Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Fergie awarded LMA manager of the season

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Fergie awarded LMA manager of the season Empty Fergie awarded LMA manager of the season

Post by Parks lives Tue May 13, 2008 12:21 pm

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BC7DF7CEC%2D3BC3%2D4859%2DA3FD%2DFE4AAD215DD8%7D&newsid=3640288

Sir Alex Ferguson's tenth Premier League title has been recognised by the League Managers' Association, who have voted him Manager of the Year.

The Scot scooped the top award from his peers for the second time at Monday evening's awards ceremony in Nottingham, having previously won it in 1999.

"I'm very proud to receive it," said a beaming Sir Alex.

"It is a tremendous honour that my fellow managers should deem me worthy of this award."

Having cemented United's position at the top of the pile in England, Sir Alex is now confident that his bubbling players can rule Europe by overcoming Chelsea in next week's Champions League final.

"The mood generated by the win puts us in a very confident position," he said.

"I expect my players to have the ability and confidence to play on the biggest stage in the world; of that I have absolutely no doubt."
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Fergie awarded LMA manager of the season Empty Re: Fergie awarded LMA manager of the season

Post by Roger Hunt Tue May 13, 2008 12:22 pm

Can be argued with really can it.

Tough on Grant, though, who in his debut season took the title race to the wire and got to the CL final.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Fergie awarded LMA manager of the season Empty Re: Fergie awarded LMA manager of the season

Post by lrdsucksgoats Tue May 13, 2008 12:30 pm

Roger Hunt wrote:Can be argued with really can it.

Tough on Grant, though, who in his debut season took the title race to the wire and got to the CL final.

Hodgeson? Moyes? Redknapp?

All have achieved great things at their clubs this season. Not disputing that Grant's done a lot better than many people predicted (including me), but there are others who I think are worth a shout too.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Tue May 13, 2008 12:32 pm

Fergie is a the obvious candidate.

But it would have been nice if it went to Redknapp, getting Pompey to the FA Cup final, and making Pompey a solid top half team.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Tue May 13, 2008 12:33 pm

Moyes? Don't make me laugh.

Hodgson can't reallly be in for manager of the season given his late start. Redknapp is a decent shout.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue May 13, 2008 12:35 pm

it seems to me given that this is supposedly only his 2nd win that this takes into account lower divisions too. EPL winners invariably get the divisional award, i can only remember Burley winning it one year who wasn't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:57 am