Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
robert
Machiavel
Cricky
Isar Truppe
Deluded F*ck™
Calidad
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Blue9
Red n' Black
Deano
L r d hAsta LueGo
debaser
Kimbo
Parks lives
Tweesus
Isco Benny
Kroos
Black Magic
22 posters

The World Champions or the World No.1 team?

Poll

The World Champions or the World No.1 team?

[ 13 ]
    The World Champions or the World No.1 team? - Page 3 Bar_left59%The World Champions or the World No.1 team? - Page 3 Bar_right [59%] 
    [ 9 ]
    The World Champions or the World No.1 team? - Page 3 Bar_left41%The World Champions or the World No.1 team? - Page 3 Bar_right [41%] 

Total Votes: 22
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The World Champions or the World No.1 team? - Page 3 Empty Re: The World Champions or the World No.1 team?

Post by Super Progress Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:24 pm

Its not the fact that Argentina choke that is their problem. they are way overrated. in the Copa America everyone went on and on about them but i did not see what the fuss was about. they dont have a team but some players that are really good and that was all fine untill they met a quality side. Argentina has no concept and there doesnt seem to be much cohersion in the team. that doesnt mean they cant win alot of games which they have shown but that they will really need their big players to show something in the big games because they have little to fall back on if they dont.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

The World Champions or the World No.1 team? - Page 3 Empty Re: The World Champions or the World No.1 team?

Post by Machiavel Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:26 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:
    johan il quattordici wrote:Iniesta > Ballack , I'm sorry.

in your dreams

In my reality, time moves on.
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:36 pm

supermadrid wrote:Its not the fact that Argentina choke that is their problem. they are way overrated. in the Copa America everyone went on and on about them but i did not see what the fuss was about. they dont have a team but some players that are really good and that was all fine untill they met a quality side. Argentina has no concept and there doesnt seem to be much cohersion in the team. that doesnt mean they cant win alot of games which they have shown but that they will really need their big players to show something in the big games because they have little to fall back on if they dont.

They aren't overrated purely on an individual point of view. As good a team individually as any out there.

Also their cohesion is magnificent. They have the best passing team in the world, you can't have that without cohesion.

Their biggest problems are choking and lack of dimension. When one tactic fails they go into deer in headlights mode.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:42 pm

robert wrote:
    supermadrid wrote:Its not the fact that Argentina choke that is their problem. they are way overrated. in the Copa America everyone went on and on about them but i did not see what the fuss was about. they dont have a team but some players that are really good and that was all fine untill they met a quality side. Argentina has no concept and there doesnt seem to be much cohersion in the team. that doesnt mean they cant win alot of games which they have shown but that they will really need their big players to show something in the big games because they have little to fall back on if they dont.

They aren't overrated purely on an individual point of view. As good a team individually as any out there.

Also their cohesion is magnificent. They have the best passing team in the world, you can't have that without cohesion.

Their biggest problems are choking and lack of dimension. When one tactic fails they go into deer in headlights mode.

I agree, overratedness hardly comes to affect in this case. When you look at South American sides and Africans sides you immediately think they have a lack of tactical stability. In the case of the Argies, its the opposite, over relying on a set decision, no tactical flexibility at all. freakishly intelligent players like Cambiasso and Lucho are beginning to change that, but thats not enough, it has to start with the coach. <Ale>

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:29 pm

Italy would beat Argentina because Italy are the best side in the world at the moment. That's not saying much because international football is not really spectacular currently.

I still maintain that Spain are not as good as Germany in terms of talent. Over-hyped and wet behind the ears, the Spanish always choke. A talented team shows its talents. Germany have. Spain have not.
    Protheus
    Protheus

Number of posts : 1816
    Supports : Futebol Clube do Porto

Post by Protheus Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:31 pm

Number one TEAM

No question about it, Italy.
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:05 pm

Black Magic wrote:If the Argies played against Germany right now on Neutral ground, the Germans would get an arse kicking. <Ale>

Talent wise Spain, France, Holland, Italy, Argentinian > Germany
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:54 pm

talent wise

austria, switzerland, greece, turkey > england

because they are all at the tournament Wink
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:08 pm

robert wrote:

Im not talking about player for player. im saying that the reason that they have not been exposed is exactly because they have good players. i just dont think they are a great passing side. riquelme is good player and he makes some great passes but i dont think they do great team moves often. at least not under Basile. their best game in the Copa was when they rested their stars in the third game in the group stage.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:55 am

supermadrid wrote:Its not the fact that Argentina choke that is their problem. they are way overrated. in the Copa America everyone went on and on about them but i did not see what the fuss was about. they dont have a team but some players that are really good and that was all fine untill they met a quality side

ok

Quoted for truth.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:12 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:talent wise

In terms of sense:

A dog, A Goldfish, An Urchin>You.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:23 pm

?? Austria and Switzerland qualified as hosts;

you are probably the most basic individual I have ever come across in my relatively short time upon this Earth. I doubt you even went to school <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:29 pm

Don Fabio wrote:

?? Austria and Switzerland qualified as hosts;
    lol! lol! lol!

You couldn't make this stuff up(!!)
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:27 am

supermadrid wrote:
    robert wrote:

Im not talking about player for player. im saying that the reason that they have not been exposed is exactly because they have good players. i just dont think they are a great passing side. riquelme is good player and he makes some great passes but i dont think they do great team moves often. at least not under Basile. their best game in the Copa was when they rested their stars in the third game in the group stage.

They certainly made better moves than Brazil at every facet until the final. Did Brazil play better teams than them en route to the final? No.

Also their passing was not just about Riquelme, they had Veron pulling the strings from deep and every knows what an astute passer he is from deep. When you add all these together for me the only answer that comes up to explain their failings is that they choke and are 1 dimensional, when their passing game is choked they have nothing else in their locker, they won't even try route 1 football that they might have tried with Batigol.

I mean you can argue that because they have no ability to adopt inherently makes them not as good as we think they are and you would have a fair point but for me I think that like New Zealand Rugby, clearly among the best talented players in the world who play in various tactical formations for their respective clubs so in theory there should be know reason for them to lose the way they do.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:15 pm

robert wrote:
    supermadrid wrote:
    robert wrote:

They certainly made better moves than Brazil at every facet until the final. Did Brazil play better teams than them en route to the final? No.

Also their passing was not just about Riquelme, they had Veron pulling the strings from deep and every knows what an astute passer he is from deep. When you add all these together for me the only answer that comes up to explain their failings is that they choke and are 1 dimensional, when their passing game is choked they have nothing else in their locker, they won't even try route 1 football that they might have tried with Batigol.

I mean you can argue that because they have no ability to adopt inherently makes them not as good as we think they are and you would have a fair point but for me I think that like New Zealand Rugby, clearly among the best talented players in the world who play in various tactical formations for their respective clubs so in theory there should be know reason for them to lose the way they do.
    Im not saying that brazil were a good team in that tournament at all. they were Cr@p and the only reason the won was because argentina werent a great team and played into their hand. and they did have good passing players in veron and riquelme but there was no balance and flow in their game. often they would score the first goal through one of their individuels and then they would have alot of space to work on. there was no balance in their team and basile had just picked the players he thought was best just like SGE did. difference was that they had some players that could decide a game and combine with another world class player but there wasnt alot of team player over it.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:54 pm

Argentina's probably is that they're current crop of FB's aren't effective attackers. I remember reading in one of Vickery's columns that Peckerman identified this as Agentina's biggest problem - and Brasil's history of producing such FB's - was his biggest evny. If they possessed a Cafu, Maicon, Carlos type character, they'd be perfect balance in their side.

Unlike Brasil they have abundance of classy DM's/CM's - who whilst talented, all lack pace. Up front they perhaps lack a traditional no. 9, but I don't think that's a huge problem for them. One notable casualty in their formation is Cambiasso, who for some reason is unable to replicate his Inter form for the national side.

Btw, what's happened to sheva and cosmico? I never see them post anymore.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:09 am

Calidad wrote:Argentina's probably is that they're current crop of FB's aren't effective attackers. I remember reading in one of Vickery's columns that Peckerman identified this as Agentina's biggest problem - and Brasil's history of producing such FB's - was his biggest evny. If they possessed a Cafu, Maicon, Carlos type character, they'd be perfect balance in their side.

Unlike Brasil they have abundance of classy DM's/CM's - who whilst talented, all lack pace. Up front they perhaps lack a traditional no. 9, but I don't think that's a huge problem for them. One notable casualty in their formation is Cambiasso, who for some reason is unable to replicate his Inter form for the national side.

Btw, what's happened to sheva and cosmico? I never see them post anymore.
    I agree i think the team clearly needs balance. in order to have veron and riquelme on a team they need someone on the flanks and they have to be good. allthough i dont know whether or not there is any up and coming FBs right now in argentinian football. also agree on cambiasso and it is a shame they cant get the best out of him. allthough i credit that more to Basile then him because he doesnt seem to have an assigned role in the team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:52 pm