , difficulties at Ajax Empty Re: Exit interview Henk ten Cate : Perez , difficulties at Ajax

Post by Super Progress Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:36 pm

how do you dutch rate perez. i have always thought he was very good but i wasnt sure he got the credit he deserved. he wasnt always rated in denmark for some reason despite scoring alot of good goals esp at AZ i remember.he willl hopefully play against spain.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Exit interview Henk ten Cate : Perez , difficulties at Ajax Empty Re: Exit interview Henk ten Cate : Perez , difficulties at Ajax

Post by Machiavel Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:45 pm

Yeah from what i have seen in the past 2 years he looks the part a very good player , and showing his class at PSV at the moment. Whats his role in the Danish team ?
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:21 pm

Henk Nepchinees (fake Chinese) Ten Cate wrote:

But we did make a good step forward. We score goals, we play attractive football, young talent gets a chance.

Huh, what ?!

The main problem people had with you Henk -- you don't mind if I call you Henk do you....you're always so popie-jopie thinking it makes you look like a "common guy", that it feels like we're best buddies -- is that you *didn't* play attractive football (nowhere near to be honest) and that you didn't give young talents a chance....

If you did, Van der Wiel would be playing every match and Collin would never have been bought....

Henk Drogredenen Ten Cate wrote:
    But it’s hard to attract top players to Amsterdam. Salaries aren’t as high as in other countries and the Eredivisie level isn’t on par with England

So you splash it all on Luque (who ?! Yes : Luque) and make sure that the team isn't a team anymore, because an unproven benchwarmer earns more than any two starting players combined.

Brilliant managing ok

Blaming foreign salary structures for this is a stroke of genius Ale

Henk Passing the Buck Ten Cate wrote:

“But that’s not something I am responsible for.

If you would have noticed, would you have said something?

“Of course! I would have said: hey buddy, didn’t you forget something?

So it's all someone else's fault...

Henk would have fixed it of course, had he been there....like he fixed so many things at Ajax Laugh

IIRC Davids didn't even play that much under Ten Cate and wasn't a shadow of his old self....but who cares : it's another free excuse ! cheers

Henk Cry Baby Ten Cate wrote:

And then Sneijder was sold and Gabri got injured. My whole midfield was gone.”

Two players are your *whole* midfield ? Now who's been asleep at the job here ?

You got Suarez to replace Sneijder and he's been ace, so stop whining !

If one looks back to last season it was easy to see that while Sneijder scored goals for Ajax, he also unbalanced the team : Ajax's best matches were without Sneijder.

Oh and *everybody* knew Sneijder would be leaving Ajax, so why aren't you talking about your "replacements ready to fit in list" like you did in the summer ? Guess now that didn't work out, it's more easy to blame the board : brilliant !

Henk Holding a Grudge Ten Cate wrote:

But, there was Kenneth Perez. Who is not a bad player, as we see now at PSV.

"Perez is a great player. I never said he wasn’t, but he demanded a starting spot. That doesn’t work in top sport. You earn the spot, you don’t demand it.”

It isn't called "managing" for no reason Henk, you've actually got to do something to earn your money, you thick bastard !

Looking at the lack of creative players and the very likely departure of Supersmurf Sneijder, didn't you think it would be wise to suck it up for once, play nice and "manage" Perez into staying ?

Even when he wasn't happy last year, he almost contributed as much as Wonder Wesley to the team...

Henk Supermotivator and Mentor Ten Cate wrote:

Players like Stekelenburg and Huntelaar had trouble getting used to your way of motivating.

“Huntelaar has enormous qualities in the box. But, you’re not always in the box. I invested time in him, but he was too hardheaded at first, probably helped by his entourage. Until he saw how my approach made Babel and Sneijder better players. Then he changed. He is doing great now and he will become a huge striker.

Huh, wait....there's so many things wrong here, I have to make a list otherwise I'd forget something :

* Gert Jan Verbeek (a modest manager, maybe he could give you some tips Henk) always said he had just one task for Huntelaar : "Get in the box and stay there !". Somehow he got way more out of Huntelaar than you did, strange isn't it ?

* YOU made Sneijder and Babel better players ?! Of all the Ottos lies you're telling this one takes the cake ! ok Neither showed any improvement under you, but have blossomed under Foppe and their new managers, nice way of trying to take the credit ok

* Huntelaar is doing great now ?! Do you actually watch your own matches Henk ? Huntelaar is strugling, because you're budging up teamselections, tactics and are overloading him with rubbish tasks. The fact that the boy manages to keep on scoring *in spite* of all that, is proof of how big a talent he is...

Henk It wasn't my fault Cate wrote:
    “My reputation is being made on the basis of two failed European matches. I won’t go into that. I’ve proven I can be a good head coach.

Make that six (as in : one, two, three, four, five.....SIX) European matches Henk.

Last year you had two matches against Gotheborg to ensure a place in the CL. Result : god-awful ugly football and the Danes (on a Micky Mouse budget in comparison to you) kicked you out.

This year you had an easy chance to set things right : Slavia Praag, a team on a budget equal to what you pay on parking money all year. Thankful for this chance to set things right and show what a great motivator you are, you managed to motivate your team properly for this Show me the MONEY match : "I don't think this the most important match of the year for us"...

....yeah and it showed. You got chucked out by minnows once again, costing the club 15 million euros and strengthening main rivals PSV (whom you already had gifted Perez) with an extra 5 million in tv-rights.

So warned after these two disasters not to make light of foreign Davids to Ajax's Goliath, you managed to not even reach the groupstage in the EUFA cup, because Dinamo Zagreb (another team with a budget a fraction of Ajax's) managed to kick you out, whilst once more people became blind watching that anti-football you produced....

Brilliantly done Henk, but of course we can't judge you on these matches, you think that winning 8-1 against de Graafschap (Derby County or so) is your bread and butter Doh

Henk, it's been two awesome years Ale

I had high hopes when you arrived, I mean we did learn you the basics at Go Ahead Eagles of course, but you managed to disappoint me in *all* possible ways....and then some.

All I'd like to say now is you're a liar, a phoney and a sorry excuse for a Dutchman : glad to got rid of you and I offer my sincere apologies to all fans of Chelsea FC for the horrors you're bound to unleash on them Ale
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:26 pm

@ Axe

What about the Lindenbergh comment ?!

But hes right when he talks about the expectations at the club , unrealistic ones , but when it came down to man-managing he failed especially when it came to Huntelaar.

Hes bullshitting about 'giving youth a chance' , he was constantly showing van der Wiel the middle finger everytime he played that joke. The likes of van der Wiel , Sarpong , Goossens and even Siem de Jong were fooled by him.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:29 pm

Raifael wrote:@ Axe

What about the Lindenbergh comment ?!

But hes right when he talks about the expectations at the club , unrealistic ones , but when it came down to man-managing he failed especially when it came to Huntelaar.

He's also going for the pit sympathy vote there : Lindenbergh simply didn't work out for Ajax, he never even played a decent match for them....so big shocker they let him go, I bet every big club was banging on their doors to get him Doh
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:44 pm

Raifael wrote:Lindenbergh had to go because he was best buddies with Perez?

“I am not going to spend any words on that little cry-baby. Every word is one too many.”
    lol!
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:03 pm

Exit interview Henk ten Cate : Perez , difficulties at Ajax 305226
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover

Post by Since 1888 Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:19 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:
    Raifael wrote:Lindenbergh had to go because he was best buddies with Perez?

lol!

Bossed the midfield against Ajax last game. lol!
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:24 pm

Okay...one more time then:

Exit interview Henk ten Cate : Perez , difficulties at Ajax Tencat10

ok
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
    Supports : hairbands
    Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
    Registration date : 2006-09-27

Post by Lordanger Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:45 pm

so is this man a retard then?
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover

Post by Since 1888 Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:50 pm

ih8gerrard wrote:so is this man a retard then?

Naah, not really, the technical director is more to blame than him.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:59 pm

Raifael wrote:Yeah from what i have seen in the past 2 years he looks the part a very good player , and showing his class at PSV at the moment. Whats his role in the Danish team ?
    hard to say. he just got back from retirement and imo he is much better and more suited for morten olsens style of playing which is in fact just copying the dutch system so i dont get how someone like perez who has played well in holland and done well when he came on doesnt start. now he is back but i dont think he will start. unlike many of the other players he has a football brain and that is something Olsen is always talking about denmark missing.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:42 pm

@Fey...

henk won twice the super cup, he the play offs and he won the knvb cup... not that bad.... he also won percentual the most points with Ajax since Morten Olsen... not to mention the successes at all the other clubs...

Feyenoord won Niks Nakkes Nada since 1998...

the only huge mistake was his bad relationship with Kenneth Perez... The best player last season and now the best player at PSV!

so super madrid he is rated very high despite his mistake comment last year....
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:58 pm

Very interesting interview...not often someone speaks their mind and delivers such insights into what goes on behind the scenes.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:10 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:@Fey...

henk won twice the super cup, he the play offs and he won the knvb cup... not that bad.... he also won percentual the most points with Ajax since Morten Olsen... not to mention the successes at all the other clubs...

Feyenoord won Niks Nakkes Nada since 1998...

the only huge mistake was his bad relationship with Kenneth Perez... The best player last season and now the best player at PSV!

so super madrid he is rated very high despite his mistake comment last year....

Confounded Says I...First Dutch team to win a EC...last team to win a EC Ale

Besides, we win the league this year anyway Biggrin
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:12 pm

ok I forgot 2002... Still 5 years ago!
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:28 pm

kas wrote:Very interesting interview...not often someone speaks their mind and delivers such insights into what goes on behind the scenes.

Hes right to criticise the boards handling's over the past 2 years , they need to go.

Louis van Gaal now *wants* the Ajax job , he is even considering to work with Mr Jaakke.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:34 pm

What's the story between van Gaal and Jaakke?
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:46 pm

kas wrote:What's the story between van Gaal and Jaakke?

van Gaal has a good friendship with Jaakke , it was Jaakke that helped bring van Gaal back to Ajax in 2003 , and rumours that van Gaal will 'look into the possibility of working together again' has come in the last few days , only the Oranje job will van Gaal take over Ajax.

At the moment Jaakke and van Geel (technical director) are hate figures by the Ajax supporters , so if he can 'magically' bring van Gaal back (may seem unlikely) he may win some fans back. But if you ask me , the next permanent coach will be either van Basten or Co Adriaanse .. either wont be bad calls to win support (for the short term).
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:59 pm

AZ will never allow Van Gaal to go to Ajax!
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:02 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:AZ will never allow Van Gaal to go to Ajax!

I'm not saying he will but these rumours (just plain rumours) have surfaced , i doubt he will come back even if fans want it , he has nothing to prove at Ajax and personally i want him to have another crack at the Oranje job. But strange things have happened and if he personally wants to join , AZ cant hold him to ransom. I'm speaking hypothetically
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:05 pm

Mr Ajax is dying at this moment btw!! Doctors already amputated his toe!

Look at all the prices he won!

• Nederlands landskampioen: 1968, 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1990, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998
  • Nederlandse beker: 1970, 1971, 1972, 1979, 1987, 1993, 1998, 1999
  • Nederlandse Supercup/Johan Cruijff Schaal: 1993, 1994, 1995
  • Europa Cup I: 1971, 1972, 1973, 1995
  • Europa Cup II: 1987
  • UEFA Cup: 1992
  • Wereldbeker voor clubteams: 1972, 1995
    Europese Supercup: 1973, 1974, 1996
  • Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:17 pm

Fey !

The Doctor has said this :

Mr Ajax, Footballing Institution: a team barely alive
    Gentlemen we can rebuild him
    We have the technology
    We have the capability to make the worlds first bionic Football team
    Mr Ajax will be that team
    Better than he was before
    Better, Stronger, Faster
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:49 pm

Ten Cate will be in Football Insite tonight. Looking forward to more revelations in this & future interviews. 1 thing for sure Henk can't keep his mouth shut.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:50 pm

I hope he launches a scathing attack on van Geel , every Ajax fan will love Ten Cate for exposing the incompetent oaf.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:07 pm

Raifael wrote:I hope he launches a scathing attack on van Geel , every Ajax fan will love Ten Cate for exposing the incompetent oaf.
    Think that attack has already started with Ten Cate saying Van Geel lied when he said Ten Cate going to Chelsea was presented to him as a 'done deal'. According to Ten Cate, he specifically stated to Ajax that if they wanted to keep him to his contract, he would have stayed.

Anyway a half-decent journalist should be able to get a lot of bad things about van Geel & Jaake out of Henk.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:18 pm

Ten Cate is so funny..he really has the potential to become the new van Gaal!!

He reads everything, and cant handle any criticism!!
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm

I have missed the first hour, what has he said so far?
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:31 pm

It was so funny, he blames everyone, he has been really open so far. Even blames himself for not stopping the Clollin transfer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:12 pm