Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Verbeek to leave Heerenveen at the end of this season

Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Verbeek to leave Heerenveen at the end of this season Empty Verbeek to leave Heerenveen at the end of this season

Post by Axeslammer Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:50 pm

Still a shocking decision, a match made in heaven will not continue :

SC Heerenveen neemt afscheid van Verbeek
    18/12/2007 13:15

SC Heerenveen gaat op zoek naar een nieuwe trainer. Gertjan Verbeek moet over een half jaar afscheid nemen.

Toen Verbeek (45) uitsprak 'niet de volgende Foppe te willen zijn', leek een einde aan de samenwerking in zicht. De 45-jarige trainer wilde niet als zijn voorganger De Haan zijn complete trainerscarrière verkleven blijven met Heerenveen.

Verbeek, die sinds 2004 hoofdtrainer is in Friesland, haastte zich alle speculaties over een aanstaand vertrek de kop in te drukken. Hij was met Heerenveen in gesprek zijn aflopende contract te verlengen.

Maar die onderhandelingen hebben niet geleid tot een nieuwe verbintenis. 'We zijn zeker niet ontevreden over Verbeek, maar zoeken nieuwe impulsen', gaf directeur Yme Kuiper uitleg. 'Vier jaar is in het eredivisielandschap een lange periode.'

De beslissing is wél verrassend, omdat de Friese ploeg goed bezig is. Na een ietwat stroef begin - met de uitschakeling in de UEFA Cup als dieptepunt - heeft Heerenveen de weg omhoog gevonden. Dankzij de fraaie 5-1 uitzege op NAC Breda staan de Friezen vierde.

What will this mean ?

Jan de Jonge => Heerenveen

Van Basten => Ajax

Van Marwijk => Oranje

Verbeek (without Bengtson) => Feyenoord

Toon h => Graafschap

something like this ?
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Verbeek to leave Heerenveen at the end of this season Empty Re: Verbeek to leave Heerenveen at the end of this season

Post by SuperMario Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:02 pm

Was amazed when I heard this (were already serious rumours this was about to happen) about a week ago. Doesn't make sense to me.

First 2 => probably

remainder (very) unlikely

Last edited by on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Verbeek to leave Heerenveen at the end of this season Empty Re: Verbeek to leave Heerenveen at the end of this season

Post by Black Magic Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:03 pm

There are two Verbeek's!?

I thought you were talking about Pim Verbeek, the South Korea coach. (I think he left South Korea)
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:05 pm

Black Magic wrote:There are two Verbeek's!?

I thought you were talking about Pim Verbeek, the South Korea coach. (I think he left South Korea)
    Gert Jan Verbeek is the Heerenveen manager (played for them too). Pim Verbeek originally comes from Sparta Rotterdam & was Feyenoord manager during our worst period in history.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:07 pm

2008: De Guzman's year wrote:

Gert Jan Verbeek is the Heerneveen manager (played for them too). Pim Verbeek originally comes from Sparta Rotterdam & was Feyenoord manager during our worst period in history.

Just checked him out, he's now the Australia coach. Laugh

From Hiddink to Verbeek. Do the Australians know what they have gotten themselves into?
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:11 pm

Black Magic wrote:

Gert Jan Verbeek is the Heerneveen manager (played for them too). Pim Verbeek originally comes from Sparta Rotterdam & was Feyenoord manager during our worst period in history.

From Hiddink to Verbeek. Do the Australians know what they have gotten themselves into?
    The head of football of the OZ FA is a Dutchman, Rob Baan. Risky pick by him, neither Verbeek or his assistant The Dude (former Feyenoorder Henk Duut) are radiant personalities. Tactically sound though, will make OZ play like they did under Hiddink. Maybe Baan thinks OZ's players can motivate themselves & only need tactical guidance.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:13 pm

2008: De Guzman's year wrote: Pim Verbeek originally comes from Sparta Rotterdam & was Feyenoord manager during our worst period in history.

He was also *our* manager during our worst period....coincidence ?

I think not.

Poor ozzies Sad
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:19 pm

Black Magic wrote:

The head of football of the OZ FA is a Dutchman, Rob Baan. Risky pick by him, neither Verbeek or his assistant The Dude (former Feyenoorder Henk Duut) are radiant personalities. Tactically sound though, will make OZ play like they did under Hiddink. Maybe Baan thinks OZ's players can motivate themselves & only need tactical guidance.

I went to Australia's game against Nigeria at Craven Cottage a little while ago and they were fantastic. (Rob Baan was the care taker) They played a very good passing game. I might even go as far to say that some of their players were technically superior compared to the English lads. <Ale>

I think tactical guidance is all that they require, so if he's astute in that area then I can see Australia getting into the WC and doing very well.

(how the hell do you know who the head of their FA is!?)
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:20 pm

Angelslammer wrote:
    2008: De Guzman's year wrote: Pim Verbeek originally comes from Sparta Rotterdam & was Feyenoord manager during our worst period in history.

He was also *our* manager during our worst period....coincidence ?

I think not.

Poor ozzies Sad
    Thought your wrost period was during the late 70s. Can't remember that much about verbeek @ Groningen. His not performing at Feyenoord can partly be blamed on the squad he had available (was the worst in Feyenoord's history too). Never the less I do NOT rate him.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:25 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

I went to Australia's game against Nigeria at Craven Cottage a little while ago and they were fantastic. (Rob Baan was the care taker) They played a very good passing game. I might even go as far to say that some of their players were technically superior compared to the English lads. <Ale>

I think tactical guidance is all that they require, so if he's astute in that area then I can see Australia getting into the WC and doing very well.

In Dutch footy magazines we regularly get informed how Dutchies abroad are doing. Rob Baan has worked with lots of Dutch clubs,. Furthermore 1 of my best mates work as a manager/trainer, he's subscribed to the magazine for footy managers, which I read when I $h!t on his toilet Wink The had a few articles on Aussie football focussing on change management.

Gives great in sight in mangement, for Dutchies check it out in shop some issues are really good.

http://www.devoetbaltrainer.nl/
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:29 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

In Dutch footy magazines we regularly get informed how Dutchies abroad are doing. Rob Baan has worked with lots of Dutch clubs,. Furthermore 1 of my best mates work as a manager/trainer, he's subscribed to the magazine for footy managers, which I read when I $h!t on his toilet Wink The had a few articles on Aussie football focussing on change management.

Gives great in sight in mangement, for Dutchies check it out in shop some issues are really good.

http://www.devoetbaltrainer.nl/

Naaaaah, I'll stick to my regular 4-4-2 thank you very much. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:41 am