Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Super Progress
Dick Grayson
6 posters

The first 5 RM CL trophies don't REALLY count!

Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

The first 5 RM CL trophies don't REALLY count! Empty The first 5 RM CL trophies don't REALLY count!

Post by Dick Grayson Tue May 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Sirs,

I asketh ye, really how strong was t'comp in its infancy? Not much, i dare ask how many clubs even participated!

I have to admit i ave lost some respect for t'RM acheivement! Take thos 5 out and they have won LESS tham L'pool, Milan and are only 2 trophies ahead of Man Utd!
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The first 5 RM CL trophies don't REALLY count! Empty Re: The first 5 RM CL trophies don't REALLY count!

Post by Super Progress Tue May 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Dick Grayson wrote:Sirs,

I asketh ye, really how strong was t'comp in its infancy? Not much, i dare ask how many clubs even participated!

I have to admit i ave lost some respect for t'RM acheivement! Take thos 5 out and they have won LESS tham L'pool, Milan and are only 2 trophies ahead of Man Utd!
    Does Brazils world cup matter? How about Italys? And Englands? or any trophy won before 1970?
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

The first 5 RM CL trophies don't REALLY count! Empty Re: The first 5 RM CL trophies don't REALLY count!

Post by Dick Grayson Tue May 20, 2008 8:17 pm

Super Madrid wrote:

Does Brazils world cup matter? How about Italys? And Englands? or any trophy won before 1970?

No need to get upset old darling....twas merely saying that those 5 early cups are meaningless and have VERY little credibilty!
    Tis all. Tis fact.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Tue May 20, 2008 8:21 pm

Dick Grayson wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:

No need to get upset old darling....twas merely saying that those 5 early cups are meaningless and have VERY little credibilty!
    Tis all. Tis fact.
    Not mad because i have heard it before. but do anything pre 1970 count then? what if someone told 50 years from now that football around 1990's didnt matter and Man utds Triple didnt mean much?
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Tue May 20, 2008 8:37 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    Dick Grayson wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:

Tis all. Tis fact.
    Not mad because i have heard it before. but do anything pre 1970 count then? what if someone told 50 years from now that football around 1990's didnt matter and Man utds Triple didnt mean much?

i am NOT sayig that comps pre a certain date dont count - just that this com p in its INFANCY would NOT have been as INTENSE or credible as it may have been 10 years on after being firmly established!
    Tis all.
    So eefectively those 5 trophies dount count for $h!t!!!
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Tue May 20, 2008 8:43 pm

Manchester United played in the early days so surely that is enough to validate the tournament. Ale
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Tue May 20, 2008 8:44 pm

And even if you want to subtract them we still have more than Man Utd! cheers
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Tue May 20, 2008 8:44 pm

UEFA should nulify the trophies pre 1960!
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Tue May 20, 2008 8:45 pm

But where do we draw the line Dick? The first 5 years or the first 10 years? And What about the world cup and euros?
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Tue May 20, 2008 8:48 pm

Firsy 5 years seems a fair period. They have little credibilty really! Only trophy/wins in name, nay deed.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Tue May 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Dick Grayson wrote:Firsy 5 years seems a fair period. They have little credibilty really! Only trophy/wins in name, nay deed.
    But can you argue why it should be 5 years and not 10 years?
    If the Busby side didnt lose to Real and went on to win would you not have counted it?
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Tue May 20, 2008 8:54 pm

Dick Grayson wrote:Firsy 5 years seems a fair period. They have little credibilty really! Only trophy/wins in name, nay deed.

Nah, I think we should only count the CL post-1999. Ale
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Tue May 20, 2008 8:56 pm

For only 1 team to win t'first 5 trophies of a NEW comp clearly shows that it was in early development phase and if it was TRULY competitive then others would have won it too!

and not RM were not that good, that they won it.

shame. no credibilty.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Tue May 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Dick Grayson wrote:For only 1 team to win t'first 5 trophies of a NEW comp clearly shows that it was in early development phase and if it was TRULY competitive then others would have won it too!

shame. no credibilty.

Hmmm....you're right. The same goes for the Premier League. Man U won four of the first five Premier League titles. Clearly not a competitive tournament. Strike them from the record! Ale
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Tue May 20, 2008 9:02 pm

Jaime wrote:
    Dick Grayson wrote:For only 1 team to win t'first 5 trophies of a NEW comp clearly shows that it was in early development phase and if it was TRULY competitive then others would have won it too!

shame. no credibilty.

Hmmm....you're right. The same goes for the Premier League. Man U won four of the first five Premier League titles. Clearly not a competitive tournament. Strike them from the record! Ale
    ok
    Ajax and Bayern also had spells where they won more then one so those shouldnt count either.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed May 21, 2008 10:27 am

Strike all their achievements with Di Stefano...he was our player, says I.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Wed May 21, 2008 10:28 am

Very silly thread, Dick. I am in 2 minds, is this just a wind up for fun, or are you actually serious??

IMO, every event of each competition is a as credible as the other. The competitive forces will change with time, they always do. The prestige of the championship will also change with time. But a trophy is a trophy.

The Real team which won the first 5 championships was one of the greatest sides ever built. It had some great legends of the game playing together - the first team with real galacticos, a system which Real tried to copy in early 2000s without the same results. Di Stefano, Puskas, Kopa, Gento, Rial.... its the stuff of legends, mate.

Whatever the circumstances, I think each EC/CL win is worth as much as the other. They are equally credible.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Wed May 21, 2008 5:22 pm

I have no problem with counting the real madrid trophies.
    What i really dont like that much, are the world cup trophies before the war. 1930-1938...

I think some teams couldnt even go to the first world cup in south america, cause flight was too expensive for them (think it was yugoslavia). Also, there were some really biased referees. Wasnt there a video of a referee playing the ball active with his head to help one team?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:21 pm