Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Fey
Puro
Ricardo Jol
Juligen
The-Frank-Tavern
L.r.d
S4P
11 posters

Beckham does it again

S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Beckham does it again Empty Beckham does it again

Post by S4P Mon May 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Another goal from inside his own half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-J0B9voPkE
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Beckham does it again Empty Re: Beckham does it again

Post by L.r.d Mon May 26, 2008 7:08 pm

Well i put it here http://europeanboard.ephpbb.com/the-international-board-f6/mls-t16090-20.htm

But you are right, it deserves it's own thread!

The genius is still within him, i watched the whole game, he was out of this world for 90 minutes and then did that at the end Magic
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue May 27, 2008 8:24 am

David Beckham spent 40 minutes on hold after phoning a paralysed
    British BMX rider to wish him well. When Stephen Murray eventually got
    to the phone the pair spent half an hour chatting. (The Sun)

he has his faults but he is a genuinely good person too.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Tue May 27, 2008 3:44 pm

He is an amazing person. I cant believe all the hate he got throughout his career, infact i cant believe how cuntish some Man Utd fans are towards him even today!

He is a nice guy who's talent is often underated by people who look at him as overated. He's not that good looking, and Posh Spice is not a super chick, so why is he so famous then?
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Tue May 27, 2008 3:50 pm

L.r.d wrote:He is an amazing person. I cant believe all the hate he got throughout his career, infact i cant believe how cuntish some Man Utd fans are towards him even today!

He is a nice guy who's talent is often underated by people who look at him as overated. He's not that good looking, and Posh Spice is not a super chick, so why is he so famous then?

I think that the fact that he is married to a brainless, untalented skinny monkey helped to add more dislike for him, but he is indeed i nice guy.

I remember when he was at Spain, Spanish journalist always said that he was a very easy to deal and professional man, all his interviews he sound like a decent guy.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue May 27, 2008 3:55 pm

Juligen wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:He is an amazing person. I cant believe all the hate he got throughout his career, infact i cant believe how cuntish some Man Utd fans are towards him even today!

I think that the fact that he is married to a brainless, untalented skinny monkey helped to add more dislike for him, but he is indeed i nice guy.

I remember when he was at Spain, Spanish journalist always said that he was a very easy to deal and professional man, all his interviews he sound like a decent guy.

Indeed Rebecca Loos said exact the same thing ok
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Tue May 27, 2008 4:37 pm

S4P wrote:Another goal from inside his own half.

The last month Becks has been superb! <Ale>

His critics in England will have you believe that "it's just the MLS", but in fact most teams from this league can go toe to toe with the also rans from the EPL. True story! Good to see Becks playing well, great for his own ass, great for the MLS, great for the kids in the USA who idolize him. Everybody is happy! Biggrin <Ale>
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Tue May 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Speaking of Posh!

Beckham does it again Foto6sub

Beckham does it again Foto1
    Beckham does it again Foto2

Beckham does it again Foto3

Beckham does it again Foto5

Beckham does it again Foto6

Beckham does it again Foto7

Sometimes pictures say more then words lol! lol!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Tue May 27, 2008 4:40 pm

Puro wrote:

His critics in England will have you believe that "it's just the MLS", but in fact most teams from this league can go toe to toe with the also rans from the EPL. True story!

Danny Dichio is 2nd in the MLS top scorers table. W to the G. <Ale>
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue May 27, 2008 4:41 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Puro wrote:

His critics in England will have you believe that "it's just the MLS", but in fact most teams from this league can go toe to toe with the also rans from the EPL. True story!

lol!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue May 27, 2008 4:44 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Ain't it amazing what a player can do with a little service AND a coach who believes in him! He ain't Owen that's for sure, missing 3 sitters and then scoring one via a PK. Wink Biggrin <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue May 27, 2008 4:50 pm

Puro wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Ain't it amazing what a player can do with a little service AND a coach who believes in him! He ain't Owen that's for sure, missing 3 sitters and then scoring one via a PK. Wink Biggrin <Ale>

So you really rate John Carver? I thought all English coaches were "shite". scratch
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue May 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    So you really rate John Carver? I thought all English coaches were "shite". scratch

No, not all of them are shite, most are overrated like McClaren or simply shite like your man Fat Sam. Biggrin

My man Harry Redknapp can coach, the same goes with old boy Roy. I told you all that months ago. I don't know much about Carver. Yallop was doing some good things, but he's struggling recently.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue May 27, 2008 5:09 pm

So you rate Roy Hodgson and Harry Redknapp, but don't rate Bobby Robson and Kevin Keegan. lol!
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue May 27, 2008 5:12 pm

He didnt rate Redknapp about a year ago either..he didnt know who Harry was but he tried to sign some Paraguayan striker and it was immediately "oh no, this English fucko!! He wont know what to do with one of my boys yo yo!" etc.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Tue May 27, 2008 5:13 pm

Just goes to show what winning the FA Cup can do to your reputation.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue May 27, 2008 5:18 pm

Kimbo wrote:So you rate Roy Hodgson and Harry Redknapp, but don't rate Bobby Robson and Kevin Keegan. lol!

I think Robson was a good coach who stayed way too long in the game. There were signs that the game was passing him by three years before your club kicked him to the curb.

For instance, at the time when the cream of the crop in the EPL were strengthening their teams playing the very best they could get, he was going all out with only English players. One can respect his decision, but he was a big fool. He fucked your team big time. You still haven't recovered from his decisions. He was a good coach, but became an old fool. You must know when to leave the game before the game leaves you. True story! <Ale>

Double K is plain shite as a coach! Biggrin <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue May 27, 2008 5:24 pm

borocooper wrote:He didnt rate Redknapp about a year ago either..he didnt know who Harry was but he tried to sign some Paraguayan striker and it was immediately "oh no, this English fucko!! He wont know what to do with one of my boys yo yo!" etc.

Your hatred for me is such you're putting strange words in your own mouth. Biggrin <Ale>

Settle down Boro, take a chill pill already!
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue May 27, 2008 5:25 pm

yooooooooo
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue May 27, 2008 5:26 pm

It might've been Carlos Acuña.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue May 27, 2008 5:29 pm

Puro wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:So you rate Roy Hodgson and Harry Redknapp, but don't rate Bobby Robson and Kevin Keegan. lol!

I think Robson was a good coach who stayed way too long in the game. There were signs that the game was passing him by three years before your club kicked him to the curb.

For instance, at the time when the cream of the crop in the EPL were strengthening their teams playing the very best they could get, he was going all out with only English players. One can respect his decision, but he was a big fool. He fucked your team big time. You still haven't recovered from his decisions. He was a good coach, but became an old fool. You must know when to leave the game before the game leaves you. True story! <Ale>

Double K is plain shite as a coach! Biggrin <Ale>

So one did a bad job after taking a team from a relegation battle to 3rd in the league, because he used English players. And the other you decided immediately was shite despite admitting that you started watching the league only 5 years ago, and therefore admitting you have no knowledge on him. Hardly doing a good job of defending yourself here Puro. <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue May 27, 2008 5:38 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    So one did a bad job after taking a team from a relegation battle to 3rd in the league, because he used English players. And the other you decided immediately was shite despite admitting that you started watching the league only 5 years ago, and therefore admitting you have no knowledge on him. Hardly doing a good job of defending yourself here Puro. <Ale>

Robson did a great job saving your team, but he didn't know how to take the next step, how to beat the big boys, how to reach the Promised Land. Or he knew how (by playing the best players around), but he chose to stick with English players only. I respect his decision, he's his own man. He "died" his own way, an old fool. <Ale>

His 19th Century Victorian Philosophy was doomed in the 21st Century when just about EVERYONE went global.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue May 27, 2008 5:45 pm

Puro wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Robson did a great job saving your team, but he didn't know how to take the next step, how to beat the big boys, how to reach the Promised Land. Or he knew how (by playing the best players around), but he chose to stick with English players only. I respect his decision, he's his own man. He "died" his own way, an old fool. <Ale>

His 19th Century Victorian Philosophy was doomed in the 21st Century when just about EVERYONE went global.

He beat the big boys plenty of times. We beat Juventus, Arsenal a couple of times, infact he ended our London jinx by beating Arsenal 3-1 at Highbury, we also beat Man U a couple of times, we went to the San Siro and were very unlucky to come away with a 2-2 draw against Inter. We were in a title race under him, that isn't the "next" step? He stuck with English players, even though he played Bellamy(£6m), Speed, Robert(£9.5m), Solano, Hughes, Bernard, and Given in his first team? The English players in his team included Woodgate, Dyer, and Shearer. Are you telling me they shouldn't have played? The only questionable one was Bramble who was a big prospect at the time.

You don't know what you're talking about and you're getting owned here. <Ale>
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue May 27, 2008 6:41 pm

He was being compared to Zidanes and Figos and that was overrated , Giggs and Scholes would have deserved any comparisons if they were any.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Tue May 27, 2008 6:51 pm

Juligen wrote:

That's a lot to do with it, plus people get envious when someone makes it big. But he deserved to be big. Who he falls in love with shouldn't really be an issue anyway......
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Tue May 27, 2008 6:57 pm

He brought 'it' for 90 minutes, apparently.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Tue May 27, 2008 6:57 pm

DS wrote:

He was being compared to Zidanes and Figos and that was overrated , Giggs and Scholes would have deserved any comparisons if they were any.

Really don't agree and if you look back at games throughout the years you see he was more influential. He was the one up for world player of the year not these guys, and it was on merit.

Look at his last 6 months for Real Madird, could Scholes do that? lead a team around in such a way?
    Beckham practically made Ruud half his goals at man utd and madrid. Giggs just to inconsistent im afraid.

He wasnt close to Zidane or Rivaldo, but overall with his attitude and other qualities you can compare him to Figo and co.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue May 27, 2008 7:05 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    DS wrote:

Really don't agree and if you look back at games throughout the years you see he was more influential. He was the one up for world player of the year not these guys, and it was on merit.

Look at his last 6 months for Real Madird, could Scholes do that? lead a team around in such a way?
    Beckham practically made Ruud half his goals at man utd and madrid. Giggs just to inconsistent im afraid.

He wasnt close to Zidane or Rivaldo, but overall with his attitude and other qualities you can compare him to Figo and co.
    You must be joking , Scholes would slotted easier in any continental team , how many goals he made for Ruud in Madrid he was good but not the reason Madrid won the title heck Capello only played him after Jan unfortunately for you Van Goal was the reason they won he converted any half chance he got of a lack lustre team.
    Giggs inconsistent ? in his prime ?
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Tue May 27, 2008 8:23 pm

Where were they in December-January?

The Scholes stuff is just a tiresome theory with no substance of reality. He's a good technical player but he couldn't lead a team like Beckham did. Especially from that situation.

Ruud played his part, but Beckham led the team back from the dead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:20 pm