Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Apertura 2006 gameweek 4

Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Apertura 2006 gameweek 4 Empty Apertura 2006 gameweek 4

Post by Barrilete Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:15 pm

Apertura 2006 Argentina gameweek 4 summary

The fourth week passed by and few things weremade even more clear.

Boca is the best team in the tournament and there's no team that can give a decent fight for the title if the "Xeneizes"(for those who don't know, Boca fans are called Xeneizes that comes from the word Zeneize that stands for the genoese in their dialect) keep up with this form.
    Boca won outside their field against the only team that has a positive record against the current champion since short tournaments started, with a categorical 7-1 displaying Gago, and Palacio as the main men. We shall have to see how they deal with Basile leaving the club for the national squad, and how the dressingroom accepts, former Mexico's coach at the 2006 WC, Ricardo La Volpe's after september 15.

As for River, the few results they are getting are about to get even less frecuent since apparently the club has decided to sell everything(figurative speech), from the stadiums name to its best players and their promising starts from the youth teams, to deal with their financial crisis(no one knows how having selled players for more than 250 million dollars in the last decade, and with a devaluated economy for the past 5 years reigning in the country, they still can't get out of the red numbers...well everybody knows how they just can't prove it).

Independiente, are looking forward to have a good campaing with former River Plate player(they took the trouble to recover his form and then they sold him...I'm pretty sure that River's president is a Boca fan, otherwise...)Montenegro leading them.

Estudiantes de La Plata with Simeone leading the team from the bench and Veron from inside the field, are definitely the ones who are showing the best football after Boca. Despite the superb job that is being made in the midfield, their lack of decent strikers is what's going to take them down IMO.

Results

Lanús 1 - 2 Rosario Central
    1° H: 24' Ruben, M. (RC)
    2° H: 44' Graf, C. (Lan) · 52' Borzani, L. (RC)

Vélez Sarsfield 0 - 0 Arsenal de Sarandí

Godoy Cruz 0 - 0 Gimnasia Jujuy

N. Chicago 2 - 1 Quilmes
    1° H: 41' Mattiuzzo, H. (nch)
    2° H: 13' Donda, M. (nch) · 46' Giménez, P. (QUI)

Newell's Old Boys 0 - 0 Racing

Estudiantes de La Plata 1 - 2 Belgrano
    1° H: 33' Verón, J. (Est)
    2° H: 20' Frangipane, P. (bel) · 46' Serrizuela, J. (bel)

Independiente 2 - 1 Banfield
    1° H: 8' Montenegro, D. (Ind) · 12' Silva, H. (Ban)
    2° H: 15' Montenegro, D. (Ind)

Gimnasia La Plata 3 - 2 Colón
    1° H: 37' Enría, C. (Col)
    2° H: 7' Guglielminpietro, A. (Gim) · 10' Leguizamón, L. (Gim) · 18' Leguizamón, L. (Gim) · 45' Enría, C. (Col)

San Lorenzo 1 - 7 Boca
    1° H: 22' Palacio, R. (Boc) · 26' Palermo, M. (Boc) · 31' Palermo, M. (Boc)
    2° H: 3' Palacio, R. (Boc) · 8' Cardozo, N. (Boc) · 17' Hirsig, S. (SanLo) · 41' Franzoia, J. (Boc) · 42' Palermo, M. (Boc)

River Plate 2 - 0 Argentinos
    2°H: 8' Higuaín, G. (Riv) · 25' Higuaín, G. (Riv)

Every goal of this week(takes a couple of minutes to load, but it's good quality)

The positions table as it stands

Apertura 2006 gameweek 4 Tablagy0

PS: I got a 100/100 in my final exam of Chemistry I at Uni, so I'm off to go celebrate, and I'll doubt I'll post for quite some time...at least not sober
    L r d

Apertura 2006 gameweek 4 Empty Re: Apertura 2006 gameweek 4

Post by L r d Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:18 pm

Well done mate, enjoy yourself. Nice to see Higuan continuing to score... maybe next summer we can get him Cool
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:57 pm

Congratulations!!! I thanks for the update!!
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Barrilete Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:05 pm

Thanks. I hope I'll get more time to post now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:57 pm