Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
Stiftung Haeschentest
Hardrada
Murray
Lusitan
Romford Pele
DS
A & K
Ricardo Jol
Fey
Machiavel
DD
Axeslammer
Effenberg
La Saeta Rubia
blutgraetsche
Sheffield gunner
lampiao007
Pierre Littbarski
Barrilete
Puro
The-Frank-Tavern
Mistletoe.
Isco Benny
Isar Truppe
Luso
TM
bluenine
Batman
32 posters

Group B - Inter, Bayern Munich, Sporting, Spartak Moscow

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Group B - Inter, Bayern Munich, Sporting, Spartak Moscow Empty Group B - Inter, Bayern Munich, Sporting, Spartak Moscow

Post by Batman Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:13 pm

UEFA Champions League Group B

Group B - Inter, Bayern Munich, Sporting, Spartak Moscow 50138 Inter Milan . . . Group B - Inter, Bayern Munich, Sporting, Spartak Moscow 50037 Bayern . . . Group B - Inter, Bayern Munich, Sporting, Spartak Moscow 50149 Sporting . . . Group B - Inter, Bayern Munich, Sporting, Spartak Moscow 50068 Spartak Moskva

Matches
    Sporting 1-0 Inter Milan - 12/09
    Bayern 4-0 Spartak Moskva - 12/09

Spartak Moskva vs Sporting - 27/09
    Inter Milan vs Bayern - 27/09

Inter Milan vs Spartak Moskva - 18/10
    Sporting vs Bayern - 18/10

Spartak Moskva vs Inter Milan - 31/10
    Bayern vs Sporting - 31/10

Inter Milan vs Sporting - 22/11
    Spartak Moskva vs Bayern - 22/11

Sporting vs Spartak Moskva - 05/12
    Bayern vs Inter Milan - 05/12

Table . . . . . . . . . . Pts
    Bayern . . . . . . . . . . 3
    Sporting . . . . . . . . . 3
    Inter Milan . . . . . . . 0
    Spartak Moskva . . . 0

Last edited by on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Group B - Inter, Bayern Munich, Sporting, Spartak Moscow Empty Re: Group B - Inter, Bayern Munich, Sporting, Spartak Moscow

Post by bluenine Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:34 pm

Its a tough group for Inter... I think its the toughest draw we could ve got.... people on this MB sometimes under estimate Bayern... frankly, I would ve prefered Chelsea, Bayern are more dangerous in Europe...

As for Sporting, I would hope for an Inter home win and an away draw at Lisbon.... but Sporting are capable of winning more than 1 point over Inter, and that worries me... a lot depends on how quickly Inter can reach peak stage, coz the first game at Lisbon is a must win/draw, and Inter will only have 1 competitive game under their belt by then....

Another worry is that Spartak are capable of taking points from all the teams, specially in Moscow.... so a lot will depend on how many points our teams win againt Spartak... infact, I think that will separate the teams which qualify and which don't... and thats very dangerous, coz Bayern are much more consistant than Inter are....

Inter need to wrap up qualification BEFORE the last game away to Bayern, coz it is very likely Bayern wouldn't ve wrapped their qualification by then (their 5th game is away at Moscow in freezing end Nov!!)... the game schedule plays in sporting's hands, as they need to be within a shot of qualification after 5 games, and then can put pressure on Inter/Bayern by going for the max at home against spartak in the final game!

Very very dangerous.
    doninha

Group B - Inter, Bayern Munich, Sporting, Spartak Moscow Empty Re: Group B - Inter, Bayern Munich, Sporting, Spartak Moscow

Post by doninha Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:45 pm

Well, hardly could be a worse draw for us, Sporting.

My first thoughts was about knowing if it was possible to reach UEFA cup. And for that we would need Inter and Bayern cooperation beating Spartak.

Now, even though I feel that Sporting hardly will get more than 4 points, I'm starting to feel its possible to at least leave a nice image of our football.

External View:

Inter - massive squad, preparing themselves for a season of glory... but the first game we can get 3 points. Its a matter of just being physically superior and the crowd support. We have enough talent to beat their defence... what it worries me is our own defence against so many fantastic players. No chance of not getting whiped up in Milan. Besides, Sporting football gets pretty bad against Italian teams;

Bayern - Sporting football gets pretty bad against... German teams also! And Bayern is the kind of Team with capital T. Usually... but now I think we have a chance of summing some points. 1 or 2, perhaps. Bayern is not that strong this year, and we get use of their (momentaneous, I'm sure) not so good moment. I think our counter-attack can surprise them both at home and away.

Spartak Mowscow - Sporting football gets pretty bad against... Russian teams. Its not very good to play in the winter in Moscow... but its not also very good to play them in early competition schedule... when they are at their peak of form, in the 20th fixture of the champioship. I think we can get 3 points from them.

So in order to have the slightest chance of qualifying we need: to beat Inter at home, in the first fixture and not let Bayern to take us many points, and have a positive overall over Spartak.

Internal View:

We have great talents. Like most of Europe doesn't even suspect. And a tough manager who is injecting competitiveness into the players. The problem is the lack of CL experience, which is critical, specially on the young talents.

On the other side, there are players very willing to prove themselves on a higher stage, who knows for jump into their careers - Polga, Caneira, Moutinho, Romagnoli, Carlos Martins, Nani, Liedson. They know good transfer opportunities come from these games, so we'll see them giving their top.

So, not big expectations. Won't be shocked if we only gather 2 points. But 8/9 wouldn't be shocking either.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:48 pm

TM's Predicition:

Inter
    Sporting
    Bayern
    Moscow.

Ale
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:35 pm

You are more confident of Inter than I am... I expect:

1. Bayern
    2. Inter
    3. Sporting
    4. Spartek

and all 4 will be very close to each other!

Target Man wrote:TM's Predicition:

Inter
    Sporting
    Bayern
    Moscow.

Ale
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:38 pm

It'll be a real battle for us to try and finish second. Realistically it's unlikely it will happen simply becasue of the experience of our oponents.

However, Sporting at home is a difficult team to beat and I think we can get some big wins there. Away from home, on all three occasions, there's no point in hidding the fact Sporting will be playing for the single point. Anything more will be great.

It all depends on how we start I think, a win against Inter and we could have a chance.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:51 pm

yeah, that first game is huge for both Sporting and Inter... I hope we can get a point off it!

Luso 'Sporting' wrote:It'll be a real battle for us to try and finish second. Realistically it's unlikely it will happen simply becasue of the experience of our oponents.

However, Sporting at home is a difficult team to beat and I think we can get some big wins there. Away from home, on all three occasions, there's no point in hidding the fact Sporting will be playing for the single point. Anything more will be great.

It all depends on how we start I think, a win against Inter and we could have a chance.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:37 am

I wonder what the bayern fans think of the draw...
    Isar Truppe
    Isar Truppe

Number of posts : 430
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by Isar Truppe Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:14 pm

Certainly no easy draw for us. These competitions tend to depend on current form going into the games. I wouldn't like to predict, but I feel better now that we have van Bommel in the midfield to bolster our squad and Deisler on the road to recovery.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:57 pm

You got a chilly away penultimate game in Nov, and then welcome Inter in the final game... so a lot depends on how comfortable are you in the first 4... for the sake of both our clubs!!

Isar Truppe wrote:Certainly no easy draw for us. These competitions tend to depend on current form going into the games. I wouldn't like to predict, but I feel better now that we have van Bommel in the midfield to bolster our squad and Deisler on the road to recovery.
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:17 am

bluenine wrote:so a lot depends on how comfortable are you in the first 4... for the sake of both our clubs!!

Hey, what is this blueline? You trying to get some kind of Inter/Bayern alliance??? Suspect
    Isar Truppe
    Isar Truppe

Number of posts : 430
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by Isar Truppe Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:56 am

There has always been an Inter-Bayern alliance since the days of Brehme, Matthaus and Kalle.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:09 am

Isar Truppe wrote:There has always been an Inter-Bayern alliance since the days of Brehme, Matthaus and Kalle.

German-Italian alliance also goes even further back then that.

Come on Sporting and Spartak - its always nice to see some shocks in the CL, this group COULD spring a suprise or 2...
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:43 pm

haha

But I have to agree, it will be good for us if Bayern will all their other games...last thing we want is to make this a 3-4 horse race, coz the final game is bayern-Inter, and if the other teams are within shooting distance by then (specially Sporting), that would mean one of these two teams goes out... I wouldn't have minded so much if the last game was in San Siro... but beating Bayern in Munich is not something I want Inter to need on the last day!!! We must secure qualification beofre that!!!

Luso 'Sporting' wrote:
    bluenine wrote:so a lot depends on how comfortable are you in the first 4... for the sake of both our clubs!!

Hey, what is this blueline? You trying to get some kind of Inter/Bayern alliance??? Suspect
    doninha

Post by doninha Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:08 pm

Yesterday Sporting won a very difficult game away, in Madeira island, against Nacional. I wasn't expecting it...

The bad news are: 4 (3 of them key) midfield players injured.

Custódio (DMC -> the captain)
    Paredes (DMC -> the most experienced one)
    Carlos Martins (AMC/R -> the most exciting one!)
    Farnerud (MC -> the backup)

Sporting played with the midfield like this against Nacional:

Veloso

Moutinho Nani
    Romagnoli

Miguel Veloso (youngster DC, playing in anchor position)

Nani - wasn't supposed to be in starting eleven... but is in great form. Scored a screamer!!!!

Moutinho - our veteran 20 years old player!!!

Romagnoli - can't play more than 60 minutes... but has the talent to be assured he'll play good.

.................................. bad luck, STOP!
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:08 am

It's a real shame we'll be missing Carlos Martisn. He would be so excited before this match, he'd go in full steam as always. He brings a lot of talent to our midfield too.

I was hoping he'd be fit for Inter, but looks like he'll even miss the next Liga match.
    Mistletoe.

Number of posts : 758
    Supports : Benfica.........likes Millwall e U.A.Povoense
    Registration date : 2006-09-08

Post by Mistletoe. Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:02 am

It's a difficult start for Sporting, in a very difficult group. they need to play at their best for 90+ minutes to get the result from this game. But, it's not impossible, so, as with more than 1 time this season, it's to say and wish only good luck for Sporting, and hope they enter the C/L with the right foot.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:05 am

i think Sporting may just sneak through in this group, i really believe Bayern are beatable
    doninha

Post by doninha Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:28 am

mmmmmm... but we aren't at 100%. Too many injuries....

but ok, the underdog can do it.
    doninha

Post by doninha Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:01 am

ITS TODAY!!!!

I AM DEEEEADDDD NERVOUS!!!!!!!!

WHY DO WE MISS SO MANY MIDFIELDERS?!?!?

@Bluenine: please slip just today!!!! Then you can win all the other games!!!! We need 3 points!!!
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:50 pm

Dude, we can't afford to slip!!! We need at least a point from this one, if you offer a point now, I will take it!!!

Adriano better be in form, if Mancio is starting him ahead of Crespo... personally I would ve prefered Crespo to start this one... or even Cruz over Adriano... we need a finisher in the box... of course, all this won't matter if Adriano is in good nick...

No Cambiasso worries me. Don't trust Vieira or Dacourt.

I am quite nervous myself, yet there is this "inner confidence" about inter this season, never felt that in 16 years!!

doninha wrote:ITS TODAY!!!!

I AM DEEEEADDDD NERVOUS!!!!!!!!

WHY DO WE MISS SO MANY MIDFIELDERS?!?!?

@Bluenine: please slip just today!!!! Then you can win all the other games!!!! We need 3 points!!!
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:41 pm

Yo Doninha! Tough group for Sporting man. Inter are too strong, and so are Bayern. But Sporting do have a fighting chance. <Ale>
    doninha

Post by doninha Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:08 pm

Well, either unexperience will kill us, or young rebel talent will make us dream!!!!
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:37 pm

Maybe more than a fighting chance.... specially if sporting can still be in with a chance on matchday 6....

Puro wrote:Yo Doninha! Tough group for Sporting man. Inter are too strong, and so are Bayern. But Sporting do have a fighting chance. <Ale>
    doninha

Post by doninha Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:55 pm

I'm bloody late to go to the stadium, still have to wait for a f____ng phone call.............

So, I have the time for the line-up!!!

Sporting:
    Ricardo; Abel, Tonel, Polga e Caneira; Veloso; Nani, Romagnoli e João Moutinho; Djaló e Liedson.

Inter:
    Toldo; Maicon, Córdoba, Samuel e Grosso; Figo, Vieira, Dacourt e Stankovic; Adriano e Ibrahimovic

------------------

SURPRISE IN SPORTING!!! Paulo Bento puts youngster YANNICK DJALÓ ahead of Bueno and Alecsandro (much more experienced players)!!

And, following our 4 injuries in the midfield, we were all expecting him to use Tello or João Alves for the extra-experience... and instead... he goes for adapting youngster CD Miguel Veloso to anchor man!!!!

11 players
    1 Argie
    2 Brazillian
    8 Portuguese
    5 "home-made" talent from our academy
    4 players U21!
    doninha

Post by doninha Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:59 pm

mmmmmmmmm... its too early to launch both Veloso and Djaló. The first one is not even playing in his natural position. The second one lacks physicall strenght, even though he has supersonic speed. 2 lightweights upfront for Samuel and Cordoba... perhaps our plan is to sneak between their legs and run like the wind..........

I'm too nervous..............

And I won't find a parking space......
    Mistletoe.

Number of posts : 758
    Supports : Benfica.........likes Millwall e U.A.Povoense
    Registration date : 2006-09-08

Post by Mistletoe. Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:07 pm

doninha wrote:Well, either unexperience will kill us, or young rebel talent will make us dream!!!!

I think you are so right with this view. C/L are the biggest club game, and for Sporting tonight so much depends on how the younsters adapt. Will Nani & Moutinho play without fear, or are they going to be too nervous? In the recent internationals I thought that Nani played without fear, but Moutinho lacked the bravery that youngsters need in big games.
    Soon it's time to settle in front of RTP with a cold beer, and wish good luck to Sporting.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:18 pm

who is playing for Cambiasso(I hear he's got a month out of the fields)? I'd really hate to see Inter and Cuchu's season spoiled by injuries so let's hope this doesn't happen much. I really believe Inter will show some real good football this season, the only thing that worries me is their defence, Mancio haven't figured that out yet...Figo might not be that fast anymore but he definitely is worth having in center midfield IMO where he runs less but can equally create...Hope to seeing him there

I guess Adriano isn't playing well lately but Cruz?(although I have to say that he always seemed to do well for Inter)Thought he was injured too...
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:03 pm

Dacourt is playing for Cambiasso - thats a HUGE loss.

Leidson is playing awesome, very dangerous.... already a penalty appeal for a hand ball by samuel (unintentional, rightly not given IMO).

Good attacking game by both sides so far...

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:who is playing for Cambiasso(I hear he's got a month out of the fields)? I'd really hate to see Inter and Cuchu's season spoiled by injuries so let's hope this doesn't happen much. I really believe Inter will show some real good football this season, the only thing that worries me is their defence, Mancio haven't figured that out yet...Figo might not be that fast anymore but he definitely is worth having in center midfield IMO where he runs less but can equally create...Hope to seeing him there

I guess Adriano isn't playing well lately but Cruz?(although I have to say that he always seemed to do well for Inter)Thought he was injured too...
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:12 pm

Adriano looking as sloppy as ever Sad

Caneira could ve got 2 yellow cards by now. lucky guy.

We really miss cambiasso, and even the presense of el capitano Zanetti!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:16 pm