Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best/Worst for YOU

Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Number of posts : 2605
    Supports : Southampton
    Registration date : 2007-01-17

Best/Worst for YOU Empty Best/Worst for YOU

Post by Rasiak-9 Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:53 pm

I started a thread like this for the league season and its always a good fun subject to do so I thought we could have one for Euro 2008.

In your opinion, what are the best and worst case scenarios that you hope for/fear for your team in Euro 2008.

I'll get started

Team: Polska!

The BEST that could happen:

Catching the Germans by suprise with a far more attacking game than they expected and backed up by many noisy fans, we get a shock win vs them and hold Croatia off us for a draw. Playing for pride as well as qualification for the next round we are able to get a draw against our other rivals Austria despite the added panache they have thanks to their support setting us up for a 1/4 final meeting against Portugal. Alas, with the shock result against Germany as well as the fact we beat and drew with them in the qualifiers means that we lose the element of suprise and the Portuguese simply prove too strong for us. Still, a good performance from us as first time qualifiers and results against the old enemies to savour Smile

The WORST that could happen:

With a repeat performance of the 2006 game against Germany Beenhakker opts to play a defensive 4-5-1 formation and let Germany come at us. Stifling but not stopping them, we captiulate to a 2-0 defeat. With morale down and the pressure on us which we so often can't cope with, we are in no position to cause an upset against the stronger opposition of Croatia who beat us similarly comfortably. Once again, we are out of a major tournement after two games and the match against Austria really doesn't matter, but we still lose with their team playing at home and buoyed by national pride, as well as possibly a slim chance of qualification.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:13 pm